Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas

Founded 2012 • With Angi since January 2015

Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas provides affordable, professional, master craft quality cabinet refinishing to the DFW metroplex. Cabinet refinishing restores old and worn cabinets to a like new condition at the fraction of the cost of replacing. Free estimates and demonstrations. With over ten years of experience, I can restore your stained, painted or pickled woodwork at a much less cost and save you from getting new cabinets and woodwork. Our dust free process offers a cost-efficient way to permanently restore the beauty of your cabinets! A veteran owned business!...

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing /Restoration

Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing /Restoration

cabinet refacing202275002
Water damage and wear on kitchen cabinets restored in one day and for around a thousand dollars.

cabinet refacing (41)furniture refinishing (6)house painting (5)interior painting (2)

Candy H.

Daniel restored an antique mirror for me and did a beautiful job! The paint on my mirror is immaculate. After rejuvenating he took the time to cleans around the the area before leaving. Great job Daniel! 😊

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Category furniture repair

Work Completed On 08/26/2022

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 39851272

Thank you for the review!

Hedy G.

Brought our cabinets back to life. The cabinets look amazing.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing/Restoration

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

Thank you! I appreciate your business!

Mimi N.

Daniel was prompt and professional. He was able to bring back our 20 year old cabinets back to life in a few hours. The end results were beautiful. I will be hiring Daniel for another home to paint my cabinets!

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing/Restoration

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

I am glad you liked the work! Thank you very much for your business and the review!

Heather S.

Daniel did the most amazing job refinishing my kitchen cabinets!!! The look brand new - he is a true artist! Also very professional and punctual. 5 stars definitely!

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing/Restoration

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

05/25/2021

Rhonda L.

I love my new painted Kitchen cabinets. Daniel was very thorough and made sure I understood the process. I was a little apprehensive about having , but they are beautiful especially with the new hardware I had him to add

Description of Work
Cabinet Painting

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your business very much!

12/30/2020

joan E K.

Love my cabinets - they look like new! Huge, huge, difference. Dan said it would take one day and it was finished in a day, He was very nice and friendly throughout the process. I appreciate his advice regarding placement of the hardware. We will recommend his work to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Refinish kitchen cabinets and install hardware

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 39125541

Thank you so much for the review! I appreciate it very much!

10/21/2020

Lily J.

Daniel is very knowledgeable and easy going. Beautiful job!

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing and Refinishing

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

I appreciate your business! Thank you very much for your review!

10/02/2020

Steve B.

Daniel was timely and professional in his business dealing and the quality of his work was excellent.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing and Refinishing

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I really appreciate your business and thank you for the review!

10/31/2019

Kelly K.

Great job, great price. Daniel is professional and very good at his work. Would rate as AAA, but AL doesn't allow.

Description of Work
Cabinet refinishing

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

Thank you for your business! I appreciate it very much!

01/05/2019

Allan G.

Kitchen Cabinets are over 20 years old and was showing Age! Decided to try this process instead of redoing the cabinets which were estimated to cost around$3,000. Daniels was around 20% of this. Daniel did the project in about 3-4 hrs, no noticeable smell and it tuned out like when the cabinets were new. I was amazed. I would highly recommend this process and especially Dan. He is very customer focused and cares about his workmanship.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refinish

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

Thank you very much for your business!

11/18/2018

Jiwen C.

Had a 20 year old kitchen that needs some renovation. Got a few quotes from installing all new cabinet from scratch from dealers to cabinet resurfacing from Home Depot. Then I found Daniel. He is a very soft speaking person and very professional. He came in on time and gave me a thorough explanation how he is going to work on this with sample doors showing before and after. The quote is also very reasonable, which includes installation of new door hardware at my choice. I was sold on site. After signing the contract, everything else is simple. My wife confirmed the color I chose and then I went to Home Depot with Daniel to purchase the new door hardware. Daniel is a very reliable and pleasant person to speak to. By the end of that day, I was comfortable enough to leave all purchased supplies and the house key to Daniel, as the house was empty at the time and I would be gone for a month the next day. Daniel took three weeks to complete the job and fulfilled all his promises. But the time I came back, the kitchen cabinets all look brand new and my wife and I could not be more happy about what we got. To be honest, this is a cheap alternative to installing an all new cabinet or the expensive cabinet resurfacing program Home Depot sells. All Daniel did is to sand all surfaces of the cabinet and repainting them. He did a very good job on that. Still, you probably should not expect the work to be like an all new cabinet or the expensive cabinet resurfacing program Home Depot sells. I did have one door I found installed improperly and also had a few places with the new painting peeling off after a few months. But Daniel is very prompt in responding (within one hour, I remember) when I called him on the problems. And he also left me a can of paint so that I can do touch job fixing myself for those small places peeling off. Overall, I am very happy with this work Daniel did. If you do not want to spend 20k+ on the kitchen cabinets but still would like a fresh new look of your old kitchen, give Daniel a try.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet resurfacing and painting

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 37560502

Thank you for your business and the review!

07/06/2018

Anna O.

Daniel did some touch up to the cabinet refinishing that he completed in February after we had a new countertop and backsplash installed. He was able to come out to our house the day after I contacted him and completed the touch ups in only an hour. I would highly recommend Daniel for any refinishing work that you have. We love the brown stain, and it goes great with the additional updates that we had done. Our kitchen looks brand new!

Description of Work
Touch Up Refinishing.

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

05/23/2018

Nancy M.

