STEAMATIC

Founded 1970 • With Angi since June 2006

Free Estimates and Inspections, 24/7/365 Emergency Response. A+ Accredited business with Better Business Bureau. IICRC Certified in Water, Fire, Smoke, Mold Remediation, and Carpet Cleaning. S520 Certified in Mold Remediation - NADCA Certified in Air Duct Cleaning....

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

4.3

4.4

carpet cleaning (8)air duct cleaning (3)water damage restoration (3)mold removal (2)basement waterproofing (1)upholstery cleaning (1)

06/30/2020

Kimberly S.

Great experience with Doug and his team. Punctual, courteous, detailed, thorough, and very professional. Thank you!

Description of Work
Air duct and coil cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review, we appreciate your business!

04/28/2020

bekki L.

They are dependable, quality work, very communicative, great price and easy to work with.

Description of Work
They did a crawl space remediation.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/28/2020

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business.

04/24/2020

Autumn H.

They were amazing and did a really good job. They were prompt, on time, in and out quickly, and they took good care of the property.

Description of Work
They did a mold remediation.

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 11/24/2019

Thank you for the review. We are glad we could take care of your property.

05/23/2018

Renee P.

Making an appointment with them was easy. They were prompt, the process was easy and the sofa dry quickly and the carpet dry quickly. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They cleaned my sofa and carpet.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

Thank you for your review.

10/04/2015

Suzanne S.

Fabulous! I met with Mr. Doug Neal, who was not only on time for our initial meeting at my condo, but kindly agreed to come a few minutes later than our previously scheduled appointment time when I explained the difficulty I would have driving to my new condo from the apartment I still live in, due to increased building construction in my area. Mr. Neal was very courteous, and asked intelligent questions regarding the ventilation in my condo that I was unable to answer. Fortunately, the maintenance man at my new condo was able to provide answers to Mr. Neal's questions and a diagram of the interior of my condo building. The day of the duct cleaning I had a doctor's appointment, but the Steamatic crew showed on time and began their work in my condo unit. I was able to meet the Steamatic crew after my doctor's appointment, and before they left my condo. The three young men were also courteous and cleaned up after themselves without any prompting from me. It was a very positive experience.

Description of Work
Steamatic cleaned the ducts in a West End condo I bought August 2015.

Category water damage restoration, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/21/2015

03/26/2015

Dawn G.

Description of Work
Don, my main contact was excellent. Loved his professionalism. I felt very comfortable with him and his opinion. The workers that set up the equipment were not as thorough as they forgot to turn the dehumidifier and hook up a hose that was suppose to be drying our walls. My husband noticed the next morning after he didn't sleep as the machines are very loud 24 hours a day. They apologized and came the next day to hook it up. The crew left a bit of a mess in my house so I wasn't happy with that either since they tracked drywall in my new house. Overall Don is what made the experience positive because he checked our walls and floors for wetness and decided what needed to be torn up, holes put in, or left alone. He was conservative and didn't want to rip out too much that didn't need it which was appreciated.

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 02/24/2015

Hi [removed member name] Thank you for the review on Angie's List. I hope things are getting back to normal finally. The crew's were running hard with all the water damages that were coming in and I do apologize for them not turning your equipment on. Doug has been with us for over 10 years, and yes he is a great guy. Please let me know if there is anything else we can for you. Again, thanks for the review and have a great week. Mary

03/26/2015

Jessica O.

