A-Ward Custom Installations

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2007

6100 W Pioneer Pkwy Ste 112

Arlington, TX 76013

A-Ward Custom Installations, dba A-Ward Tile, Inc., is a family-owned installation service company. We specialize in the installation of all types of flooring, tub to shower conversions, custom showers, kitchen backsplashes & countertops, and more. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship and making sure you have a wonderful installation experience. As longstanding members of the Better Business Bureau and NTCA (National Tile Contractors Association), we're dedicated to providing quality installation services to beautify your home and provide you with years of enjoyment. We partner with several conveniently located retail stores throughout the metroplex who are happy to provide the quality products of your choosing. We are insured and EPA certified for your peace of mind. We're a cut above the rest! As our late founder, Gil Ward liked to say, we are “competitive as heck” and that is still true after over 30 years of excellent service in the DFW area of Texas. ...

10/17/2021

Glenn C.

Good communication, reasonable pricing and final product installed in a professional manor ... This is the second time I have used A-Ward and can say that both experiences were positive.

Description of Work
Apron 40 ceramic tiles replaced

06/27/2019

Deanne M.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful job to be done! The workers were professional, on time and cleaned up after themselves! They went above and beyond my expectations. They were extremely patient and professional when I was feeling overwhelmed :)

Description of Work
Removed glue down hardwood flooring, leveled cement foundation, and reinstalled 1600 ft of glue down hardwood floors. Installed the baseboards after the flooring.

Category flooring contractor

We are so excited you had a great experience! Thank you for selecting us to handle your flooring project, it was a challenging installation that took time and great effort to make correct. We certainly appreciate your business and thank you for the great review. Please keep us in mind for any future flooring, kitchen, or bath needs that you may have.

04/11/2019

Anne W.

From start to finish, the job was well done. The installer was courteous and professional. He covered the floor from project to front door each day of the job, even though the second day was only grout. He said he wanted to protect our floors. The job turned out beautiful. The management handled payment via email, which is super convenient. We would highly recommend and use again!

Description of Work
Fireplace tile

03/28/2019

Amanda R.

They showed up on time exactly when they said they would. Fast, professional, clean and perfect quality. I could not ask for anything better. This is our second experience with A-Ward and I have no complaints.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor tile

07/21/2016

William S.

Award tile sent out another two guys to install a tile backsplash and they took down all my trim work under and around the cabinets in my kitchen. Award has not returned in almost 3 months to put it back despite several calls.

Description of Work
They installed a floor in my house through Lowes and the subcontractors they sent did a great job.

Category flooring contractor

03/25/2016

Gregory S.

A-Ward was subbed by KAT Fabricators (see separate review) for our kitchen remodel. My first conversation with A-Ward (Larry) was a few days after we met with KAT. Larry was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Larry asked a few questions about the job and then sent over his final proposal. We had another bid that was far more expensive so of course we went with A-Ward. We bought the backsplash tile and floor tile on our own. My wife had created a backsplash design that she wanted behind the cooktop. The morning A-Ward arrived they reviewed it and got to work. Anyone who has done a kitchen remodel knows how dirty the floor demo is but A-Ward took as much care as possible to keep the mess to a minimum. The new countertops had previously been installed and after 5 days, we had a beautiful newly remodeled kitchen. The tile work done by A-Ward was top notch and the installers were extremely punctual, professional and courteous. I would highly recommend A-Ward for your next tile or flooring work.

Description of Work
A-Ward installed our new kitchen backsplash and floors.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

11/17/2015

Nancy S.

I purchased the tiles for my backsplash through Home Depot. A-Ward is the company that installs tiles for Home Depot in my area. Once the tiles and grout were in stock the company scheduled the installation. They called me on a Friday and the tiles were installed the following Monday. The installer was professional and performed the installation with great attention to detail. I could not have asked for a better job. It is always nice when an installation is quick, professional and painless. Thank you for making my new backsplash an outstanding experience. :)

Description of Work
This company installed a new backsplash in my kitchen.

11/24/2014

JOYCE W.

Excellent job. We had another contractor bid the job with a designer picking the tile. A-Ward came in at half the price and was able to get us a discount on the designer's tile selection. The Crew was very professional, skilled and the job was completed in 3 days. They stayed late to make sure the schedule was on time. Communication was great through out the whole project.

Description of Work
Demo existing tile in kitchen, bath and laundry room. Prepare the floor and replace with new tile and seal the grout.

10/09/2014

nancy R.

I was very pleased with the service they performed. Luke with A-Ward Custom Installations was very knowledgeable and in contact with me throughout the whole job. The tile men and plumber were very prompt, professional, clean and did excellent work! I just love the job they did and will use them again for the remaining bathroom upgrades I plan on doing next month.

