K & M Steam Cleaning

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2006

8910 Research Blvd b2

Austin, TX 78758

Locally owned & operated. Insured and bonded. We conduct background checks on all employees. We do not use subcontractors. We offer warranties on all our work. We love what we do. We strive to make the first time customers our repeat customers for life. Additional DBA - K & M Steam Cleaning Inc.

10/25/2020

DARREN M.

Friendly, professional, and on time!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning post tenant move-out.

Category carpet cleaners

Hello [Member Name Removed], Ken here with K&M. It was nice meeting you and taking care of the maid project. We will look forward to your pressure wash and window washing project coming up soon. Reach out anytime! Ken M>

08/24/2020

Lorie I.

Contradictory info and not complete info on billing

Description of Work
Rug cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, air duct cleaning

Hello [Member Name Removed], My name is Ken with K&M and I am taking over again as the owner here. Thank you for your trust and your business. I will look forward to working with you again and earning an A as my overall performance. Ken M>

01/22/2020

Heidi K.

It was excellent. They got the carpets really cleaned. They were effective.

Description of Work
They did carpet cleaning.

01/22/2020

Kristen G.

It was excellent. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did floor cleaning.

Category floor cleaning

05/15/2017

Kerry W.

My realtor recommended K&M and I couldn't be more pleased with the job performed. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

11/08/2016

CURTIS Y.

They were great. I have used them off and on for twenty years. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
They did regular carpet cleaning for me.

08/05/2016

Ahmed M.

I think this company has the WORST customer service EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Starting from the owner Ken himself. We had our carpets steam cleaned by them and they did not dry for 17-18 hours when the representative that came to our house specifically said 3 hours, especially the way they dry it. That would have still been ok with us even though it was extremely inconvenient but we would have survived and did. But now because of the huge amount of time it took we don't know if there is mold under the carpet or will it form sometime in the near future? In addition the airconditioning was running at 71 degrees for 18 hours which of course came out of our pocket. Again all of this is still fine. But what REALLY REALLY gets me is that I spoke with this owner Ken Douglass. He was the most derogatory and demeaning person that has ever talked to me. He has no right whatsoever being in customer service. He spoke with me like I was a 2 year old child and even then, you don't talk that way. Extremely rude with no compassion or apologies for whatever miscommunication or misrepresentation there might be. He called me a liar when all I did was tell him exactly what his representative said when he came to our house. He actually made me feel extremely scared when I was talking to him over the phone. We have used K&M for years but will no longer use them nor would I recommend anyone use them at all unless you want to throw your money away. Not only do you get a bad product but you also get bad service. I am so sad I had to go through this.

Description of Work
Steam clean our carpets

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, water damage restoration

05/20/2016

Amy H.

I've used K&M twice for carpet cleaning and once for tile/grout cleaning. The first time was based on a friend's recommendation. I used them prior to moving into a new home to clean some carpeting. The carpet was 15 years old and looked new again. I was so impressed with their work, professionalism and punctuality that I hired them again when we were selling the house to clean the carpets and the tile and grout in our kitchen. The carpet and grout wasn't 100% 'new again' but after so many years of ground in dirt and little kids; they did what they could and it looked 110% better then it did. They also set expectations with me on the grout so I knew not everything would be able to come out ahead of time. I don't have carpeting or much tile flooring anymore but I would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Steam cleaning carpets, tile grout cleaning

08/20/2014

Mary L.

I was pleased. They were on time and did a fine job. Their prices were reasonable.

Description of Work
They did carpet cleaning.

Category carpet cleaners

Hello [removed member name], My name is Ken. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our team did. We will look forward to your call in the future. If you ever need anything besides Carpet cleaning done then let us know. We would love to take care of your Tile & Upholstery cleaning needs too. Thank you, Ken M.

04/09/2014

Louis H.

It was satisfactory. They did fine. I had no complaints. They were very prompt and were in and out. They were very efficient.

Description of Work
I used the services of K & M Steam Cleaning.

Category carpet installation

Hello [removed member name],My name is Ken. Thank you for letting me know how my team did. I am glad they took care of your needs quickly and to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to call us the next time you need our services. Ken M.

04/02/2014

Ruth P.

It was very good. I would use them again. I was well pleased with their service.

Description of Work
I have used K & M Steam Cleaning. They cleaned all my rugs.

Category carpet cleaners

Hello [removed members name], My name is Ken. Thank you for your repeat business. We haven't seen you since last year so please let us know if you need any of our services. Ken M.

07/27/2011

Michelle W.

They were super timely, and I loved everything about them. Their prices were reasonable.

Description of Work
They cleaned a couple of rugs for me.

07/08/2011

Donna S.

They were able to come out that day and the two young men that showed up said their equipment could not do anything but clean the floor. Since this did not help me I decided to pass on the cleaning and pursue another avenue. The whole experience was a waste of time since I was assured they could do the job. The two young men were nice but one was wearing the current style of low hanging pants with the underwear showing. Not a very professional showing for the company.

Description of Work
I have floors I have stripped down to the concrete and removed as much of the adhesive as I could safely manage. I wanted a steam cleaning to remove the rest and I was told this could be done.

