Mr. Appliance of Memphis

Founded 2013 • With Angi since November 2013

5702 Summer Ave

Memphis, TN 38134

Mr. Appliance of Memphis specializes in appliance repair and maintenance to keep your appliances in peak working condition. But repairing your appliances is only part of the job. Our goal is to deliver superior service by taking extra steps to protect your home and become your preferred appliance repair expert. Prompt, efficient attention • A solid quote before the service begins - no surprises • Our "leave no trace" clean-up commitment •Courteous and skilled in-home service professionals • Never an over-time charge - we charge by the job, not by the hour • All work & parts guaranteed...

01/06/2022

Thelma W.

Professionalism, they were very prompt and the person who called me was very courteous.

Description of Work
They fix my refrigerator and washer.

05/14/2021

Jamaica W.

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE. DO NOT CALL THEM TO COME AND REPAIR/DIAGNOSE A PROBLEM WITH AN APPLIANCE! Clearly that is the only way they are making money. Here's why: We called to get our dryer repaired, and wondered since the tech was going to be there could he also price the repair of our washing machine, since the balance light keeps coming on when we do a load, and to replace the outer glass on our oven door. Problem #1 They charged $99 to diagnose the dryer problem. I thought this was odd, but fair, what place doesn't charge to come out and look now-a-days (even though WE ALREADY KNEW THE PROBLEM, THE DRYER WASN'T GETTING HOT!) That should have been red flag #1. However, we proceeded. Thinking the technician would get here, fix the heating element, no problem. Before he arrived I researched average cost to repair this type of issue. Low end, $150/ high end, $300. Fingers crossed it would be on the low end, but we were willing to pay $300 because that would still be cheaper than replacing the dryer. So, he arrives. Takes a look at everything. To repair the dryer was $400+tax!! To fix the off balance load issue with the washing machine was $1200!!! We only paid $700 NEW for the darn thing! And to simply replace a broken OUTER glass to the stove, glass that's not essential, stove still works, just wanted it fixed for aesthetics, a whopping $500!!! We only paid $700 or so NEW for the stove. So I thought to myself, clearly whoever is the brains behind this business must know the value of appliances, and if they are trying to run a fair business would price accordingly. The stove and dryer were about $200 under to repair vs. what we paid for them. Still $200 too much. Why pay $500 to repair a 5 year old stove? When we can just bear with it, and get a new one when it actually stops working? Why pay $400 to repair a dryer, when we can roll up to the Home Depot and get one BRAND NEW for $460? This company's business model is either asinine OR conceited genius. I'm here to tell you all now, don't fall for it. The washing machine quote gave it away, $1200?!?!? We paid a little over that much for the Samsung brand washer and dryer TOGETHER 6 years ago. With repair prices like this, Mr. Appliance should just say, "Hey, we don't repair appliances, we just diagnose problems that you already know about, and you pay us to come out and confirm it". Feeling very cheated and hustled. If you call and have the same experience after they come out, you'd been warned. I wish I could put negative stars on here.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

06/20/2020

Prentiss G.

Technician arrived on time with a pleasant personality. We discussed the problem and he proceeded to evaluate the dryer. I had researched the dryer and it's cost new as well as cost of parts for heating element. He told me it would be $270.00 parts and labor. It took him 20 minutes to complete job. So I ask him how much was labor cost. At that point he replied $175.00 per job that's the company's rate he stated. We are seniors living on fixed incomes. The part cost $39.00 on line. They charged $89.00 for part. We called company to ask about service attendants fees. They can charge their fee oer job, but the attendant said it was a company policy. UNFAIR UNFAIR. $175.00 FOR 20 MINUTES LABOR TO SENIORS UNFAIR

Description of Work
Electric dryer not heating

05/21/2020

Russell W.

Technician arrived, disregarded the error code message, then broke a part and attempted to charge over $1000 to repair. Reminded me of old news investigators who had a minor problem then contact businesses and expose dishonest and unscrupulous companies. After reading reviews on Yelp, it is a technique this company uses. The machine was operable when tech arrived and left inoperable by tech when he left.

Description of Work
Replacing of lid lock on washing machine

01/21/2019

Drew T.