Daniel did an outstanding job! He refinished my kitchen and bathroom cabinets and they look like new. That's really saying something for cabinets that have not had any refinishing since the house was built 42 years ago. He also installed pulls and knobs on the cabinets. I highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
kitchen and bathroom cabinets refinished

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

Thank you for your business and review! I am glad we were able to help!

05/21/2018

Tyler C.

Daniel did amazing. The stain on our cabinets wasn't in the best condition in some places, and he made it look better than new. He did all of the cabinets in the house. It went much quicker than I expected too. He's also a super nice guy and very easy to work with. Would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Restaining Cabinets

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 37084384

Thank you for your business!

02/05/2018

Barbara C.

Daniel was punctual, charged a reasonable price, worked efficiently and cleaned up as he went.

Description of Work
Daniel worked a miracle on our kitchen cabinets a few years ago. They were scratched and dull and when he finished they looked like new. He came back this time to work on the wood paneling on the walls, window sills, doors and fireplace in the living room and my office. Again, the restoration was amazing.

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

Thank you for your review!

02/02/2018

Anna O.

My wife and I would highly recommend hiring Daniel Mount of Gleam Guard Dallas for any wood refinishing projects that you have. We hired Daniel to refinish the 42 wood cabinets in our house from a golden Oak color to a custom medium brown Walnut. He refinished the cabinets in our kitchen, two bathrooms, and laundry room. He even refinished the wood railing on our stairs to match. He then added the protective layer of Gleam Guard over the new finish. Daniel is very friendly and the process was much cleaner than expected. There was virtually no dust from the light sanding that he did, and the refinish looks so good. It’s like we have brand new cabinets, and at a fraction of the cost of the quotes we got for refacing or replacement. Daniel also offered to install new hardware on the cabinets. He recommended a maker, and we ordered the handles and knobs on Amazon, which saved money. They look great.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refinishing

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 36801596

Thank you for your review! I am glad you like the cabinet refinishing and It was a pleasure meeting you both!

01/07/2018

Lynnette M.

This was a great experience. It's refreshing to do business with someone who shows up when they say & does exactly what they say they are going to. My cabinets in both bathrooms look awesome!

Description of Work
Refinish bathroom cabinets

Work Completed On 01/07/2018

01/02/2018

Pam R.

We wholeheartedly recommend Daniel Mount at Gleam-Guard Wood Refinishing to refinish your cabinets. Our kitchen cabinets are “pickled,” or whitewashed, which is something of a lost art. Daniel did a wonderful job, matching the previous finish perfectly, and at a very fair price. It was exactly what we wanted, and we couldn’t be happier. Many painters we contacted earlier wouldn’t even touch this job! The before and after photos just don’t do it justice. You won’t be disappointed! Daniel’s number is 972-804-0311.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets needed refinished which had originally been “pickled.”

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

Review for Gleam Guard Cabinet Refinishing of Dallas - 1124 N Fielder Road, Arlington, TX - 36716786

Thank you very much for your review! Your business is appreciated!

12/21/2017

Robert K.

Daniel is a true craftsman and a consummate professional - fantastic attention to detail. He knows his stuff and delivered both superb service and a great refinish of our woodwork - kitchen, bathroom, desk nook, bannisters and table. We couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Cabinet refinish

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

Thank you very much for your review. Your business is appreciated!

11/28/2017

PARTHO G.

Talked to several furniture finishers who wanted to take it to their workshop and do it, that will take considerable time and cost. I talked to Daniel and he explained to me that it would not involve the desk removed from the office and he can get it done in few hours and after giving it two days to dry, I will be able to use it. He was very prompt responding to my phone contact, came to see the desk and came back on a Friday to do the job on time. The desk looks great. He was very professional, reliable and honest - easy to deal with.

Description of Work
Needed glossy finish on a wood veneer expensive office executive desk I just bought.exactly the way I wanted.

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

It was a pleasure to do business with you! Thank you for the review and I really appreciate your business!

11/06/2017

john H.

Cabinets and ceilings look fantastic. Daniel is very detailed and takes pride in his work. Arrived at time he said he would be here or called if he was running even a little late. Can't say enough good things about Daniel and the work he does. Highly recommend that you contact him if you are interested in getting cabinets refinished. Work is excellent and cost is extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Refinish cabinets in utility room, half bath, hall bath and game room. Also refinished two ceilngs with wood trim. Existing finish was a light oak. Re-stained to a dark brown wood finish.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

Thank you for your business! I really appreciate the review! It was an honor to serve!

10/31/2017

Rhonda R.

I had moved into a 10 year old home with cabinets that were pretty darned grimy, scratched in multiple places and I simply wasn't having much success in getting them cleaned to my satisfaction myself. After getting estimates from several painters for either painting or restraining just the kitchen cabinets, I found Gleam Guard upon further research. Daniel gave me an approximate estimate over the phone and we scheduled a time for him to come out a few days later. He was able to efficiently clean, re-stain he scratched areas to match and refinish all cabinets in the kitchen and both bathrooms and all at a lesser cost than the painters estimated for only the kitchen. Now the cabinets look CLEAN and nearly brand new. Daniel was also kind enough to turn over three cabinet doors in the kitchen that, in my opinion, simply opened in the wrong direction and fixed the old hinge holes. I would definitely recommend Gleam Guard for cabinet refinishing and would use them again should I have the need again in the future.

Description of Work
Clean up, correct scratches and refinish kitchen and bathroom cabinets.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017