Little Guys Movers

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2013

4.3

2363 E State Hwy 71 Suite D

Austin, TX 78617

We are a strong brotherhood comprised of those with great will and conquer-all attitudes. We are a group of callous-handed life-lovers. We are a company built on sweat, stiff backs, and a simple philosophy: Do the right thing by people, and you will be rewarded. Our company came from meager beginnings when, in 1992, our fearless leader Marcus Watson recognized he was not cut out for getting the short end of the moving-job-stick. Realizing he could easily find a truck to borrow, two able hands, and a few good friends to call for help, he began the legacy that is known today as Little Guys Movers. Twenty years, 100,000+ moves, and five states later, LGM has maintained fierce loyalty to the values that got us here: integrity, commitment to customer service, and being actively involved in each community we are a part of. Our beloved company has expanded from one humble store in Denton, TX to nine across the states of Colorado, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas, North Carolina and Texas ....

07/03/2017

David M.

They moved almost everything we wanted moved, and did it quickly - an hour less than originally quoted. Nothing appeared to have been damaged and everything was put exactly where we wanted it in the new house. However, a few things left a bad taste in my mouth and consequently I can't recommend that anyone else hire this company. For one, we were quoted a discounted price if we paid in cash, but none of the movers had any change, so even though we went through the trouble of obtaining a bunch of cash to pay them with we still ended up paying MORE than we would have if we had just used a card in the first place. This felt really shady to me, like I was being stiffed by their employees. Why offer a cash discount and not bring any cash for change if they aren't trying to screw customers over? Secondly, I called a few days before the move to ask if it would be possible to pay partially with cash and partially with a credit card (in case the cash we left wasn't enough), or if they had other payment options. This seems like an elementary part of any point-of-sale type system, but they said that it would not be possible. I would have preferred to pay for half the move with my credit card, and use cash for the other half (or just pay the majority in cash and pay the difference with my credit card, since these guys apparently don't carry change), but they just told me "no" with no explanation. Bottom line, I'm glad we got our stuff moved, but I would never hire these guys again

Description of Work
My girlfriend and I were moving from our apartment into a house, but would be out of town for a wedding the weekend before our lease ended, so we needed to hire movers to get all our furniture out of the apartment and into the new house. We packed everything ourselves and just needed a bunch of big, heavy stuff transported from Point A to Point B.

Category moving companies

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. Without it we would not be able to correct mistakes that we make. Overall, it seems there was miscommunication between my office, yourself and your proxy during the move. I apologize for that. It is our number one goal to alleviate the stress that comes with moving, and we obviously did not do that in your case. With that said, I would love to clear up the miscommunication. Below is my personal contact info. I will also try and reach out to you as well. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will allow us to earn your business again. Thanks, Ryan Adams, General Manager 512-358-6333 Little Guys Movers, Inc.

05/14/2015

Debbie H.

Description of Work
Moved an entire bedroom set from one town to another and then set it up for us also...

Category moving companies, piano moving

05/18/2014

Allison T.

It was super easy scheduling a move with Little Guys. They emailed me an estimate with charges for each item so I could see how to make it work in my budget (meaning I could see the cost for each item to move and add or subtract certain items). The prices were reasonable and even better than other providers in the area. They called me 30 minutes before they were on their way so I wasn't waiting around for them. All the doorways were padded so they didn't harm the furniture or house. They were careful and nothing was damaged. The guys were friendly and professional. I hope I don't move again for many years, but when I do, I will use Little Guys.

Description of Work
Moved all of my heavy furniture from our duplex to our new home.

Category piano moving

Advantage Moving

All across Texas, 7 days a week. 18 years experience serving Austin and central Texas. Additional DBAs - Advantage Austin Moving Inc,

NorthStar Moving Co

Our great reputation guarantees you great rates. (Thankfully, no one ever wins awards for overcharging.) We're thankful to be serving the Austin and San Antonio areas call today to schedule your move. Award winning. Whether we move you across Texas or across the country, our mission is to exceed your expectations with grateful customer care that moves service back into what should have always been the ultimate service industry: the moving industry. We’re the moving company Texas chooses to move happiness home. We also get your unwanted belongings to Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity so they can make someone else happy too! Visit our website to watch hundreds of our real clients' video testimonials. We want to earn our next accolade from you.

Heavenly Care Moving Services

Our team is proud to have won Angie's Super Service Awards five years in a row! We’ve spent the last 15 years helping more than 25,000 customers handle local, long-distance, and at-home packing. Whether you’re moving five miles in Austin, TX or 2,500 miles across the US, we’ll guide you through every step of the move. Our CEO is a former corporate attorney turned entrepreneur and we’re backed by investors in tech, real estate, and pro sports. We’re not your typical moving company. Visit heavenlymove.com to get your quote and book online — instantly.

Commercial & Residential Moving, Storage, Packing Services, Packing Supplies, Piano Moving, Specialty Items - Hot Tubs & Gun Safes, Loading & Unloading, Load & Unload - Rental Truck, Furniture Disassembly & Reassembly,