Olde Town Interior Exterior Painting & Repair

Founded 1975 • With Angi since March 2010

Super Service Award winner from 2011-2019! We have been providing quality work in the Memphis area since 1975. We specialize in interior and exterior painting for residential and commercial properties. Our painters take pride in providing top quality services and attention to detail. We are also

house painting (156)woodworking (59)pressure washing (41)interior painting (34)cabinet refacing (7)deck cleaning (2)drywall (2)general contractors (22)siding companies (6)gutter repair (3)handyman (2)garage doors (2)

01/31/2022

James J.

Unfinished and won't get back to correct it

Description of Work
Doors installed and reframed and painting interior

Category contractors, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

01/13/2022

BRANDON P.

Sebastian and his crew recently replaced some siding and painted exterior trim for us. The work on the siding was done correctly, but the painting is very lousy and sloppy. Its only been over a month and the painting is already starting to peel & chip. He purchased facial boards with the money I gave him for materials and rather than replacing the siding that needed to be replaced, his guys caulked over the imperfections. He then took all the facial boards he purchased with my money with him after the job was finished. I have tried to contact Sebastian multiple times to have it repaired correctly but he will not respond to my calls or texts. The only reason I'm giving them 2 stars is because the siding work was completed correctly.

Description of Work
Siding Replacement & Painting/Exterior Trim Painting

Category contractors, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

Review for Olde Town Interior Exterior Painting & Repair - Located in, Memphis, TN - 39596936

10/13/2021

Kimberly W.

I absolutely recommend, they did a excellent job remodeling our bathroom from 1950s style to more modern look. We have a old antique bathtub that they refinished and brought back to life. This company did a excellent job painting, Sheetrock, floors and rebuilding a wall that was missing. Sebastian and his crew are the best! They were on time

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/09/2021

11/12/2020

Don U.

Great! They were on time, quick, and left nothing to clean up. They were also very friendly and professional!

Description of Work
Exterior wood replaced, caulking, and exterior painting.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

10/31/2020

Jjim M.

Wrong color paint. Application errors.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

06/26/2020

Rex S.

I have dealt with many contractors through the years and have never written a review for anything, but I would be doing this crew a disservice not to. Olde Town is a veteran owned business that will definitely go the extra mile to ensure their customers are more than satisfied. They are responsive (contacted me immediately, came out the same day for an estimate, and were working on the project 2 days later), reasonably priced, efficient, professional, and genuinely concerned about customer satisfaction. In other words, they are exactly what I was hoping for, and they delivered! Do yourself a favor and contact them for your painting and/or general repair work.

Description of Work
Interior painting/drywall repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

Thank you sir for such a great review you were great to work for.you have a beautiful home and great neighborhood.

05/11/2020

Kim W.

Home was painted to perfection! Recommend Olde Town for any painting job you have. Richard was professional and efficient! His team, included Seth Moffatt, Junior and a few others. Started on a Monday and was finished on Tuesday. They even removed my Sun-Setter awning and put it back up. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painting home exterior

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Thank you so much we work hard to make every family happy with our work.you were great to work with treated us with great respect and I truly respect you for that. if you ever need any thing done let me know if it's a small project we will do it for free.its hard to make 100 percent every one happy but we sure give 100 percent.jobs are not just about money doing a great job is my goal we are picky.

05/07/2020

Lana W.

Not great! The workers did not seem to have much experience. They did not remove the face plates on the electrical outlets. When I noticed the issue they did not go back and correct the issue but did remove the ones in the rooms they were working in. They did not tape around the floors/baseboards/trim. As a result there was dried paint from the rollers on these areas. The sanded areas were not primed as the person in charge said they would be therefore the texture of those areas is different from the rest of the wall. There was paint dripped on the floors in random places. They did not take their trash. The garage had random bags of left over lunches and drinks were left in the refrigerator. What trash they disposed of was put in the recycle bin not the trash bin. The trash bin was empty. The owner came by once but did not make any effort to contact us after the job was completed. I believe he knew we were not pleased but did nothing to try to rectify the issue. There is still paint on the trim of the stairway from the rollers. There was some dispute of the original contract price. They tried to upcharge $700 because they needed to rent scaffolding. When we refused to pay he called back and asked if $100 would be ok. We agreed. But they did not use scaffolding. All in all it was not a pleasant experience and I would NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

