Quality Renovations

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2007

P.O. BOX 201508

Austin, TX 78720

Founded in 1998, Quality Renovations is a locally owned and operated company built on knowledge and experience. Having contracted with several national home builders throughout the years, we have gained strong experience working on custom home remodeling projects with architects, structural engineers and designers. We take pride in being a full service residential construction and remodeling company that provides superior craftsmanship and client satisfaction on every project. We welcome client designs, architectural or designer blueprints, or we can supply our CAD drafts on residential remodeling projects. Please call us today at 512-452-9983!...

12/24/2019

John H.

Scott didn't just remodel our kitchen and breakfast room; his work there made our entire 40-year-old house feel like a new one. We chose him because of his reputation for being thorough, creative and meticulous. This was confirmed after we visited the homes of his former clients. He worked on our project every day and didn't have multiple jobs going at the same time as some contractors do. He focused just on us. Scott is a good listener and problem solver; he was thorough in answering our questions and offering suggestions. The experienced craftsmen in his crew know their trade and the Austin area. We cannot recommend Quality Renovations highly enough.

Description of Work
Remodel of our kitchen and breakfast room; this included removal of a cabinet that blocked the two spaces, replacement of floor, countertop, backsplash, part of the ceiling and lighting, upgrade of the cabinets and painting. He also installed a wall of cabinets in the breakfast room with a small coffee countertop and display space at the top.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to work with you on your project. We really like the way that the kitchen remodeling project opened up the area and allowed more cabinet and countertop space. Thank you again! Scott/ Quality Renovations

07/24/2019

Andy N.

Proceed with caution when considering Quality Renovations. I really wanted to award Quality Renovations with the remodel of our home library. I was impressed with Scott Etchelecu and his knowledge of the trades. But at the end of the day there were too many “red flags” in working with Scott. Red Flag #1. Scott’s bid was significantly lower than the three other contractors. The other bids ranged from $70K to $78K, about a 10% range. Scott’s bid was 42% lower than the next lowest bid. The scope of project was well defined with architectural drawings and specification details. Red Flag #2. Scott would not provide a list of reference until he received a $650 deposit. Red Flag #3. Scott would not begin to assemble his reference until after receiving the deposit, by which time the check would have cleared the bank. Red Flag #4. I made it clear to Scott that providing good references was the last step in awarding the project, yet he made no attempt to provide them. You have to ask yourself, would you provide a reference if that was the only thing stopping you from winning a $52K job?

Description of Work
Remodel of Home Office / Library

Category hardwood floor,remodeling,woodworking

We appreciate all customer feedback, including the one from this potential client. We worked with him for 8 weeks and made several corrections to his architectural plans. We gave him time to get estimates from other contractors and he reached out to us again with estimates. We believe our pricing is in line with current local fees for such projects and use premium products and seasoned craftsmen from all trades. In addition, our close relationships and long experience with suppliers allow us to secure discounted prices for many kitchen and bathroom appliances. We explained up front that his deposit was fully refundable and necessary for us to move forward. After agreeing to mail us the deposit and then changing his mind weeks later, we notified the potential client that we probably were not the best fit for his project. We wished him well and hope his project turned out to his satisfaction with another contractor. Scott/ Quality Renovations

08/12/2018

Martin W.

Couldn't be happier. The quality of the work is excellent, and Scott is great to deal with. The communication throughout the process was also excellent. At every step along the way, we were informed as to what was happening, and even better, explanations as to why things were being done a certain way. One other thing that stands out is the willingness to answer questions and share knowledge outside the scope of the project. There are some lighter projects that I am taking on myself, and the knowledge shared will no doubt in smoother projects with better results. HIGHLY recommended.

Description of Work
Convert master shower/tub to walk-in shower, tile master bedroom floor, remodel upstairs bath, repair damaged ceiling area.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

06/29/2018

Tyler B.

Excellent. Stayed on schedule. The work was topnotch quality. We've been really happy with it. Easy to work it. It was a great experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working on your project and wish you many years of enjoyment on your new kitchen and bath. Sincerely, Scott / Quality Renovations

04/13/2018

Leslie C.

Everything went amazing, very well. He pays attention on time. We work very closely and involved me on the project. Very good and excellent people.

