Cool Tech Mechanical

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2012

325 Crowley Road

Arlington, TX 76016

Cool Tech Mechanical are Air Conditioning and Heating specialists offering everything from system repairs to complete custom system design, replacement, preventive maintenance serving existing residential home owners, new construction single and multifamily and small and large commercial customers. Contact us for a free estimate on system replacement or for emergency services. Also serving Keller, North Richland Hills, River Oaks & White Settlement, TX....

08/29/2020

Lauren W.

We have used Cool Tech for at least 7-8 years to service our HVAC system at two different houses. We originally called them out this time (May 2020) because we had a bad water leak in our inside unit. We learned our drain pan was cracked and they gave us several different options. Our system was off-brand and older, and ultimately we decided to replace our entire HVAC system with something more efficient. We decided on a 16 SEER Trane with a 2 stage gas furnace. The house originally had a gas furnace, but was converted to electric at some point. This required some extra work to switch back to gas, but we are looking forward to the savings in the winter. Jon was helpful in answering my questions as we decided what we wanted to do. The new system has saved on electricity bills this summer and does a much better job of keeping the house cool in the peak of summer. We have not had the opportunity to use the furnace yet, but are hoping the 2-stage will make the house more comfortable and save money during the winter. I think there could be some improvement particularly with the install day. The crew left behind cigarette butts and some trash in our yard, which was frustrating (particularly the cigarettes). They left without explaining that we needed to call and schedule a service tech to come do the initial checkout of the new system, which left us unsure of what the next step was. When we tested it ourselves, we realized that the heat was not working. Our furnace had a bad part from the factory and had to be repaired. The service tech originally said they would get it fixed before winter, but my husband pressed to have it fixed immediately. Overall, we are happy with our new system and will continue to use Cool Tech to maintain it. We have had many "excellent" experiences with Cool Tech, though I would rate this experience as "good" with some room for improvement.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC System

06/23/2020

Willie H.

IT WAS TERRIBLE THE FIRST TIME THEY CAME OUT THEY WAS SUPPOSED TO SERVICE MY A/C AND THEY DIDN'T. AFTER THEY CAME THE A/C WAS MESSED UP NO AIR FOR TWO NIGHTS ME AND MY MOTHER AND SISTER SLEPT IN HEEAT. THE NEXT DAY THEY SENT A TECHNICIAN NAME EMANUEL OUT TO MY HOME HE WAS BLASY LIKE HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE HE CAME MY HOME WITH NO MASK WALKING ON MY CARPET WITH HIS BOOTS HE THEN MADE A COMMENT THAT MY HOME WAS COOL TO HIM COMPARED TO WORKING IN THE HOT SUN ALL DAY. THEN HE TOLD ME THAT HE DIDN'T KNOW WHEN THEY COULD GET BACK OUT HERE HE SAID IT WAS RAINING BUT IT WAS NOT .I GOT THE FEELING HE JUST DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT THE WORST COMPANY AND SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD MY WARRANTY COMPANY AMERICAN SHIELD RECOMMEND THEM AND IM NOT HAPPY WITH THEM EITHER FOR SENDING THEM OUT HERE 2 TIMES FOR NOTHING.

Description of Work
I NEEDED MY A/C SERVICED

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the Air Conditioning company that was recommended by your home warranty provider. But this was not our company. We have customer history records of every call we go on and your name and address are not in our system. We also do not work for any home warranty company and do not have a technician named Emanuel and never have. If we can help you resolve your cooling issue please let us know. We wish you the best in getting this resolved. Sincerely, Jon Kalp V.P. TACLA79262C Cool Tech Mechanical www.cooltechmechanical.com 817-404-4945 office 817-319-6338 cell

05/27/2020

Kathleen T.

I have used Cool Tech Mechanical for several years. Initially I contacted them because my zoned system (one unit, two floors) was not working properly - both zones were on all the time. (Zoned systems should be able to direct air to only one zone or both zones.) They improved the system to the greatest extent possible given the limitations of the original installation location. This included new ducting (replacing old ducting that was decaying) and dampers for each zone. Not perfect, but much better! Recently the 16 year old system needed to be replaced. The new system in a new location (attic vs. 2nd floor closet) has made an AMAZING difference in the efficiency of the system and the airflow throughout the house. Cool Tech really understands zoning and how to optimize a system. The technicians are knowledgeable, courteous and well trained. Their follow-through and follow-up are great!

Description of Work
Replace AC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review and kind words. We hope you get many years of comfort from your new zoned system

07/18/2019

Gwen B.