I don't think company can make every one happy all our work is always guaranted we were not informed of any of this complaint had we been we would have been their making sure all was done to this family's satisfaction 100 percent of our work is done before we get paid how could I have 165 reviews mostly great job is what we do.will be happy to go make this family happy at no cost of course as owner for 30 years we take no money up front we cheat no one and guaranteed all our work now I have a d because this family did not call me to let me know any thing was wrong we want all customers happy at the time we finished they are happy .they paid us in full had no complaints then and now much time has pass and I get this my reputation speaks for itself if you don't want to use us because of this d nothing I can do i don't think about any thing but a good job the proof is in my ratings.this family can call me and we will go back and do what ever they want at no charge my reputation is worth more to me than money.read 95 percent of my reviews and you will see how we do our work.

05/01/2020

Kimberly W.

I love dealing with Olde Town Exterior Interior Painting and Repair! Mr. Richard is extremely knowledgeable and so personable! His supervisor Seth is very quick to respond and Mario who literally worked all day on my home is so nice! All of the wood/trim near the gutters around the entire house had to be replaced - it looks like a brand new home now!!! I was absolutely amazed when i went outside to look - and they completed the work in just 1 day! I absolutely recommend Olde Town because they do fabulous work!!

Description of Work
Exterior pressure washing and painting as well as Rotted Wood replacement

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

02/26/2020

RUSSELL N.

Excellent experience. This was my first time having this kind of work done as a homeowner and Richard's team hit a home run. Take the time to read through the mountain of A ratings and reviews--my experience was the same. Richard checked in multiple times to make sure I was happy with the work being done and also did his own independent check-ups to make sure the work was up to his standard of excellence. I look forward to working with Richard/Olde Town again in the near future.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, Exterior Painting + Repair and Replace Rotted Wood

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Sir it's was great working on your beautiful home.your job was inside and outside and you have a warranty with my company you ever need us just call feel like we are friends now call me anytime.thanks for the job

12/29/2019

Pratik B.

They did a great job! I will highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 12/29/2019

Thank you sir for the great review you have a warranty so if you have any needs just call.thank you for the job and the kindness you and your wife have us

12/12/2019

Dawn C.

Great! Hired David again for son's house

Description of Work
Interior house painted

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

thanks for the great review. call me if you need any more work done. richaard

11/26/2019

glenda J.

Richard was on time. Was very professional. No mess made. Did great job.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

Thanks so much you are a great lady to work for call of you ever need anything and I will be there.making my customers happy with my work is what I want the most.

10/08/2019

Kathy B.

Mr. Vanover was very prompt with contacting me . He came by , we walked the perimeter of the house and we discussed what needed to be repaired and painted . His superintendent also came and we again walked around the house discussing the job. We wrote a contract and the crew came today ( the next day to start power washing and repairing the wood . There was a crew of 4-5 working on the house. Each worked diligently , with expertise to complete the project. The house was repaired and painted to last a very long time . Quality wood and paint was used at a very fair price ! We highly recommend Olde Town Painting .

Description of Work
Wood replacement and painting of entire exterior of house

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

Thanks for the great review.you have a 3 year warranty most give 1 year. WE used top of the line paint caulk and wood. The paint has a 12 to 20 year warranty. You both was great to work for.thanks again for using us for your work. Richard

10/03/2019

Ali J.

Richard, David and Erick are the consummate professional team. They spent time perfecting every detail of our home. Richard, the owner, was incredibly accessible and attentive to all of our home's needs. We are first-time homeowners, so we weren't sure how to handle the quoting process, etc. Richard gave us great advice and was able to earn our business by being accessible, friendly and professional. This is the kind of business that you want to deal with during a renovation - prompt, kind and professional. 100% recommendation for interior paint and cabinet paint.

Description of Work
Interior wall and trim paint in a 1,300 sq. ft. house. Painting cabinets.

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

GREAT review best I have received thank you so much i feel like we became brothers during the process..ever want to get together you your lovely wife with me and my wife over dinner let me know..Thanks again my friend

09/28/2019

Patricia & Jim H.

The whole experience was great. Richard came out , gave a estimate, and told me how they painted. They did what he said they would do and more, from replacing rotten wood to a great prep job. David and Jim did an excellent job in every respect to painting my home. Finding people of this caliber was a blessing to my wife and I. Need a great job done, call these professionals, you will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Paint exterior of home and replace rotten wood.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/22/2019

Keith R.

Richard and Sebastian made sure that everything was done to my approval. They made sure everything was done correctly. Their crew were very friendly and are excellent workers. I had the cabinets as well as the walls repainted, also on the inside I had the stairway sanded and stained. On the exterior they fixed all the rotten wood. My wife and myself couldn't be more pleased with the work they did, and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted interior and exterior.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Thank you both for such a great review. WE take our work serious and want in the end a happy family .was a pleasure to have the job the job was interior and exterior ,which was a large task to undertake we did so and take pride in doing a great job it's not just about money it's taking pride in our workmanship.you have a warranty so should you ever need to use it just call me.we were treated like family and want to thank you for that.thanks again for using my company for this job

08/26/2019

Kathy D.

I called Olde Town Paint. Richard answered and I felt an immediate connection with him. He was so professional and understanding of my situation. I don’t know how, but he was able to come the next day. In 2 days he and his crew were able to get everything done that I needed. He was prompt, kept me informed of the progress, and made sure I was 100% satisfied before they left. It took a lot of stress off of me getting ready for new tenants. I could not be happier with his company and the work they did. I will absolutely call him in the future for any paint jobs that I need help with. Thank you so much Richard. You are truly a blessing!

Description of Work
I have a 3000 sf house that we rent out. The previous tenants left a lot of nail and toggle holes to repair on almost every wall. We needed to paint all but one room. Needless to say we were scrambling to get everything done in a few day before our new tenants moved in. I decided I needed professional help to accomplish this.

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

Thank you so much for giving my company the job you needed done was a pleasure working for you. Richard AAA OLDE TOWN PAINTING AND repair

08/14/2019

Hank B.

We have nothing but absolute gratitude for Olde Town Interior Exterior Painting & Repair and their entire crew. They are absolute professionals through and through. Their prices were very reasonable and detailed, no surprises. They communicated through out the painting and repair process. Their work is absolutely meticulous, they arrive promptly, always courteous, they clean up daily and are very careful to minimize disruptions for the home owner. No surprises. I cant imagine having another painter after having them. Your satisfaction is their only goal.

Description of Work
Exterior of House Painted with Rotten Wood Repairs

Category siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Thank you for the wonderfully review you made us feel like family your work is guaranteed just call any time if you every need anything done.richard OLDE TOWN PAINTING AND repair

07/09/2019

Flecia M.

Richard got back with me promptly the next morning and made arrangements to come out to see the extent of the damage and provide me with an estimate on Wednesday afternoon. Richard called me back on Tuesday morning and said that after reviewing again the information I submitted and considering the nature of the job / type of work that would more than likely need to be done, advised me to utilize another service provider. He was honest, integrous and knowledgeable - expounding upon the wisdom he had gleaned from his decades in the business! He surmised that with the involvement of a large picture window such as mine, another type of expertise and a more permanent solution to my problem was required. Richard could have done like other service providers before him, did a “band-aid” type temporary fix and just taken my money. But instead, he did the honorable and righteous thing! He was more concerned with my problem being fixed and me getting the service I needed than a payment to his company for services rendered. In addition, he also took the time to provide me with extremely helpful homeowner tips of which I should be aware. Although, I won’t be using Olde Town Interior Exterior Painting & Repair for this particular job, I will definitely utilize Richard and his team when I do have jobs that fall within the scope of services they perform. Thanks, Richard for being such a blessing! :-)

Description of Work
I contacted Olde Town Interior Exterior Painting & Repair late Sunday evening through Angie’s List’s message board concerning wood restoration for the area supporting the large picture window of my home.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

Sir thank for using my company to performed your work on your home.i stank behind my work and if you ever need anything else done feel free to call me.richard AAA OLDE TOWN PAINTING AND repair

01/26/2019

Sandra P.

