Yaardvark Landscape Management

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2012

PO Box 140846

Nashville, TN 37214

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are a 6 time Super Service Award winning landscape company specializing in landscape lighting - Drainage solutions - Landscape design/installation - Irrigation installation and repair ....

lawn & landscaping (100)lawn care (61)leaf removal (31)landscape lighting (16)mulch delivering (16)tree service (12)drain pipe installation (11)irrigation system (9)pressure washing (2)rototilling (2)gutter cleaning (2)hardscaping (1)

11/23/2021

We’ve been using Nick with Yaardvark Landscape Management for leaf removal and shrub trimming for several years. They are always prompt and do a superb job. Nick even texted me to remind us of this years leaf removal - which I appreciated. Call them - they do a great job.

Description of Work
leaf control

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

11/15/2021

Nick and his crew did an excellent job on my side yard erosion issue. Out of the three bids I received for the work Nick from Yaardvark Landscape Mgmt. had the best plan and was the most knowledgeable. He went above and beyond in creating the perfect fix for my yard. I highly recommend Yaardvark Landscape Mgmt.

Description of Work
Repair yard erosion problem

Category landscaping,mulch,drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

11/07/2021

They did a very good job. Professional and kept in touch throughout process.

Description of Work
drainage pipe, grading, sod, seed , aeration

Category landscaping,drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

08/20/2021

Nick and the Yaardvark teak were a pleasure to work with. They transformed our front yard from an afterthought to the focal point of the house. I worked with Nick to let him know what I wanted (including synthetic turf) and he created a beautiful design concept with mocks that allowed me to see what the final product would look like. Nick and his team not only took care of the removal of the old landscaping but also improved grading and drainage, installed lighting, and took their time crafting the right hardscape to support the design. Great team to work with. Friendly and attenteive. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
synthetic turf, outdoor lighting, drainage / grading, landscape design / installation , hardscape

Category landscaping,mulch,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

Review for Yaardvark Landscape Management - PO Box 140846, Nashville, TN - 39530394

07/19/2021

Waited for heavy rains before posting a review - their work did the trick, no problems at all. I have them coming to look at other jobs! Great folks to work with.

Description of Work
grading

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], Im very happy to hear that your pool isn't getting filled with mud any longer. I will try to make it by next week to look at the erosion issue you have next to the driveway. It a pleasure doing business with you.

07/17/2021

Paid Nick Plummer approx $24,000 to have new lights installed and fountain repaired. Some of the lights stopped working both on the landscape lights and fountain lights soon after installation. Despite having a 5 year warranty on labor, it took tons of texts and phone calls and arguments before he would fix the lights many weeks later. Last week the coping came loose. Another contractor said Nick used wood glue. Naturally, another argument and refusal to fix it.

Description of Work
Lighting and fountain repair

Category gutter cleaning,foundation repair,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Review for Yaardvark Landscape Management - PO Box 140846, Nashville, TN - 39407088

