JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2008

PO Box 10897

Austin, TX 78766

J P Hobbs, Inc dba JOSHHOBBS.COM SOLAR SCREEN SERVICES. LICENSE #: EIN 75-2509634....

08/09/2017

sylvia P.

Went very well

Description of Work
Solar screens on windows

07/28/2017

Erin S.

FANTASTIC!!!! Josh and Mike were great to work with! Very punctual with their time, the bid was delivered the day they came out to measure the windows and the price was excellent!! By far the least expensive option to cool my home. Josh and Mike installed solar screens on the front and sides of my home to the windows that took the most abuse from the sun. The screens didn't take away any of the brightness of the inside of my home and outside they improved the look of my home considerably!!! My family and I have loved the daytime privacy as well. So much so that we've hired Josh and Mike to put screens on the rest of the windows in my home!!! When I compared my highest electric bills from the summer before the screens (with all the attic installations) to the summer with the screens my bill dropped from $245 to $170 for my 2500 sq. ft two story home. Considerable improvement!! Well worth every cent for the screens.

Description of Work
My house was HOT and I was desperate to do anything to get it cooler. My home faces southwest and gets direct sun all afternoon. I have trees that shade fairly well but it wasn't enough!! I had had a floating radiant barrier, solar attic vent fan, and additional insulation installed in my attic, replaced and tinted the windows and even put on a lighter colored roof to try to cool my home. With all that it was a marginal improvement!!!! So I called Josh!!

Category window tinting, window treatments, energy audit

06/24/2017

Jason H.

Josh Hobbs does nothing but quality work!!! I had the screens installed in 2012 and after almost 5 years they still looked great! The material stayed steched tight across the frames and did did not flap in the wind like some of the cheap ones. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Josh Hobbs for your screen needs!!!!!

Description of Work
Josh Hobbs made and installed custom solar screens for my whole home. The home was old with single pane windows so I chose this service to help save energy.

Category screen repair, window tinting, window treatments, energy audit

03/07/2016

Bonny B.

Josh came to our home to help us match the color of the solar screen as well as frame. He was efficient, courteous and very professional. He was very careful in the installation of the new solar screens, making sure to not cover weep hole which is very necessary. We are very pleased with the final results.

Description of Work
Created solar screens for large 3 panel back bedroom window, two panel kitchen nook window, one panel study window and transom window in master bath.

Category screen repair, window tinting

03/26/2015

Tricia P.

They were wonderful. Its a small mom and pop company and he does excellent work. They help keep the heat out. They are dark screens made of special material that helps deflect the heat. We have lots and lots of windows in this house and so if we didn't have something like that on on a 100 degree day we would probably die in here but it helps deflect the heat off the windows.

Description of Work
We had them install solar screens for the whole house.

Category screen repair, replacement windows, solar panels, energy audit

03/20/2015

Anna S.

Description of Work
Had 17 windows that need solar screens. Josh and his team were great in helping us select the best colors for trim and screen, in addition to the best level for different parts of the house depending on which direction it's facing. All around excellent to work with.

Category replacement windows, window tinting, solar panels

08/26/2014

Mary Anna P.

Wonderful service from start to finish. Did not have to be home to meet them -- all done via email or phone. Appreciated the price calculator on website. House actually looks better on outside and decrease in heat on inside is amazing. Wish I'd done it sooner. Could not be happier!

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on entire house.

07/23/2014

DALE .

Called Josh on the phone and sent an email. Josh replied promptly and provided a specific day for the estimate. I originally asked about screens on just the back, but later changed my mind. Sent Josh a note. He said no problem and would suggest 80%/90%. Josh came on the expected day and measured all the windows. He provided samples of the framing and suggested color choices. A day or so later, I received a detailed estimate and an invoice. The pricing was as expected and much lower than another quote for EXACTLY the same materials. There was date to pay in order to get the next install date. I paid promptly. I contacted Josh a few days before the install date and he said everything was on schedule. I came home to find all screens installed. Cleanup was great. I haven't looked at every screen, but the ones that I did look good. That is EXACTLY how all contractors should do business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on all 43 windows of our home.

08/19/2013

Mike M.

Josh is a perfectionist.

Description of Work
New screens

Category screen repair, window tinting

03/04/2013

Matthew S.

The solar screens have different colors but I wanted the lighter color. They have different tints to choose from. My overall experience with them was great.

Description of Work
I used JP Hobbs for tinted solar screen installation. When they came for the estimate, we talked about which window we want to be done. Then they did the measurement, and picked the color and style. We agreed with their estimate and paid them with PayPal. Then they built them.

Category window tinting, solar panels

10/22/2012

Jane W.

Josh Hobbs and his wife promptly responded to our online request for information and an estimate. At our request, they recommended colors and strength which proved to be perfect. Their price was extremely competitive, the work was completed exactly when they said it would be and we couldn't be more pleased. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing help with sun issues.

Description of Work
Made and installed solar screens on four windows in our master bedroom that faced the west sun.

07/24/2012

Victor T.

As mentioned earlier, the process went very smoothly. We had great customer service and would highly recommend Josh and Paula Hobbs and would definitely utilize them again. Vic and Susan Tomlinson

Description of Work
We discovered Josh and Paula Hobbs through Angie's List. We then went to their website and followed the directions in terms of selecting the solar screens for all 17 windows in our house. Their website was easy to follow and it calculated the amount of our purchase once the measurements of the windows were entered. Paula Hobbs followed up with us in a day or two and explained their process and let us know when the screens would be delivered. We asked about color and her suggestions were helpful. They arrived in a couple of weeks and were then installed by Josh and Paula. They were very responsive and efficient throughout the process. We were very impressed with their service and would definitely recommend them and utilize them again when ordering solar screens. Since our screens were old and some were missing from the windows, then we made the decision to replace all of them. It was a fair price and was well worth the investment! Vic and Susan Tomlinson

01/11/2012

Thao P.

