Martin Locksmith

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2004

2234 W Park Row Dr A

Arlington, TX 76013

We can open your car or house or business if you are locked out. Our spacious showroom has new and used safes. We have OEM remotes for your vehicles and chip keys too. Disney keys and other beautiful house keys. Bring your lock problems to our shop and we will fix them up. Or we can come to you to fix your locksmiths problems...

07/02/2018

Larry H.

They made the key and it opens the all the door lock.

Description of Work
I had lost the key to my Ford Fusion

Category

02/06/2017

Edgar K.

I selected Martin Locksmith after doing my homework, i.e. reading other reviews, and reaching out to this and other service providers for quotes. Martin Locksmith had the best quote, and was very prompt in replying to my e-mail queries. I brought in a blank key and a refurbished fob from carkeysfast.com which I purchased for $40. Martin Locksmith indicated they would be willing to cut and program the same with the caveat that I would be charged $54 whether the programming was successful or not. I chose to go with a refurbished unit instead of a brand new one because of cost ($145 whether you buy it from Nissan or the locksmith). I can’t recommend carkeysfast.com enough for refurbished key fobs and blanks, but I digress. They have very good reviews on eBay. Martin Locksmith did not require an appointment. I was in and out within 20 minutes. There were no issues with cutting and programming. The technician made sure that the key and fob worked before sending us on our way. I am very satisfied with this service provider, and would not hesitate to come back to them for future needs. If you prefer to have them to cut a brand new key and fob, they charge $191.97 ($145 for fob and blank, $35 for programming and cutting, and $11.97 tax). By way of comparison, a local Nissan dealership will charge you $25 more ($145 for fob, $60 for programming and cutting, and $11.97 tax).

Description of Work
Cut and program an additional key and fob for a 2015 Nissan Altima.

08/04/2016

ELIZABETH T.

We were so pleased at the prompt, courteous service we received from Martin Locksmith. The locksmith, Anthony Royse, knew exactly what to do to fix the broken door knob and had the right part on his truck. We would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Entry door lock broken

05/05/2016

Charles S.

The locksmith was very professional, courteous and friendly. Did an awesome job in no time. Thank You

Description of Work
Re-keyed three door locks.

01/23/2016

Sherry D.

****Do not use......or get quote in writing before using Martin?s Locksmith***** My son lost his car keys on 12/22/15. I contacted Aaron?s Locksmith and he quoted me $185.00 for the high security Honda key with the service call, but said that he would not be to make it until the next day. I then contacted Martin Locksmith and spoke with Steve. He said that he would match Aaron?s price and be able to come out that night. Steve said that he did not have the high security key in stock but had the regular key. He said that he would do the high security key and regular key for a total of $285.00 and that he would order the high security key and that once he received it that he would have someone come back out to cut it. He sent a contracted locksmith, Calvin. Calvin stayed for about 15 minutes and then said that he had another call, but return the next day. On 12/23/2015, Calvin called me and advised me that the job was complete and to contact Steve to make the $285.00 payment. I contacted Steve, who then told me to call Tia at the office. I called Tia and she processed the payment for $285.00. I did not hear from Martin Locksmith in reference to the high security key that Steve was supposed to order, therefore, I contacted their offices. I was then told that the $285.00 was for the plain key. I advised Martin about our phone conversation. He said that he didn?t remember our conversation. He said that he would have Calvin, the contracted locksmith, contact me. Calvin called me and said that he had to repair the ignition clip, and the charge was $185.00. I advised him that I spoke with Steve initially and was quoted $285.00 for both keys. I was never advised that the ignition needed a clip to be repaired nor did I authorize my credit card to be charged for it. He then said that Steve never mentioned an additional key. I then spoke with Tia the office manager. She said that she was confused and really didn?t know what was going on. I explained everything. She then called me back and said that I could purchase the high security key for $100.00. I advised her that I would not pay an additional $100. I simply wanted what I paid for, and she declined. I am disputing $185.00 of the charge with my credit card company.

Description of Work
My son lost his keys and they came out to the house to cut a key.

Category locksmith

In response to the lady calling me a thief, she was told of the need and cost of fixing the ignition on her sons car. Calvin explained it to her and minutes later she called the shop and paid the bill in full. A week later I guess she forgot all about this transaction and called to ask where the $100 remote head key was. Claiming she had paid for it last week. She was told the same story again. Ending the call, calling us thieves and writing a nasty email to us. The price of $185 was for making a working chip key {non remotehead key} and programming the plain chip key to a 2009 Honda Accord. Your sons car had a broken ignition. Calvin told you this that night, 12/22, as well as your husband and son who were both at the car, This is a 2 hour job to fix, so it was agreed that it would be done next morning. Next morning he spent 2.5 hours repairing that ignition. This problem happens on all High Security Honda vehicles 2004 and newer. Calvin called you again when he was done, explaining all charges again. You agreed and called the shop and paid us. A week later I guess she forgot all about this transaction and called to ask where the $100 remote head key was. She was told the same story again. In question is the $100 remotehead key. Had you been mature about this matter and called me, I would have removed the $100 labor from your credit card. That ignition repair is a $150 job. I offered to save you $35 on remote key and we did save you $50 on labor repairing ignition problem, that all 3 of you knew about! {Bad ignition, father could not get key into ignition, your son either, they both tried} You were quoted 185 for the plain key, enabling your son to drive his car. I told you I would do the expensive remote head key at the shop for $100 when it arrived in a few days, it had to be ordered. You then stopped payment on your credit card after calling us thieves and idiots. It took a month to receive the papers from your credit card company. I see you stopped payment on the $185, not the $100 in dispute. And I am the thief? When Calvin last talked to you and was told you were going to stop payment, he asked for his key back. We are out $285 at present and your son is driving his car. I do not see how I am the thief here. When this is over, if your credit card takes the $185 from me, I plan to call the police and report thief of services. Maybe a talk with the police will improve your memory and a talk with a judge will make you think twice about bad mouthing business people and stealing from them?

09/30/2014

J Shavonne S.

My mother locked herself out of the house in Arlington and I work in Dallas. I couldn't get home to let her in. I called Martin's and they said they would have someone out there in about 30 or 45 minutes, but they showed up much quicker. They got her in and provided 3 spare keys for a very reasonable price. The gentleman was kind, professional and knowledgeable. I will definitely use them again if I need to and will recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Unlocked the house door and provided 3 keys.

Category locksmith

As a family run business we value our customers and always have their best interest at heart, we're very happy to hear that your experience with our company was a "A" . Thanks again,, Ken Martin

04/06/2014

Anthony B.

Lost my only key for my 2010 Mazda 3. Looked at some Mazda forums to see how much another key would cost and the overwhelming response was not to go to the dealership. Read a few reviews here for locksmiths and most were about the same. I thought Martin was as good as any. Set up and appointment for 2pm on a Saturday. Locksmith didn't show up until 4:30pm. I didn't really mind, I had things to do and they kept in contact with me on the phone to let me know they were still coming. It was a male/female team and they assured me I would be good to go in about 30 minutes. They made me two transponder keys and one key to unlock the door only, in the time they said. The two transponder keys and replacement key worked perfectly! They both apologized for being late and wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied. They also offered me some solutions for getting another FOB. They also provided me with a business card with my code numbers in case I needed another key. The day after on Sunday I was out in my car looking for a receipt and lo and behold there was my lost key stuck in between the seat and center console! My wife and I looked all over that car for the key too! Oh well, at least my wife and I have some replacement keys now. I'd recommend Martin Locksmith for replacement transponder keys. I'd recommend the male/female team that came out too, they were good. I had there names written down, but can't find that darn receipt!

Description of Work
Replace lost key for 2010 Mazda 3

Category locksmith

Thank you for your reviews, our goal at Martin Locksmith to provide good service at a reasonable price. I WILL pass on your comments to Larry and Lisa. Thank you for you business. Martin Locksmith

03/31/2014

Nancy C.

