Accent Pools

Founded 1978 • With Angi since November 2004

1028 W Pioneer Pkwy

Arlington, TX 76015

Family owned & operated. Award winning....

07/13/2017

Chris C.

Agreed on pool heater install with employee named Noee and they never showed for the appointment and never even called. I made it clear we needed it done before a big party or else I needed to use a different company! Noee said no problem, I rescheduled and can you believe they didn't show AGAIN!!!! No call AGAIN!! Ridiculous. I have since left messages for not only Noee but 2 other employees and have never received a call back. Took off work for both appts and they were a no show both times! Called today and could not reach a live person at all 7 extensions. Terrible service! By the way, they installed our pool 12 years ago and on the first day of install they cracked our newly poured concrete driveway in half and refused to repair it! It was a $70,000 pool and they would not do a $600 repair!!! BEWARE! They take your money but follow up or service is terrible! I don't see how they are still in business!!!

Description of Work
pool built and heater install

Category pool cleaners

Part of what this homeowner has said is true, in that we did accept the work and then canceled the call. One of the two techs who was scheduled to do the install had a family emergency the night before and had to be out of work for 5 days. Not the homeowner's fault at all, but it was a legitimate family emergency that could not have been avoided so the install, along with other service work, had to be canceled. However, it is completely untrue that we didn't show up and didn't call. The service manager that is referenced (Noe) called this homeowner first thing in the morning, and talked to him. The homeowner wasn't happy, and that is completely understandable, but to say we didn't call is simply not true.

03/16/2017

Michelle R.

Talked with them and they said they would call on Monday to set up date and time. Never heard back form them. It has been over a month.

Description of Work
Called to meet with someone to look at tile repair and talk about weekly service.

Category pool cleaners

[Member Name Removed] - we went through the database and searched for your name and address, and asked our service manager and remodel manager, and nobody has a record of talking with you and we don't have a contact number. Please call us and we would be happy to help you. At a minimum I would like to speak with you to find out who you spoke with. My extension is 102.

02/01/2016

Ann H.

It couldn't have gone better. A year ago, we had another company replace the coping , tile and replastered the pool. The work was done very well, but the owner/supervisor was hard to contact for questions and several things had to be redone. He also put the wrong finish on the pool surface. Which is why we were looking for a different company to do the decking and repair. Accent was prompt, professional and always easy to contact and listen to our questions. They did a wonderful job and I would use them again. They have our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Accent Pools took out and replaced the decking of our swimming pool, fixed several leaks, replaced a skimmer and piping.

10/13/2015

Anthony C.

I went to Accent Pools as they were the original company who built the pool. Weekly maintenace is great and on time with reasonable rates.

Description of Work
Hired Accent Pools to perform weekly pool cleaning maintenance after having tried a few local folks.

08/10/2015

Monica O.

It went pretty good. there were times of miscommunication and false advertisement. This was extremely disappointing but the pool came your beautiful. We are kind of on the fence about using them for maintenance and pool service.

Description of Work
New heated saltwater build with patio

06/17/2015

Lori B.

Accent built our first pool in Mansfield, TX and built our second pool in Southlake, TX. They build quality pools and the owners are very involved in the build process. We've called for service on our Polaris and a few other items over the last few years. It sometimes takes a day or so to talk with someone live but traditionally, once contact is made- the visit is scheduled and everything is taken care of to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Accent built our first pool in Mansfield, TX and built our second pool in Southlake, TX. Service has been provided multiple times for our Southlake pool.

07/22/2014

Cheryl P.

Pool construction was A+ and we love our new pool, however, dealing with the owners was a challenge. We had issues over a $200 downspout, which at which time, one of the owners called and when we answered, he was yelling in a very loud, aggressive and confrontational tone using swear words. The downspout issue was resolved to our satisfaction, but then they refused to sell us a pool slide. We found working with the one owner in particular, to be very unprofessional and immature. We have built 3 houses and had other pools and never had a cross word with any of the contractors. Accent builds a wonderful and beautiful pool, but doubt we would work with them again due to their unprofessional, confrontational, and petty behavior.