Eventually I suppose that all business owners will come across this and I guess its our turn. This client is leaving an abbreviated slam because I am declining to give him even more free work than we already have. He is a very rich business owner of a media company and promised that he would use all of his might to ruin my good name if I didn't give him even more free work. Please feel free to look at all of our 100+ reviews on Angi.com and Google reviews to decide for yourself which side to trust. I will need to fill in the blanks of his story. When I originally met with him he stated that he wanted us to improve the existing dilapidated light package on site by adding as many lights as we saw fit but wanted us to fix the existing broken lights where possible. He also had a fountain that was in multiple states of disrepair that he asked me to fix as if it were my own and add lights. Keep in mind that this is a 4 tier concrete fountain where the top tier had a solid core and concrete adhesive was used to bind it to the tier below. He told me he wanted to spend the minimum to get it repaired because he wasn't made of money (he lives in the Governor's club in a 10k sq ft house) I quoted 10 lights for the fountain and told him that I was only going to light the bottom 3 tiers because the top tier separation would be very time consuming separating the adhesive without breaking it and drilling for wiring. The top is where the water comes out and is about 8 inches of lightable surface (7ft total).He agreed to my proposal. After completion he and his wife said that he paid to light the whole thing and that we should add lights to the top tier for free. I reminded him that he left it to my discretion on how many lights to add and to make it look its best while keeping the cost low. I offered to supply 3 lights free of charge (my first mistake) if he would pay our agreed upon hourly rate and warned him yet again that it would be very time consuming. It took 3 guys a full day to install these 3 additional lights using heavy machinery (which I did not charge any surcharge for) to separate the sections. After completion he was ecstatic with the look but was reluctant to pay the invoice and asked if he okay'd this service. We used a submersible micro LED light that was brand new to the market that began failing one by one within a week after installation. At no additional cost to him we replaced all 10 lights immediately with an alternate style/brand of light by separating all 4 tiers once again and totally re wiring the whole thing. The replacements took about 14 days to get all of them shipped to Nashville from several other supply houses due to covid. He was very upset with the time it took for them to be shipped/install. He then asked if we could repair the original coping if it wouldn't cost too much. I told him it would take 2 guys a day and he agreed for us to move forward at our hourly rate. We reattached it with a concrete bonding adhesive (not wood glue🤣) and used a non sag mortar repair to fill the joints. The original coping extends about 5 inches on either side of the 8inch fountain block wall making leverage its enemy if mistreated. The coping was secure when we left as well as when he called me back out to show him how to adjust the flow adjustment (free of additional charge) as well as when I returned to replace a faulty light that we added to his address sign (that we gave him for free as a thank you for spending so much money with us on this project). It took a few weeks to replace this light due to us having to order the replacement and when I was in the area a week(ish) later to replace it he wasn't home. He did not allow me into his gated community to do it while he was gone. Before we returned he said that multiple other lights were out and I should return asap and replace everything or "If I don't hear from you by the end of the day, I'm contacting my attorney and the 20,000 media outlets to carry our newsfeeds and reviews." The majority of the faulty lights were due to timer that had been adjusted (not by us) and the lights were just not coming on at the same time as the other system. After a a quick look over one of the "faulty" lights I noticed a chipmunk hole and pulled up the buried wires and it obviously had been severed by a rodent. I also fixed it free of charge because of the temper tantrum he threw saying that we should warranty everything we installed no matter why they weren't working even if they are damag. I disagree. The straw that broke the camels back yesterday was when he demanded that we fix a piece of coping that was broken all the [Member Information Removed] off and edges broken in the process. This is 5 months after repair. I denied his demand because it was obviously flagrant damage. This man is a predator who preys on small business and I feel for anyone who does business with him. No room left in this forum for further details, feel free to contact me for other things he wanted for free.

12/22/2020

Nick helped us dream up our landscaping design. He worked to find just the right plants that fit our house and budget. His team nailed the installation for the landscaping and the lighting. They were professional, friendly, and answered all of our questions. Will absolutely use them for the next phase of our addition.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting installation, low voltage repair, landscape design, installation

Category landscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We really appreciate that you chose us for this project and look forward to working again with you in the future. Best regards, Nick

12/13/2020

Yaardvark did a wonderful job revising the landscaping in my front yard. I wanted the beds completely redone and Nick, the owner, did a great job of making suggestions about what we should plant and where. Being new to Nashville, I was not knowledgeable about gardening here. He put me at ease with his suggestions about low maintenance plants that would make the yard pop with color. Their price was reasonable and the crew was friendly and professional. I will hire them again in the spring to redo the back yard.

Description of Work
revision of landscaping in front yard

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch,rototilling

Work Completed On 12/13/2020

11/23/2020

As usual, I got multiple bids, in this case for this 150' Hillside French Drain. Nick of Yaardvark Landscape Management gave a professional assessment of the work, solid advice, and fair price. He his crew, with two trucks and trailers, were able to do the job earlier than we had thought. He work through sunset, I got a First-Class Hillside Drainage System that should last 50+ years, I highly recommend Yaardvark.

Description of Work
150' long French Drain

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

Review for Yaardvark Landscape Management - PO Box 140846, Nashville, TN - 39044289

10/01/2020

These guys are amazing at what they do. I'd hire them again in a flash. Please consider this company .

Description of Work
Had a problem with runoff

Category landscaping,drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Landscape Design and installation. Landscape- outdoor- Low voltage lighting. Grading, drainage solutions & erosion control. Pond-less water feature installation. Irrigation installation and repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express