Fixologist

Founded 2013 • With Angi since November 2013

PO Box 44

Oakland, TN 38060

Proud earner of the Angie's List Super Service Award for the past 5 years. For repairs, installations, or maintenance projects around your home or office – large or small – Fixologist Handyman Services has the experience necessary to successfully complete most any job you need done, quickly, efficiently, and we make it easy. We understand our clients' busy schedules and will work with you to complete the job at your convenience. Don't hesitate the next time you have a repair or maintenance need around your home – we can do it all. Schedule an appointment with us today and maintain your peace of mind, whether in your home or office! As a “Fixologist”, I can handle almost any type of general repair. I also can handle any type of interior or exterior painting project – large or small....

01/22/2022

Dennis H.

Great communication, on time, quality work and reasonable cost. What more can you ask for?

Description of Work
Repaired water damage in ceiling and repaired/rehung interior door.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, doors

11/24/2021

Mike S.

I could not be happier with Matthew Farmer's work. He did exactly what he said he would do. He was very punctual and completed the fence on time, regardless of cold wet weather one day. He cleaned up every piece of scrap wood and trash. There were no surprises. This was THE BEST experience I have ever had with a home construction project. Thanks Matthew!

Description of Work
Build a fence for my yard

Category fencing, handyman service

12/08/2020

Mike S.

He communicated his schedule, performed the work and was the personable and professional. I definitely recommend Matt Farmer. I asked him for additional quotes on larger projects before he left my house.

Description of Work
Repair light fixture in a high ceiling

Category handyman service, lighting, appliance refinishing, ceiling fans

Thank you so very much.

11/19/2020

P S.

Very knowledgeable and courteous. Easy to work with. Completely satisfied with work.

Description of Work
Install lock set, curtains and hang pictures

Category handyman service, appliance refinishing

You are so very kind. Thank you.

09/12/2020

Rita B.

This is the third job completed by Matthew and as always the fencing is better than we could have expected. He is consistent, fair, professional and polite. I can’t say enough good things about him. We are already planning our next project with him.

Description of Work
New Wood Fence Built

Category woodworking

03/16/2020

Rita B.

bath caulking. outdoor garage light install. door level

Description of Work
Mr Farmer had all parts and equipment. He performed all tasks perfectly without being reminded what needed to be done. Very courteous and he cleaned everything. His prices are super fair. He’ll be our handyman for all our projects

Category handyman service

I appreciate you so very much.

02/01/2020

Bradley B.

Unique job of installing a second dishwasher off kitchen. Job required removing old doors and drawers under existing counter top. Installation of dishwasher required modifying existing electrical service, connecting dishwasher to existing sink, and creating new front facade adjacent to front of dishwasher. Job required electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills. Extremely pleased with quality of work at very good value compared with other bids. This is the second project that I have used Matthew Farmer. Will definitely call for future projects.

Description of Work
Installation of 2nd Dishwasher

Category electrician, handyman service, appliance refinishing, woodworking

I appreciate you very much.

01/29/2020

ROD S.

Matthew is awesome! Prompt, courteous, professional, diligent, smart, offers options, and can handle just about any job. One of, if not THE best, repairmen/handymen I've ever hired. I'll be hiring him again soon for more work. Also, his pricing is very, very reasonable. But he's so good, he's in high demand, and does all the work himself (no crew), so be patient....he's worth it.

Description of Work
A variety of jobs: installing lighting, fixing squeaky floors, fixing leak in garage, replacing rotten wood, repairing fence gate, etc.

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

Thank you for letting me help you.

01/10/2020

Michelle P.

Matthew is ALWAYS prompt, COURTEOUS and ON TIME. He always gives you several options so you have a say in what he chooses. Simply refreshing in this day and time when contractors and repairmen never call you back or even show up. He is amazing! HIGHLY recommend!

Description of Work
Needed locks replaced and repaired

Category handyman service, doors

You are a blessing. Thank you.

11/28/2019

Dennis H.

Excellent work, very responsive, on time. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Minor Plumbing

Category handyman service

I appreciate you. Thank you.

07/30/2019

Diane M.

Matthew is the consummate professional. His work is immaculate. He is honest and conscientious. Couldn’t ask for more!

Description of Work
Beadboard added to kitchen and breakfast area.

Category handyman service, appliance refinishing, woodworking

I appreciate you!

07/30/2019

Diane M.

Matthew is always the ultimate professional and a perfectionist in his work. He is pleasant and polite and I have already scheduled him for a future visit.

Description of Work
Repair of rotting wood on garage, repair of 2 gates, ceiling fans replaced.

Category handyman service, woodworking, ceiling fans

I am so happy to be able to help you.

07/11/2019

Marijo S.

He's great. He can fix anything. Reasonable prices. Very sweet and reliable. Tricks of all trades.