The technician, David, was out to our home in less than 2 hours after I phoned (and I didn't phone until middle of the afternoon). He was very courteous and gave us an explanation of the problem, along with a price for the repair. He found the regular drain exit under kitchen sink and told me to cover the drain to prevent the trash from flying over everything. Within a short time the problem was resolved and he told us how we could use white vinegar for regular maintenance in order to prevent the problem in the future. Really great service that prevented serious ceiling damage.

Description of Work
Central air conditioning had a stopped up condensation drain. Water was pouring out of the emergency overflow at about a gal per hour.

08/21/2018

Louis C.

I liked their coverage of tasks for semi annual tuneup. Called and was scheduled three days out. Technician showed up on time. I have three units. He cleared drain line on one unit and replaced two motor capacitors that were out of range. I am a Professional Engineer and am fully aware of the equipment issues. The repair prices were reasonable. I will definitely use Cool Tech Mechanical again for my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Spring tuneups

Thank you for the review and recommendation

08/06/2018

doug B.

Had one of those situation where you don’t know what something worked, but it did. That happened with my AC. The tech came out, reset my air handler and checked the thermostat and it works great now. That I found to be the best part was at no time did they try and up sell me or tell me I need a new unit. They are very honest and do a great job.

Description of Work
Needed to see why AC wouldn’t turn on.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the kind words and review. Our tech will never high pressure our customers for repairs or replacement of equipment.

08/06/2018

Rebecca P.

Great. Professional, honest, no problems with service call at all, highly recommend.

Description of Work
tune up on air conditioner, no other services needed at that time.

Thank you for the review and recommendation

07/06/2018

Lyn H.

Great. He knew how to handle a condominium unit and fixed the problem quickly.

Description of Work
Air conditioner wasn’t cooling properly.

05/22/2018

Robert G.

Cool Tech installed 2 new high efficency units in our house approximately 2 months ago and we couldn't be happier. Prior to the install, Jon answered all my questions (hundreds of them) with extraordinary patience, thoroughness and professionalism. His responses were always timely and knowledgeable. By the time we were ready for the install, I had no doubt it would be smooth as silk. (And it was). The install team was quick and when they were finished, it was cleaner than when they started! My wife did not even believe they had been here! After 6 weeks or so, the HVAC system is performing just the way that Jon said it would. With the variable speed technology, we couldn't be more comfortable & it is so quiet you don't even know anything is operating. I am hard to satisfy but Jon and his team were successful in making me completely delighted. It was a pleasure using Cool Tech for our new HVAC systems

Description of Work
Install new HVAC systems

05/17/2018

Trek E.

They might not be the best company out there but they do a great job. they were able to fix the problem on my air conditioning. they needed to come several times to find out what the problem was but eventually they were able to see that it was a major repair i needed for my air conditioning system and repaired, fixed the problem for me.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning System Maintenance & repair

Legacy Exteriors

Legacy Exteriors is a custom window replacement contractor and has installed beautifully crafted, energy efficient replacement windows in the Fort Worth area for over 20 years. Our focus is on you, the homeowner. You will always have access to the owner of the company. We personally manage every job and will inspect the work at the end of the project to ensure customer satisfaction, quality craftsmanship and a good clean up. Simply Put, We Don’t Cut Corners! Many companies install the same brands but the difference is in the installation process. Our installers have honed their trade over many years and many projects and come ready to expertly install quality windows, patios, and doors. What to expect: PREPARATION. Drop Cloths, Removal, & Prep For Install INSTALLATION. Expertly Installation & Insulation CLEAN UP. We Thoroughly Clean Up After Ourselves! INSPECTION. It’s Not finished Until You Are Happy For your convenience, we provide free estimates/design consultations.

Brennan Enterprises Inc

Serving DFW. Angie's Super Service Award for last 8 years. BBB A+ Rating. The Brennan family has been servicing the needs of the Texas homeowner since 1979 and plans on continuing to do so for generations to come. When we say we want to be your home improvement partner for life, we mean it. See website for additional service areas.**Please note we currently are not interior doors or repairs**

Offers by Brennan Enterprises Inc on Angi
    Window World of Dallas-Fort Worth

Window World of Dallas-Fort Worth is a family-owned and operated business, and believes home improvement should be a simple, stress-free process. We focus on customer service and product quality, helping homeowners throughout the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area achieve their renovation goals. From replacement windows and replacement doors to premium vinyl siding, all of our products offer superior energy efficiency, endless comfort, and help lower utility bills all year-round. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home estimate!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Air conditioning & heating replacement & repairs. Indoor air quality.

Duct Cleaning, appliance repair, complete building energy audits. Window replacement. Insulation. Weatherization. Attic ventilation.