We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

1st Choice Chimney

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2011

3302 Westgrove Dr

Arlington, TX 76001

1st Choice Residential is a leading provider of chimney cleaning & gas fireplace & bbq grill cleaning & repair throughout the DFW area. Located in DFW we offer a full range of expert chimney and fireplace repair including chimney cleaning, fireplace and chimney repair, chimney inspection, chimney
Gas Fireplace Service project
Gas Fireplace Service

fireplace services

202276001

07/26/2021

Sara I.

No Call, No Show, No Apology Homeowners, beware! We recently contacted First Choice Residential Chimney to have our chimney cleaned and a damper clamp installed prior to moving into our new house. Simple enough! First Choice scheduled our appointment for 2 p.m. on a Friday, and we were given a two-hour service window (2 to 4 p.m.). No call, no show! After 4 p.m. on the day of our appointment, we called the company to discuss next steps. From there, it took yet another hour to reach the assigned service provider. After all was said and done, we never received an apology (or any impression that the scheduling coordinator or owner cared about wasting our time), so we decided to take our business elsewhere. Everyone is going to mess up at some point or another. It's not the mess that matters but how you recover from it. First Choice failed on both accounts, and their lack of ownership is evident from their customer-facing staff to their senior leadership. After reading other reviews, we realize that our experience is not unique. We hope this review will help guide other homeowners to a company that cares about their customers' time, not just their money.

Description of Work
Chimney Servicing and Damper Clamp Installation

03/02/2021

Babette M.

I paid $79.00 for 10 minutes of looking at it to see if they could do job, after I told them the size of burner and size of pipe, serviceman said it would be easy to replace. Approved order for burner $103.00 and 75.00 for labor. Serviceman came out for repair Feb. 10 could not fix it and had to call a plumber. Paid $103.00 for part even though it wasnt installed. Plumber came out and found serviceman loosened pipe inside wall without telling me, plumber said if he would have replaced burner and left when I used it gas would have filled walls with gas and could have burned house down. I have written emails to company 6 times and called Feb. 11 and talked to scheduler she said her boss would call me back...never happened. The serviceman called his boss and told him he couldnt get burner off the boss told him to break end off and bend it so it would be close so I could use it..Really. Over all very bad experience with this company would not hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace gas burner in Wood Burning fireplace

03/01/2021

Robert W.

Great! Professional and knowledgeable service.

Description of Work
Maintenance on gas fireplace

01/28/2021

Josh B.

They were able to get out to our house the very day they responded to our quote request. Great service. The techs were professional and honest about the work needed. We'll certainly work with again.

Description of Work
Converting fireplace from gas back to wood-burning.

12/31/2018

Richard B.

The technician who came to check out our gas fireplace was on time and friendly. He fixed the pilot light problem as well as cleaned up the glass and fireplace in general. That was fantastic! He also showed me how to take the glass off if I needed to clean it in the future. He said the unit was in great shape!

Description of Work
The pilot light would not turn on in our gas fireplace.

12/27/2018

Robert B.

Buyer Beware! They charged us 3 times the regular rate of $145 for trip charge and fireplace checkup even though it was all in one trip and he was here less than an hour! They charged $450 until we made them reverse it. This business is looking to rip people off and is not interested in being fair and equitable.

Description of Work
Fraudulent Charges!

12/02/2018

jesse G.

instead of counterflashing they sloped tar on the chimney cheap job and they lied said that they put counterflashing 13 to 15 months later had a big leak so I got up there myself and seen and took pics to prove there was never any counterflashing installed I showed them the pics and they still lied to my face they both say they are Pasters but lie like snakes

Description of Work
counter flashing

12/02/2018

jesse G.

they never installed counterflashing and house leaked a year later I did the brick work they were supposed to install counter flashing instead they slopped tar over it pics tell the whole story cheep work and no conscience looks like they got some guys from 7-11 day labors to do the work

Description of Work
install counterflashing on cimney

11/11/2018

Amy D.

Very professional. My firebox needed to be patched and they let me know my options to either patch I replace, cost and what each would get me as far as future use. Worked thoroughly and quickly and very personable.

Description of Work
Sweep chimney and patch firebox

03/05/2018

Leena A.

worst customer service ever. I️ apparently spoke to a “manager” about wanting a new unit due to having repair done on my fire place time and time again. The so called “manager” told me I️ was clearly confused because I️ didn’t need a until although we were tired of constantly paying for repairs. Crazy to know that a “manager” would loose a huge service just because she didn’t understand. Your company just now lost money and the other three customers I️ was going to bring to you all to fix there fire place as well.

Description of Work
Wanted a new fire unit but manager disagrees so decided not to help with any questions

02/12/2018

Kenneth G W.

One of the worst experiences I've ever had with a contractor. I hired them on 1/2/18 and fired them today, 2/12/18. This is a very long story spanning over 6 weeks. There is not enough space to relate all of the details, but here are the main issues: - No-show on the first call. - After the cleaning, technician did NOT call me with results of cleaning and investigation. - I then talked to Melissa to get the information I needed. She did NOT call me back. - I then talked to Mary who got me in touch with the technician. - I talked to the technician, Christian. He said the damper was not repairable. - I asked Christian to call me with gas log and new door options. He said he would call. - He did NOT call back. - I fired 1st Choice and hired another contractor. He told me that he COULD fix the damper. - He also went on the roof to inspect the chimney and found a rag in the chimney. Really! - Unbelievably poor communications plus poor service. Amazing!