Description of Work
Designed and construction of pool

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

This is the 3rd review posted on Angie's List by this customer (she deleted the other two) so this will be our final response to the complaint. As the customer mentioned, everything went perfectly during construction of the pool. Without getting into too much detail on the downspout, the customer was specifically told before construction began that if the downspout emptied out on existing concrete it would be up to them to have their gutter company out to reroute the downspout, but that Accent would handle any downspouts that emptied out on the new concrete that we poured. This was confirmed in an email, and again addressed during construction while standing in the customer's backyard. That is exactly what we did. When the customer sent an email voicing their displeasure that the downspout in question wasn't handled by Accent, one of the owners called the customer to remind them of the multiple conversations and the email regarding the downspout. When the customer answered the phone, he immediately got heated and accused the owner of being a liar. This is when the conversation got heated between both parties. The owner who designed the pool forwarded the customer the email proving the earlier conversation about the downspout being the homeowner's responsibility, but in an effort to make the customer happy agreed to hire a gutter company to take care of it so the customer didn't have to. After that was taken care of and the pool was complete, the customer came back and emailed that owner for a price to add a slide. This was not part of the original contract and the pool was complete. Taking into account the way things had gone at the end of the construction, that owner decided it would be better to not enter into another contract with the customer, so he politely declined the work and gave the customer referrals to 2 other companies who could potentially perform the work for them. In the end this customer had work completed on the gutter that they know was never part of the original contract. Even if the 2 conversations were forgotten, the email proved they knew it was their responsibility. In an effort to make the customer happy Accent took the hit and had the work done, but based on that didn't feel comfortable performing any extra work for this customer.

05/05/2014

Cary S.

First, this review is regarding their service ONLY-- they build a GREAT pool and I would highly recommend that anyone choose Accent to build their pool They built my pool 8 years ago and it turned out great! Unfortunately, their ongoing maintenance service is not as good. I have used them for weekly chemical services and regular equipment maintenance for my pool for the last several years and I kept giving them and quot;one more chanceand quot; too many times. The incident that was the last straw is pretty typical of what I've dealt with over the length of the service. A month ago, the service scheduler called and said that the weekly service tech recommended a filter clean and wanted to know if this was ok, since it would be an additional charge. I okayed this and she said she would get it scheduled. A couple weeks later, a different person called and said the same thing. I sighed and said that I'd okayed this a couple weeks ago. She said that she would get it on the schedule and quot;next Wednesday.and quot; The following Monday I received a voicemail that my regular weekly service would not be done because the tech had a family emergency. I received a call the next day saying that service would be delayed again since the tech was still out, but that they would have someone there the next day. I said, and quot;ok, so the filter clean will get done then too, right?and quot; She paused and I could tell she had no idea what I was talking about. At that point, I should have just put an end to it, but I responded that if they wanted to remain my service provider that I needed my service to be completed the next day and that the filter clean would be done too. And that I wanted a call back the next day confirming that the service was done (often I would have no idea that they had been there to fix something until I received a bill). I received a voicemail about 7 pm the next day saying that they and quot;hadn't gotten to itand quot; and when the scheduler called me back the next day, I terminated their service. I would not have done this if this had been the only incident, but this was just a repeat of continued problems of this type and I really can't believe that I kept it up as long as I did-- especially when I have already hired another company at a lower price.

Description of Work
Weekly chemical service, plus filter clean and maintenance as needed

11/29/2013

Brant R.

Rudimentary pool design. $1500 "design fee" by general contractor Mike Medford was unnecessary as Accent would have done that for no cost. Accent is high and the designs were very basic -- not too near the level of sophistication and quality from others.

Description of Work
I contacted Accent Pools.

Category swimming pools

We are extremely surprised to receive this review. Accent Pools did not perform any work for [Member name removed]. We were contacted by a general contractor who was submitting bids to [Member name removed]to try and secure a contract to make over [Member name removed] backyard. The GC does not build swimming pools so he asked Accent Pools to put together a design and bid so that it could be included in his bid. We put together the proposal using the specifications given to us. If the design was rudimentary, with which we disagree, it's because the specifications given to us were rudimentary. Essentially Accent Pools put together a design and bid using specifications given to us and submitted it. That is the extent of the "work" completed for [Member name removed] by Accent Pools. The design fee he paid to the GC is between them and has nothing to do with Accent Pools.

05/22/2013

Kent T.

I have used them years ago and just used them again last week. He came out and looked at my pools water valve that wasn't pumping water. He was able to tinker around with the valve and that was awesome. This was just a service call and he knew exactly what he was doing, because it has been working ever since.

Description of Work
This was a service call for my pool valve.

Landscaping Over Texas

At Landscaping Over Texas we offer a variety of services. Our goal is to improve the quality of your lawn, home value, and for you to love coming home to well taken care of lawn. We value integrity, hard work, and commitment. We are always seeking growth as individuals and as a company and always look to be a positive influence in anyone we come in contact with. As they say, everything is bigger in Texas, and as such is the love and passion we have for what we do. When you a hire us you are hiring a team that is more like family and has over 8 years of experience in this craft. Call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE and from the bottom of the Landscaping Over Texas family's heart, thank you for visiting our profile. We hope to hear from you very soon!

Offers by Landscaping Over Texas on Angi
    Fs Sprinklers Repair

Irrigation system repair&maintence, Landscape illumination, Christmas lights, Drainage, Sprinklers repair and full system check up

Integrity Pools

Integrity Pools specializes in pool service, equipment repair and remodel. Our pool remodel work ranges from tile repair to complete backyard transformations. See photos on our profile or visit our website www.integritypools.org

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Pool repairs, maintenance, construction & remodeling.