Austin's Wildlife Removal Svcs

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2007

2541 S Interstate 35 200-304

Austin, TX 78664

Gary loves the mystery of figuring out what critter people have in their homes. He calls himself a problem solver and is very happy doing so. He is very service-oriented and is always ready to solve any problem you may have. He offers full repair services in addition to his guaranteed approaches for removing animals from your home. AWRS Resolves the Human and Animal Conflict....

06/07/2018

Richard J.

Gary came out to take a look and let us know that it was likely armadillos and since I live next to a golf course, it was pretty pointless to trap them. He also noted the holes were old and did not pose a problem. He charged nothing for his efforts, all the while giving me a valuable education. I will certainly call Gary again should I need anything related to animal removal.

Description of Work
Two deep holes dug by an animal near our foundation. Wanted the animals trapped and removed.

09/19/2017

David R.

Gary responded quickly and was very knowledgeable about how to catch the raccoon and came back several times to re bait the traps. After the raccoon was caught he came quickly to remove it. His price was much less than several other quotes that we received. I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Put out traps to catch and remove raccoon from back yard

09/13/2017

Barbara & Glenn N.

He returned daily to check traps and sealed the attic access points after being sure the rodents were gone. He did a thorough job.

Description of Work
Removal of rodents from attic and sealing of access points.

08/22/2017

Paul G.

very well good quality work. done promptly and on time

Description of Work
pest removal

06/22/2017

Georgia J.

Did a great job. Would recommend to anyone who has critters in their attic.

Description of Work
Worked on roof to plug up entry points for squirrels into attic.

04/19/2017

Rocco R.

Excellent! Gary gave me much more information about rats than anyone else. He did a thorough check and determined that the rats were probably entering through our plumbing system. He didn't charge anything despite having spent quite a bit of time here. He didn't try to sell me anything, he gave me advice on how I could handle the problem which is exactly what i wanted. He is very knowledgeable, informative and professional. I highly recommend Austin's Wildlife Removal Service.

Description of Work
We have a problem with Rodents in our attic. We called Austin's Wildlife Removal after having 3 different pest control services try to find the entry points without success.

12/12/2015

Jennifer J.

Excellent! Austins Wildlife Services was a complete pleasure to work with. We had a live raccoon trapped in a structure on our property, with no good way of getting rid of it quickly. We called AWS, and got a price and time quote on the phone. When the gentleman was on his way from the previous job, he called and confirmed his arrival time, which was right at what he had previously estimated. He left with the now-caged raccoon in under 30 minutes. His expertise on urban wildlife was remarkable. He also, when asked, told us where we could make improvements to discourage future visitors. Very competent and very professional. A complete pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Captured and removed a raccoon.

05/15/2015

Pete C.

Fine people. They do exaclty what they say they do, remove wildlife.

Description of Work
Spoke with them over the phone in regards to a possible rodent issue in my attic.

01/06/2014

James B.

It went very well. Provider certainly knew what he was doing. Will use him again if I have another problem.

Description of Work
attempt to remove raccoon in attic. beast left on her own. sealed hole.

12/10/2013

Edwin P.

Based on glowing Yelp and Angie's List reviews, I called Gary to schedule a time for him to come out and check out the situation. His next available appointment to even come out was not until the second week of January, which is over a month away. This is not helpful. Provider should consider adding additional employees or to recommend alternatives.

Description of Work
Nothing.

11/25/2013

mike B.

Only a one person company-couldn't schedule work to come out overloaded and going on vacation in 11 days.

Description of Work
nothing-is going on vacation in 11 days and couldn't fit us in.

08/29/2013

Samuel G.

Michael did the difficult jobs perfectly and solved all problems on all jobs to my high expectations. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Several leading pest control companies looked at this problem and gave me misleading information about nature of problem (they were not equipped or experienced to handle job. Found Austin Wildlife Removal online. Michael, owner, came next day, inspected problem, quoted2010 in Balcones area home with undeveloped rear lot across from nature preserve (where rats came from to eat fallen bird food below deck. Removed serious rat infestation under 48" high, difficult access, 800+ pier and beam cantilevered section of slab foundation house. Eliminated infestation. Vacuumed entire area and removed contaminated soil, dust, and debris. Sprayed with pleasantly but light smelling (no odor in house) bacteria killing liquid. Sealed for exclusion. Photographed minimal varmint damage to wiring and framing. Michael extremely friendly and polite, experienced, conscientious, professional, hard worker. Solved the problem. He has since done raccoon removal, and clean up, in interstitial area between two floors at Mueller area office, done work at daughter's Hyde Park home, will be doing very extensive pest exclusion there. First job price worth the money, and other quotes on work he has done are excellent.

