A&M Landscaping - Armando Alvarez

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2008

A&M Landscaping services has been a family owned and operated business since the year 2000. We have now recently expanded our business and built a plant nursery with a large assortment of evergreens, color, and different type of soils to cater to our customer needs. Our main goal is to create the

lawn & landscaping (49)lawn care (28)tree service (11)hardscaping (10)irrigation system (7)Patios (6)mulch delivering (5)stone & gravel (4)masonry (4)drain pipe installation (3)hauling (3)handyman (3)

07/16/2020

Carl D.

A&M were double-digit-percent cheaper than another bid AND they were able to do the work weeks sooner. They started on the day they scheduled and finished the next day, they had a huge crew working that obviously knew how to 'knock it out'. Wife and I are very happy. Communication is sometimes slow, but that seems like the closest thing to a complaint I can think of. I suspect they are busy, other landscapers seem to be at this time. I guess the virus epidemic is causing a lot of landscaping to be planned!?

Description of Work
Flagstone patio in front, grill 'pad' in back yard.

Category drain pipe, patios

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad that we were able to help you and meet your standards on your project. If you need any other work let us know so we can further assist you. Have a great week!

06/25/2018

Ron D.

The Company was on time, did the work efficiently and well.

Description of Work
Repair Work

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

05/16/2018

Glenn & Kay E.

We have used A&M for all our landscaping and regular maintenance of the yard for over 15 years and we've never been disappointed. We lived in South Arlington for years and neighbors often asked who handled all our landscaping needs so they could call A&M and get the same great work done in their yards. We moved to North Arlington a couple of years ago, and A&M continues to provide great service for us at our new location. The growth this company has experienced over the last several years is an excellent indicator that they are doing lots of things right!

Description of Work
Landscaping, tree removal, tree trimming and regular mowing

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

03/23/2018

Theresa M.

Front flower beds and side of house were completely emptied and built back up with proper drainage. We used low mail plants and river rock. They also moved a big boulder from my back yard to the front and added others to match. Concrete work was done in the back. Excellent work, nice and respectful crew. The owner was very detailed.

Description of Work
Total landscaping and concrete work

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

03/14/2018

Tony, Mary E.

Wonderful, Called A&M Landscaping on Monday morning, Mario Alvarez (Owner) was able to come give an estimate on Wednesday morning, work started on Thursday morning and they were done Friday afternoon. Work took two full days, biggest reason were the large stumps had to be taken down about a foot and half so landscaping soil could be laid and then grass put on top. Mario oversaw the work and the young men who actually did the work were neat and careful to not damage any other part of the yard. Will call them again for my landscaping needs. His work site is on South Cooper 1800 Lomite Ln.

Description of Work
Had three large trees removed last summer, and needed to level ground and plant grass

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, rototilling, tree service

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

03/11/2018

Michele W.

I contacted A&M about doing front yard landscape edging. We sent emails back and forth to decide on a mutually agreeable time and dates--which was on 27 February 2018 at 1230. I was home from 1200-1430 and no-one showed/no phone call/no message as to why they were not coming. There was rain in the area that day but it was not raining at the appointment time. It would have been nice for them to call/email/message to let me know that they could not make it. We have found another company who was timely and professional.

Description of Work
Landscape Edging

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

10/04/2017

Harvey S.

The crew arrived on time, they were professional, they removed a section of fence to admit a backhoe, and they filled in the hole and leveled the dirt to the original shape of the yard. When the work was finished, they gave me instructions on how to make sure the ground will settle properly.

Description of Work
I had an old pond, basically a hole in the ground, that needed to be filled inane leveled.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

07/19/2017

Sandra L.

Great!! Did a beautiful job on trees & shrubs. Did thorough job of cleaning up debris.

Description of Work
Trim trees & shrubs. Mulch flower beds.

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

05/01/2017

Katy W.

Always on time and great follow-up. You will love these guys!

Description of Work
PUT IN A FLAGSTONE PATIO AND BORDER LANDSCAPING IN THE FRONT. BEAUTIFUL!

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

04/20/2017

Lisa K.

Most didn't return my calls, but I appreciate that he did. While someone's review said he wouldn't return calls during the day, once I left my initial msg, I had to run out and he DOES call - and I missed it. LOL. We played phone tag for a bit, then I got really sick and we never did connect. I rate this person so high because he seemed very professional on the phone & quicker than I though possible, he was reaching back out. When I have something again (maybe Fall), I hope to reach back out ... will give another review if I do - Thanks!

Description of Work
raking leaves in yard for Spring, thatch removal for grass seed

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

04/12/2017

Bruce H.

Excellent workmanship, responded quickly and charged a reasonable price.

Description of Work
replaced rusted out metal mailbox in brick column, repaired and restored brick

Category masonry

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

03/20/2017

Marilyn O.

I was very pleased with their work and care for the customer. The new patio is exactly want I wanted. Looks great.

Description of Work
removal of flagstone patio and replacement with patio using pavers

Category patios

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

11/12/2016

James R.

Armando came out to give an estimate and spent 1 hour reviewing the project with me. He said- "you will have the estimate by the end of the day tomorrow." At the end of the next day I called him and her said I am sorry you will have the estimate by 9:30AM tomorrow morning. It is now 2 days later I have no estimate and he is not returning message I left on his cell phone and at the office. After the lack of response and broken promises I will not be using his services.

Description of Work
Retaining wall, fill, sidewalks, and landscaping work in backyard. $10,000 + project.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 11/12/2016

10/14/2016

John M.

I could not be more satisfied. All of the work was accomplished in one day. I really did not expect that the work could be finished in one day but Armando brought seven workers. These guys are obviously very experienced. Armando's vision of design was spot on. I now know how to call when I need landscape help. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Clean out existing yard beds and redesigned plantings

Category concrete repair, landscaping

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

09/14/2016

Gerald M.

They do a great job. They come in spring and fall..

Description of Work
They did mowing service.

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

09/14/2016

Gerald M.

They are reliable and they do an overall great job.

Description of Work
They usually do a seasonal cleanup.

Work Completed On 08/14/2016

09/06/2016

sandra B.

They did wonderful. There was some poison ivy in with the growth and they cleaned everything out and carried it off. Was right on time and worked fast and efficient.

Description of Work
I had an overgrown area that needed cleaning.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/06/2016

08/19/2016

Bruce B.

Mr. Alvarez was very easy to get a hold of and quick to come out to give me an estimate. I explained what I wanted done and he then told me what he could do. It all sounded good from what he said, and it looked good on paper, but I was so happy when I saw the completed job. It looks even better than I had hoped for. He clearly used quality materials and his crew did a fantastic job. I would not hesitate using A&M Landscaping for future projects.

Description of Work
A sidewalk (paver blocks, not concrete) and short retaining wall built along the side of my house.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/21/2016

03/23/2015

JUDITH B.

They did an excellent job! I paid extra to have the fence stained and it is beautiful! They were efficient and professional!

Description of Work
They tore down my old fence and built a new one.

Category fencing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/23/2015

06/20/2014

Gerald M.

Very thorough, efficient, and professional. Armando discussed what and how we wanted the job accomplished.

Description of Work
Cleaned several large flower/shrubbery beds, applied pre-emergent! Planted bushes! Dug and laid rock for a dry creek bed. They also cleaned up, weeded, weed whacked, mowed, etc.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/19/2014

05/26/2014

Dawne S.

Armando and his team conducted the following re-landscaping for me: - removed all grass, one tree and ~ 35 small bushes - distributed and folded-in new top soil - planted approximately 120 plants and two trees - laid river rock, creating a stream bed effect from one end of my yard to the other - placed crushed granite base where flagstones were to go; then laid flagstones for a natural-looking walkway from one end of yard to the other - placed statues - checked irrigation system to ensure placement and flow OK with new layout - cleaned up and hauled off all debris - picked up tree from purchased location and delivered to home for planting Armando and his team were there when they said they would be every day. They worked very hard, were patient and professional - including when I sometimes re-directed layout, other details of installation. The job took 2 1/2 days, as predicted, and was completed with my full satisfaction. I will use them again and have given their name to others!

Description of Work
Provided labor for re-landscaping of yard.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

05/09/2014

anita B.

It was wonderful. They did a really nice job. I thought their price was very reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I used A & M Landscaping Service last year for landscaping. They did a patio for me and leveled all the pavers, put some gravel, and cleaned out all stuff.

Category handyman service, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 03/13/2013

04/30/2014

Tanya P.

They did a great job and will use them again!

Description of Work
Had them come and trim trees and get the spring cleaning on the yard. Also had a team come and find a wire to get sprinkler system going all over again. They even changed a few sprinkler heads! Very nice and courteous.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service