Overall please with the quality of their work and how prompt they were with installing the solar screens. I was surprised though that that they took down my credit card info then turned around and used Paypal to "pay" for the work since this is something I could have done myself.

Description of Work
Install solar screen on some of my windows that had the more heat on hot summer days.

09/28/2011

anthony R.

They did an excellent job. They came out on the appropriate day. They did everything like they said they would do. There were no saggy screens or anything like that. Everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
They came out and took measurements to where my home was facing westward because during the latter part of the day I had too much heat coming in from the sun. They told me about possible incentives with using solar screens for tax purposes, that I will look at, at the end of the year. They eventually installed solar screens on my house.

04/27/2011

Richard F.

I am satisfied with their service. They did what they said they would do and their time frame was reasonable. They were on time and the job turned out fine. However, I wish the tint on the screen was a little darker, but that is probably not their fault. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used JP Hobbs to put sunscreens on my windows.

08/26/2010

peter M.

The screens they installed initially were too dark and when i contacted them with my problem they installed new screens at no charge and I was completely satisfied with the result. These guys are THE BEST!

Description of Work
Installed solar screens

Category window tinting, window treatments

06/24/2009

SONYA G.

I decided to get solar screens to help with the heat and also my energy bill. Josh & Paula sent out samples of the screening materials and also small pieces of framing in various colors. They promptly came out and measured all my windows and gave me some great ideas about what would look best on my home. They were very friendly and pleasant to work with. They emailed the total price for the work which was very reasonable and also scheduled the date for installation. When they came back out, they had all the screens up in about 30 minutes. Not only was I able to feel a definite difference in the temperature, especially on the west side of my home, but the screens give my home a wonderful sharp and finished look. I am very happy with the work performed and the appearance of my new solar window screens.

Description of Work
Installation of 14 solar screens.

04/01/2009

Melissa R.

Josh came out(customer doesn't even have to be home, which in itself is a huge convenience), took his measurements, then emailed a detailed estimate that was very easy to follow and understand. He followed up with a phone call and set the date for install. Simple, fast, and great craftmanship.

Description of Work
Josh came out and measured for custom fitted solar screens for several of my windows. I chose the Phifer Suntex 80% and the screens still provide excellent visibility from the inside looking out. I'm 100% satisfied. Just wished I had thought about making this small investment last year when I moved in! Ordering is easy and they are very quick in responding back. The quality of the screens is amazing.

10/18/2008

GREG and CYLA H.

Excellent.

Description of Work
We had screens put on three of our windows in the back of our house. They did a great job, the screens work well. They had great advice for color, they really try to take care of their customers. They were timely, did everything as promised and I would highly recommend them. The only reason I gave them B's is because they came out to my house when I wasn't prepared to have them. They apparently left a message on my machine that they were 15 minutes away, I didn't get the message, therefore was unable to call them off, and was surprised to to hear the doorbell and see them at my door. Unfortunately, they came on a day that I had been up most of the night with my 2-year old, my husband was out of town and I was NOT expecting anyone!

10/06/2008

BARBARA M.

They did everything they said they would at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Had custom solar screens made to order for the outside of our home.

JP Exteriors

JP Construction is a local company that brings over 30 years of experience to you project specializing in siding, exterior painting, windows, & roofing in Austin & Central Texas. We maintain the highest reviews across our industry & maintain the top ranking with JamesHardie - Elite Preferred. Everything we stand for can be summed up in our company motto: "Quality People, Quality Workmanship".

Offers by JP Exteriors on Angi
    Lion Windows

Lion Windows is an Austin-owned company with combined experience of half a century providing the highest level of service in the industry. We take an individualized approach to all of our customers’ projects, regardless of scale or budget. Our knowledge of windows and doors and installation expertise is unrivaled in Central Texas. Our comprehensive portfolio of window brands cover all options from mid-tier windows, to high-end windows, to ultra luxury custom windows.

Austin Jones Ent. LLC

Austin Jones Enterprises has been providing top quality interior and exterior painting services, residential and commercial in Austin, Texas, for over 20 years. No job is too big or too small, from design to installations to repairs. Austin Jones Enterprises is not your typical contractor. We are a small, local company. We believe in personal, one-on-one service where the customer is the main focus. The owner goes out on every job. You won't get lost in the numbers. You won't be harassed or pressured by pushy sales. Instead, you will simply find a contractor for life who, at the end of the day, has your best interests in mind. Our craftsmanship and customer service are unparalleled and exceed expectations every time. We beat the competition!

Our Pricing is Openly published on our website
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We do not do screen repair work, we only install new solar screens. We do not do window tinting. Solar Screens are immensely better than window tinting and you can learn more and why by visiting our website.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services

How is JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services overall rated?

JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services open?

JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services is open:

What payment options does JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services provide

JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services offer free estimates?

No, JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services does not offer free project estimates.

Does JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services offer a senior discount?

No, JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services?

No, JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services does not offer warranties.

What services does JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services offer?

JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services offers the following services: SOLAR SCREEN INSTALLATION. We custom build and install solar screens for residential and commercial properties. From our website you can learn all about us, get our installed pricing and learn about our solar window screens. Our website is very thorough and will have everything you need to learn about solar screens and us as a business.

Are there any services JP Hobbs Inc - JoshHobbs.com Solar Screen Services does not offer?