Blackmon Mooring

Founded 1948 • With Angi since February 2004

4.4

315 N Great SW Pkwy

Arlington, TX 76011

"Since 1948, Blackmon Mooring has offered cleaning and disaster restoration services to families and businesses at the highest quality. At Blackmon Mooring, we pride ourselves on helping you keep your home or business clean and safe as well as recovering from life's unplanned disasters. Our Carpet

06/19/2018

Barbara and Michael F.

They packed up our things and stored them. Ripped out what was damaged by water. Then they told the mold test and cleaned the house. They got my home ready for the rebuild

Description of Work
mold remediation

Category mold removal

09/18/2017

Melinda & Michelle M.

Stay away from them! Their biggest thing is carpet cleaning, but about five and a half years ago when our house got hit by a tornado that's who we chose to fix our house. We had water damage and part of the roof missing. We actually ended up getting money from them because they are thieves. They are nothing but thieves. They packed all of our stuff up to be stored. While our stuff was in their possession, they seem to have the need to go through all of your stuff, in all of your boxes, and pick and choose what they want to steal from you. They are nothing but low-life S-O-B's. There's still things to this day that I find out are missing. How is it that all of your kid's CD's are packed in a box with other stuff and all of the CD's are missing. Or how is it that certain things are missing when you physically saw them put them in boxes. They returned a bookshelf to us stacked up in pieces and weren't even going to say anything. I have a $600 bicycle that was scratched to holy hell, and they were saying it was from the tornado. Pardon me but this bicycle was hanging in the garage by it's wheels, there's no way it could have been scratched like that. They don't have any problem with damaging or stealing your property. The wiring that they did apparently was illegal wiring. It's a 260W spotlight, I have no way to turn it off. They shine into my neighbor's house. They said they would get us good carpet - my dog has more fluff in it than this carpet did in three months. It was just the cheapest crap. They do things to take from you. They scratched the crap up out of our garden tub and they weren't even going to say anything with them. We had to get on them. There was still moisture in the bathroom carpet. It was a total headache. It's like they try to cut corners to try to take as much money as they possibly can from you. I built the shed myself; I had the tar paper for it, the shingles and everything. Their contractors took the shingles and everything and said they thought it was theirs. They had already roofed the roof weeks ago. It was back and forth trying to get payment for the personal property that they damaged and stole. It was just a nightmare. I would say anybody who needed anything done, stay away from them. Carpet cleaning - yeah. Duct cleaning - yeah. Re-modelling or anything else - stay away from them. They're just as bad as, if not worse than, those salesman that underhand and are just scumbags. At the end of our project, the guy who's over us just up and quit. Since he up and quit they were saying there was nothing they could do about it. It was just a back-and-forth thing. They are working as a little team to take money instead of having a good contractor come through. They ended up having to pay us money out for damages, but you go a year or two going through stuff, and you start noticing there's a lot more missing than what they gave you. Do not let them store your personal property. That would be my biggest thing. Consumer beware. Just pay to have your property stored somewhere else. There's things that can't be replaced.

Description of Work
We chose them to fix our house.

07/13/2017

Mary W.

Very professional, and knowledgeable about the necessary steps to clean up water damage and execute remediation protocol.

Description of Work
Plumbing leak in bathroom caused significant amount of water damage

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

12/23/2016

Patricia Q.

I have been using them every year for about 10 years.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning.

12/23/2016

Patricia Q.

They leave the carpet so soft! Price is reasonable. Punctuality was pretty good. Professionalism - the last 3 were good. I’ve used them every year for the last 10 years. It is just good service, they have never gone above and beyond, but you definitely get good service for the price.

Description of Work
For carpet cleaning I always use Blackmon Mooring. They cleaned the carpet in the whole house, all bedrooms, hallway, living room.

11/10/2016

Ronald M.

They are good. We will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I used them for carpet cleaning.

07/01/2016

Tucson L.

I moved all my furniture so they did not have to do that. I already moved it and it is not like they would not. Part of me was like they just did not have to work as hard. I think they were very thorough and friendly. They did a good job. The price was fair.

Description of Work
I used Blackmon Mooring. It is a carpet cleaning company. They cleaned three big rooms.

04/14/2016

Sandra M.

It ended up costing a lot more then I thought and they ended up doing more work that I was not sure of. They did a great job. I thought I would get the things for $199 but they added things to it. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Blackmon Mooring to clean air ducts and AC coils.

