Aaron Painting & Construction

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2007

Licensed & Insured | Super Service Award winner 5 years running | Aaron Construction has been serving the painting and repair needs of homeowners in the Memphis area since 1982. Our talented and friendly staff will help ensure you get exactly what you want out of your project at a fair price.

house painting (118)general contractors (37)woodworking (31)interior painting (23)siding companies (16)pressure washing (12)handyman (9)gutter repair (9)roofing (7)window replacement (6)deck cleaning (5)cabinet refacing (4)

11/12/2022

Charles B.

HE DID THE JOB WELL . HE PERFORMED THE SERVICES AS CONTRACTED

Description of Work
EXTERIOR PAINTING AND REPAIR

Work Completed On 11/11/2022

04/02/2021

Christopher D.

I spent a lot of time walking in East Memphis during 2020. I was impressed by a painter in the neighborhood. When it was our turn to have the house painted and repaired, I called Aaron Painting. I was not disappointed. The final price came in right on the estimate. The guys who did the painting showed up a few minutes early each day. They got right to work. Each day they did a visual inspection; made a plan; and worked all day. After the first day, I realized I had made a mistake in the color. I decided that I wanted the cedar shingles and the brick to be different colors. Don (the owner) said no problem and got the color I wanted. Don double checked some details with me and kept me apprised of the progress. A week after mostly completing the job they were back to finish up the details, some of which I would have never noticed. (Weather was a factor in not being able to come to the house.) Several of our neighbors have stopped by, asked our painters name and complemented the bold change we made to the house. If it had not been done so well it would not look as great.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Repairs

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

02/24/2021

Philip B.

Don and his crew were hired back in March of 2020 to paint the exterior of my house, replace any rotted siding, and repair the wood rot on my windows. The actual paint job was below $6k, but the wood repair was an extra $2k. The costs itself were a bit on the high end compared to the other quotes I received, but given the online reviews, I went with Don, especially because I trusted that his crew could repair the wood windows. Once everything was finalized, his crew got started and completed the job in about a week. The overall paint job and siding repair turned out great. Around December of 2020, I noticed that a few of these quarter-round pieces were splitting on the exterior sills of my windows. These pieces were installed by Don's crew. I reached out to Don in hopes that he would come inspect and repair it. After a number of back-and-forth attempts, I was able to get Don to my house. He filled in the cracks with caulk and gave it another coat of paint as a temporary fix. He promised to reach back out to me to replace the cracked pieces once his crew was in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting; wood window repair; channel siding repair

Category siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 03/07/2020

11/11/2020

Michael H.

We are very pleased with the work that Aaron Painting did for us, and we strongly recommend Don and his staff to others considering similar work.

Description of Work
Prepped and painted the exterior portion of our house.

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

09/29/2020

Gerald K.

Extremely well. Received a quick response for a quote and work started within two weeks. Work was performed as quoted and the carpenter found a couple of boards needing replacement that we missed on quote. He handled and work was completed in two days. Very pleased overall

Description of Work
Exterior painting and board replacement

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

09/16/2020

timothy D.

Excellent workmanship complete professional would recommend highly

Description of Work
Replace all siding and various trim boards and paint whole house

Category woodworking, house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

06/24/2020

mary G.

Fixed small areas that needed repair. Paint job was very good. I provided all paint.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting /wood repair

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/16/2020

Brent R.

Great work in a timely manner. Outstanding job. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Replace trim and paint trim.

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/24/2020

clyde J.

It cost EXACTLY what he said it would! They did EVERYTHING he said they would do and checked in with us at each step. Completed the work on time and checked with us at least 2 times AFTER the job was completed to see if we there was anything to follow up on and that we were happy with the results! We were very happy with the results! The workers were prompt, respectful, worked hard, cleaned up each day. I would hire them again today!

Description of Work
exterior of the house pressure washed, rotten wood replaced, exterior painted and caulked, gutters cleaned

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

05/19/2020

Kerrmit L.

Did a quality job, neat work and clean up, punctual will use again

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

01/10/2020

Edward R.

Excellent. Quick response. Reasonable price, professional workers. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior paint house

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

12/07/2019

John R.

The job went very well. This was the second time I had used this company for exterior house painting. It rained a lot the week they painted, and there was some touching up to do, but Donald came by and did that himself. He has been very responsive both times I have used his crews for painting and wood replacement. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting, replacement of damaged wood

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

03/29/2019

Mike W.

Workers were prompt, courteous and got the job done faster than I had anticipated. No extra costs. Price given was price paid.

Description of Work
Exterior prep and paint

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

11/05/2018

James M.

Really looks good. Added value to my home.

Description of Work
Wood siding repair, and painted the outside of the house.

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

10/21/2018

Fred D.

Better than expected. They found where water damage happen and repaired every area. It went smooth and he had a great crew, very professional. We are going to have them paint the inside also.

