Aegis Fine Rug Cleaning

Founded 1983 • With Angi since September 2007

3267 Bee Cave Rd

Austin, TX 78746

3 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees.No fuel surcharges. Do not contact through email. Additional DBA - Aegis Fine Rug Service. We accept payment in full at time of rug pick up by all major credit cards, including American Express and checks. We offer hypoallergenic rug foundation to protect your wood or stone floors, and rug repairs. We offer free pick up and delivery. If you have a question about your rugs or how to care for them please call. We are local and not a franchise. Only people and pet safe cleansing agents are used in the washing process....

07/17/2015

Chris R.

It went great, but the thing that made it even greater, was the fact that whenever I had questions about how to care for my rugs, Tim welcomed my calls and gave me great information. We have a lot of pets, so rug care is challenging! The thing about Tim is that service continues to his clients even after his part of the job is finished. He is very knowledgeable about carpets and rugs. The cleaners I purchased from him work better than the stuff I've wasted money on from Home Depot and Pet Stores. And he's given me tips on which cocktail of natural cleaners works on which carpets, depending on stain and fiber. I highly recommend him. When my cat baptized a different rug, I called Tim, and he helped me figure out what to do at no charge. This is an excellent, most excellent service provider. It's not like just getting your rugs cleaned, it's like getting a partner in your rug care. No kidding!

Description of Work
It has been a couple of years since Tim cleaned two of my fine, oriental rugs. He did a great job for me then. I consider him the guru of rugs. One of the rugs he had to trim, since we attempted to clean it ourselves and we almost ruined the piece --Tim fixed our mistake. I do not remember what we paid him then, but it was worth every penny.

01/13/2015

Joseph P.

If you want someone taking care of your fine rugs who appreciates them as much as you do, you will be thrilled with Tim Petzold and Aegis Fine Rugs. Tim cleaned several rugs for us and repaired one. His expertise is impressive and he handles everything, including bringing movers to deal with furniture, etc. Communications with him are excellent, with frequent cards from him as progress on your work is made. Top notch professionalism in every way.

Description of Work
Fine rug cleaning and repair.

07/03/2014

Louis D.

Very informative, friendly, and honest.

Description of Work
came to the home to view the rug to be cleaned, advised the cost, time to complete, took the rug and it was cleaned and returned as promised. Also provided information on future care of that rug and one other.

07/03/2014

Beth T.

They were fantastic. Everything was done on time. They even brought organic dog treats for our golden retriever. I find they have very personalized service and I like that very much.

Description of Work
They cleaned my large antique area rugs.

Category carpet cleaners,oriental rug cleaning

06/17/2014

Kathryn C.

They were excellent. I was very happy with them. He's a very nice guy. He's very knowledgeable about his profession.

Description of Work
They picked up a rug that I have purchased. They brought it to their cleaning facility. They brought it back and put it back down for me. It's a large rug of 8 1/2 by 12.

Category carpet cleaners

05/05/2014

Jamie P.

Tim's incredibly knowledgeable about rugs. They hand wash all of their rugs and provide great care.

Description of Work
This is our rug cleaner. We also purchased a rug pad from them. We had them clean 1 very large area rug.

11/07/2013

Catherine S.

There are so few times when the provider exceeds expectations, but this is one. My rug is unique and dear to me as it is a gift from a former beau that we picked out together while in Morocco. It was dirty when purchased years ago and has never been cleaned. I knew from experience it could not be cleaned using any home methods or typical carpet cleaners -- even spot cleaning with water was an issue! I called Aegis who came to my home to provide background on the type of rug, fibers and dyes used and provided an appraisal. They set my expectations, described the process that would be used and the care that would be taken to protect the rug's uniqueness. Then they took my rug away. Today my rug was returned and it looks far better than it did when it was purchased!! It is like I have a brand new rug. The colors are brighter showing even the most muted colors in a new light. Aegis Fine Rug Services exceeded my expectations in a big, big way.

