Mason Mender

Founded 1981 • With Angi since May 2006

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

5614 Shady Hill Ln

Arlington, TX 76016

Monty has been in the Masonry business since 1981, he takes great pride in his ability to fix and repair the many problems he comes across the best possible way using the materials that are available today, his integrity is never in question, his work ethic impressive, and he has won the coveted Angie's List Super Service Award 7 years in a row. He is old fashioned in he does not get on the computer much, and prefers talking to each customer in person, and going the extra mile to do the best for each individual problem, So for the best service and attention to details on all your masonry needs please call Monty Woodard/The Mason-Mender at 817-455-9252 Thank you, Mention you're an Angie's list member for a 10% discount off his Services! ...

masonry (119)mailbox repair (25)handyman (4)

06/09/2021

I AM DELIGHTED!! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE WHERE THE ARCHWAY WAS REPAIRED, AND THE FOUNDATION CORNER IS LIKE NEW!! MONTY ALSO FILLED THE RECURRING SINKHOLE WITH CONCRETE AND EVEN FIGURED OUT HOW TO STRAIGHTEN OUT THE PAVERS. HE REALLY KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND HE WAS WILLING TO TACKLE A TOUGH PROJECT LIKE THIS FOUNDATION CORNER. I AM TRUELY GRATEFUL. THANK YOU, MONTY!!

Description of Work
repair foundation corner breakoff and small sinkhole that caused it, and repair cracking archway over front door

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

I appreciate the work,and review, I enjoy taking care of my customers and the masonry problems .thank you Monty woodard the Mason mender

09/21/2020

Great. A real professional. Just wish there were more like him. I could recommend him anytime.

Description of Work
Repair concrete and brick work

Category handyman service,masonry

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

thank you [Member Name Removed] I appreciate the review. And if you ever need some help on anything please feel free to give me a call.,if I can help I certainly will and if I can't maybe I know someone who can. Thanks again Monty woodard the Mason mender

05/20/2020

Monty was great! He's a true professional who clearly takes pride in his work. We actually used his services 5 years ago for a different repair, so he was first on our list to call again this time around. That alone says something. This time around we hired him to fix brick damage up the entire right side of our 1998-built house after having foundation work done. Everything about the experience wa...

Description of Work
brick repair following foundation work

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Review for Mason Mender - 5614 Shady Hill Ln, Arlington, TX - 38581228

thank you very much, and as always I appreciate the work. thanks again Monty woodard the Mason mender

01/03/2020

Monty was outstanding. He perfectly matched the existing 60 year old mortar and you can't tell the difference where he repaired the cracks

Description of Work
Masonry crack repair and pointing

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

11/23/2019

Monty was great. He came right out and gave us an estimate and we scheduled a time for him to come out. He arrived as promised to perform the work. The repaired section looks great! It’s difficult to tell where or if a repair was done. We will definitely call him for any masonry repair work we need done.

Description of Work
The mortar between the bricks in one section on the back of the house disintegrated. We needed to have that repaired.

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

10/29/2019

Monty was great. Came out within a day or two to give me a surprising low estimate, and returned a couple of days later to do the work. It was a complicated job because it involved structural elements. Monty clearly knows what he's doing and takes pride in his work. He ended up doing more than I'd asked for on his own initiative at no extra charge. My house is close to a hundred years old, so I am...

Description of Work
re-build brick porch columns

Work Completed On 10/26/2019

05/07/2019

Monty arrived on time like he said he would. Started working right away. He was done by lunch time. I must say the job turned out better than I thought it would. Unless you know what to look for , you can't even tell where the garage was hit on a 40 year old home. My hate off to Monty!!!!!

Description of Work
Repair brick work on corner of garage that was backed Into

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

as always I appreciate the work,and thank for the review, if you ever need some help with anything just give me a call. thanks Monty woodard the Mason mender

04/20/2019

Went through Arlington Handyman and Monty Woodard The Mason Mender number was given to me. He came out, I explained what happen, my area was a mess and a nightmare. He stated he could rebuild it, put in the type of mailbox we wanted that to get mail takes a key. I would hire him again in a split second. Very please, more then pleased with the work he did. God sent us the right person. Normally I g...

Description of Work
On April 14,2019 a vehicle rammed our brick mailbox, hit neighbor yard next a neighbor took video. APD was called out, our neighbor phoned us, we where out getting ready to celebrate our daughter Birthday dinner. AFD was called bricks where every where. They swept the bricks from our home to the third house. A mess to clean up. Neighbor showed the video to thr APD Officers, someone spotted the car. I received a called from the officer and stated yes I was pressing charges. This was a hit an run and when they where caught they should had been arrested without my ok. It was three of them when they ended up in my neighbor yard damaging her yard as well but mine was worse and cost the most. You can see them leaving the scene of the accident even when they knew others saw them. Waiting on police report to pick up. They even pointed at one of my neighbors.

Category masonry,mailbox repair

Work Completed On 04/15/2019

Review for Mason Mender - 5614 Shady Hill Ln, Arlington, TX - 37830946

thank you very much, sincerely Monty woodard the Mason mender

02/06/2019

Good guy. Good work. Good price. Can't ask for anything more...

Description of Work
Repair to cracked exterior masonry

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

thanks for the review, appreciate the work,and I always enjoy my work when I have to work for someone like both of you.have a great year and let me know if you need anything. thanks Monty woodard the Mason mender

08/26/2018

Excellent! Monty was very responsive, timely, and did a great job fixing our brick and stone walkway. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Walkway brick repair

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

Mailbox Repair & Replace, Brick & Stone Masonry, Columns & Inserts & Crack Repair.