Description of Work
He did a complete master bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the nice review. It was a pleasure to complete this fascinating bath creation. Our congratulations to you on some fantastic design ideas and component selections. Thanks again, Sincerely, Scott/ Quality Renovations

05/23/2016

Kyle H.

I decided to put my house on the market, and then discovered wet floors in the closets that surround my master shower. I needed to get my home listed, so I rushed to diagnose the problem and get it fixed. After having a plumber come determine that the water was caused by a shower pan leak, I searched for contractors and came across Quality Renovations on Angie's List. Scott was great to work with. He was very responsive to an email request on his website and came promptly the next day to provide an estimate. His estimate was significantly less than other contractors and on a shorter timeline, and he was able to start the work a few days later. He showed up every day on time, was very communicative throughout the week of work when I was out of town, and went above and beyond to make sure my shower was put back together with matching tile and a shiny new drain. You can't even tell there was a repair, and he even followed up a few days later to make sure everything was great. If I ever have another renovation situation, I'll definitely call Scott!

Description of Work
Repaired a shower pan leak, replaced shower drain, and retiled shower. Repaired dry wall damage to nearby walls.

02/18/2016

d j T.

It was a small job, basically replacing countertops and moving the refrigerator location. But it involved all of the trades for a complete remodel, and it was handled as if it were a big job. He was very professional. The quality of his work was amazing, and he was so detail oriented. Perfection is very important to him. He was obsessed with keeping the work area tidy everyday, which is important in a kitchen. He has a very pleasant easy going personality, I was very comfortable having him in my home.The subcontractors he hired were also all experts in their field.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced slate flooring, reworked cabinets, reworked dry wall, replaced countertops with quartz, add tile backsplash, removed and replace customer supplied sinks and cooktop, moved electrical and plumbing lines.

09/23/2015

Sherry N.

I chose to finally renovate two 35 year old totally disgusting bathrooms with 'cultured' marble counters, possible pressed wood pulp product vanities and all-in-one tub shower combos UGH. The guest bath had to be taken all the way down to the studs. The master was also a complete gut job but we were able to save a good deal of the drywall. I had the tub in the guest bath removed and replaced with a shower. 4"x8" subway tile with grey grout, cornice pieces, twisted pencil trim, round penny tile for the floor and in the niche. Scott spent the time to explain everything he was going to do and why. He listened while I told him what I was looking for in the tile pattern for the shower and the flooring (porcelain planking). We had great communication regarding each step of the process including placement of the niche, the type of shower doors and the removal of the furr-down, installation of a free standing vanity, new light fixture and fan and new commode. The guest bath looks like something right out of a spa. We did have a problem with the original copper tubing in that bath. Scott's plumber Chris did an excellent job correcting the error that was made back when the house was built and the slab poured got me back up to speed and nice new valves. The master bath required a custom counter that turned out beautifully and to my specifications after a conversation with Scott about what I wanted. I was really tough on Scott's assistant Kevin regarding the floor tile. I wanted to make sure I didn't see any obvious repeated planks. Kevin really listened and did an amazing job getting them completely mixed up. It might seem easy but I've done it and it really does take a bit of doing. People have stopped in and said it looks like a real wood floor. I ordered an American Standard tub from online. It turns out it wasn't just a tub but a 'bathing pool'... who knew. Anyway the plumbing was different than a regular tub unexpected hitch #437. I had them install the same 4"x8" subway tile with cornice pieces and pencil trim in this bath. The detail along the edge of the tub is just beautiful. There was a tiny leak in the water line that ended up leaking to the carpet in the bedroom. Scott could easily have just put a fan on it but he did it the correct way and tarped the room, pulled up the carpet, ran one of those weird fans, replaced the damaged pad and stretched the carpet. (not to mention moving furniture including my embarrassingly dusty books out of the bookcase.. and knick knacks... tons and tons of knick knacks) I trust him completely to do not only a competent job but an EXCELLENT job. His attention to detail with the trim in the guest bath, is eye for design with the color of the vanity stain in the master and his professional manner in dealing with those things that just don't go the way you expect was way above my expectations. I also want to mention that Scott was just wonderful about communicating with me whether by text, email or phone calls. He was prompt at responding to me and great about keeping me in the loop about what was happening or what would be happening. Seriously I couldn't be happier. This process cost a good chunk of change but it was absolutely worth it!

