Maids by Melissa

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2008

PO Box 340434

Austin, TX 78734

www.maidsbymelissa.com

We have years of experience caring for the homes of Austinites, from all walks of life. The people who choose us for their homes, do so because they know we are leaders in our profession, dedicated to excellence in service, and we have the highest integrity....

house cleaning (39)

11/03/2020

perry D.

Kenya arrived right at 10am with 2 maids. We went through the house together showing them what we wanted done. They did an amazing job and they were finished in 3.5 hours. Our house is 1700 square feet. 2.5 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. They cleaned the oven and the frig too. Great job and highly recommend. We will definitely be using them in the spring. Thank you very much for a job well done!!

Description of Work
I like to have a nice deep cleaning done to our house once a year. I decide to try Maids by Melissa this time.

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/30/2020

Celeste G.

Previous owners didn't clean after moving out and the house needed all surfaces cleaned including the windows, sills, baseboards, floors, bathrooms. Kendall was easy to work with and showed up early with a staff of 3 women. They were professional, efficient, finished on time – would recommend.

Description of Work
Deep cleaning

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

08/04/2020

Julianne A.

Amazing! Clear, quick communication. Very on top of everything from the initial response to my request for a quote, and made the whole cleaning easy to coordinate for our new renters, they did an excellent job and will be hiring in the future when new tenants arrive!

Description of Work
Move out cleaning between tenants

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

12/07/2019

Chrishinda D.

I highly recommend Maids By Melissa. Kenya was very responsive and patient in answering all my questions throughout the scheduling process. Two cleaners arrived the day before Thanksgiving. We had just wrapped up a big renovation in our living room and there was a thick layer of dust coating every surface in our home. Those ladies arrived on time and got right to work. They worked together flawlessly, were very respectful and kind, and they did an outstanding job. It took them about 2 1/2 hours but they got the place back in exceptional condition. I especially appreciated their attention to detail. Every corner, every fan blade, under every Item on our countertops, every little detail was seen to. They even changed one of the lightbulbs in the guest bathroom that had burned out. I know that wasn’t in their job description but WOW, they went above and beyond what was expected! Little things like that make a big difference. We are certainly going to use their services again!

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

10/12/2018

Sarah G.

I hired Maids by Melissa to clean my house before I had a guest come into town to visit me. I picked up before they came over, but they made sure to clean under anything I had left out. I have cats and I have never seen my couches looking so clean and hair-free. Price was great, and it freed me up to be able to run other errands. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
House Cleaning

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

06/06/2018

Dayna W.

I highly recommend Maids By Melissa! If you’re looking for AMAZING services that are also very affordable, you’re in the right place!

Description of Work
Move Out Cleaning

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

04/18/2018

Camille C.

First off, let me say WOW. I will try to keep this short and sweet. We bought a house after having lived in an apartment for three years, with no professional cleaning down during that time, just the normal daily/monthly duties you should do to keep a liveable space. So I was a little apprehensive/overwhelmed about doing the deep clean myself. I contacted Maids By Melissa and Kenya (the lady with whom I was corresponding) was very quick to respond to any and all questions via email. I was able to make an appointment the following day from the initial estimate request. Although I was unable to be there for the actually cleaning, I left a key for the crew and went the next day to verify the services. That’s where the WOW comes in. By NO MEANS was our house a wreck, but I was weary about certain things getting done (the fridge, the oven, deep scrub of the tub). NOPE. ALL OF IT was sparkling! I was in absolute awe with the outcome. And price? Very affordable. Kenya informed me that it took longer than expected, but only charged me for the quoted estimate, which was very nice of her. I will DEFINITELY recommend and use this company again. They exceeded all my expectations from the very first email to the final walk through. Two thumbs up on my end!

Description of Work
Move-out clean

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

Review for Maids by Melissa - PO Box 340434, Austin, TX - 36989746

09/04/2017

Suzanna A.

The work performed by the cleaning crew was moderate, at best. The bathrooms and kitchen area were clean, but my hardwood and tile floors were not. The floors were swept with a broom and not polished as I requested to be done. A vacuum was not used, so dog hair was still evident along the baseboards. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
Standard housecleaning services

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/14/2017

Lawrence R.

Excellent! came on time, did what they are supposed to do.

Description of Work
House cleaning

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

04/11/2017

George M.

The two or three ladies always arrive on time (which did not happen with other services we have tried). The day before the office calls to ensure we need the service. The cleaning takes approximately two-two and a half ours as is very professional.

Description of Work
Hired to clean the entire house interior which included everything except windows.

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

07/26/2016

Meghan B.

The house looked great and they were quick!

Description of Work
Moving out cleaning

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

12/17/2015

Tim W.

I don't have an issue with the cleaning service though it did seem that the quality of the cleaning done on this visit wasn't as good as during the first two. I have an issue with the bill. First, the bill does not show the number of hours you are being charged for. My understanding was that the first visit was $75 per hour, then $65 per hour for subsequent visits. Regardless, I was over charged. The maids arrived at 8:15 and left between 9:45-10:00. Yet the bill was for $175. This is approximately 2.25 hours at $75 per hour and 2.5 at $65 per hour. The maids were here 1.5-1.75 hours at most. The previous bills had also seemed a little high but this one was clearly an overcharge.

