Malco Electric Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since May 2010

Malco Electric, Inc. is a family owned and operated business since 1983. Randy Mallory is a Master Electrician with the expertise required to meet all your residential, commercial, and industrial electrical needs. 24 hour emergency service available. Free estimates are for homeowners only and do not include inspections....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Coffee Shop

+6 more images

electrician (305)lighting (69)ceiling fan installation (35)handyman (3)

11/30/2021

Jason K.

Start to finish the experience was great with Malco electric. They were the only electrician out of 5 that I called that answered the phone to schedule an appointment. On the day of service Todd was on time and professional. We unexpectedly had a family emergency minutes before he arrived. He patiently waited until it was resolved to begin working on our electrical issues. He thoroughly checked out each issue and resolved them. He was even considerate to give me a ride to the hospital to meet my family after completing the electrical repairs as our second car was in the shop at the time. If you have electrical needs Malco electrical will take good care of you.

Description of Work
Breaker panel inspection, breaker replacement, circuit inspection, and circuit repair

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Thank you for being a valued customer and for the feedback

02/05/2021

Randolph M.

OK. Workmen showed up on time, and did the work required. No drop cloths were laid down, so there was a fair amount of cleanup required after the contractor left. Not super-impressed with the quality of the work done, but it was adequate. It would have been better had *all* the ceiling locations been marked for our approval before any installation.

Description of Work
Install 11 LED ceiling lights

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Review for Malco Electric Inc - 10908 W Hwy 290, Austin, TX - 39178156

Thank you for the constructive criticism. We will use it to make changes needed to better serve our other customers.

02/02/2021

Juanita V.

Malco Electric, was a real pleasure . First, they answered their phone. Unlike other electrical companies who never even responded to our messages. Second, I was immediately connected with Randy. He was very helpful, professional and very concern about getting a team out to help us with our situation. Spoke to Randy on a Monday and Tuesday Morning received a call from Randy explaining what’s going to happen. His team was at the house early in the morning working and repairing damaged/melted breaker box switches. Randy and his team were very professional, trustworthy, respectful, knowledgeable, friendly and truly excellent. We are truly grateful to them that they responded so quickly and provided solid quality work. Thank you, Malco Electric!!!

Description of Work
Replacing complete breaker and wires located out of house.

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

We appreciate your kind words and please keep us in mind for any future electrical needs. Thanks

05/14/2020

Chandler H.

We selected Malco Electric for this job because they seemed professional and gave us the best price over the phone. When Jimmie arrived at our residence, he immediately decided to charge us 3x more for the same job. We felt blindsided that they were trying to up-charge us, so and we ended up hiring a different company to do the job for the original estimate. We would not recommend hiring Malco, but if you're in the Austin area look up Alpha One Electric! Very Satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Installing three new pendant lights

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the estimate that was provided. Malco strives to provide fair pricing for quality work. We would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss this prior to the review, but we wish you the best with your chosen contractor. Thanks

04/01/2020

Gretchen E.

Victor did an excellent job. He explained everything he did to diagnose problems and did the repairs promptly. Very friendly team.

Description of Work
electric switches repaired

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

We thank you for the nice review. Customer satisfaction is our goal. Please call us in the future for any projects you might have. Malco Electric 512-301-9111.

03/17/2020

Phillip P.

When extremely well. Ours way a small project, had a hard time getting anyone interested in it. Malco treated us as if we were their biggest, best client. Thank you to Jimmy and his guys. I will call them for my next project !!!

Description of Work
Wired a porch addition

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Please keep us in mind on any future projects.

02/17/2020

Linda H.

This was a difficult project because the necessary wiring wasn't already in place. Nevertheless the Malco folks figured out a creative solution, without drilling holes in walls, and we ended up with exactly what we needed.

Description of Work
Install two 240v plugs where previously there was a 240 and a 120

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

02/07/2020

Kris M.

First, they were very late. They were scheduled to arrive at 8am, and arrived at 9:30am. When I asked when they would arrive, they didn't give a clear answer, so I really didn't know when they were going to arrive. Everything else was fine.

Description of Work
Move an outlet from one location to another

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

We appreciate your feedback and your review. Thank you for the constructive criticism that can be used to better other's experiences. Please call us in the future with any electrical projects you might have.

01/02/2020

diane L.

They're great! Good quality, on time and good customer service.

Description of Work
They redid a plug in the bedroom.