Category floor cleaning

Thank you for your detail. My name is Ken. I remember you calling in about cleaning the concrete floor. I had no idea you were unhappy with our effort. When you had called in you asked if we cleaned concrete floors. The answer is Yes.. We do clean concrete floors. So we were able to fit you in that day and we booked you for a free assessment. We went to the home to give you a free estimate based on what you asked for. When we came to the home we saw that it wasn't a cleaning you needed. You had pulled up the linoleum. After looking thru the flooring. You need someone who can scrape the glue up from the concrete. I wish this detail was given to us when you called in to set the appt. I apologize if you feel this was our fault. I thought our leg work and the detail we gave you was what you needed. We care about every job and every customer. There was no charge to you for our effort. This was done out of professionalism so our client knows we wouldn't charge her for our time. The only cost was our gas for the trip. Thank you, Ken M

07/01/2011

Matt G.

The carpet looks new. We were very impressed with the service.

Description of Work
The carpet in the house we were purchasing was treated badly for years. Looked worn, small spots up and down the stairs. Very large spots in two rooms that appeared to have been there for a long time.

06/30/2011

Jeff P.

We normally use Blackman Mooring for our carpet steam cleaning. We tried Kand M because their price was significantly better. Here's what we liked about Kand M: - They were on time - They cleaned the carpet reasonably well. - At nearly half the cost of Blackman Mooring, I think Kand M is a good value Here's why I will probably go back to Blackmon Mooring: - Kand M uses some cleaning agent/soap in their cleaning solution that left our carpet somewhat sticky and with a midly soapy smell. I've heard that the soap left behind from cleaning actually attracts dirt, and that seems to be true because the carpet seemed to get dirtier quicker after Kand M's cleaning - BM uses only high temperature steam to clean, which seems to provide better, longer-lasting results - BM seemed to remove more spots than Kand M

Description of Work
Carpet steam cleaning

06/28/2011

Susan Z.

Everything went smoothy and quickly. This is one of the few companies that will actually move furniture for you. The workers were very professional. I receive estimates from a number of companies and their was the lowest with a special they were running.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning including stairguard of whole house.

06/25/2011

CINDY B.

They told us exactly how the work would go and then did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
We have a very large area of terrazzo tile which hadn't bee professionally cleaned in over four years. They came on-time, were very professional and made the tile and grout look like new.

Category marble & granite

06/24/2011

Abraham O.

We spent about $200 for their service. The work done by them was great. I would recommend their professionalism, timeliness and price. We would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
We used the services of K & M Steam Cleaning for carpet cleaning about two weeks ago. It was for the whole house.

06/22/2011

Nick B.

They were great. The price was good. They were very friendly, on time and very professional.

Description of Work
K & M Steam Cleaning cleaned our carpets about a year ago.

06/06/2011

James F.

The results were fantastic! It is like we have a new kitchen floor ! They were very professional, explained everything they would do,and took furniture out garage. I would recommend them to all.

Description of Work
We had them clean all carpets and tile. They then resealed the grout.

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile

06/03/2011

Tom M.

T They did a good job. They cost was reasonable. They came on time and did what I asked them to do. The workers were fine, polite, and professional. I will hire them again.

Description of Work
I used K & M Steam Cleaning for carpet cleaning.

06/01/2011

Leela M.

They did not do a thorough enough job. It seemed like they were in a hurry to get it done. I thought they were not professional and that they did not take it seriously.

Description of Work
They came out and cleaned my sofa and dining table chairs cleaned.

Category upholstery cleaning

05/24/2011

Judy D.

They seemed to do an okay job, and the work was fine; I did not have anything to compare it with. I may use them in the future, but I am not sure. I really did not check a whole lot in that area; I might do some checking to see if I could do better.

Description of Work
I used K & M Steam Cleaning for air duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

05/21/2011

Cody D.

I like them. The work went well. They were prompt. The stains were difficult to remove, and they were good at communicating that with me. It looked like the stains had gone when they left and after a few days they came back. We called them and they came back within the next couple of days and did it again. I rate them high overall and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
We used K & M Steam Cleaning in November for carpet cleaning. They also did some stain removal.

05/13/2011

Ann T.

They did a really good job. I always hire them. I would recommend the others to use their steam cleaning services for carpet cleaning. They are very punctual. I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used K & M Steam Cleaning for carpet cleaning. I last used their services about a month ago. They cleaned the carpets on the stairs and the hall room.

Retiz Electric

If you need an electrical issue fixed that’s making you feel unsafe in your home, we’re on it. If you’re in the process of moving to a new home and you don’t have anyone to help you move all the big furniture, we’re on it. And not because we want something in return but because we want our clients to know that we are here for them for any reason. Not just electrical issues.

2022 Super Service Award

TruTec Electric

TruTec Electric is a locally owned and operated company specializing in residential service, repair and installation. Why choose TruTec? Four reasons to Trust TruTec; 1) Upfront pricing 2) Industry leading warranties 3) The TruCru- our professionally trained, licensed electricians will keep you informed at every step. 4) Customer Satisfaction Guarantee- You'll be 100% happy with the project or we won't charge you for the visit! Electrical safety starts with you, Trust TruTec!

2022 Super Service Award

Clean Air Pro Services

Clean Air Pro Services is a local trusted company that service the Houston area for years now.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Carpet Cleaning & Repair. Air Duct Cleaning. Tile & Stone Cleaning. Upholstery Cleaning. Dryer Vent Cleaning. Power Washing, Maid services.

Window Cleaning.