I recommend Olde Town Painting very highly. Olde Town is EXCELLENT! In the Fall they replaced rotten wood and siding on the outside of our home. Our home looks great! Everyone who works with Mr. Vanover did a fantastic job, cleaned up everyday after they completed work and made sure we were happy with each step of our exterior project. Mr. Vanover and his people are great to work with. We were so pleased with Olde Town Painting and the work that was done on the outside of our home, that the chose them to do work on the interior of home, as well. Once again, each step of the way - Mr. Vanover made certain we were happy with the work that was done and everyday they cleaned up until the project was completed. Mr. Vanover made sure that we were treated with kindness and respect. He and those who work for him understand the importance of customer service. I am very grateful that we chose Olde Town Painting. We would recommend them highly to anyone who needs work done - exterior or interior - to improve the value of your home.

Description of Work
Replacement of rotten wood and siding, painting exterior and interior

Category contractors, siding, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT REVIEW.IT WAS A PLEASURE working on your home inside and out.Both of you were very polite took part in looking our work over and evert thing went great.We take great pride in our work and want only a great job well done and a happy customer.When in your neigborhood i will make sure to stop by say hello and chat with your husband a very kind and good man.Thanks again for the job. And we will always be here for any thing in the future. Richard vanover 901 5694259

01/13/2019

Alisa B.

We met with Richard 3 times before accepting his bid. He promised quality work, punctuality, professionalism and expediency (siding repairs and house painted by Christmas). He gave us a VERY detailed outline of every board that would be replaced and how trim would be rebuilt, priming of boards before installing and house painting needs. Richard's project manager, David, asked us to order siding and have it delivered which we did on Monday, 12/10/18. As we were getting into this project at the beginning of winter, warm, non-rainy days were a precious commodity. The wood sat on our driveway for 3 good weather days before the rain set in. No one came to work on the project except to cover the siding with plastic. The following week the weather was good off and on. David and his team of workers would show up anywhere between 9 and 10:30 am and leave around 2:30 - 3:00 missing several hours of good weather. We had few days of good weather so taking advantage of each hour was important. The following week this again went on. Showing up later than they said they would arrive and leaving with at least a couple of hours of sun left. After the third week of this, along with the work being low quality, we fired this company. The entire time this work was being done, my husband supervised the work. Not because he's a micro-manager but because the work was not being done as Richard and we discussed and Richard promised. Richard was no where around during the project. He was out of town. My husband called him several times and asked that he come see the quality of work being performed. Finally at the end of the second week he showed up. My husband has the option of working from home some days. Thankfully he could do that those 3 weeks otherwise there would have been more disasters than there are. We are hiring another company to complete the job and they will have to redo some of the work Richard's company performed. Siding was put on uneven and not flush to the house. They left an end of our house open for several days allowing roof rats to enter. They tacked up flimsy plastic sheeting that blew off during each storms Finally my husband went out and bought durable plastic for them to staple on that would withstand the rain. They would prime some boards and then not prime others. There was no consistency. They installed the siding the wrong direction on our dormers and it had to all be removed and reinstalled requiring us to buy more siding. Unfortunately, we paid them $1000 each week except the last. The day following their firing, one of the workers showed up at our house because he hadn't been told they were fired. He asked my husband if he had made a payment on the completed work because he hadn't been paid in 3 weeks. I know for a fact David got paid because the bank called me each time he showed up to cash the check we wrote him. My suggestions is to run from this company! Don't walk!

Description of Work
We needed siding replaced as well as some rotten trim boards and then the entire house painted.

Category contractors, siding, pressure washing, house painters