Knight Carpet & Flooring

Founded 1948 • With Angi since April 2010

4.4

3401 N 1st St

Abilene, TX 79603

Additional emails - dan@knightcarpet.com , barry@knightcarpet.com, shawn@knightcarpet.com, & tammy@knightcarpet.com. Additional service area - Rule, Sagerton, Santa Anna, Snyder, Stamford, Sweetwater, Sylvester, Throckmorton, Tuscola, Tye, Winters & Vicinities, Munday, Nolan, Noodle, Novice, Paint Rock, Potosi, Ranger, Rising Star, Roby, Rochester, Roscoe & Rotan, Bronte, Brownwood, Buffalo Gap, Carbon, Cisco, Clyde, Coleman, Colorado City, Cross Plains, Dyess Afb, Early, Eastland, Gorman, Hamby, Hamlin, Happy Valley, Haskell, Hawley, Hermleigh, Jayton, Knox City, Lake Brownwood, Lawn, Loraine, Lueders, Maryneal, Mccaulley & Merkel...

10/21/2015

Cheryl C.

Description of Work
Carpet and upholstery vleaning

Category carpet cleaners,flooring contractor

10/01/2014

Nan M.

From the salesman Zak to the installers everyone was gracious and very helpful. The prices were good as well as the quality. Their carpet and floor covering (vinyl wood) installation went great. I would recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
Helped us choose a carpet and floor covering and installed.

08/05/2013

Cheryl C.

Knight Carpet was able to provide the quality carpet that we needed for appearance, quality and longevity in heavy use area. They were very helpful, professional and prompt. I also had a problem with a threshold in my house that they helped with on the spur of the moment. Nice guys! Of course, I will be using them again

Description of Work
Re-carpeted outside handicapped ramp in outdoor carpet

05/11/2013

Bruce A.

I spoke with Arthur (manager) and he said he would make it a point to come look at what I wanted cleaned. Of course he sent his people and never even walked into the house. I had a carpet repair added to the cleaning. Long story short the carpet repair was subpar and looked horrible and the cleaning smelt terrible days later. They were in and out. The guys were inexperienced at repair and one of them looked at me and said that's the best I got, with a smirk on his face. Absolute nightmare. Stay away from these people. You will be paying for someone else to fix their mess.

Description of Work
Cleaning, repair

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation

07/01/2012

Mark B.

Started a day late, without removing any furniture or covering anything started chiseling old tile destroying a leather couch and creating a terrible mess. When they did start laying new tile it went ok until they were about 3/4 of the way thru, then they pulled most of the crew and tools off to move on to the next job. They wound up finishing this job without a tile-saw and used a grinder to cut the tiles! Of course the Rep. from Knight Carpet was way too busy to come by and check on this job. After they finally finished, my wife and I got to spend nearly a week scrubbing grout and grout haze off our new floor.

Description of Work
removed 800 sq. ft. of old ceramic tile and put down 1200 sq. ft of 20" tile

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

09/21/2011

Giulia G.

Everything went alright. They didn't pressure me to buy more. The salesman was on time to take the measurements, but the shipping was a little behind schedule.

Description of Work
The sold me the tiles for my living room and bedrooms. I ended up having another company install them. It was approx $109/sq ft for one of the types of tile and $169/sq ft for the specialty marazzy tile.

Category ceramic tile

08/26/2011

Emily W.

The guy came out to clean on time, and got halfway through the job before he realized he didn't have enough cleaning solution to finish. He said he'd be back the next day. I called and verified with his boss, and set up a time for the next day. The next day came, but the guy didn't. 3 hours after he should have arrived, another technician came to the house. He apologized, and while parking his van out front he got stuck in the mud. We pulled him out with our truck, and then he took a look inside. He said the original tech did such a bad job that he would redo the entire house, and he was so grateful for us pulling out his van he told us it would be free of charge. By the end, I had a very clean house and no bill. I was irritated at the first tech, but the second was so awesome it made the whole experience great. I talked to the owner, and he said the first guy was one more screw up from getting fired, and he was thinking of promoting the second guy that fixed everything. I hope my recommendation got him the promotion :)

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in 2 bedrooms and closets, one small hallway, dining room and living room

01/05/2011

Shane H.

Awesome. I recommend Knight Carpet to everyone.

Description of Work
Paige at Knight carpet does all the carpet in the homes the company I work for (Gregory Custom Homes) builds. We never have to call him back to make repairs because they do it right the first time.

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation,flooring contractor

10/13/2010

tiffany M.

Overall, the experience went okay. They were incredibly quick about it. My rental company paid for it, but I don't feel as though the service was worth it.

Description of Work
steam-cleaned the carpets.

04/17/2010

Jon D.

Our carpets needed extensive cleaning in our large living room, this required the cleaners to use more water than usual. After they finished the workers said that it would only take 3 hours to dry, but after 8 hours the floors were still wet. After calling and explaining our situation they arrived back at our house with a smile on their face and blowers in hand to dry the carpets, after leaving them with us for a day they arrived back and asked if there was anything else they could do for us, and didn't charge us for the additional care. I would defiantly recommend these guys in the future for anyone who enjoys great service and a competitive price.

Description of Work
Cleaned our very large living room, hall, and bedroom.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Financing Available

Carpeting, ceramic, cleaning & restoration, decorative surfaces, laminate floors, vinyl, wood flooring & hardwood flooring sales, installation & refinishing.