Description of Work
Cleaning a 2 bedroom apartment for the 3rd time.

Work Completed On 12/03/2015

10/26/2015

Jay W.

It went great. They did what I needed.

Description of Work
Cleaned the house

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

07/04/2015

Karen H.

For $175 plus tax Maids by Melissa is cleaning our 4000 sq ft house every 2 weeks. They are prompt and do great work. They do work off Hamilton Pool Rd between Bee Cave and Dripping Springs. It,s hard to find service companies that work out here.

Description of Work
House cleaning -- 4000 sq ft house

Work Completed On 06/30/2015

02/10/2015

Debbie W.

Team came on time along with a supervisor to look over the house and discuss with me my requests for cleaning. Team went right to work and worked efficiently for the 2 1/2 hrs there. The house looked great after they left.

Description of Work
Team came in and did a complete cleaning of our house. This included baseboards, blinds, ceiling fans--along with the standard dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of bathrooms and kitchen.

Work Completed On 02/09/2015

01/09/2015

Jean N.

They were very awesome. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They just cleaning the house. They did a deep cleaning and freshen up. They have been coming regularly since June.

Work Completed On 01/02/2015

06/06/2014

Lillian B.

They happily work around our schedules and pets and my house is always SQUEEKY CLEAN when they walk out! The work is excellent and reliable. It's one less thing I have to worry about because the quality is consistent and I'm not always retraining new cleaning staff. This company is run so efficiently and they hire great staff. You couldn't ask for better service! Also, it's great to be able to trust the people who come into your house and we've always trusted the team members they've sent.

Description of Work
We've had Maids by Melissa cleaning our home for almost six years now and cannot rate them highly enough! They clean our home from top to toe every other week. The service doesn't include windows or things like inside the fridge, but they clean the floors and bathrooms, dust the furniture, clean the kitchen, and change our sheets. They send the same team out every other week, so the gals have learned what we like. We're very into natural products and they've never had a problem using the cleaning supplies we provide. They do a great job and, just as importantly, I can ALWAYS count on them to be there. We've also hired them to help with cleanup for parties and they're always willing to work with me when we have a special event and need a cleaning on a different day.

Work Completed On 06/06/2014

05/21/2014

Terry W.

We have been using Maids by Melissa at our home for several years and have found them to be excellent in every way. The manager Kenya is excellent at making sure our desires are met (often exceeded) and that their maids do a stellar job. I recently needed help in cleaning my Sister-in-law's very messy home (hoarder) and MBM not only stepped up to the plate, they exceeded my expectations and turned a disaster into a dream. Always friendly, always on time, Maids by Melissa is the the company to call when you want that special touch every time. I rarely make recommendations but I can am confident that you will be thrilled by MBM should you need a first class cleaning service.

Description of Work
Cleaned our home

Work Completed On 04/18/2014

05/21/2014

Cheryl B.

In the past 10 or so years we have worked with 3 or 4 maid services. When we moved to our current home 3+ years ago, we started service with Maids by Melissa after interviewing several companies. We selected Maids by Melissa, which has turned out to be the best of the maid services that we have used. We have maid service every other week. Maids by Melissa telephones us early in the week of scheduled service to remind us and to let us know when the maids will be arriving. The days and timeframes (1 hour window) are always the same and the maids are always on time. They do a wonderful job (and we are picky -- we've fired 2 maid services in the past). They are fast, yet thorough. We love what we call "maids day" because our home feels and looks so clean. My husband is a former police officer, so security is of the utmost importance to us. We are very pleased with the security and privacy practices of Maids by Melissa. Bottom line -- if you want consistent, reliable, high quality cleaning services, I highly recommend Maids by Melissa.

Description of Work
Provides home maid service every-other-week for 3+ years.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

03/08/2014

Julie S.

I've been using Maids by Melissa for a few months on a biweekly basis. They do a decent job, but not the best attention to detail. Once a large area rug wasn't touched. Baseboards aren't always done too well and occasionally a shelf isn't dusted. Once I point things out the next visit, it is done better.

Description of Work
Team of two cleans my house.

Work Completed On 03/05/2014

12/12/2013

David S. S.

They were scheduled to come our house for 2 hours and three people came out. They were here exactly on time. The team that came out was fine. One girl spoke English well and she translated for the other two. They did a pretty good but there were still some streaks on the windows.

Description of Work
We had a birthday party for my sister and this company came out to clean before everyone came.

Cost $112.5

Work Completed On 09/19/2013

11/26/2013

Julie S.

It went well, they did a good job in all rooms, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They provided a "first visit" cleaning. They arrived on time, calling before they came, and cleaned approximately 2000 sq feet.

Work Completed On 11/22/2013

11/19/2013

Allison W.

It was great. She is very trustworthy and responsible. They do a great job. They are very personable.

Description of Work
She cleans my cabin once a month.

Work Completed On 11/06/2013