S & M Customs

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2011

We are a complete home repair and remodeling company as well as a handyman service. We install windows and doors, paint interior and exterior, remodel full bathrooms, repair rotten wood and termite damage repair, install ceramic tile and laminate flooring. We are insured, licensed, offer great

SmallHouseBefore

handyman (109)drywall (26)interior painting (24)home remodeling (24)woodworking (24)tile installation (20)door installation (18)house painting (18)window replacement (13)plumbers (12)decks & porches (9)general contractors (8)

06/16/2022

Garret F.

The work was the highest quality, prices were incredibly reasonable, Matt did more than what was contracted for the job, and the entire crew were total professionals. Absolutely the only handyman I would use for any job.

Description of Work
Painted interior house

Category drywall, electrician, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

09/26/2021

joe K.

Matt and Heather did an awesome job. They hand crafted and stained the 12 cedar shutters, stained the 8 6X 6 cedar shutters to match shutters. They installed bead board across our entire porch ceiling and painted it haint blue, looks amazing. They previously repaired a bunch of rotted wood and repainted to match house color. I would definitely recommend them for your home projects. Great work at reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Replace old 4X4 porch posts, replace with 6X6 cedar posts. Hang beadboard slates on porch ceiling and paint haint blue (to include removing trim and replacing trim and painting to match existing house color. Replace 12 plastic window shutters with cedar shutters.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

Review for S & M Customs - 5885 Sycamore Manor Cv, Memphis, TN - 39487816

05/04/2021

Taylor T.

Matt and Heather are excellent workers. They replaced all doorknobs and hung new light fixtures , repaired and replaced ceiling damage and painted the interior of my home. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a major remodel or minor handy man services !

Description of Work
Updating Inside of Home

Category drywall, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

04/26/2021

Vicki G.

S&M Customs is a great company and I absolutely lucked out! I entered my information on Angi's List and received a call from Matt Page within 15 minutes. He came out the very next day! He was on time (a little early which was nice), very nice and extremely thorough. He completed all of my projects on time (early) and did a fantastic job. I would absolutely recommend S&M Customs and will surely hire them in the future!

Description of Work
New furniture assembly, hanging shelves & tighten faucet

Category handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 04/24/2021

Thank you!!

02/27/2021

Larry K.

Matthew did a great job. The snow and cold caused us to reschedule but all work was done quickly and professionally. I would definitely use S & M Customs in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced window

Category replacement windows, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

01/09/2021

Melinda S.

My room addition looks AWESOME thanks to Matt Page and Heather of S&M Customs. It was a pleasure working with them because they were professional, knowledgeable, helpful, timely, thorough, affordable and likable. I could have never imagined how beautiful my room addition would turn out. I definitely plan to utilize the services of Matt Page for future projects!! Thanks guys!!!

Description of Work
Room addition (bonus/bedroom)

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Review for S & M Customs - 5885 Sycamore Manor Cv, Memphis, TN - 39125477

Thank you so much for the review!!

01/09/2021

Melinda S.

Matt Page and Heather with S&M Customs did an amazing job power washing and painting the exterior of my home...and the price was very fair. I appreciate the professionalism, expertise, perfection and attention to detail displayed by Matt Page and Heather of S&M Customs. The work they perform is timely and top notch. I'm looking forward to my next project with S&M Customs.

Description of Work
Power wash my home, replace rotten wood and paint home exterior

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

Thank you for the review!!! It’s been a real pleasure working with you guys.

06/22/2020

Randall B.

Never responded to my request for a quote

Description of Work
Repair patio roof

Category roofing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

05/11/2020

Laura H.

Our bathrooms look great and our kitchen floor is well done. Matthew is very knowledgeable and capable. He had a lot of information and advice for our projects. I would hire him for any project. Good, fair, and reliable.

Description of Work
Two full bathroom renovations, floor tiling, and window replacement

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

05/06/2020

nancy S.

He cam over and looked at the job and never gave me an estimate. I have not heard from him at all. hired another contractor and the job is now complete...plus some other work that I wanted done.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category air duct cleaning, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

03/31/2020

dorothy T.

EXCELLENT--very smooth without any problems.

Description of Work
He connected my new appliances--stove, washer and dryer. removed the old ones.

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

09/26/2019

Jo ann L.

Nor well. Did not show up for appointment. Nor did they call

Description of Work
Did not show up for appointment.

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

Are you sure you have the right company? I’ve never talked to you.

08/30/2019

Top M.

Matt was a pleasure to work with! Prompt, courteous, left the working area clean. I couldn't ask for more.

Description of Work
Repair/repaint drywall from water damage, recaulk shower

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

Thanks Top!! I really appreciate the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

07/25/2019

Shilesh J.

Matt and his assistance did a great job.

Description of Work
Deck boards needed replacing

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

06/30/2019

Alexander T.