Description of Work
ceiling fan, work on my printer, exterior painting, front door and other things. Always on time.

Category handyman service

Thank you so very much for letting me help you.

06/25/2019

Deborah S.

It went great. Mr. Farmer is very respectful, punctual, and did an excellent job. He made sure I was happy every step of the way. I will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Drapery rods and drapes

04/10/2019

R J.

Matthew was very prompt and professional. He answered all of my questions and his pricing was fair. I will definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
We had a light fixture that was not working properly,a few holes in the wall that need patching, a door that wouldn’t close,and a knobs on the bathtub that needed replacing.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans, doors

03/23/2019

Ralph W.

He is good. He is dependable. Very nice person. I have no problems with his prices. It all seems fair but I never compared it. I have no problem with his quality. He is excellent. He calls me the day before.

Description of Work
Been using him since 2015. He's done about everything. Last time was for the attic. He's done electrical things for me. Insulated the garage. He's done drywall and painting for me. The only exterior job that he's done is when he did the fascia board.

Category handyman service

It is always a pleasure to help you.

02/28/2019

Scott R.

Amazing. Matthew continues to be my first call whenever anything needs to be done. If he can do it, I look no further.

Description of Work
Electrical Work

Category electrician, handyman service

I am very thankful to have you as customer.

02/24/2019

Kay M.

On time , efficient, professional. In and out quickly with good work. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Reset towel bar

Thank you so very much.

02/19/2019

Mary D.

I have used Matthew many times for repair jobs in our home. He has done an excellent job every time. On this particular job it was done in such a way that you couldn’t tell where the wood was repair . It was a seamless job that was exceptional

Description of Work
Repair of rotten wood near an eve of the house.

Category handyman service

I have been blesssed to have you as a customer. Thank you.

01/18/2019

Marie P.

Matthew was a wonder at his ability to do anything well. He has a kind spirit. I will hire him again if I need work done. He was on time, worked quickly & efficiently. Thanks. Marie Pulley.

Description of Work
Furniture ***., Install washer& dryer,installed drapery rods, hung drapes, hung picture on wall.

Category handyman service

What kind words. Thank you for letting me help you.

11/27/2018

Terri C.

I can not say enough wonderful things about Matthew. He is so kind, very responsible, and very trustworthy. He is always prompt He brings everything he needs to do the tasks. His work is outstanding!!!! He does each job very neatly and just as we asked. He can do anything, and he does everything with expertise.

Description of Work
Painting, building shelves, assembling furniture, installing outside lights, cleaning garage and storage rooms, pressure washing, cleaning tile, many other things

Category handyman service

I am truly blessed by your kind words and having a wonderful customer. Thank you.

11/20/2018

Gerrie A.

I am extremely pleased with the work done by Matthew.

Description of Work
Matthew is a very skilled handyman. He is meticulous in his work. His always arrives promptly and cleans up when the work is completed He never fails to do the work perfectly and a fair price. He is exceptionally polite As always, Matthew never fails to do the work at my home perfectly. He arrives promptly at the scheduled time, he is meticulous in his work, his prices are fair and he cleans up before leaving. The latest work Matthew has done at my home has been painting several rooms inside my home. The other work he has done recently at my home include: painting the exterior of my home, cleaning and repairing my gutters, caulking all my windows, ordered and installed a handrail for my outside steps, installed several ceiling fans, caulked the tub in one bathroom and the shower stall in my second bathroom, ordered and installed shades in my office and installed weatherstripping around the door that opens into my garage. I am very particular about how things are done and Matthew never fails to do the work perfectly. He is extremely polite and professional. I will be using Matthew again in the near future for projects such as painting several more rooms inside my house, replacing the tile in my bathrooms, installing gutter guard and installing a back splash. Several of my neighbors have had Matthew do work for them and will continue to call him for their handyman needs. We are blessed to find such a dependable handyman.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

I am blessed to have such faithful customers. Thank you for your kind words.

11/19/2018

Alice W.

Everything went smoothly. He purchased supplies needed and called about prices and presented us with the receipts.

Description of Work
Matthew removed rotted window sills, installed fans and other electrical work, patched holes in drywall and primed and painted rooms.

Category drywall, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Thank you for letting me help you.

11/19/2018

Sarah D.

Matthew always does an amazing job! He's always on time (which is SO important) and he's very responsive. I'm so glad I've found someone like Matthew to help me repair and improve my 'temperamental' house!

Description of Work
Painting, tiling

Category ceramic tile, electrician, fencing, handyman service, interior painters

I appreciate your kind words and thank you for letting me help you.

11/08/2018

Gary P.

We never got a return call or email. I don't chase contractors who are not responsive. We had the work done by someone else.

Description of Work
Mailbox installation

Category handyman service

I am so sorry for the lack of communication. I do try my best to respond.