Category air duct cleaning

10/26/2015

Romona W.

My carpet was soaking wet. I called another one after that. Their price was okay. I can't remember any of this. It was way too wet, that was my only complaint. We did okay with cleaning, it was just that it was too wet. They had a good response.

10/26/2015

Karen P.

I wasn't impressed. There were still some spots on the carpet where the cat had hacked a hairball after they had cleaned. I know that it can be cleaned because it has been cleaned before. He didn't even try to clean it. He just told my husband he couldn't get it out.

Description of Work
They cleaned the carpet.

10/22/2015

Chris N.

We had an awful experience with them. They came in and they gave us a big song and dance about us needing to go with them because they take pictures of your stuff and make a handwritten list of everything and they keep your stuff in a climate controlled facility. They only thing they make a list of is anything that might be dented or broken, so they don't get accused of breaking anything themselves. They don't make a list of your own property. I've been moved before but I've never been treated like that. It was just awful. They were not my best friend. I would not recommend them to anyone. Then they told us they were going to bring everything and then they weren't. We had to have a safe moved and the guys were just looking in the closet, going "We can't do it. We don't know how to do that." So they sent some other guys out who said the same thing, that it couldn't be moved. Finally my husband just picked it up, put a skateboard under it and rolled it out of the closet. They're way more expensive. Their climate controlled warehouse is just a warehouse. There is no climate controlling. Stuff had melted and had bugs in it. We wouldn't use them again. They called and asked later how they did for their service. I told them everything and they never called back or responded. They brought this little tiny boxes and they put a couple of Christmas ornaments in one box or five or six CDs in a box. I was getting so mad when I was unpacking. They charge by the boxload and they wrapped and wrapped everything in paper. So they brought in this group of ladies that sat and visited and they just packed up tiny little amounts. Every one in awhile though we'd find a box where everything was just dumped in it. When they brought them in, they stacked the boxes almost to the ceiling and the bottom boxes all crushed because they were mostly empty. I can't tell you one nice thing about it. It took them six months to bring me back a damaged piece and when it came back, it was filthy dirty.

Description of Work
Our house flooded after our water heater upstairs broke, so they had to come and move our stuff out.

Category water damage restoration

10/22/2015

Katrina T.

They were referred to us by our insurance company. They did what the insurance company told them to do. There's certain things I wasn't happy with, but I didn't pick them. They did a decent job. There were some things we weren't pleased with, because we thought they were going to do some things and they didn't end up doing them. They were responsive and showed up every day like they said they would.

Description of Work
They cleaned up all the water after we had water damage.

Category water damage restoration

08/29/2015

Jim D.

Due to some prior problems with this company, I had asked the manager of operations to please send his best technician to inspect our HVAC ducts and air handling units, and determine if they should be cleaned. On the day of our scheduled appointment, two technicians finally arrived -- about two hours late! After inspecting both of our HVAC units, I was told that I had "old, gray ducts that would be damaged by their duct cleaning equipment." One of the technicians even showed me a photo of a duct that had exposed fiberglass on the inside. Since Blackmon Mooring doesn't install ducts, no work was performed. I called the HVAC company that I've used for over 25 years and asked them to perform an inspection of our systems. They found that one 7 foot duct was completely disconnected, and 2 elbows were loose and leaking air. The exposed fiberglass shown in the Blackmon Mooring photo was actually on the outside of duct. They did recommend that I replace one duct.

Description of Work
Inspected my HVAC ducts and air handling units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/28/2015

Jim D.

Horrible! I usually use Dalworth for this type of work, but got sucked in by Black Mooring's "3 rooms for $199" add. By the time we added pillows and sofas, the cost was $489.29 -- about $85 more expensive than my Dalworth estimate! Two guys showed up. One of them did all the work, while the other -- who was supposed to clean our baseboards -- literally did nothing but stand around and talk, while messing with his smartphone. I was very busy that day and my wife was shopping while the work was being done. Thus, I paid them without inspecting their work. When my wife got home, she pointed out that: 1. There was a very visible 2 inch tear on the arm of one of our sofas. There was no way the technician did not know that he had damaged the sofa, yet he didn't say a word about it. 2. The baseboards were filthy (we had just completed a total remodel of our master bath and there was dust all over our (house!) A Blackmon Mooring manager came to inspect the damage to the sofa. We agreed that his upholsterer could use material from a matching ottoman cushion to repair the sofa. They did a very good repair job, but we had to sacrifice an ottoman cushion! They also sent a technician out to clean our baseboards and refunded the entire $489.29.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in 3 rooms, cleaned 4 pillows and 2 sofas. I also paid extra to have them clean the baseboards in 4 rooms.

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning, remodeling, upholstery cleaning

07/14/2015

Mariann V.

The gentlemen arrived in uniform and wearing booties. I called because they had a special going on, but of course, I had too many vents and returns and it ended up costing a lot more than I wanted to spend. But, considering that I have never, ever, had the ducts cleaned. It was well worth it! I actually saw all the stuff that came out. It was just horrifying! I am so glad I had it done.

Description of Work
Cleaned out all the vents and returns. Cleaned furnace/ac

Category carpet cleaners, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

07/06/2015

Kurt M.

Tony Bay showed up on time, seemed knowledgeable and surveyed my project. He mentioned several times that Blackmon Mooring generally does larger jobs involving, flooding, fire, mass destruction, etc. I should have known that what he was really saying was "your project is too small for our big company". He told me he would consult with their structural engineer, their roofer and someone else and get back to me. Never heard from him again. I have called him twice since that time with no response. Tony, if your big company doesn't do jobs like this, why don't you just say that and we'll all move on. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Looked at my project said he'd get back with me.

05/22/2015

Alex K.

The crew arrived as scheduled and were very friendly. They did a very good job of getting out stains. The carpets look great. I especially like that their steam-cleaning leaves no residual smell.

Description of Work
Blackmon Mooring steam-cleaned my carpets throughout my house, including carpeted stairs. They pre-treated stains, steam-cleaned, and applied a stain-resistant protectant afterward.

05/04/2015

Gary W.

i had a major fire in my home. Blackmon Mooring was the company I chose and I do not regret it. Richard Cox and his crew did a fantastic job rebuilding my house. They went above and beyond expectation. They took great pride in their work, even giving me some extras I wasn't expecting. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
House rebuild.

12/27/2014

Senthia B.

They showed up on time, did an excellent professional job and I was super happy. Can't find anything wrong to complain about. They even moved a big piece of plywood for me to the garage. I'll definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out dryer vent Shampooed carpets pressure/steamed tile floor Cleaned out all HVAC ducts

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, floor cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

12/15/2014

Victor M.

Our house was struck by lightening and caught fire. No one was injured, but the house was extensively damaged by the fire and the firemen's effort to safely fight the fire. Everything from the ceiling up was destroyed - most of the dry wall was either destroyed by the fire fighting effort or the water used to extinguish the fire. Blackmon Mooring was on-site within a few hours of the fire and worked through the night to do all they could to limit the damage and to save what was salvageable. There are too many services they provided to fully describe all that they did . . . but from the smallest item, such as preserving my 92 year-old mother's lifetime of memories, to the protection, removal, restoration of my 6-foot grand piano- to the complete rebuilding of our house - they did it all with professionalism and compassion. It took almost 7 months to complete all the repairs and to move us back in to our home - but all the work is now complete - the house is as good as new - it is almost completely new - new walls, floors, attic and roof - and even though most of the wall framing was not removed - not a hint of smoke smell. Blackmon Mooring took care of us. They did a wonderful job of everything that they did - we could not be happier with their work. After the fire, we didn't really know where to start and who we should contact to help us. Now that this is finally over - I could not be happier with the work of Blackmon Mooring.

Description of Work
After our house fire, Blackmon Mooring did the following: Removed all the water and damaged house structure and ruined furniture and furnishings Covered and protected all moderately damaged items including our Grand Piano, Kitchen and dining ware, Art work Secured the house from further water damage and from any potential looting Cleaned, packed up and transported all surviving household goods to their secured storage facility Helped us through the insurance claim process Helped us work with the Bank Was the general contractor for the reconstruction of the house - using their sub-contractors Arranged the required Arlington City inspections and the required Bank Inspections

Category carpet cleaners, moving companies, remodeling, water damage restoration

12/11/2014

Tamara M.