I recently hired S&M Customs to restain my deck. Matt did an excellent job. He showed up on time to give the estimate. Job started and ended when he said it would and got it done for the price he quoted me. It also looks fantastic. He had replaced a window for me a few years ago and he exceeded my expectations again. Definitely plan to use again.

Description of Work
Large deck needed complete cleaning and re-staining.

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

06/25/2019

Anedra S.

It went great. All work done as requested...the ceiling in the porch far exceeded my expectations. They will be coming out later this year to paint all the trim on the house, as well as all the doors and shutters.

Description of Work
Repaired and painted the ceiling in the screened porch, power washed siding of house, painted trip and door in screened porch.

Category decks, handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

04/15/2019

Carol B.

The various projects have run very smoothly, from start to finish.

Description of Work
Matt ripped out our old kitchen backsplash, patched in drywall where needed, and then retiled the backsplash. His attention to detail and making sure things were done right, was obvious. We also had him repair walls and ceilings, then paint a large 2-room bonus area/game room over the garage. Top-notch work. We brought him back a month later to paint and repair a lot of first floor trim work. And finally, he'll be back in May to renovate a guest bathroom which will entail demoing the old vanity and mirror, repairing walls, installing new tile and vanity. He shows up on time, has a very nice helper, and they keep their work area clean. You hardly know they're in the house working!

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

Review for S & M Customs - 5885 Sycamore Manor Cv, Memphis, TN - 37820664

Thank you so much!! It’s been a real pleasure working with you.

02/22/2019

Carol B.

Matt did a fantastic job ripping out old backsplash, repairing walls, and installing new backsplash. His attention to detail was awesome. He really makes sure the job is done right. Also had him paint upstairs game room and again, top notch work.

Description of Work
Backsplash Installed

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

Review for S & M Customs - 5885 Sycamore Manor Cv, Memphis, TN - 37727042

02/10/2019

Jeffrey B.

Matt expertly removed the equipment, patched up the holes left from original installation, sanded and painted. Top-notch effort and I can’t see where the work was I done.. he did a fine job of making the work area look like there was never anything previously installed.

Description of Work
Removed ceiling mounted WiFi access point (20 foot ceiling) and removal of 2 outside security cameras. Holes were patched up, painted and sanded.

Category handyman service, house painters

Thank you for your review. It’s been a pleasure working with you!!

10/02/2018

Virginia W.

It went perfectly. He was on time, did the best job ever, cleaned up afterwards. Will definitely use him again and wii recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair, painting in a gate area

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

09/23/2018

Ellen H.

They were great. Always on-time and professional. We are more than pleased with the work completed and continue to use them. We almost didn't want to write a review as we want to keep them to ourselves as it is so hard to find good people in Memphis! Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Small house updates and porch enclosure

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans, house painters, doors, sunrooms, driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/23/2018

Review for S & M Customs - 5885 Sycamore Manor Cv, Memphis, TN - 37420984

08/30/2018

Mona B.

Set an appointment with Matt for an estimate on repairs at a house I own in Memphis. Set the appointment on a monday for that wednesday at 4:30. He asked me to text him my address and I said I would call him wednesday prior to the appointment to confirm. I called him on wednesday ,he said he was just leaving another customer's place , but that I had forgotten to text him my address . I said no problem, I would give it to him then. He then hesitated and then said he wouldn't make it before I even gave my address to him ,despite his knowing in which general neighborhood he needed to be, as per our conversation monday. Did not give me a reason . When I asked , he mumbled something about just leaving a customer's place . I think he just didn't feel like doing the work. My time is valuable and I am very busy .In fact, I flew in from out of state to take care of business on this house . I try not to waste my time or other's time and do what I say I will ..general grown up professional respectful stuff . Then he says he could come out the next day at 4. I thought that not having my address texted to him as opposed to just giving it to him then was not a valid reason to cancel . As I've said ,he knew my general neighborhood from our conversation monday and understood where he would need to be and when regardless. Gave it another chance anyway ,changed the appointment to the next day at 4. Texted the address as soon as we hung up confirming date/time as discussed. He never showed up ,never responded to my texts or answered the phone . His name is Matt .He is unprofessional, unreliable, and disrespectful .A complete waste of a week of my time trying to set up an estimate. It gives me a pretty good idea about the issues I would have had if I had hired them and this is a very lengthy expensive project . I would never recommend a company with this kind of service,or lack of it.

Description of Work
Extensive home reno

Category contractors, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter cleaning, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, roof cleaning, foundation repair, basement remodeling, driveway gates

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

I apologize for the miscommunication. I’m looking into why there are different contact numbers for my company. I never received any texts from you.

08/23/2018

Art O.

Matt was great to work with and did a great job. I especially like the fact that Matt self performs all of the work with the assistance of a helper - he did not subcontract any work to others or work with a large crew. His pricing was fair and he finished the project in the time frame that he gave at the beginning. I recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, wood trim repairs, window glazing/repair, screened porch remodel, interior handyman projects.