Larry's Heating & A/C

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2010

1204 N WESTERN UNIT G

Amarillo, TX 79124

Quality heating & A/C company dedicated to serving our customers needs.

07/21/2020

Tommye C.

We have used Larry's for decades. When the AC went out, we called them. They installed the outdoor portion less than two years ago and the indoor portion about a month or two ago. Since it's installation a couple of months ago, it has gone out twice. The first time, we were told by an employee that they would be sending someone to properly pressure test the system. That was during the July 4th weekend. They refilled the system without pressure testing for leaks and instead the owner stopped by a few days later and put a gauge on it. He said it was fine. Approximately a week later, an 88 year old woman is sitting in the heat. Again. Furthermore, Their website says call 24 hours. I started calling at 6am. At just before 8, I had to drive up there since nobody answered my calls. This is ridiculous and I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to refill a leaky system without pressure testing. It has all leaked out again. Not good for us or the environment. I would recommend finding someone else to work on your home. The owner himself (not Larry any more, unfortunately) sold us the new system and gave us his word it would be done right. I am very disappointed in the new ownership.

Description of Work
Replace interior portion of AC

09/27/2017

Caprice N.

The install went well. They upgraded our thermostat as well.

Description of Work
Replaced A/C unit

12/16/2016

Douglas M.

I like Larry's. Their honest, a couple of older guys, but they do good work. They're reasonable in their prices. Quality has always been A1. They were right here as soon as they can get here. They are clean and courteous. They do good work. They do a good job of installation. They clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
They serviced my furnace for the winter.

08/07/2015

Randall W.

Our AC unit in the house leaked condensate down our wall. Ruining the dinning room wall. The AC in the shop did the same, fooling 2 rooms with condensate. Ducts in the shop were hung by straps screwed to the wall, Power lines for the unit ran from the breaker box to the outside unit by just laying the wire anywhere on the rafters it may and making direct contact with the meteal ductwork. When asked to talk to Larry himself, technicians refused and denied any violation of building code, no permit was obtained, and I was told that having an inspector come in would be a bad move on my part. Veiled threat. A detailed quote of service was promised before work began, but never produced. I feel they preyed on a terminally ill elderly man.

Description of Work
Installed Heating and AC in our home and shop.

04/06/2015

Tonya B.

.I needed a new heat pump and heating system. Larry's installed a top of the line carrier system for half the cost of other bids I received for less expensive units. They came out and removed my entire old unit including duct work and replaced with all new. Couldn't believe how they could give me such a great deal after talking to so many others. Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Installed a new heating and air unit. All new ductwork.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/31/2014

Sandra J.

ductwork came loose .they came out and fixed it again for free,

Description of Work
furnace and ductwork

11/08/2014

Michael R.

I had a problematic house, built in 1926 before modern HVAC systems. There was a large attic room with a separate bath. The previous owner installed central air - but poorly. All of the air was directed upstairs. In the winter the downstairs was like a meat-locker, the upstairs like a furnace. I talked to four vendors. Three of them came up with more or less the same solution: separate the upstairs room from the downstairs, install a ductless unit upstairs, and re-install the plenum & air ducts. I chose Larry's. He seemed to be honest. One of his guys crawled through all of the attic and photographed the existing system. They tweaked the solution as they learned more about the house. I felt comfortable giving Larry's guys a key to my house and letting them come & go while I was at work. The workmanship was clean. The solution has been effective thus far. His pricing was fair and a little less than the next vendor, and a third to fourth less than "the best in town". I am glad I chose Larry's. I will use them again, and I recommend them.

Description of Work
Fixed an existing central air system by replacing the ducts & rebuilding the plenum. Installed a ductless unit.

07/29/2014

Chancy V.

I am very pleased with them. They were professional and quick compared to other companies that I've used.

Description of Work
I've used Larry's Heating & A/C. They did some tune up.

06/18/2014

Daniel H.

Everything went smooth, Mark was here about 35 minutes total. Inspected in-attic unit for leaks, drain pan for drainage. Gave me a couple of tips regarding cleaning the drain pan yearly. Checked Filter, Outdoor unit for leaks. After refrigerant added AC system began cooling like new again.

Description of Work
Added 1lb R22 to AC Unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

05/23/2014

Debby W.

He did a really good job. They are on time, they do what they say they are going to do, and he is just very knowledgeable. It was a good experience. I would not hesiate to recommend them. They are very fair, they are not the cheapest, and they are not the most expensive, but they do a good job, and they know what they are doing. I would certainly start with them, and at least get a bid. They were one of the top ones on Angie's and I called them and they came out.

Description of Work
I use Larry's Heating & A/C. I last used them in Febuary this year. He replaced my furnace.

04/03/2014

Richard R.

They came when they said they would. They did what they said they would. They charged what they said they would. Everything now works as they said it would. They liked my coffee. What more could you possibly ask for?

Description of Work
Replace heating and air conditioning system.

01/20/2014

john M.

Two people for two screws and a part. We all forgot the cover and left it in a different room by the front door. I did the lifting to finish their job.

Description of Work
The wall heater would not stay on and had to be manually reset each time. They put on an auto reset piece (2 screws on the outside easy access, cheap part) in 10 minutes, and left without putting the cover back on. I have difficulty lifting things like that. This was after I mentioned Angie's List to them. The problem was solved to my satisfaction.

11/12/2013

John A.

Larry was great to deal with. I got quotes from several other companies and Larry's was very reasonable and, actually, much cheaper than all of the bigger name shops. Everything went exactly as scheduled. Very professional installation. Extremely happy with the Carrier equipment. Would definitely recommend Larry's.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning unit, fan coil, furnace, and thermostat

10/25/2013

Gary O.

They were prompt and courtious. Great job... and great value.

Description of Work
service call... added freon

08/17/2013

Donna T.

Arrived and finished as scheduled. Spent extra time and effort to level floor of heater closet with no additional charges. I wil use them next time for sure.

Description of Work
Install air conditioner and heater.

05/18/2013

Douglas M.

Larry's two man crew arrived promptly as scheduled with the unit to be installed. They were very efficient and professional. The unit was installed and everything tested in a timely manner. I called five companies for estimates and Larrys price was comparable to all other bids.

Description of Work
Installed an Air Conditioner

05/10/2013

Krista G.

Our heater was cycling off and not heating the house. My dad recommended calling Larry's, and I'm glad I did. They were prompt, courteous, and got to the problem quickly. They were honest and didn't try to sell us on something we didn't need. There was just a dusty part that was causing the thermostat to malfunction. They cleaned the part and put it back on and we were warming up within 10 minutes of them walking in the door. I will use them again when I need them.

01/25/2013

Greggory N.

I had to replace my heater. Larry came out and gave a quick estimate, and quick start date. On the date agreed on they showed up on time, replaced the furnace quickly. There were a few pieces of wring left on the floor and no care was taken to not track dirt on the floor. Cost was right on at the estimate.

Description of Work
Replaced my heating system.

08/20/2012

T G.

This is the second time we have used Larry's Heating and Air for repairs to our heater. They are always prompt and professional. The work is performed quickly, and the charges are reasonable. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
The pilot light on our heater would not stay lit. The technicians repaired the line to the pilot light, and then stayed to make sure it worked properly.

07/25/2012

Evelyn B.

They gave me a fair quote. They showed up on time and replaced the unit quickly. When the final inspection showed the fuse needed replacement, they returned and replaced the fuse without an additional charge. I used the internet coupons and Larry's accepted these. They were very nice, punctual and did a great job!

Description of Work
Larry's replaced the outside unit and the coil. The old unit was 20 years old. Initially, they replaced the coolant but a hole in the coil that they couldn't see allowed the coolant to leak out. This required that the entire unit be replaced.

06/29/2012

Patricia P.

I am an out of town landlord for rental properties located approximately 400 miles from my residence. My renter is a student with a very busy schedule so it was necessary to coordinate inspection/installation, etc. with her. Larry's H&A/C communicated directly with my renter on scheduling and were very considerate of her schedule, school and job demands. I interviewed several service providers and found Larry's to be extremely cooperative and professional from the very start. I was also impressed by the very reasonable bid I received to replace my unit. Unfortunately, they were unable to schedule the work for two weeks due to prior commitments but offered to immediately do whatever temporary repairs necessary in order to make my renter comfortable. This service was provided immediately and at no extra charge. Since I am an out of town landlord and had no previous experience with this company, I offered to pay for the temporary repairs and whatever deposit they would need. My offer was refused with a comment indicating it was their belief that a consumer should be wary of dealing with any service provider or contractor who demands any payment whatsoever before repairs are completed. I requested they check out the H&A/C in the rear garage apartment and this was also done after they coordinated with yet another tenant at no additional charge to me. Although I have not as yet inspected the new system, my renter tells me it is working perfectly and is much quieter than the previous unit. She was pleased with the repairmen and the representative who coordinated scheduling with her and tells me they were very professional and considerate of her schedule. They left the house in perfect condition following both temporary repair and replacement of the system. Honestly, what more can you ask? ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10, I WOULD GIVE LARRY'S HEATING & A/C AN 11.

Description of Work
Larry's Heating and A/C replaced the entire H&A/C system in my rental property.

11/15/2011

Judith G.

It didn't since the man never showed up in the first placen/a

Description of Work
I was out of town for a funeral and called him as soon as I could to reschedule for the following day to have him come look at our a/c unit at which time he failed to show up or call. I WILL NOT US THE PERSON EVER

09/07/2011

Mickey R.

Called Larrys on 9/6/11 and was told they would be out the next day. Thankfully the weather was cool and we were not in need of our air conditioning. Over the phone they told me what to do to defrost and restart the unit and also told me what the problem might be. They called the next morning and were there within 10 minutes. Our unit was a little low on freon which he refilled and he charged us only the cost of a service call, not for the freon. They were very professional and very informative. I will absolutely call Larrys Heating and Air Conditioning again. Thanks for the wonderful service!

Description of Work
Called them to check out a problem with our heat pump freezing up.

04/14/2011

Ben H.

After giving the best quote out five different ones Larrys was hands down the best. Larry explained everything about the system we were getting. He did not try to sell me something I did not need or want. Very upfrount about what we were getting. When the guys came to install the system they got the job done very well and cleaned up after themselfs quicker than expected. I cannot think of any negative things to say about this whole experiance. I have only had this system for a month but I can already feel and hear the difference. Larrys is a must when you get a quote. Give them a try and you will be happy you did.

Description of Work
New heat and air system.

09/01/2010

DAVE P.

FROM THE QUOTE TO THE FINISHED JOB ALL WENT REALLY WELL

Description of Work
REPLACED UNIT