The technician was very nice and friendly and I believe did a great job but that is where the satisfaction ends. The price was outrageous. I was charged $433.76. I was told my washer needed two fill valves because one of them was leaking and while he was in there he might as well replace both. We have washer and dryer stackable units. I helped the technician take the dryer on and off the washer so he could fix the problem. When I signed for everything the receipt only had the total cost. there was no breakdown of the cost of the parts or the labor. After the gentleman left, I googled the cost of the parts and at most it would’ve been $80 with some website selling the parts for his low as $40 so that means I was charged anywhere from $250-$325 for labor. It took the gentleman 1.5 hours to fix and clean up. If he charged me for having to take the dryer off to me that should’ve been written off because I helped him. Live and learn. again I should’ve asked for a cost breakdown because there is no way I would’ve paid $300 for labor. Especially since I helped. I will more than likely not use this company again because I don’t appreciate the price gouging. Again the technician was great he’s only Charging me what the computer tells him and that’s the company’s fault not his.

Description of Work
Water leaking from the washer

01/07/2019

James or cathy L.

Never showed up go so the work ended up buying a new one and u should never give name and addresses to them when they dont show up this is why reviews will not be given

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair

I am very sorry to hear this. I have looked in our system and I do not have any record of your name, address or phone number.. Again, I really do apologize for your experience and I know that must have been frustrating. If you would like you can call our office and I would be happy to talk to you. Our number here directly is 901-505-0106. Thank you and have a great day.

11/16/2018

scott G.

went well. fixed it and fixed the blown fuse it caused

Description of Work
dryer needed mew coils

09/14/2018

Rebecca K.

He came out once, said that he fixed the problem. Nope, we lost another freezer-full of food. We called them back, he came out and said that it was the compressor and we needed to replace it. He quoted us $1000 for this. He came back to put in the new compressor-- then told us it would be $1300. Fine, whatever. Said that this was the only thing that could go wrong with the freezer, so it was fixed. Nope,we lost another freezer-full of food. The serviceman came back and said that he mistakenly didn't fill the freon last time, but now it was fixed. Nope. Waiting on the 4th visit, to get our money back, and get a new freezer probably. Each time we have had scheduling problem. We make an appointment, and then they call at a random time the day of or the day before our appointment and say that they are on their way-- at a time that is not within their 2 hour window. Today, when I called to make our 4th appointment, I was told that I could choose any time-- their schedule was open. So, when I called back 5 minutes later to change the appointment time, I was first told that "sure, the new time was fine." I then got a call back saying that I had talked to the answering service and they had the wrong information and that my new time was not available. I then got a phone message at the same time as I was talking with them, that my new time was available. WHEN THE HECK WILL THIS GUY ARRIVE-- IT IS ANYONE'S GUESS. Only use this company if you like being frustrated from start to finish!!!!!!!!! We will never use them again.

Description of Work
Fix freezer

09/09/2018

Bob B.

Good professional service. Prompt and quickly taken care of.

Description of Work
Control panel replacement

08/23/2018

Douglas S.