Description of Work
The job was to remove existing tile in shower of bathroom and install new tile and shower fixtures.

03/13/2014

Tom E.

Both workers came every day (all three of them) on time and ready to work. They were very polite, professional and competent. This is the 5th or 6th time we have used A-Ward and everyone they have sent has the same characteristics. Needless to say, we are VERY please with their work (carpet, tile and parquet installations).

Description of Work
Replacement of pass bathroom tile floor. Removed old floor (also tile) and installed new tiles. Also repaired wood parquet floors in living room and kitchen.

01/09/2014

Jeffery S.

The work was performed timely and professionally as follows: Removed existing vinyl flooring. Scraped subfloor to remove existing adhesive and mastic. Removed toilet and wax ring. Installed hardy backer board subflooring. Removed wall tiles in tub surround and installed new tub fixtures and trim kit. Laid 100 sq ft of porcelain tile using fusion grout.Rolled and tucked carpet in 3 doorways. Caulked around tub. Replaced wax seal ring and reseated toilet. Their work was exemplary. You can't go wrong with these guys.

Description of Work
Removed existing vinyl flooring and installed porcelain tile in a Jack & Jill bathroom in our home.

05/20/2013

David L.

This is the second job A-Ward has done at my house and both were good experiences. The quality of the work was good and the craftsmen were very easy to work with and respectful of my home

Description of Work
Installed 500 sq ft of ceramic tile plus shower, tub, backsplash

01/25/2013

Gretchen G.

The tile was removed, new tile laid and then the baseboards were installed. Augustine and Alex did a wonderful job of both and cleaned up the mess afterwards. They were polite and professional and I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
The existing tile was removed and replaced with 20X20 porcelain tile on the master bath floor. Baseboards were installed in the master bath, entry, hall, 1/2 bath and laundry area.

01/10/2013

Gene B.

It's a pretty grueling job and the installers did pretty much three days of good, solid hard work with the removal of the o-rings that we had in our kitchen and our spare bathroom; one day putting down the tiles and then the second day grouting and cleaning. It was a well done installation. The guys were quite expert at the task and we could find no flaw in their work. We asked that the tiles be installed diagonally rather than rectangular and it turned out to be a rather attractive finished product. So my wife and I are both very pleased with the selection that we made and the fact that Home Depot was able to get it for us and with the installers, the subcontractors, two very respectful and professional installers did a great job. If I were to buy flooring from Home Depot again, I'd ask for A-Ward, and if I were to buy flooring on my own, I'd give A-Ward a call.

Description of Work
A-Ward Custom Installations installed tiles for us. They were subcontractors sent by Home Depot.

11/02/2012

ROBERT O.

They showed up on time and were very professional. The work that they did was outstanding. It was very neat. They are accomodating to how I wanted things done. They cleaned up after themselves so well that you could not even tell they were there. They were just fantastic.

Description of Work
I called them to lay some tile on the front porch. We put in new sinks, counters, and backsplashes in.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

10/10/2012

Mary Ann D.

Award Custom Installations has been a Home Depot service provider in this area for 20 years. I felt fortunate to have chosen them by myself on Angies List. Olvin has been installing tile for fourteen years and he and Cesar did really beautiful installations on the porcelain tile and the travertine backsplash. They both worked in a professional and focused manner for two whole days, then returned to provide the sealer and caulk to the backsplash 5 days later, after grout had dried thoroughly. Their work was nothing short of a transformation to this property and we feel their contribution has added a great deal of value to our home. Award Custom Installations is the go-to company for tile work in our area. Do not hesitate to call Brandon and/or Luke for any tile-related remodeling you may need. We would like to have hardwood floors here someday and would not hesitate to ask Award Custom Installations to assist when we are ready.

Description of Work
Install travertine kitchen backsplash. Remove builder-grade junk vinyl in master bath commode room,hall bathroom and utility room. Install italian porcelain tile in same areas.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/27/2012

Sharon B.

A +++++++ Smooth, easy, and cheerful installation, with daily followups from the Office to ensure my satisfaction.Great Company.

Description of Work
A-Ward Tile (Family Business of many years) came to my home, measured and estimated the cost for the removal of existing carpet and tile, and the new installation of tile to my kitchen, utility room, bathroom, bar area, and hall floors. I picked the Tile at a Tile Dealer, and within a week, I have gorgeous new Tile through out my home. The A-Ward Team is the Best! Thanks to Luke, Joanna, Brandon, Rhonda, Tony and Fabian. Professionals from "Go".

05/18/2012

Willie G.

They young man the sent over to do my tile has excellent customer service. He kept asking me if I had any questions while he was laying the tile.

Description of Work
I had them do some tile work for me.

04/25/2012

Robert G.

