Blue Dragon Plumbing LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since May 2011

12407 N Mopac Expy # 250-332

Austin, TX 78758

When you need us, "Summon the Dragon!" Blue Dragon plumbing will be there, guarding your health with better plumbing practices. We are a family-owned, commercial & residential plumbing business, serving Austin and surrounding areas. Owner Gilbert Jimenez has over 25 years of experience providing friendly, quality service in the Austin area, and is ready to add you to his list of satisfied customers. We offer Saturday appointments, with no overtime charges except on holidays. Surveys within the Austin city limits are done at no charge to the customer. Our pricing provides discounts for senior citizens and military personnel. Se habla Español! Licensed, bonded and insured....

07/31/2020

Jennie W.

It went awesome. He worked hard and efficiently. He explained the maintenance for me once the work was completed. Gilbert is worth it. I've never felt so comfortable with someone working on my house.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category water heater repair

06/26/2019

Alex C.

Gilbert was great at communicating and very clear about his rates prior to coming out. He showed up on time with all the tools and parts needed for the repair and went over and above what was asked. He not only fixed the symptom of the problem but actually identified the root cause and proactively fixed that as well. I have dealt with a lot of service providers over the years and there are very few that I would put in the same category as blue dragon Plumbing.

Description of Work
Replacing Shut Off Valves and sink leak fix

05/04/2019

Kim P.

We had some complications with a hot water heater install. Not only did the team at Blue Dragon resolve the problem quickly and effectively, they assisted us in many other ways getting our house back to normal. They were polite, professional, and extremely responsive. We would highly recommend using Blue Dragon for all of your plumbing needs.

Description of Work
replace hot water heater

04/10/2019

Susan V.

Blue Dragon did a great job for us. Came promptly, gave us a quick and thorough quote with fair and transparent pricing, recommended another excellent provider for services they do not offer. Professional, friendly, skilled service and advice.

Description of Work
Toilet, kitchen and bath fixture repair and replacement

02/02/2018

Barry D.

First, I received a quick response with pricing and availability from a request made via their website. The price was in line with what I expected, so I scheduled an appointment. Andrew, the plumber who came out to take care of the appointment, was fantastic. He made short work of it all. I would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Replacement installation of replacement garbage disposal and two faucets.

01/24/2018

Sam K.

Smart, efficient and candid. Highly experienced professional offering candid recommendations at a fair price. If you're doing any plumbing work on your home, it's worth a call to Gilbert. He's busy because he's good. We're still waiting on another bid before deciding who to go with but the bid experience with Gilbert was so impressive i figured I'd post this asap. Will update if/when work performed.

Description of Work
Replace 40 gallon water heater in garage.

12/28/2017

Craig S.

Both Gilbert (the owner, who came out for the toilet repair job), and Andrew (who did the faucet replacement) were prompt, friendly, and knowledgable, and made quick work of the jobs. Also, Gilbert responded almost immediately to emails when I was scheduling the jobs (which he gets huge points for, because I hate it when providers are hard to get ahold of). They did a great job at reasonable prices (about $150 each time) and I will definitely will call on them again the next time I need a plumber.

Description of Work
I hired Blue Dragon for plumbing service on two different occasions: 1) Fixing a toilet which had a really slow tank refill 2) Installing a new bathroom faucet, supply lines/valves and drain.

10/27/2017

_ _.

Quick response, expert knowledge, great work. Cheers!

Description of Work
Leaky toilet and rattling pipe near another toilet

08/10/2017

Brynn R.

Amazing! We love Blue Dragon Plumbing!!! Gilbert is steadily booked if your plumbing issue is not urgent I strongly recommend waiting for Gilbert to use his expertise. However, if it is a more immediate concern he is a phenomenal resource to other plumbing professionals in the area who can help you. Just can't say enough good things about Blue Dragon Plumbing. The best in Austin! So helpful and gilbert even re-caulked and tightened other fixtures while he was waiting for the toilet to fill. You get amazing service and value when you hire Blue Dragon.

Description of Work
Toilet replaced, kitchen faucet installed

03/10/2017

Duane C.

Gilbert did a fine job including cleanup when he was done. His attitude is friendly and positive, and I was able to get the work done quickly and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen faucet, replaced angle stops, and removed old filter system

11/14/2016

Melissa P.

