A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions

Texas: General
08/07/2022

2116 White Horse Trail

Austin, TX 78757

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Looking for a company that gives you the “warm fuzzies” and makes you feel good each time we do business together? For Emergency Services or After Hour Services, Please call 512-450-1980! When you call A-Plus, you can sense warmth, experience and knowledge from our professional staff. Family owned & operated since 1977. We service Austin & surrounding areas 7 days a week ....

HVAC Companies (536)handyman (306)electrician (154)fence company (129)ceiling fan installation (101)lighting (80)woodworking (58)plumbers (55)home remodeling (37)door installation (31)drywall (29)home energy audit (26)

03/15/2022

JACKIE R.

EVERYTHING WENT EXTREMELY WELL!!! WORK WAS COMPLETED JUST WEEKS BEFORE ALL THE 2021 WINTER STORMS HIT. A TRUE BLESSING❗❗❗ EVERY PERSON WHO WORKED IN OUR HOME OR SPOKE WITH US ON THE PHONE WAS PROFESSIONAL & RESPECTFUL AND DID EXCELLENT WORK❗❗❗ WE BOUGHT A MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT AND ARE NOW FOREVER CUSTOMERS❗❗❗

Description of Work
HVAC REPLACEMENT, ENERGY EFFICIENCY FIXES, DRYWALL REPAIR, LIGHTING REPLACEMENTS, WEATHERIZATION

Category drywall,handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,energy audit

Work Completed On 01/03/2021

Thank you for leaving this awesome review. So glad everything went well! Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

10/16/2020

Laura G.

I love A-Plus and gave recommended them to my family. We have them come out every 6mo for routine work and most recently for a repair. Our tech was so helpful and explained everything as he went. AND he even vacuumed up the insulation that fell out from the attic. They are great!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

Thank you for your A rating and for being one of our loyal discount customers. Our techs are always on hand to resolve any HVAC issues you may have. They also always clean up after themselves as well. We look forward to working with you in the spring!

08/16/2020

david M.

Came out next morning. Diagnosed problem and repaired. Fast and easy. Communication was good.

Description of Work
A/C system problem diagnostics and repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review!

06/10/2020

Sandy H.

STEPHANIE IS FANTASTIC!!! My needs are small and out of scope for A-plus but that’s not the end of this story. Before calling me to say so, Stephanie researched other businesses that might be a better match. When she called to say A-plus can’t work with me, she also had name and phone # of company she’d ALREADY CALLED HERSELF to confirm my needs are in their scope of services. Who does that??? My only regret is that I don’t currently have need for A-plus’s services but you can be sure they’re top of the list for future need. Stephanie is a true gem!!

Description of Work
We connected Sandy with a more appropriate company to get her the help she was looking for.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you for this great review, Stephanie always goes above and beyond to help our customers out.

06/02/2020

Crisney L.

Very well. The team at A+ Air Con & Home Services gets an A+ from me for the quick response to my enquiry, came out to my house to quote the project and sent a professional handyman to complete all the tasks. Great team to work with and will definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
A variety of handyman jobs -- patching walls, painting, installing a recessed doorbell

Category handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

We appericate the A rating. We work hard to assist all of our customers as qucikly as possible from first contact to project completion. Keep us in mind for another other home repair you might have! Thank you.

05/08/2020

Greg F.

Excellent. Very professional. Friendly. Awesome experience. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
My parents needed to have 25-30 paintings hung and mounted inside their new house.

Category handyman service,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Thank you for choosing A-Plus. It was a pleasure to work with you.

01/10/2020

Carol H.

The handyman, Chris, was very good. My problem was with the "bait-and-switch" they pulled on me regarding price. When I engaged them, they quoted $129 for the first two hours, and $60 for any remaining hours. They also promised two handymen to get the job done more quickly, and promised to pro-rate the last hour if needed. They sent ONE handyman, who understandably took four hours to complete the project. The customer rep claimed to have called me beforehand to tell me they were only sending one person, but that call never happened. I ended up paying $300 for a job that probably would have taken a little over two hours. Had I known beforehand, I would surely have engaged another company's service. Receiving my complaint, the manager of the service agreed to refund $25. Big deal. I will never use nor recommend this company to anyone. Again, the handyman did a very good job, and was very amiable.

Description of Work
Assembly of a child's bunk bed and desk.

Category handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thank you for the review. Chris always takes pride in his work and tries to make the customer as happy as he can. Our handyman pricing was $129 for the first two man hours (2 Men, 1 Hour OR 1 Man, 2 Hours), and $60 per man hour thereafter (2 Men would be $120 per additional hour). However our handyman pricing did increase to $75 per man hour after the 1st of the year. We did honor our older rates and I think there was a misunderstanding on the one man vs two man billing. It appears you are saying it took one handyman 4 hours which would be the same cost as two man, two hours. We apologize for any confusion with our handyman rates at the time of scheduling. We felt our work was billed correctly, but we provided you a small refund and Starbucks gift card in good faith. We do want to thank you for giving Chris an A rating in the quality and punctuality categories. We will let him know he did a good job.

05/03/2019

Joyce S.

Professional, knowledgable, and efficient service. Recommend A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions. Our new A/C was making a loud rattling/rumbling noise when we started it up this year, like a washing machine out of balance. I found A-Plus Air Conditioning based on reviews here and on the Lennox website. I called A-Plus and one other company on Thursday morning. The competitor was not able to fit me in the schedule until Monday. David at A-Plus called back within an hour and scheduled me for Friday morning. We had a mixup on the telephone number, but when I called Friday as my initial window was ending, David called back and placed me in the queue within an hour. Jeremy arrived with a smile and pleasant demeanor. He opened up the air handler and quickly found the cause of the rattling. A small plastic wrapper was the culprit. Jeremy tested the system with just the fan and then the A/C and the noise was gone. No muss, no fuss. Quality work! Will call A-Plus for future preventative maintenance. Thank you for your prompt help!

Description of Work
Fix Rattling Noise in A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

Thank you for letting A-Plus come to your home. Jeremy is one of our most knowable techs. When you are ready for your check ups, be sure to request him! We apologize about the mix up with the phone number. Next time you call in, your updated phone number is in our account! We will not have that problem again!

04/16/2019

Luisa G.

Job was done really, really well - efficient, friendly and would use again.

Description of Work
Needed assistance putting up book cabinets

Category handyman service,home & garage organization

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Wonderful! We are glad everything went smooth! Let us know if you need help with anything else around your home! Look forward to working with you again!

03/10/2019

Mescal E.

All work was done efficiently and with quality. The company was very responsive to requests for minor touch ups and to requests for additional small projects.

Description of Work
Building pergola on deck, interior painting, canyonside clean-up and some landscaping, handyman services

Category handyman service,lawn service,pressure washing,hardscaping,patios

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for this great review. I know we have performed multipled different types of home repair task with you. We apperciate your business.

Air conditioning repair, install new cooling & heating systems, repairing & replacing ductwork, FREE Energy Audits for Austin Energy*, ECAD audits, Oncor, PEC, & Bluebonnet, duct sealing & replacement, weatherization, attic insulation, solar screens, UV lights & high efficiency filters. We zone systems to make homes more comfortable. Home Solutions: remodels, holiday lighting, handyman services, decks, flooring, fencing, painting, general contracting, roofing. (*on all homes over 10 years old)

We don't repair window air conditioners or car air conditioners.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing