J Rowe Plumbing

Founded 1984 • With Angi since February 2009

J Rowe Plumbing. is a full-service plumbing contractor with the ability to service and install complete plumbing systems. From water leak repairs to tankless water heater installations, we've got you covered....

4.4

plumbers (91)water heaters (21)drain cleaning (15)gas leak repair (3)home remodeling (1)appliance repair (10)HVAC Companies (3)pool cleaning (1)insulation (1)

01/03/2022

David R.

Jason was the best - very professional and friendly - knowledgable and pride of work showed….. like a work of art it’s great looking and fast…..

Description of Work
Replace Hot Water Heater

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

12/02/2021

curtis W.

A leaking pipe in the bedroom wall. They identified the problem diagnosed a quick repair and provided great service at a great price

Description of Work
A leaking pipe in the bedroom wall

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

09/24/2021

Lu R.

Our 18yrold AO Smith water heater's thermocouple failed so we were going to have it repaired. J Rowe set appt for 4days from when I called. So our large family had no hot water, but because of the good reviews, I was willing to wait. Plus it allowed me to research other plumbers. We decided to just replace the WH because of age. Because ours had lasted so long, we had questions about what Rheem model they would install. A plumber swung by early a.m. (probably before his shift started) just to take a look at what our setup was and understand what we were wanting to get. Plumber was Jason. He seemed very knowledgeable, respectful and honest so I put my trust in him (and J Rowe Plumbing). It was a plus that he had 25 yrs experience, too. He came back later that day with an assistant (Nathan) and got it all done in approx 2 hrs. They wore masks (Covid), cleaned up after themselves, and took the old HW. I have to note, that I was consistently contacted on when to expect our plumber AND received a picture of him so I'd know who to expect. That was a great plus since I was a woman home alone at the time. I listed the cost as fair. Their quoted price was about as much as the other plumber I considered (although he was wanting to do a Bradford White model, but only a 1yr warranty for him ). Time will tell whether this Rheem classic professional WH will last the 12yrs gas water heaters "should." I feel confident that I chose the right plumber and plumbing company. J Rowe's warranty for parts and labor, overall helpful attitude, along with Jason, made choosing JRowe Plumbing easy.

Description of Work
Water heater replaced

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

10/13/2020

M Suzanne B.

They did very well. Will use them for all my plumbing.

Description of Work
Water for built in whole house humidifier

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

07/21/2020

James T.

This company is one of the most professional, dependable contractors I've ever used. Wish I had found them years earlier.

Description of Work
J Rowe Installed a gas water heater seven months ago. Returned today to show the tenant how the automatic, battery-powered emergency shutoff works.

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

07/04/2020

Nadiya M.

“ Jamey Noble came with his partner earlier and explained to me what need to be done to stop leak behind the toilet and the cost of the repairs. When they finished work they discovered another leak there and offered unique solution for my old toilet. They were successful and I was very happy with there service and professionalism. Thank you! ”

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

05/12/2020

Ian E.

Service tech was punctual and had the job completed quickly. He took time to review options and thoroughly explain different paths. Left work area clean and was very respectful of property.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

04/29/2020

Robert J.

Guys were very professional and completed work in a timely manner. Very friendly fellas.

Description of Work
Replace part on water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

04/13/2020

Angie S.

Super professional. Wasn’t pushy. Referred me to a contractor to fix my shower leak (wasn’t the plumbing) Fixed the toilet leak super quick!

Description of Work
Just needed someone to look at a couple leaks (one in shower and one in toilet)

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

02/28/2020

Barbara S.

Quick fix and working perfectly now.

Description of Work
Shower faucet not working.

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

12/02/2019

Byron H.

Technician made it earlier than scheduled time (called ahead). Was in and out in about 40 minutes. Clog cleared and drain viewed with camera.

Description of Work
Deep kitchen drain clog.

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

Glad we were able to make things happen quickly for you. Thank you for taking the time to send a review. We are standing by if you need any other plumbing issues in the future.

11/26/2019

James T.

The job was more difficult than many because we upgraded from a 30-gallon water heater to a 40-gallon in a closet that was designed for the 30-gallon, so it was a tight fit. Although I had previously removed the door and trim to allow access, the walls remained as they were. The old water heater sat on the floor, and the new code required this one to be elevated 20” and other modifications as well. The plumber produced a neat, very professional installation in a very courteous and friendly manner. Bid was lower than others. I will use J. Rowe plumbing again.

Description of Work
Replace and upsize water heater.

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

11/14/2019

Mary M.

J Rowe was the 2nd of three plumbers I had come out to give me an estimate. Jason was prompt courteous and knowledgeable. J Rowe was not the cheapest estimate (in the middle) but seemed more experience than the cheapest. Jason and another man turned up first thing the next morning and were done by 3pm. They dug in very tight area - between a large tree, a brick wall and two mature shrubs. When they were done, they filled everything in, smoothed it out and you could hardly tell any work had been done. I am very happy.

Description of Work
Sewage pipe was damaged by a tree root.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

11/02/2019

Tracey D.

My technician was very professional, and knowledgeable. Excellent service

Description of Work
Hot water heater

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thank you for the support! Be sure to reach out if there is anything else you need. Mishell Rowe - Owner

07/09/2019

Robin S.

A complete disaster. The job was to replace 2 conventional hot water heaters in my attic. The company suggested that I installed a tankless system instead for a net increase of $1,000. This turned into a 3 week ordeal that include 4 days without heat or hot water during the winter. The company failed to properly calculate the capacity of the existing gas line, the need for a larger gas regulator and proper grounding. The original work did not pass inspection by the City of Fort Worth. Finishing the job required the help of the State Board of Plumbers, the City of Fort Worth inspector and a second company. Lots of communication problems (I am being polite) Use again? No way.

Description of Work
Tankless Hot Water Heater Installation

Category plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 01/01/2019

This job was not a disaster. We came out at your request to give a quote to change out the existing tank water heaters with a tankless water heater. While there we smelled gas in your kitchen area and turned off the gas stop to the cooktop in the kitchen island. You informed us that you had the fire department, the city and another plumber come out prior to our arrival and no one could find any problem with the gas line. We told you that we would test it the next day when we installed the tankless water heater. When we came out the next day, the stop to the cooktop had been turned back on. We tested the gas line and it did not hold indicating a leak somewhere in the existing gas line. We were going to turn the gas off and you did not allow it. We explained the situation to your husband and he set up a time for us to return but then cancelled. In the meantime, another plumbing company was called by you and they came out and replaced a section of the gas line, did not pull a permit and did not properly ground the gas line they installed. When we went for inspection on our tankless water heater, that new gas line installed by the other company was what failed. The city inspector was going to get involved with the other company you used because they had not permitted the job or planned on getting an inspection. We had installed a dedicated gas line to the tankless water heater so that the necessary BTU requirement to run the tankless water heater was correct and we installed the gas line using a product called Flash Shield which is coated and does not have to be grounded as the coating serves as grounding. So you called the State Board and requested a meeting with the City of Fort Worth and our company to complain about our installation. The State inspector said our work looked good. However, your existing gas piping which had nothing to do with our installation was undersized and they requested that the gas pressure to the entire house be pumped up by Atmos and would require that a regulator be installed to balance the pressure. You tried to blame us for the problem, but we did not do the original plumbing/gas installation on your home. But to take care of you the customer, we did the additional work on your existing gas lines at no charge and the city approved and green tagged the job.

06/22/2019

Linda E.

Brandon was a pleasure to do business with. Very professional and thorough when dealing with customers. The price wasn't the best quote, but I appreciated that they could do the job immediately. Wesley performed the job. He was ok. Did not properly reroute the water line servicing half of my house when it was supposed to be completed. So I had to call them back out the next day to take care of that. Also part of my elliptical machine was broken off. I reviewed my security cameras and saw that it snapped off when he attempted to move the machine. He didn't bother to let me know about that. He did not turn my water heater back on after the job was complete so It took awhile to realize that was the reason all my water was cold.He also supposedly set up an appointment for and Inspection after the job was done. I spoke to Misti and that appointment never happened. He had me spend an entire day waiting because "they don't give you a specific time." That was not true because Misti scheduled it for the following day and they came right on time. I don't have time to waste taking caring of a toddler. Brandon and Misti make up for the inconveniences.

Description of Work
Water Line Reroute

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

We discussed your review with the team. We came out to repair a slab leak and when it was completed, we discovered that there was a secondary leak on another line. So we set up to come back the next day to complete the job. That was why the water heater was still turned off, because you had an additional leak. We came out the next day and repaired the second leak at no additional charge. Since the job was not finished, the techs did not call the office to schedule an inspection until the job was completed. Since the job was completed on Saturday, they informed the office staff on Monday to call it in for inspection for Tuesday. We apologize for the confusion of what day the inspection was scheduled. As far as the issue with the elliptical machine, the tech doesn't remember any part being broken. If something came off when we moved it, he put it back on. We appreciate your business and having the opportunity to be of service.

06/13/2019

Cathy E.

Excellent workmanship, personable service Technicians & great customer service!

Description of Work
Replace 1995 Water Heater

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

02/28/2019

april D.

Jason called and said he was on his way and they also sent me his picture, which i liked. He came in with another man, who i believe was a trainee, and they looked at my two sinks and said they could fix both for $240. Jason also explained that they could put in gas logs if i bought them, but if there was any electrical component that they did not do that and i would probably need an electrician too. i was happy with that honesty and he didn't try and sell me something they did not service. My house is older, 1986, and one sink was easy to fix, but the other sink was more difficult. they worked on it for awhile and were finally able to fix it. they also explained why they needed to put a different color stopper in my sink and asked if that was ok. I understood and was happy to not have a leaking sink anymore. I also told them i didn't care what color the stopper was as long as it didn't leak, b/c i would eventually be redoing that bathroom anyway.

Description of Work
i had two leaking sinks and also wanted to ask about new gas logs for my fire place

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

01/13/2019

Michael E.

The company never responded to two requests for a quote.

Description of Work
New water heater

Work Completed On 01/13/2019

11/27/2018

Terri M.

he was too vague, cost of repairs and estimates out of sight never came back didn't do anything has been reported to Texas State Plumber Board

Description of Work
water leak

Work Completed On 11/27/2018

11/04/2018

Randi K.

Great service. I would highly recommend James Rowe Plumbing.

Description of Work
repairs to a hot water heater.

Work Completed On 11/04/2018

Thank you for the referral !!

09/12/2018

Carla C.

Right on time and very friendly and professional

Description of Work
Sewage pipe repaired

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

08/21/2018

Linda B.

They were friendly and professional. They had been here before so they knew the problem we had. They repaired the problem and were here about an hour. I would recommend J Rowe Plumbers anytime especially if all the plumbers who work for them are as knowledgeable and professional as these two guys.

Description of Work
Replace PRV valve