We hired Gilbert to inspect and then later replace a defective toilet in our house. Gilbert responded to our request for services immediately and when he wasn't able to get to our appointment that week he recommended two other plumbers that served our area and that he trusted to do a good job. We were so impressed with Gilbert that we opted to turn off the water to that toilet and wait until he could fit us in, which he very quickly did. Once here, Gilbert was EXTREMELY professional, courteous and efficient. He took extra care when placing items on our wood floors and also kept the work space clean and made sure he left the area spotless when he was done. It turned out that we needed to order a new toilet so the timing on that required Gilbert to come back out the second time on a Sunday morning, which he did and at no extra cost and made quick work of the problem. You read that right...made a trip out on a Sunday at NO EXTRA COST! We can honestly say that everything about our experience with Gilbert went well beyond expectations, which unfortunately is a rare thing these days. Gilbert personally answered the phone when we called, called just as he said he would prior to arriving for our appointments, was super knowledgable in his work and followed-up on the service. All of that said, maybe the best thing about Gilbert is how friendly and personable he is. We will ALWAYS use Gilbert for any plumbing needs from now on and just can't say enough good things about this company. If we could give more than 5 stars, we would because he knocked it out of the park in every regard. THANK YOU, GILBERT!!

Description of Work
Repair and later Replace Toilet

10/28/2016

Mary H.

like the service, I felt safe and I didn’t feel like he was trying to rip me off. I felt like he was very helpful to get my dryer vent back onto the wall even though it had nothing to do with the plumbing. It was an urgent matter and he came out quickly. It was affordable priced, he did good work and he was honest.

Description of Work
He came and I had clogged up water line. He also installed a faucet for me.

03/11/2016

Misty R.

First off, I'm very particular about professionals I hire to do work on my home. I research everything possible before I make a decision. I'm so glad we choose Gilbert. BTW, he's a Master Plumber. He is our plumber from this day forward. Gilbert is professional, efficient, clean, reasonably priced as well as a keen attention to detail. I received two quotes before I choose Gilbert. Gilbert also gave us a 10% military discount. I corresponded with him via email. I knew exactly what he was going to do and the exact cost before he arrived to do the work. He was very responsive through email and phone. He gave me a courtesy call before he left the morning of the install, so I knew when to expect him. Upon arrival he laid plastic on the floor leading to the attic. He brought a helper, Blake. Blake was very professional and kept us informed of what was being done (water turning off/on etc..). After the install, Gilbert went through what they did, and gave me a brief on the heaters. The heaters are working great! We also had some other items that needed to be taken care of and Gilbert told me what I needed to do to correct those issues and gave me the option to purchase the materials myself or he could supply them. Since Lowes/Home Depot will give us a 10% military discount, we are choosing to go this route. Once I gather the items, he'll schedule the time to come back and correct these items. Gilbert doesn't waste time either. He's full of energy (loves what he does and his business) and wants to get the job done right in the least amount of time. We will recommend him to family, friends, etc...He also has a wonderful personality, very refreshing.

Description of Work
Installed two 50 gallon water heaters and expansion tank in attic

02/23/2016

Erik E.

Gilbert is a total pro. He worked quickly but with attention to detail. I had the hardest time finding someone who would take a job this small and not try to jack up the price. I'm glad I kept searching because Gilbert is now my go to plumber.

Description of Work
Removed old drop-in sink and faucet and replaced with new. Attached existing garbage disposal.

07/30/2015

Darlene M.

Gilbert is excellent. He answers the phone the first time when you ring it and he will get back to you. Every time he worked for me he would stop and take the message.

Description of Work
I have used blue dragon plumbing. They installed a disposal and new faucet in the house that my son lives in.

11/06/2013

Craig M.

We have used Gilbert on two different occasions. He explains any problems, what he intends to do, and why he's doing it. He is responsive and actually talked us out of some work we thought needed doing (he was right). He is our go-to plumbing consultant, and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
- Replace two water heaters - Replace kitchen sink and faucet - Replace bathroom faucet - Replace disposer - Fix installation issues for new dishwasher, installed by appliance store

09/22/2013

Daniel L.

The next time you need a reliable, knowledgeable, hardworking plumber, do yourself a favor and call Blue Dragon Plumbing. The high reviews on Yelp are valid and well-deserved. Gilbert replaced a water heater for me in May 2013. I chose Blue Dragon based on the positive feedback on Yelp and Gilbert exceeded my expectations. Initially, I communicated with him via telephone and email. He patiently responded to multiple emails after-hours and addressed all my concerns. I sent him a few photos of the old water heater from my iPhone and he gave me a quote. As a busy professional, I appreciated the ability to arrange everything without the need to take time away from the office. On the day of installation, everything went smoothly. Gilbert arrived early. He worked with purpose throughout the job. I had several questions as a new homeowner and Gilbert helped to educate me on the basic plumbing features of my home and showed me how to operate and drain the heater. In addition, he explored my attic and climbed onto the roof to diagnose and fix a leak he noticed around the water heater exhaust pipe, from the original construction of the home. We requested the permit inspection a few days later. The inspector actually goofed, went to the wrong address, and planned to reschedule for another day. Luckily, Gilbert managed to persuade him to accommodate me on the same day, which helped me avoid another morning away from the office. The inspector found no issues. Fast forward to Monday, September 16, I experienced a plumbing emergency that had nothing to do with the water heater Gilbert installed. I noticed raw sewage overflowing from the cleanout pipe, in the right-of-way, outside my fence line. Let me repeat, raw sewage. I was stressed out. I sent Gilbert a photo and asked for his help. He called me and advised I immediately phone the City to report the problem. The City responded quickly with a crew of four workers and heavy equipment. They found a blockage in the sewer line and addressed the problem. Again, this issue was totally unrelated to the water heater installation, yet he was more than willing to help me. Great, but the next night, my garage smelled like a sewer. I traced the stench to the washing machine drain and sent Gilbert a panicked email at 8:13p. He replied the same night at 11:12p with detailed instructions. Are you kidding me? I didn’t expect to hear from him until the next day. He gave me the information necessary to diagnose and fix the problem. Gilbert is awesome. I can’t say enough about his responsiveness and customer service. It’s such a relief to find a skilled tradesman who takes pride in his craft and is reliable, capable, accessible, and goes the extra-mile. I recommend him to my family and friends without hesitation. The next time you need a plumber, look no further.

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater

08/09/2013

Linda W.

I called Gilbert between 9-9:30pm about a broken pipe in my front yard. After a short discussion with my husband about the situation and pipe details, Gilbert made it to our house by 10pm. He fixed the problem and we were able to turn our water back on and take our showers that same evening.

Description of Work
Gilbert repaired a broken pipe in front yard.

07/10/2013

Phil N.

I called around several companies. Blue Dragon (Gilbert) was the only one that answered personally and within the 2nd ring!

Description of Work
I called as an emergency on a water heater leak. He answered the phone promptly and asked questions in an attentive and cautious manner. He explained how to help the issue while the technician showed up.

07/08/2013

Vinh D.

We were panicked to say the least, but Gil helped us out even though it was late. He was incredibly courteous and helpful and he didn't charge extra for the emergency. The replacement fixture works perfectly.

Description of Work
Gil came to our condo at 11PM on a Friday to fix a broken tub faucet that was on the verge of overflowing our bathroom. He was able to stop the faucet, and then came back the next day to replace the fixture.

07/08/2013

Vinh D.

I called around 9AM, talked to Gil, and he was able to get Johnny to come out at 4:30PM. The problems he fixed were relatively simple, but he offered lots of helpful tips on how to fix them in the future. He was extremely friendly and courteous, and he gave us a 10 percent discount for being a teacher.

Description of Work
Johnny fixed a stuck garbage disposal and unclogged the bathroom drain.

01/17/2013

Jody M.

Gilbert was great! Very efficient and fixed all of our issues. We had a several little jobs that needed to be done and he was quick and did a great job! We were very happy to find a quality plumber. We will definately use Gilbert again!

Description of Work
Installed a new laundry room faucet, fixed a rocky toilet that needed shimming and caulking, fixed slow bathroom sink drain, fixed leaky outside faucet, and put on new shower head in master bath.

03/13/2012

Fred M.

Nothing but the highest praise for Gilbert. Not only is he a very experienced and highly competent master plumber, his customer service skills are truly exceptional. This is a man who shows up on time when you call. He is proactive in trying to get a hold of you if you are running late or the traffic is bad. Outstanding troubleshooting skills. Willing to try new things, such as the installation of a solar water heater system. My highest possible recommendation.

Description of Work
New construction of a five star certified greenbuilt home and a four star eligible auxiliary structure. All plumbing from zero, including all fixtures.

11/18/2011

Deanna G.

It went very well. Gilbert texted me when he'd be on his way and was there within 15 minutes as stated. He was professional and courteous throughout. He immediately went to work and had the items fixed within 15 minutes overall. It was a very quick but satisfying visit. We got what we needed and made plans about future work, which we will most definitely have him do.

Description of Work
Our toilet was leaking when we flushed. Gilbert immediately diagnosed the problem and fixed it within 10 minutes. It was simple and he didn't charge us an exorbitant fee. He also snaked the drain in our children's restroom because he noticed it wasn't going down as quickly as it could. He went above and beyond as I've known him to do in the past.

11/07/2011

dar B.

This is the second time we have had Gilbert do work at our house. He is prompt, courteous and professional. He rates are reasonable and his quotes match the final price. He also explains things to you and makes you feel that he cares about you and your plumbing/house.

Description of Work
We were in the middle of a kitchen remodel and found our upstairs plumbing would protrude too far out to build a new wall. Gilbert came out and explained what he could do to solve the problem and also pointed out an area of corrosion on a nearby pipe that could possibly pose a problem later, he said it was up to us, that it didn't have to be done, but he explained it all in an easy to understand manner. He replaced the protruding 6 inch PVC pipe so the wall could be placed and repaired the corroding copper hot and cold water pipes.