01/22/2013

Allean J.

I just spoke with Gary on the telephone regarding my issue of racoons and opossum in my back yard. He discussed his methods for removal, pricing, etc. What sticks with me is his openness to discuss the fact that this will be an ongoing issue and he could come and remove them and charge me but the likelihood of others returning is great. He was more then willing to come and do the job but did not want to charge me money to only have the issue return. In the future, if I have issues where I need to have them removed to prevent damage or repair damage (hopefully not) I will not hesitate to contact Gary. To find a businessman with such honesty and integrity is extremely rare!!!! Gary, thank you for your time, professionalism and integrity!

Description of Work
Honesty and Integrity

12/30/2012

Thomas C.

I initially had problems setting up an appointment with Gary (the owner) because, as he subsequently determined, my web-form entries were getting sent to his Spam folder. Once we cleared that up, Gary was very responsive, prompt, and professional in his demeanor. I explained to him that I had a lot of scratching noises coming from my attic that was waking us up in the middle of the night, and that it increased with colder weather. After seeing the damage and droppings in the attic, he determined that the critter was a rat. He initially struggled to find some of the entry points and was concerned that they were getting in through the foundation (we had foundation issues). However, he persisted in looking for entry points inside the attic, outside on the roof, and down around the foundation. He set several large traps in the attic, and that night I heard a and quot;snapand quot;. He came out the next day, confirmed the capture and took the rodent away. He also looked for more entry points and found a couple more. He came out a couple of days later and found another rodent had been caught. He was concerned that the second one was caught (since it implied that he missed some entry points on the first effort), but his second efforts had done the job. He came back a week later and found nothing. One month later, we've heard, seen, and smelled nothing, so he definitely did the job. I would definitely recommend Gary, as it was evident that he was serious about his business and helping us get rid of our rodent issue. He was very professional and courteous. I thought the service was a bit pricey, but overall worth it since he was so persistent to get the job done and so wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
Gary went up into our attic, on top of our roof, and around our house to inspect for the presence of an animal. He determined that the animal was a rat based on my description of the problem, what he found during inspection, and his experience. He subsequently set several rat traps in the attic and closed off several entry points in the roof and around the foundation. He came back several times to remove caught rats and ensure that he successfully closed off all entry points.

10/08/2012

Dorothy B.

Gary returned each day to see if anything had been caught in the trap. The first day he removed a young male ringtail and set up a larger trap because we continued to hear noises. The larger trap did not catch an animal but since it showed evidence of an animal (hairs), Gary suspected that one had entered the trap and found a way to escape. He replaced the larger trap with the same type in which he'd caught the first ringtail and returned two more days to check the trap, which remained empty. We no longer heard the noises above our bedroom so he removed the trap, used sheet metal to close up the entry point and also screened off a stack that he suspected could be used for entry. We were delighted with his service and will definitely call him again if we hear and quot;sounds in the atticand quot;!

Description of Work
We called Gary after finding his service listed on Angie's List because we hear animals in the ceiling of our bedroom. Gary set up tape at a possible entry point and came back to see if it was disturbed. In the meantime, my husband and I were able to photograph a creature on our roof and identify it as a ringtail cat. Gary confirmed that observation from the hair he found on the tape. He set up a trap at the suspected entry point.

07/28/2012

Susan R.

Without raising his fee he sealed up spots where the skunks were getting into. He was very prompt and straightforward. He answered all of my questions and is very professional.

Description of Work
We had skunks under our house. He trapped and removed the skunks.

07/28/2012

Bradley S.

I had squirrels in my attic and needed a professional to help get them out. Austin's Wildlife Removal Service trapped a total of 8 squirrels and blocked all entries into the attic that the squirrels had made. The service was great and I would used them again.

Description of Work
Total removal of all squirrels and closed off points of entry into my attic

07/11/2012

Tom R.

A family of armadillos made a home underneath my AC condenser's pad. Gary came over and setup several traps to catch them. He seemed very knowledgeable and was quite willing to educate me on what to expect with the little critters. It took several days to catch all of them and he checked the traps daily. In the end, he got them all and I've not had a problem since.

Description of Work
Remove a family of armadillos from my property.

Category pest control

03/29/2012

Ryan K.

It was a fairly easy process. I called Gary on a Tuesday, and by Wednesday he was at our home for the initial inspection. Very quickly he realized we had adult raccoons accessing our attic. He set a first trap on the opening to our attic and caught the first male raccoon within 24 hours. He came back the next day to remove the animal and removed the trap. By the following day, the trap had snagged a second raccoon trying to enter the attic. The raccoon was so heavy, it pulled the trap off the side of the chimney and they both fell into the yard. Gary returned to inspect the hole one more time and sealed off the attic. This all took place within a one week period.

Description of Work
We had scratching and scurrying noises coming from our attic. We also noticed a chewed hole in the siding of our chimney, which leads to the attic. We called Austin Wildlife Removal Services to inspect the site and determine which animals were accessing our attic. Then we worked with them to remove/exterminate the animals and seal the space.

03/18/2012

Richard R.

Details are included in the previous paragraph.

Description of Work
Gary was responsive to our call. We heard squirrels in our attic and had seen them on the roof. Gary surveyed the roof and looked in the attic. He found one primary entrance to the attic (set a trap there) and other possibilities at unprotected roof vents. During several visits over the next 10 days, he checked the trap, installed mechanical enclosures at each unprotected roof vent, rechecked the attic, put a trap in the attic, etc. When Gary told us he would be here, he was. We never had a "no show." The critter was never captured but we have noted no noises in the attic.

03/17/2012

TAYLOR O.

He was as nice and helpful as can be! Prompt Polite Willing to help Iinformative. Thank you Sir!

Description of Work
Gary was kind enough to come over and evaluate our problems with burrowing animals and advise us of how to repel them.

02/03/2012

Guy H.

They were good. They did a great job. I don't recall how much they charged me but they were better than anyone else. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used the services of Austin's Wildlife Removal Services.

02/02/2012

Mark S.

Gary was easy to talk to, he provided lots of helpful information, and was great to work with. He even held to his price quote despite catching so many other animals we didn't suspect.

Description of Work
I called Gary and told him that our yard was being torn up and asked what he charged for trappings. He asked questions about the diggings to ascertain the type of animal we might have. He told me what signs to look for in the yard, other than the diggings, and had me try an experiment to see if the critter was currently active. I got proof of activity and he came out to set up non-baited traps. We caught 4 skunks and a raccoon. Although the skunks weren't the suspected critter digging up our yard, after catching so many skunks and finding two dens on our property, Gary was pretty certain the diggings were from them. He had us monitor the yard for new diggings. We never saw new ones. He also gave us his recommended protocol for barricading the sites where we found dens to deter future animals from making homes there.

Category animal removal

Thank you family for your business and the report., Please feel free to call upon me anytime. Thank you Gary

01/12/2012

Kimberly H.

Returned my inquiry call promptly. Listened to my issue patiently. Explained his service and how it would or would not be a fit for me (was honest about the level of professionalism he maintained and gave me a choice to use him or go with another provider). Arrived on time, investigated, prepared a plan of action and alternatives, called me to report this and together we made a plan. He gave a firm price for all scenarios (squirrels in attic, so different scenarios). Communicated with me very well throughout the process, worked very well with my tenant and solved the problem as promised. I would work with this company again without hesitation. In fact, I would not bother calling anyone else. He is my animal removal / pest control expert. Kim Koogle 512-658-4100

09/26/2011

Amy J.

Gary is very professional and a really nice guy! I am very pleased with his work ethic and the results he achieved for me. His pricing is most reasonable, too. I would definitely use his services again and highly recommend AWRS to anyone who needs to rid their home of unwanted critters!

Description of Work
I had been hearing scratching and scurrying noises in the walls of my house. There was also evidence of rats on my back deck. After reading about AWRS here I contacted Gary. He was very prompt in his reply - came out and inspected my house and roof giving me a overview of what he could do and an estimate of the cost. Gary closed up all entry ways to my attic (there were so many!) and set traps in the attic. Over the next week and half, Gary came by periodically to check/replace traps and finish closing up entry points. No more noises! Mr. Big (el Jefe Raton) and friends have been successfully removed!

Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

Real Green Pest Control and Lawn Care

Real Green Pest Control and Lawn Care has been providing a green approach since 1989; well before when "Green" was cool. With over 30 trucks in our fleet, we are large enough to get it done in a timely manner, but small enough to give you the personal service you deserve and want. Family owned by Jerry Naiser, an ISA Certified Arborist, Texas Forestry Certified Oak Wilt Specialist and Texas Certified Master Gardener.

Bulwark Exterminating-Austin

Bulwark is a Family Owned Pest Control Company We take pride in providing the pest control coverage for your family. We listen to the customer because we know that a service company is nothing without their customers. We try and exceed the expectations of all of our customers in order to make our products better. 97% of Our Customers Would Recommend Us To Their Friends. Bulwark means a defensive barrier, and that is exactly what we provide for your home, a line of protection. This barrier keeps all of the pests out and kills any pest infestation your home may be experiencing. If you find pests alive and well after we come and treat we will come back for free. That's right, if you are still seeing pests, we messed up, and we will come back and retreat your home within 48 hours.

Offers by Bulwark Exterminating-Austin on Angi