Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Founded 1987 • With Angi since October 2014

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through

A Service Provider's profile image

4.3

irrigation system (320)drain pipe installation (16)lighting (7)landscape lighting (6)well & water pump repair (1)lawn & landscaping (16)plumbers (8)lawn care (5)drain cleaning (2)lawn treatment (2)mulch delivering (1)

08/10/2022

Mike R.

These guys are great. Honest, timely and priced fairly. Looked at entire system and made repair.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

10/05/2021

Carlos G.

Our Landscaping was dying although we had a new Irrigation System with the new house. As it turned out, it was not adjusted right. Troy and Alex did a great job adjusting all the Stations/outlets toward the needs of the plants and replacing outlets not working. Besides doing a wonderful job, they had a very polite and nice personality.

Description of Work
Adjust new Irrigation System (new Lennar home)

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

06/15/2021

Mark F.

The necessary work was done. They charge quite a bit and they did a poor job of restoring the areas around heads and valves to good condition. I will hire someone else next time.

Description of Work
Sprinkler 'tune up' and replacement of a few heads

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

05/29/2021

Richard B.

The work they did was good but they wanted to charge me $50 for a service fee to come back to my house in order for their ticketing system to have a ticket for the tech to attached a quote to. This quote was done on a service call that I'd already paid $50 for but he forgot to upload the quote and closed the ticket. So basically due to their tech's mistake and their computer system not being designed well they refused to take a $600 job because I wouldn't pay another $50 for someone to create a ticket in the system. Seems pretty crazy to me.

Description of Work
a quote on a service call

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/29/2021

03/20/2021

Timothy W.

Great! Give Kyle a raise. He was punctual and did great work: he found some issues I hadn't known about and fixed them. He was friendly and super good at what he does. I would recommend this company to anybody! Very reasonable, too!

Description of Work
Complete check-up on sprinkler system since the freeze

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

08/15/2020

bob G.

Never called to schedule. Never showed up.

Description of Work
Problems with existing sprinkler installation

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

08/15/2020

Bob C.

I asked three different companies to bid on this project. Two of the three came in at around $5500. One of those (the lowest) didn't even come to measure the yard - said he could just use Google Earth. Andy's bid was over $18,000, three times the other two bids. Needless to say I did not chose to do business with him. I went with Sean Radabaugh at Southern Landscaping Solutions. They will finish up on Monday. I have been very impressed with their crew and the work they put in Thursday and Friday in this 100-plus degree weather.

Description of Work
Front and back yard lawn sprinkler installation

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

06/04/2020

JoAnn K.

Great! They were friendly and knowledgeable. Stayed within my budget and did a full assessment of the system. He even reset my sprinkler timer system for me!

Description of Work
Sprinkler line repair

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

08/17/2019

Howard H.

Great. Initially they would not be able to come out for another week but had a cancelation and were here the next day. Showed up on time, were very professional and made the repairs within 2 hours and reprogrammed the controller. A little pricey, service charge plus repairs which seems unusual, but it has been difficult to get other companies to come out. I will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Repairs to sprinkler heads and a broken PVC pipe

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

08/15/2019

Jade N.

I was never contacted by this contractor, despite sending a message on Angie's list and claiming a deal. Ended up with a different contractor.

Description of Work
10 zone tune-up/check-up

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

10/21/2018

Louis D.

Great...the guys were very professional and they took good care of us.

Description of Work
(1) general sprinkler tune up; (2) Major leak repair caused by pool contractor

Work Completed On 10/21/2018

08/21/2018

Jessica C.

I needed an emergency repair on my wire that connects my control unit to the sprinklers. I called asking for them to send someone out for that repair. I was told they can come same day and it would cost me $95 for diagnosis and sprinkler “tune-up”, repair was in addition once approved. I told them that I am on Angie’s List and if they require a tune-up for an emergency repair, then I want to use the $75 Angie’s List coupon. The said that if they do the $75 tune up, they will not do any repairs during the visit. I will be honest, this seems to be a scam. I have had multiple companies come out and perform seasonal inspections that can include repairs at an additional cost. The issue here is that they will not come for just the repair and they will not honor the coupon if they are also doing an estimate for a known issue. That was very clear on the call when I asked them to just come out for the repair, it was still $95 with tune up. They should not be allowed to have Angie’s List coupons if they will not honor them. Buyer Beware.

