A-1 Concrete Leveling Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2009

1306 Suntree Dr

Unicoi, TN 37692

A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair is locally family owned and operated. We raise concrete slabs, steps, sidewalks and floors that have settled over time. The process involves drilling small (1 Inch) holes through the slab an pumping an environmentally safe pulverized limestone mix under the concrete to slowly lift it back into place. A-1 also raises/stabilizes foundation that have settled over time. This settling is generally identified by stair step cracks in exterior brick walls, and buckling and sagging in wood siding walls. This process is accomplished by installing steel brackets to the foundation and hydraulically driving steel piers into the ground and lifting the foundation back into place when possible....

08/08/2017

Herbert L.

Excellent service. Fixed settlement problem.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway erosion repair under concrete.

Category mudjacking

03/20/2017

Michael M.

They did a good job. They had a long waiting list, but told me that up front so I was not surprised. In addition to the quoted work, they fixed another issue where a root had caused the sidewalk to buck up and crack. It was a very good experience and I would definitely use them again. A couple of my friends who are not on Angie's List also recommended them to me.

Description of Work
They jacked up a sidewalk that had settled.

Category mudjacking

10/17/2016

Kay S.

It's been over a week and these people haven't gotten back to me about the job. I sent photos as requested and he said he'd look at them. A couple of texts have been incomplete, ending mid-sentence. I don't know...

Description of Work
Concrete repair. There should be a "don't know" answer for the above question "Would you hire again?" I want to give these folks a chance, there may be a reason for the incommunicado.

09/08/2015

Gabby R.

Jim and Rhonda from A-1 Concrete were awesome to work with. They were quick to respond and come out to give me an estimate. I got on their schedule the same day as they were booked for several weeks. They were great to communicate and let me know when they could come and do the work. They arrived on schedule and were quick to set up and get started. Watching the process was really amazing and I learned a lot from talking to them during the job. They've been doing this a long time and their confidence put me at ease. I was 100% satisfied with the work they did and my wife and I both really enjoyed talking with them and getting to know them. They are wonderful folks. I've already called about another job and I have recommended them to several friends.

Description of Work
Raised, leveled and filled under concrete slabs that had settled and sunk

06/04/2015

Anita C.

They were very experienced and took time to explain what they were Doing. 100% satisfied with their work .

Description of Work
Raised porch filled in concrete

Category concrete repair

05/30/2015

Anthony S.

They showed up when they said that they would. It took about three days to finish the work. They were very respectful and professional with their work, myself, property and my family. Always asked before they left their equipment and took extra precautions to ensure that that keep property clean. The price was what was exactly quoted even though quote was almost a year old. Would recommend to antone that needs this kind of work done

Description of Work
Installed three piers to jack foundation up and leveled adjacent slab in garage. Raised slab approximately 2in.

10/14/2014

Jack S.

Did not do the job based on the contactor's recommendation.

Description of Work
We received a bid to level our patio. Based on the information received, we decided not to have our patio leveled. The contractor said that it would likely be impossible to achieve our desired result. I appreciated their honesty and would call them again.

03/19/2014

scott C.

From thre quote to completion, very smooth.

Description of Work
Concrete deck around my in ground swimming pool started to drop on one side. A1 drilled holes and used concrete to pump up the level of existing deck to original height. They have experience with decking on pools. Important,because not just anyone can perform this type of work. At least that is what my pool guy said.

Category concrete repair,pool cleaners,mudjacking

01/27/2014

Leroy C.

He rescheduled us about three weeks later and was two days late for that. The price was fail considering the two days of labor that his workers did @only $8.00/hr. but we believe they were under paid, considering what little their boss did.

Description of Work
A1 leveled the floor in our garage, the workers did a good job but their boss was unreliable and a poor communicator he failed to show on the scheduled date, and failed to inform us.

Category concrete repair

In response to {removed member name} comments: A1 Concrete leveling ALWAYS informs its clients that start dates are variable for a number of reasons: weather conditions, unknown soil conditions, etc. A-1 is NOT a company that leaves a job in process before it is completed. Our pay rates are based on demonstration of ability of our employees reliability, their work skills and ability to work with customers. After demonstrating these traits, the pay rate increases significantly . As to our manager, James: his job is to supervise the jobs in process, estimate potential jobs and check on ALL jobs in process at the time. We are very surprised by the comments of {removed name}, and hope this explanation will suffice to ensure them how we have to operate our business.

08/23/2013

Caroline M.

They did a great job. It's still level. It was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
They drilled holes in a cement slab, and poured concrete in the holes to level the concrete.

DuraSeal

Our penetrating sealant completely eliminates the effort & expense of frequent washing and top coats for your wood and concrete surfaces. We stand by our work with a 25 year warranty against splitting, cracking, warping & rotting wood and pitting, cracking and spalling concrete. On top of that, all sealed wood and concrete surfaces stay cleaner longer, as our process limits fungal growth. We do not build or repair decks, fences, pergolas, patios or driveways (but can refer you to contractors that do) if using our service to protect those structures.

Foundation Repair. Concrete Leveling. Driveways, Sidewalks, Patios, Porches, Floors, Steps & Pool Decks., bowed walls, leaning chimney.

New Concrete.