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

Malco Electric appreciates the nice review. We strive hard to please our customers. Please call us in the future with any electrical projects you might have. 512-301-9111 Happy New Year!

11/17/2019

Debora S.

They were great!!! Fair price Excellent Service and.. They cleaned up after themselves!!

Description of Work
Changed a light tht required hard wiring

Work Completed On 11/17/2019

Our goal is to have happy customers. Thank you for letting Malco Electric help you with your electrical projects and for the nice review. Please call us in the future. 512-301-9111.

11/10/2019

George M.

Great. Did some rewiring and part replacement which eliminated the heating problem. Technician was very profession and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Diagnose and fix a dimmable light switch which was hot to the touch.

Work Completed On 11/10/2019

Malco Electric appreciates the opportunity to help you with your electrical needs. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please call us in the future, 512-301-9111. Thank you

Jack C.

We had some last minute work to be done to the service panel and they found under gauge wiring to the HVAC which they replaced with 60Amp rated wire. They installed multiple GFCI outlets and AFCI in the main panel. They went above and beyond to do a great job. Reliable, experienced professionals.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Thank you for the nice review. Customers are our business. Please call us in the future for additional electrical needs. Malco Electric, 512-301-9111

David A.

They were prompt and professional and got the job done.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

Malco Electric so appreciates the nice review. Please call us in the future to schedule for future electrical projects. 512-301-9111. Happy Holidays

Helen J.

I had an electrical emergency and on VERY short notice, I called Malco and they 'worked me in' and solved my problem before my company arrived. I will certainly continue to use them for my electrical issues.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

We appreciate the nice review. We try hard to satisfy our customers, and thank you for the opportunity to help you with your electrical needs. Please call Malco Electric in the future, 512-301-9111.

10/31/2019

Ed Y.

Sent request through Angie’s List, via their website, and called. No one bothered to contact me. Disappointing since I am a returning customer. Last time was great. I’m not sure why they don’t care now.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback but reviewing all the requests via Angie's List and our website contact form, we cannot find any record of your request. I will have our online admin investigate further. We would love to speak with you to regain you as a customer and it is always best to call us directly. I can be reached directly at 512-850-9114 Thank you, Cody Jemes

10/24/2019

Char M.

Chris and helper did a wonderful job....rewired the microwave on a different circuit, hiding all the wiring, fixed an led kitchen overhead cam, and rewired the control sprinkler box..... Punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. I have used Malco for over 10 years...great company! I use them on several properties.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

We thank you for the nice review. We do recognize you as a long standing customer, which makes us happy. Thank you for always trusting Malco Electric. Until the next time..

10/22/2019

chad H.

The Malco team did a great job. They quickly installed a chandelier above the stairs and fixed a few broken electrical outlets. Their expertise allowed them to quickly finish the job and get it done well under budget.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Customer satisfaction is our goal. We thank you for the opportunity to help you with your electrical project and the nice review. Please call us in the future, Malco Electric, 512-301-9111. Thank you

Carol H.

These guys are the best! Malco Electric over the past few years has changed out switches and outlets, put up security lights, replaced the sub-panel and all of its breakers, and this week replaced my main breaker panel, brought the grounding up to code, and replaced the meter box (home owner's responsibility) and worked with Austin Energy to schedule an outage for me and to get permits and an inspection. These are the people you want to hire for any electric issues you might have.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

Thank you so much for the kind words and we are happy to be your electricians.

carlos G.

Honest and dependable service. The electrician was a professional who was out to do a job and not take you to the bank. Affordable!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Customer satisfaction is our goal. Please call us in the future, Malco Electric, . 512-391-9111.

angie B.

Excellent service. I will definitely use them for all my needs.

Description of Work
Electrical and lighting installation

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

Thank you for the nice review. Malco Electric looks forward to future electrical projects. Our goal is a satisfied customer. 512-301-9111

barbara D.

I had four outdoor lights changed out for LED lights. They showed up on time, worked quickly, and even fixed a faulty electrical switch. I appreciated their professionalism, and would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

Customer satisfaction is our priority. We thank you for the nice review and please consider Malco Electric for future electrical projects. 512-301-9111.

BETTY T.

Chris, my electrician, has been able to provide solutions to some of the obstacles I have had in updating my 40 year old home. In the end, he has made it happen which is what counts for me. They are a keeper for future needs.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/15/2019