Without any complications - very easy and beautiful work! A pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
A-Ward tile has re-done ceramic in 3 full bathrooms, including a shower stall, as well as most recently a laundry room floor. They also did some floor repair needed after some plumbing work. They are very easy to do business with, and quite accommodating. The quality of their work is excellent. I highly recommend them and will definitely use them in the future. I plan on contacting them again when I get ready to put down some wood floors. They get an A+.

04/17/2012

Joella F.

.Luke is the one that is putting on all my tile and he is just wonderful.

Description of Work
.I used A-Ward Custom Installations to do my tile work.

03/03/2012

Robert C.

Talking with Brandon at the A-Ward office and with Olvin when he came to our home to do the work was like meeting old friends again. The people at A-Ward are very professional, courteous, friendly, and best of all, very proud to do a good job. It must be a very enjoyable place to work. When Olvin and his assistant came in our front door, they placed plastic booties over their shoes to avoid tracking anything into the house. (My wife probably wishes I would do that!) When they finished their job in the bathroom, there was not a sign that they had been there. No drips, no dust, no debris. I run a webpage where I voice my opinion about stuff. My pen-name is and quot;Grumpyand quot; - I'm not easy to please. I am very pleased with A-Ward. I've used them before, I'll use them again.

Description of Work
Five or six years ago we had our master bathroom completely remodeled. A-Ward Tile did a beautiful job on the shower, tub surround and sink back-splashes. The lead technician/artist. Olvin, was so proud of his work that he asked permission to take photos to put in his portfolio of work. Recently my wife had been concerned with hairline cracks here and there due to the home settling with our Texas clay soil. Also, what we thought was grout in some 90 degree angles in the shower was showing discoloration from mildew or something. I was fully capable of scraping out damaged grout and caulk and wielding a caulking gun or tube, but I didn't want to do an amateur handyman repair to a work of art, so I called A-Ward to have the job done right. I called A-Ward on 02/27/12 and spoke with Brandon. I remembered him from the big job 5 - 6 years ago, he said Olvin was working near my neighborhood and could stop by at noon for a look and an estimate that very day and maybe do the job the next day. That's just what happened. Olvin picked up some special "sanded caulk" not available at retail stores for do it yourselfers, after checking the old half bag of grout I had saved to verify the correct color. Next day, he removed the bad caulk, replaced it with the good stuff which matched the existing grout. He sealed the grout in the shower which should protect it for 5 years or more, and he replaced the cracked grout around the tub rim and sink back splashes with sanded caulk which looks just like the grout but will stay flexible.

02/19/2012

Jeff L.

We had some water damage in our pantry and had to remove the linoleum flooring...3 years later, we had kitchen upgrades done to the backsplash done by A-Ward, but at the time we could not find the original tile our fooring was covered with. After much research, we made a decision. We sent photos of the to the A-Ward Team and they gave us some guidence based on the space and our expectations. With 3 original tiles left, there had to be a transition made between the old flooring and the new. They did such a great job. Due to the design we had to pay extra from the minium costs charged, but it was well worth it.

Description of Work
Tile work done in the Pantry

11/08/2011

Camille P.

I highly recommend this company. They have done high quality work for us at two homes. When there was a problem with a few places in the backsplash, they re-did the job to make sure it was correct. You won't be disappointed with their professionalism, price and results.

Description of Work
We have used A-Ward for multiple projects, including demolition of linoleum, installation of ceramic tile flooring, and demolition/installation of glass tile backsplash in the kitchen.

08/07/2011

Jeff L.

The company was very patient and detailed in their removal and installation of the tile.

Description of Work
Back splash tile in kitchen was removed and upgraded.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

05/25/2011

Carla S.

The work turned out very good. I am very pleased with them and I enjoyed working with them. Everything turned out well.

Description of Work
They redid the bathroom tile for the floor and the shower.

Texas Flooring

Texas Flooring is a family owed business that is here to help with hardwood,vinyl,laminated and engineered flooring we also refurnished we try our BEST to please our customers don’t hesitate to call or leave a message we are here for any doubts or questions and thank your for trusting us!!

MH Custom Flooring LLC

At MH Custom Flooring we offer quality and affordable flooring installation services. WE DO NOT DO REPAIRS. We specialize in vinyl plank, solid wood, nail downs, steps, and laminate! Call us at 972-697-7945 or click today for a free quote!!

Offers by MH Custom Flooring LLC on Angi
    J & L Flooring

We specialize in all phases of flooring services, such as laminate, vinyl, hardwood! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality of work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

All flooring installation including ceramic tile and natural stone, wood, laminate, carpet, vinyl plank, and cork. We install ceramic tile and natural stone installation on porches and patios, complete shower and tub surround tear out and installation, plumbing, glass enclosures, backsplash, counter top & fireplace fronts.

Swimming pool tile.