Description of Work
Scott did two bathroom renovations for me. Complete gut jobs.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,flooring contractor,glass repair,hardwood floor,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

08/30/2015

Melissa Z.

Scott did not show up for the appointment or call to cancel. I left a message for him 30 minutes after he was supposed to be there. Did not hear anything until the next day. He called and apologized for missing the appointment and wanted to reschedule. I told him no that I already had taken a half day off work and did not want to do business with someone that could not be bothered to call and cancel. He said he had an emergency at the job site and it took all day and he could not call. I told him I did not find that acceptable and when I mentioned that I would give him a negative review for not calling to cancel he said that he almost had a guy cut his finger off at the job site and to be sure to put that in my review and then hung up on me.

Description of Work
Scheduled an appointment at the provider's suggested date and time so he could avoid traffic. This required me to take 1/2 day off work to accommodate his schedule.

04/08/2015

Amy M.

We bought a house that we now jokingly refer to as the money pit. First, it was the downstairs shower that was leaking and apparently had been leaking for a long time. It is a double shower with slate. Scott was very careful to demo only what actually had to come out in order to fix the problem. It required all the floor to come up and about two foot of the wall to come off. He did exactly what he needed to do to make sure no water had damaged the framing, put in a new double pan, waterproofed it all, checked and rechecked that it was watertight, and then seamlessly installed new slate on the walls and floor. Scott is so meticulous that you can't tell where his work ends and the original slate begins. He took so much time making sure everything was perfect. Once we discovered that the leak was due to a crazily constructed pan, we figured if they did it that way in one, we better have Scott check the rest. Sure enough, the upstairs shower was even worse than the master so much so that water had actually leaked down into the electric panel below. Again, Scott saved the day. That entire shower had to be taken down to the studs to fix. He did the same fabulous work in there making sure everything was structurally sound and reconstructed so it would cause no further issues. Scott and Ray spent countless hours building the pan, waterproofing, and tiling. The outcome looks amazing, and, even better, we're no longer afraid our son will be electrocuted. Scott also redid the heat tiles/box of the outdoor fireplace that was falling apart as well as replaced some trim tile that the previous owners knocked off when they moved out. Every job Scott has done for us has turned out better than expected. We have had such luck and success with Scott that we have asked him to help us out with additional projects that we discovered "the pit" needs. He is just a down to earth, extremely knowledgeable, honest man that does a superb job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Scott repaired two showers that were built with inappropriate pans causing some major leaking. He also fixed missing counter tile and an outdoor fireplace that was falling apart.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Texas Platinum Construction

Building and renovating homes in the greater Austin area for over 3 decades affords Texas Platinum Construction the experience and knowledge to build custom spec homes with attention to detail and highest quality work. Our staff, subcontractors, and vendors have a long established history with Texas Platinum Construction, ensuring clear communication and efficiency.

Rivera Service Painting and Cleaning

We are providers of construction and cleaning services in the Austin area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom for the needs of each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, Rivera Service Painting and Cleaning has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism, and customer service our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer professionally. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Call us today and find out how we can meet all your cleaning, construction and painting needs!

River City Flooring

Welcome to River City Flooring. We are a proud San Antonio and Austin based distributor of premium flooring. We pride ourselves on our reputation for great prices, quality flooring, and fanatical customer service. Our specialty is premium grade Engineered Hardwoods, which we source directly from the manufacturer and buy in bulk containers. By cutting out the middle-men and buying in volume, we are able to pass our savings on to you. As owner/operators we are committed to helping our clients find the perfect flooring solution for their needs; from a simple home office, to a large commercial space, we offer solutions for every flooring need. Check out our profile to learn more about what sets us apart from our competition. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction on each and every job. Others may say it, but we actually mean it. That is why YOU WILL NOT PAY ONE PENNY UNTIL THE JOB IS COMPLETE AND YOU ARE 100% SATISFIED. No deposit. No half up front. Nothing until the job is complete. Try finding that with the "other guys!" We know you have many options and we appreciate your interest in our products and services. Contact us today for a free in-home estimate and consultation, or to schedule an appointment to see our new showroom off Wetmore and Thousand Oaks. Additional email: info@rcfhardwoods.com.

Specializing in Kitchen and Bath Remodeling, General Contracting & Home Additions