The salesperson explained that every square inch of the house would be deep cleaned with a special cleaning product to get rid of the curry smell. The people left with FOOD still on the countertops, curry oil on the ceiling, cabinets, and backsplash. The MOST important room, the kitchen was the least clean. There was also dirt on the walls in one bedroom that cleaned up easily when I did it, which tells me that I did not get what I paid for. Bathroom faucets still had stains that were later removed with a proper cleaning. My painter ended up cleaning most of the problems in order to get the new paint to stick. It still upsets me that after paying such a hefty price, I did not get the cleaning job that was promised. I should have been offered some of the money back, because it is obvious that this SPECIAL product was not used everywhere like it was promised.

Description of Work
A process to get rid of the smell of curry.

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, house cleaning

12/10/2014

Jean S.

We phoned them, they provided an estimate, we hired them, they came out on time and finished the project in about 30 minutes. Excellent service, very nice workers. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in the great room and master bedroom. This is high quality carpet and they did a very good job on it. We will use them again.

12/03/2014

Oleta S.

Arrived on time and went to work immediately very professional and there was no dust because the device the used pulled it all out as it was distracted from the vents. First time I had it done and have lived here 37 years. Made a difference it way house smells. Will able to tell more after dusting a few times now that the heat is on. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
CLEANED ALL AIR DUCTS AND RETURS IN HOUSE AND ALL THE COVERS.

10/04/2014

Tim S.

(Read further for the difference between BM and another outfit) A two man crew arrived on time in a professional looking truck dressed in clean uniforms. We counted vents and air returns to confirm the number and then the lead man did a quick inspection. He determined he would have to remove 3 of the ducts from the plenum in order to fully clean them. I agreed to all charges before they began. They set up by bringing in a very large (4x3x3) vacuum and a 6-8" clear duct. Large plastic corner protectors were placed through the house to protect corners from their hoses and tubes. Pads were put on the floor to protect it. While the supervisor worked in the attic, the junior member of the crew removed all the vent covers and cleaned them with a brush and water. I did not ask if they were using bleach to make sure the mold was killed. But the ducts came out looking good even when there was mold growing on the duct before cleaning. After the ducts were cleaned from the attic AC units down, they then went to each vent opening in the house and cleaned from the vent up towards the AC units. This ensured good coverage. I could see huge chunks of dust being sucked down into the vacuum. Everything was put back together and all the debris cleaned off the floor and anywhere else it ended up. The last thing I had them do was to spray a disinfecting spray throughout the AC system. For that we had to leave the house for 2 hours. Excluding the disinfecting spray, the process of cleaning took 7 hours. They did a great job and we were very pleased. Now let me tell you the difference between Blackmon Mooring and another vendor. The other vendor said it would take an hour to clean the ducts and another hour to clean out mold. I told them to just clean the ducts. Cost was $125. The other vendor's brush was worn down to a hunk of plastic. After they were done I could see dust in the return ducts. Blackmon Mooring cleaned after the other vendor had already "cleaned" and I saw HUGE CHUNKS of dust being sucked out of the vent. Blackmon Mooring also cleaned from both the AC units and the vents so the entire system got cleaned. Bottom line: Nothing is free. It cost me 9x what the other duct cleaner cost. BUT the amount of work put into cleaning my ducts by Blackmon Mooring shows that you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Cleaned ducts to remove mold. Cleaned both at the AC unit and output vents. Cleaned AC registers/vent

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, house cleaning, air duct cleaning, mold removal

09/29/2014

lorene S.

He did real good service. I've been here for 18 years and I never had the vents cleaned. I have a big houses that is 3,500 square feet. There was a lot of stuff to clean. They got here at 9 am and they didn't leave until 8:30 pm so it took them all day. They were very good. It was 2 young men. They went up in the attic and checked what they needed to do and then they sat down with me and explained what they were going to have to do during the day and gave me an estimate. They asked if I wanted to do everything. I said yes because I could just see the dust after I cleaned. They explained everything as they went. It was expensive. I had more ducts than I thought because we didn't count the ducts in the hallways. They first gave a bid of $1,000 and then added $250 for the additional vents. The price was fine. I was just glad to get it done. They took pictures of everything they were going to clean to show me. My neighbors recommended them. They were right on time for the appointment. We had to leave the house for 2 hours because they had to spray each room for all the contamination. They were very professional and they did what they needed to do.

Description of Work
They cleaned my A/C vents, heating vents and all the vents in my house.

Category air duct cleaning