Description of Work
Painted and repaired rotten wood

Category contractors, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

09/27/2018

Karl D.

Best paint job we've had on the house. Aaron painting and Construction came out with a five man crew, that worked from 8am to 6:30 pm everyday. Our house usually takes 2 to 3 weeks to paint, but the Aaron painting crew got it done in 7 days not counting the weekend. They are also a construction company, which means I didn't have to find a carpenter , when rotten wood was found during the scraping process. Don, the owner, was easy to work with, honest, and got the house painted and rotten wood repaired for a fair price. I couldn't be happier with their work! Thanks Aaron Painting and Construction! Great Job!

Description of Work
Painted house and repaired rotten wood on windows and soffits.

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

07/24/2018

Boyd D.

For my project, I chose Aaron Painting & Construction (owner Donald). Quite simply, I am pleased to say I gotthe right contractor for my job. I wasvery satisfied with the price, workmanship, and quality. My view of myproject was mainly a coat of paint with a few siding repairs, so I couldn't use a paint-only contractor; I had to find someone that could do both tasks. Donald (Aaron Painting & Construction) quoted a resonable price for both aspects and, most importantly to me, Donald commuicated clearly and accurately and was also the owner and project manager - so the work was a personal committment as well. As thing always go, there was alot more bad siding than could be seen as the prior owners had painted over bad wood - but this company had the skills and knowldege to comprehensively resolve everything they encountered. Being the typical howeowner, I also threw in the requisite list of 'other' things for them to do and they did them all without a single complaint. My overall experience was very favorable. I am a very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Siding Repairs and Exterior Painting

Category siding, house painters

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

06/10/2018

Kinjal S.

Don and his team did a great job. They started work on the date they promised and his dedicated team completed the work in 3 days. Don provided a very reasonable quote and did an excellent job of wood replacement and exterior painting. His team was very professional and we are really happy with the work. We will definitely hire Don and his team again. in terms of the quote, they were very reasonable. I took quotes from three different contractors and his quote was the most reasonable one. I would recommend at least getting a quote from him before you decide to go with another contractor.

Description of Work
Exterior paining and wood replacement

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2018

01/11/2018

KAREN S.

Very well! Don provided excellent customer service and was extremely patient with me. Without his suggestions, I would have still been trying to figure things out. He and the crew were very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Aaron Painting and Home Repair to anyone needing work done.

Description of Work
Exterior carpentry work; replaced or repaired fascia boards, drip caps, back siding removed, siding added etc. Exterior washed, scraped, caulked, putty and spot primed; also two coats of paint applied. In addition wrought iron doors and mailbox also scraped and painted; This was a much appreciated bonus plus!!!

Category siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

11/16/2017

Ruitian S.

Don is reliable and trustworthy, and absolutely a down(don)-to-earth contractor. Their rate is reasonable. They painted my house beyond what I expected. They did work right, and cleaned after everything is done. They repaired extra without charging extra. I highly recommend Aaron Painting, and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Paint my house exterior.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2017

11/02/2017

Donna P.

This was by far the BEST experience I've EVER had with a contractor! Don Carpenter is a great guy and a very easy guy to work with. He put me at ease the moment I met him for an estimate (he was the first of 4), and I just knew he was a man of integrity. His attention to detail matched my own which was a plus (I am a perfectionist and stickler for details)! He went above and beyond to address and satisfy whatever I brought to his attention. His crew showed up on time every day and worked until just before dark. He promised a 3 day job to thoroughly clean the exterior of my house, power-wash and treat for any mildew and/or stains, replace rotted wood where necessary, caulk and finally paint 2 coats - and he was a man of his word, three days is what it took! I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product! Not only will I rehire him (I'll be needing some internal painting done next spring) but I'm going to recommend him to everyone I know looking for a reasonable, reliable and skilled crew of painters! EXCELLENT WORK Don, thank you so much... the house looks GREAT!

Description of Work
Exterior cleaned, pressure washed, rotten wood replaced, caulking and painting.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

08/31/2017

Robert O.

Addition to my review of 8/31/17: Caution: there are evidently 2 painters with the name Aaron Painting in the Memphis, TN area. My review is for Don Carpenter's company.

Category contractors, handyman service, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

08/31/2017

Robert O.

Excellent! Don and his crew arrived on time, 8 am, all 3 days, took a one hour break for lunch, and quit work around 4 pm. We had pointed out what we knew of rotted wood, but they found much more, mostly window sills and deck wood. Got our approval before doing each job. They also hung a garage LED light for a nominal price. The jobs were brush painted - no sprayers. There was a minimum of overpaint, if any. At the end-of-job inspection, Don immediately corrected the few very minor problems. Great jobs. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Paint home exterior, a deck, and one shed; repair rotted wood in both locations.

Category contractors, handyman service, deck cleaning, house painters