Description of Work
Will not honor tune up coupon with repair

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

08/06/2018

William N.

Chris was great, very experienced & knowledgeable. I just thought it to be a little expensive (~$490) for what I got, which was a marginal improvement in coverage. Like most contractors today everything is priced "per procedure". Backing out the Diagnostic / Trip Charge of $75 and estimated $150 in materials = ~$265 / hr. for Chris + 2 tech's. Other quotes - $650 to replace an existing pressure reducing valve and $1500-$2000 for a drip system have since been quoted by 2 other irrigation contractors at $395 and $700 - $950, respectively. I realize that quality & reliability are equally important as cost and I'm confident that Chris / Andy's would have done a good job on both. I just have to question if they are worth the extra 50% - 100% cost.

Description of Work
Inspect / test my sprinkler system and adjust and/or replace some sprinkler heads.

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

06/04/2018

Debbie & James B.

Ok. Work was performed as described. Thought price was too high. UPDATED: Sprinkler system broke again within weeks. Andy’s was not responsive giving me a five day wait before they could be back out. Since this appears to be their problem I had no choice but to accept this appointment.

Description of Work
Repaired 2 valves

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/10/2018

Laurie O.

Called to arrange an appt for review and estimate. Spoke with someone in the office named "Brianna." I told her what I needed, and she then took an extraordinarily long time just to capture my name, address and phone number (to be honest, I began wondering if she wasn't busy doing something else at the same time). After all that, she told me that I "should" get a call back from a manager, "hopefully" before 5pm tomorrow, to "explain everything," and then they could start setting an appointment. I told her that I understand how estimates work, and that I did not want to wait for an explanation--that I would like to get on the schedule now--and she then put me on hold to go talk to a manager about whether we could do that. I gave that 3 full minutes on hold, and then hung up. This is not how you attract and contract customers. In contrast, I next called Illumination Concepts, who picked up the phone right away, captured my contact info quickly and efficiently, and set an appointment for tomorrow. Maybe Andy's is great with lighting and drainage, but their front-of-house needs work.

Description of Work
Repair/maintenance of existing outdoor lighting, plus installation of additional lighting

Category lighting

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

03/24/2018

Cathleen Ryckman H.

Great service, on time and always willing to go the extra mile!

Description of Work
Replace sprinkler heads, add new sprinkler heads.

Work Completed On 03/24/2018

02/11/2018

Melissa M.

The work was done professionally and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system repair -- we had a couple of breaks in the line, a damaged sensor and several non-functioning sprinkler heads.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

11/29/2017

Steven P.

Excellent, great service! Fast and friendly.

Description of Work
System checked out.

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

11/07/2017

susan R.

They were awesome. I mean awesome. Did the job right and were very professional. Awesome service!

Description of Work
They had all kinds of sprinkler repair that other sprinkler service did poorly.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

11/01/2017

Brad C.

Andy's did a great job and the system has been working very well.

Description of Work
Repair to sprinkler system

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

10/22/2017

Wayne D.

Showed up to the house ready to assess sprinkler system. Knew I had a leak on one station and they determined it was a broken pipe. They also made recommendations for head replacements on others. They provided me a written estimate and proceeded directly to making the repairs (some may have just rescheduled that work to another day and inconvenienced me to find more time to be here). The work was done in about two hours. Their technician pointed out their was a local city rebate for sprinkler tune ups and repairs and that tip got me a $150 rebate from the city. Woo-hoo! They made only one small error on the bill (and charged me for what I already paid thru Angie's list). Their HQ office was quick to determine their error and mailed me a check the very next day. They were polite and responsive to the mistake.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system tune up and leak repair.

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

10/16/2017

Steve D.

B+ would be how I would rate the experience

Description of Work
Rock work was installed

Category landscaping, irrigation systems