This narrative details our experience with Mr. Appliance during our attempt to repair our 2016 LG-manufactured Kenmore Elite refrigerator, which had lost its ability to maintain sufficient cooling. To begin, without exception their employees, be they the technician who came to our home to troubleshoot and repair our refrigerator or those with whom I spoke on the phone (I shall refer to them as their office staff) were unfailing polite and congenial. What's more, on the two occasions their technician visited our home he made a point of donning disposable fabric shoe guards before he entered the house, a simple gesture we genuinely appreciated. However, this is the extent to which our satisfaction with Mr. Appliance ends, and here's why. The communication between their office staff and their customers is extraordinarily poor to the point of being non-existent. While their technician showed up promptly on the morning of Wednesday, July 24 for our first scheduled appointment, our next three service calls were all no-shows. The technician originally diagnosed that the faulty component in our refrigerator was a failed thermostat, and using his iPad, scheduled a return visit five days later, on Monday, July 30 between the hours of 8:00 AM and noon. No one more than I (as a retired airline captain) understands that replacement parts are not always on hand, and that it can prohibitively expensive to maintain a ready supply of replacement components in stock, but having said that, if the part is unavailable at the time of the scheduled repair the customer should be told this ahead of time. We arranged our schedule to expect their technician to arrive by noon on July 30, and when I called their office after 2:00 PM I was told that Mr. Appliance's customary daily UPS delivery had not yet been made, thus the new thermostat had not arrived and, as a result, our service appointment had been rescheduled to the following day, on Tuesday, July 31. The technician returned the following morning and his subsequent inspection of our refrigerator revealed that a portion of its compressor had failed as well, and upon giving us an estimate of what it would cost to remove and replace the compressor, we agreed to have this repair done. Showing us the available (open) service call dates on his iPad, he promised to return three days later, on Friday morning, August 3, between the hours of 8:00 AM and noon. Once again, he never showed up that morning, and when I called Mr. Appliance later that day to inquire about his whereabouts, I was told that we had been rescheduled a week later to the afternoon of Friday, August 10, because a replacement compressor had not been found. Becoming wary by now, I called their office on Thursday, August 9 to verify that a Mr. Appliance technician was scheduled to arrive at our home the following day, on Friday, August 10 between the hours of noon and 4:00 PM. I was assured that he was. However, once again this was not the case, for at 3:07 PM the following day, Friday, August 10, I called to ask if a technician would be arriving at our home within the next 53 minutes as we had been promised the day before. The answer again was "No, we haven't located a replacement compressor yet, but we'll call you when we do to make another service call appointment." When I asked why we were, once again, never advised of this, I was told that at precisely 4:32 PM the previous afternoon (on Thursday, August 9), approximately one hour after I had called to verify our appointment, a member of their office staff called and left a message to say that our service appointment had been indefinitely delayed. We found no such voicemail message on either our home landline telephone answering machine or on my cell phone. Moreover, as each our our home's three landline telephones have Caller ID and digitally record the number of each incoming call, we found that only two telephone calls were made to our home that day, both telephone numbers we easily recognized, with the second call being made at 12:54 PM, not 4:32 PM. Thinking that the Mr. Appliance office may have incorrectly recorded our telephone numbers, I called back on Monday afternoon, August 13 at 3:30 PM to verify that information. The young lady who answered recited what she found stored in their computer records, and our contact information was absolutely correct. What's more, when I called their office on three separate occasions to learn the status of finding a replacement compressor, I was promised by each supervisor with whom I spoke that we would be called back with an update "within a day". That, too, never happened. We heard nothing. Again, I understand the difficulty in securing OEM replacement parts, particularly when LG refused to release a new compressor to Mr. Appliance simply because we had bought our refrigerator from Sears, and insisted that we would have to call one of Sears' service centers to schedule repairs. (We were told that on Tuesday, August 14 when a female representative from "LG Electronics" in Alabama telephoned to tell us this). We genuinely appreciate the efforts that the staff of Mr. Appliance went to locate and secure a replacement compressor for us, but what baffles me is the complete lack of courtesy and consideration on their part to apprise us, the customers, of any appointment cancellation well before the service technician is supposed to arrive. Having to wait for replacement parts to arrive is irksome enough, but waiting around for half a day for a technician to show up when he never intended to in the first place is downright annoying, especially when it happens three times within a twelve-day period. So, would I recommend Mr. Appliance to any other potential customers in need of an appliance repair? Absolutely not.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

Gthomesolutionsllc.

We are a family owned business that has over 15 years experience in all major appliance repair and install. We also specialize in small home handyman services. We pride ourselves on integrity and getting the job done right guaranteed. Our prices and service are second to none. We look forward to doing business with you and your family. God bless.

RW Heating, Air, Plumbing & Electrical Inc.

One of the most popular heating and cooling companies in Northern MS, RW Heating & Air has dedicated our business to high standards. OFFERING NEXT DAY A/C INSTALLS - we have the product on-hand and ready to install. We do everything we can to provide the best quality in all of our services whether we are doing installation, maintenance or repairs. Our friendly customer service staff will make every effort to get your problem taken care of fast, even on nights and weekends. Our skilled, licensed HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Technicians will provide you with efficient, professional service. Our team takes pride in offering the area’s best customer experience. We pride ourselves on value, by providing quick and cost-effective solutions from friendly technicians. You can rest assured that we won’t try to up-sell you on improvements you don’t need. If it doesn’t make sense for our customer, it doesn’t make sense to us. Doing business the way we’d like to be treated means being upfront, honest, and considerate of your home.

Offers by RW Heating, Air, Plumbing & Electrical Inc. on Angi
    Stewart Plumbing Co

Angie's list Super Service Award 3 years in a row! Since 1993 Stewart Plumbing Company, Inc has been serving the Memphis and North MS communities with quality and professional plumbing service. We believe that quality service should be our top priority and that has been our focus since the early days of this business. We also believe that we have to serve our customers needs with the best quality people to provide quality service. At Stewart Plumbing you can rest on the fact that we provide only the best people in the industry. We drug screen and background check our employees to make sure we provide a safe technician each and every time we enter a customer's home or business. We also make sure our technicians are properly licensed and trained for the job. We then back our work with the best warranties in the business and a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can rest on the fact that the job is done right and we will stand behind our work. Please give us a call and allow one of our company representatives to assist you with your plumbing needs. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Your Stewart Plumbing Team!

Offers by Stewart Plumbing Co on Angi