Description of Work
Cleaned a hard-to-clean, hand-loomed Moroccan rug.

08/26/2013

Kimbrly V.

I did not use the services of Aegis Fine Rug Cleaning, but I definitely would in the future. I called, and was promptly connected to the owner who spent a great deal of time discussing my rug, the cleaning process, the price, and various tips to keep my rug in good shape. Since I purchased the rug at a consignment shop the cost of cleaning it would have been more than I paid for it. Even though I did not hire Aegis to come out and clean my rug the owner spent a lot of time on the phone going over my options. I'll definitely use Aegis in the future, and would recommend this company to all of my friends looking for this service.

Description of Work
Discussed various types of rugs. Explained the cleaning process in detail. Gave me tips on how to keep my rug clean and in good shape.

07/15/2013

Randall J.

Tim showed up at the appointed time, assessed the condition of the rug, and described what he would do to it. Two weeks later he delivered the rug. Frankly, I was amazed. The rug looked almost new! The stains were gone, except for one small spot. It was faded so much that you have to know where to look to find it. The 2 small rips were repaired and are undetectable from the top side of the rug. The color was much brighter. It is now a great addition to the room. Aegis exceeded our expectations. If you have a quality rug that needs some TLC, call Tim.

Description of Work
Cleaned a wool rug that had been badly abused - pet stains, ground in dirt, crushed by heavy furniture, torn, and, apparently, never vacuumed. Tim picked up and delivered the rug, thoroughly described the cleaning process, and gave us a realistic sense of what to expect in results.

03/04/2013

Dax R.

Excellent experience from Aegis! Had a very large rug that had been in the family for many years. Tim, the owner, was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain to my wife and I the process and advantages to keeping the rug clean, and the type of cleaning he performed. The cleaning is inclusive of delivery (both ways) and all cleaning processes, versus my experience with a-la-carte rug cleaning. Tim even followed up with a hand written thank-you note to confirm our selected pick-up time, and on the day of the pick-up, surprised us with a warm box of cookies from Tiff's Treats. Tim did exactly as he said he would, arrived on time, completed the cleaning within two weeks, and helped us with the purchase of a new rug pad to help protect our new hardwood floors and maintain the life of our rug. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Oriental Rug Cleaning

Brocks Carpet Care

HARTS CARPET CLEANING

We offer the finest in Steam Cleaning by using the best products and most powerful equipment on the market. Not only do we use the best, we strive to be the best by giving our customerst the utmost in service. We are a local small company but growing because we care about your home and carpets. We can do tile and grout as well as upholstery, we offer 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Prompt on time service. Why wait? *Call us today at (512) 707-1102*

Harper Carpet Care

Harper Carpet Care is a locally owned and operated company by Harley Harper. We pride ourselves in personal customer service and our vast knowledge of carpet and floor care. With our small size comes Big Service! We can offer you more knowledge and experience than the big box companies at a more affordable price. Don't let the bigger companies pass their big overhead on to you, the customer. We have been certified by the IICRC in carpet cleaning and flood water restoration for over 9 years. As an Owner Operated business, you can feel confident that you will always recieve the Highest level of Quality service. We at Harper Carpet Care always strive to offer the best products on the market and floor maintenance methods available.

Offers by Harper Carpet Care on Angi
    Yes, by phone.
    Satisfaction

Hand washing of Persian Carpets, Oriental, Navajo and area rugs. The owner washes every rug by hand and all rugs are safely dried flat.Never hung, wrung or spun dry which can stretch or distort wet rugs and lead to dye bleeding. All rugs are washed individually which prevents cross contamination with other client's rugs. No rugs are fed through machines. There are no extra charges for pick up, delivery, fabric protectant, deodorizing, moth repellent, soaking to treat for pet odors and stains.

Wall to wall carpet cleaning, air duct cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, furniture cleaning, appraisals, rug sales or trades.emergency water or fire damage mitigation. If you need any of these services, please consult Angie's List for a great provider.