Description of Work
Clean chimney, repair damper, install fireplace doors

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

07/05/2017

Candace N.

Man did not even go up on the roof to inspect, then came gave me a quote for $10K less than 2 other Chimney Contractors. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Description of Work
Replace Chimney

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

03/29/2017

Yvonne A C.

I would use this company again to check my gas burning fireplace. The gentleman that came to my home was knowable and explained how this fireplace worked. I have lived in my home for about 10 years and never use my fireplace. After he left I used it during the winter season.

Description of Work
Check my gas fireplace that had not been used in 10 years,

03/20/2017

John S.

It was excellent. One person came out for two different visits. It took a total of about four hours. They left the area clean. Their price was competitive. They were right on time. Their professionalism is an A+. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They cleaned two fireplaces. They also added some rock.

03/10/2017

Frederick M.

It went great. They were very professional and the only complaint is that they promised to get back to me on a price for external chimney vent cover that the previous owner had cut up and they did not do that.

Description of Work
fireplace servicing and repair

03/07/2017

Mariann G.

Great! Very professional...job well done.

Description of Work
clean and tune gas fireplace

02/22/2017

Liz M.

He was professional, helpful, and respectful.

Description of Work
I needed dryer vents cleaned.

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

02/13/2017

Ray C.

Did a great job, although they had to reschedule because someone called in sick.

Description of Work
Clean plugged up dryer duct.

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

02/10/2017

Donna C.

It was great. He did a fine job. Was on time and very tidy with a messy type job.

Description of Work
Chimney needed cleaning

02/04/2017

Patricia R.

I am very pleased. The technician had to make multiple trips but in the end the result was well worth it.

Description of Work
The direct gas fireplace would not light. A service package purchased through Angie's List. Additional work was required outside of the original scope.

02/04/2017

Candace N.

Great experience! Steve was professional, educational, thorough, personable. Taught us things we didn't know about our fireplace system. Called ahead-much appreciated. Recommend this service & Steve. Will use again.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace inspection

01/30/2017

Denise B.

She came, told me what she was doing along the way. Gave me some other tips on keeping it clean and working properly. She was very personable, and not just an employee making a paid service call. She really took the time to talk with me, not 'to' or 'at' me. Didn't leave until she knew I was satisfied and if I had anything else needed or questions that maybe didn't come up in the initial request.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace wouldn't ignite. Had no idea what the problem was. That's their forte'. lol.

Category gas logs

01/16/2017

Bill G.

Great job, went the extra mile to make sure it was fine right. Provided the needed assessment on what else I needed with a quote.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

01/05/2017

Valerie M.

Best service call i have ever had. The technician was great. When she found the leak she had to come back with a new part. She came back with the part after her last appointment to make sure we got fixed. I highly recommend this service company

Description of Work
Service gas fireplace and fix gas leak

12/31/2016

Shirley B.

I purchased this service through a big deal. The company was very accommodating in scheduling services around my work schedule. Loren, the Technician, arrived on time, was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable about what needed to be done to service my gas fireplace to ensure that it worked optimally. He inspected the fireplace and replaced the wall switch that was no longer working. He added artificial ashes/embers to improve the look of the fire when burning. This was my first time using this company but I plan to continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Fireplace inspection and replaced electrical switch.

Climate Doctors

Climate Doctors is family owned & locally operated. We understand that taking care of your family is the number one priority. Climate Doctors was started to provide complete duct cleaning and energy efficient solutions to help consumer's homes have better air quality and a more efficient heating and air systems. Climate Doctors will do what it takes to do a complete cleaning & inspection of the duct work to assure unfiltered air from the attic is not entering into the home environment. Award Winning.

Offers Coupon

Shirley Air Inc.

We believe in "NO HIDDEN FEES-GREAT GUARANTEES" ! We are family owned and operated by individuals who believe in ethical-honest-trustworthy-reliable business practices. Located in Euless Texas, Shirley Air, Inc. has been in business since 2012. At Shirley Air, Inc., we understand that every customer is unique and so are their needs. Our team is committed to providing superior service to you with the wide range of services we provide. One of our principal values is always aiming for a higher level of service. We want our professional services to satisfy you completely. We always strive to do our very best as we love making our customers happy.

Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Dallas Ft Worth

Homeowners with clogged dryer vents typically experience longer drying cycles resulting in $18-$24 more per month in energy costs. Additionally, over 15,000 dryer fires occur each year, with failure to clean being the leading factor. The trained professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard specialize in cleaning, repairing, altering and installing dryer vent lines. It’s all we do, so we have the right knowledge, tools and techniques to do the job right. An informed decision is the best decision… download our Dryer Fire Warning Signs brochure (PDF below). Additional phone: 972-822-2050

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

Gas Fireplace Repair Stone & Masonry BBQ Grill Cleaning Repair Gas Fireplace Installation Chimney Sweep Dryer Vents Outdoor Kitchens Pest Removal

Air Vent Air Duct