Everything went as well as could be expected considering the locks they replaced were the original from when the house was built in the early 80's. The locks look great and work perfectly. A couple of months later I lockeed myself out of the house. I called Michael's and they came right out to the house and not only let me in, they checked all the locks with my new key. They were wonderful and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 door handles/locks expertly.

Category locksmith

Thank you for your kind words. Our goal is that our customers are happy and secured when we are finished with the job. Martin Locksmith

03/23/2014

Michael S.

I called in advance to ask if they could do it and gave them the make, model and year of the car and what I wanted. They said that they do it all the time for used car dealers and it wouldn't be a problem. I specifically asked them if they had the key in stock and they said they did since they do so many of them. I showed up shortly after they opened on Saturday morning. Glenn made the key, took my money and sent me on my way. When I got home, I wanted to verify that it worked. So I took the original key and moved it away from the car. I discovered that the replacement that was made didn't work at all. I went back and told Glenn it didn't work. He said he'd get to it as soon as he could but he had something to do ahead of mine. So I waited. Glenn eventually got around to it and messed around with it for over an hour. I missed another appointment I had but I figured it was worth it to be done with this. After over an hour, Glenn told me that the car must be "p***** off" because it wouldn't work and he had tried multiple new keys. He said I should go do some errands and drive the car for awhile and come back later in the afternoon after it had had a chance to calm down. I should have cut my losses at that point but I said I would. Later in the afternoon, I went back. They were very busy. The other guy working there, Steve, was going on and on about how busy they were, they hadn't even been able to take a lunch, they were being worked to death, etc... After a bit, Glenn tried again and still couldn't get it to work. He called a guy named Bert on the phone and, after a very short phone call, told me that he didn't have the right key and they could order one and have it there by Tuesday. I told him I'd wasted more then enough time with them and I'd like a refund. He processed the refund, never told me "thank you", "I'm sorry we wasted your time" or anything else. So I essentially wasted my Saturday because Martin's employees aren't as well trained as they should be. And they didn't have enough people in the store to handle the number of customers they had. Maybe if Bert was there he could have at least told me in the morning they didn't have the key in stock (in spite of the assurances I'd received when I called) and at least I wouldn't have wasted one of my weekend days. I ended up going to a different locksmith. While it was a bit more expensive than what Martin was going to charge me, I had a completely different experience and it was well worth the price differential! Having people working there that aren't qualified to do the work is bad enough, but not to even apologize after wasting my time is inexcusable. I'll never do business with them again.

Description of Work
I wanted them to make me a spare key for our 2008 Nissan Maxima. This is an electronic key so it involves both cutting the emergency key and programming the transponder in the key.

Category locksmith

I am sorry you had such a bad experience an I assure you that the technicians that you are talking of is a highly trained Locksmith but his strong sute are in comercial locksmith and is one of our safe and vault technician. Im sorry that you came in on a Saturday the all of the automotive techs where off. Please accept our apologies. Martin Locksmith

01/19/2014

John H.

The locksmith was there early, done quickly, and was completely professional. I would use them again without doubt.

Description of Work
I used Martin & Sons Locksmith, Inc.

Thank you for your reviews. Martin Locksmith

Chapman Lock & Key

Here at Chapman Lock & Key LLC we're here to bring the best quality service and pricing to DFW area. We specialize in residential work and getting rental properties up to Texas rental code. We install Keyed and keyless deadbolts , put peepholes in exterior doors and rekey locks. For property management companies we can get your properties on a master key system so the tenant has their own key that just works their home and you have 1 key that opens all your properties. Our Commercial work consists of Rekeying , installing/repairing exit devices and adjusting door closers. Ask us about our Senior and Military discount. http://chapmanlockkey.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We make most all automotive keys, chip keys, replace ignitions. Can get replacement keys for Mercedes Benz, Landrover, BMW, Mini Cooper, and Sprinter. We install access control, cameras, card readers, mags and electric strikes. We can rekey the locks on your office or home or vehicle. We sell new and used safes, change combos, *move safes {*Subcontracted}

Alarm systems.