Description of Work
I called Steamatic in a panic over a flooded basement. Joe the owner put my mind at ease and said help would be on the way the next day in the form of men and an industrial trash pump to remove the water. The crew did arrive on time along with a sales rep. Before work was performed I asked for a service estimate - not wanting to get into a situation that I could not afford. The sales rep beat around the bush saying he could not estimate a price. Stupidly, I let them begin working. What was supposed to take 2 hours took two full days. The crew had to bring in 3 different pumps as each one was old, broken and could not finish the job. The second day I demanded a price as I was determined not to be overcharged for their faulty equipment. The sales rep said "between $100 & $200 dollars - but don't hold me to that!" I was pleasantly surprised with this quote and agreed to let them keep working. Later in the day (day 2 of a 2 hour job) - after the SECOND pump failed, I called the owner to complain that I have not received a written quote and that the crew took a break to get a new pump while leaving my front and back doors wide open so that a 'neighborhood wanderer' could walk right into my living room. Good thing I was home, however I was scared to death over a stranger in my home. Since the ground was still waterlogged I was afraid that the water would return to my basement as soon as they finished. I asked them to install a new sump pump and they agreed, to do it in 8 days with a special order pump (that would surely cost a fortune, but I could not get a quote on this either)! I finally convinced them to install one that I bought myself at Home Depot. The crew did stay after hours to install this pump. This $100 pump from Home Depot sucked out all the remaining water in less than 5 minutes, leaving me to wonder why they did not just replace it in the first place. Finally, after 3 days the problem was solved - thanks mostly to the pump I purchased myself. A few days passed and I started to worry about the invoice I had yet to receive. The sales rep then called me wanting to take measurements of the basement (something he should have done ahead of time) and wanting me to sign a 'no big deal work release form' (something that also should have been done in advance). Not wanting these guys in my home at all any more, I provided him with the measurements over the phone and asked him to please email me the 'work release' and the invoice. I received an email with the 'no big deal work release' that turned out to be a binding service agreement stating that they have provided me with a written estimate before work was to be performed and upon signing of this form I was contractually obligated to pay whatever amount the invoice (yet to be received) stated. This is my first home and I have not had to deal with contractors before, but I had the better judgement NOT to sign this form! My husband and I saw this as borderline extortion. I demanded an invoice showing the $100-$200 fee that I was verbally quoted before signing the release form. An entire week passed before I received an invoice for $600. $600! Not anywhere near the verbal quote. While all the charges on the invoice made sense to me, it was obvious that they work with a rate schedule that they had refused to provide me with. Now, I will admit that haven been given this quote before hand, I would have probably agreed to that price for the service (that ultimately did not work). But between the dodgy sales rep and the owner who refused to quote me, we are left feeling taken advantage of by this company. By a sheer stroke of luck our insurance ended up covering this cost. Something that the sales rep said he was going to inquire about but never did. I cannot attest to Steamatic's carpet cleaning, mold and fire remediation work, which is hopefully their specialty, but for water removal do not use. Also, make sure you are given a written estimate before you sign the work release or you could find yourself with a contractor's lien on your house (something that I had read about this company). The crew was kind and hardworking given the tools available. The sales rep either totally dropped the ball or is working under instruction to be shady about estimates. Either way, proceed with caution.

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 02/22/2015

03/27/2013

Judith B.

Their filter is really, really good because they fit perfectly. There is no gaps anywhere. Nothing can get through it. They also do air duct cleaning.

Description of Work
I got air conditioning system filters from Steamatic.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 04/20/2012

07/10/2007

EMILY W.

Pretty well. They were able to come the next day, which was very nice. I was pleased with most of the work, for the price anyway. There was one "spot heavy" area I had only told the cleaner about (instead of showing him), in a room that was rather dark, that did not get cleaned up properly. But I should have checked that before he left, I just assumed it was done well because the other spot-heavy areas were well-cleaned. I'm sure he would have re-done it if I had asked. I don't have much experience with having my carpets cleaned, so I don't know if it was normal or not to have the damp of the carpets giving off an unpleasant odor for a few days. The areas that were not seriously dirty didn't seem to get as good a cleaning as the really dirty spots. Those three things are the reason for the "B" quality grade. Still, for much less than half the price of another reputable carpet cleaning company I got a decent job done on four rooms and a hall, and that's a good deal.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets throughout the house, including some spot-heavy areas.

06/29/2007

ALLYSON W.

They came within a week of my phone call to them and were pleasant to have around. They did a good job on the carpets, even the places which are more heavily used like the hallway. The carpet was dry quicker than I expected and over all I was pleased with the work and the people who did it.

Description of Work
They cleaned the carpet in our 12 x 16 living room, two mid sized bed rooms and a hallway.

06/28/2006

Ravi V.

Steamatic was very professional in their work. They explained everything they were doing, and were clean and neatly dressed. They moved the furniture so they could clean all areas, and put it back in its proper place. We were very happy with the work they

Description of Work
Steamatic cleaned most of the carpets in our house. They cleaned five rooms, hallways and stairs.

06/26/2006

Steamatic did a wonderful job. Many contractors give you a window of four hours to show up, Steamatic had a thirty minute window which was great. I would totally recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Steamatic cleaned five rooms and fifteen stairs in my home.

06/21/2006

E G.

I was very disappointed in the quality of the work by Steamatic. They seemed to be in a hurry, not taking the time to do a good job. After they left, you could see dirt tracks on the carpet. Overall, they were a professional company, but did sloppy work.

Description of Work
I hired Steamatic to clean my carpets. They cleaned the three bedrooms in the house.

06/20/2006

The price is a bit high but they do a great job. We have been hiring them for 40 years. I have never had any problems with this company. I am quite sure if I had to call them back for anything they would be right here.

Description of Work
They did carpet cleaning for us.

Contact

Phone

2219 Dunn Ave

Nashville, TN 37211

Website

We do not repair or replace HVAC components.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal