Maclin Security Doors Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2006

Family owned and operated since 1986...

S & M Customs

We are a complete home repair and remodeling company as well as a handyman service. We install windows and doors, paint interior and exterior, remodel full bathrooms, repair rotten wood and termite damage repair, install ceramic tile and laminate flooring. We are insured, licensed, offer great discounts and give free estimates within 100 miles. We are a family based company so our customers are our priority!

Offers by S & M Customs on Angi
Df construction llc

Give us a call, or click for an estimate, today!

Cransten Service All Stars

Cransten is your personal home services concierge to take care of all the jobs around the home that you need completed.We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

12/08/2020

Johnny B.

The work began the first Wednesday in October 2020 as promised. It was completed 2 days later. I was please, however 2 weeks later I noticed a bubble or separation in the middle, ceiling panel. I called and spoke to John Maclin, John instructed the installer, Hunter to inspect the ceiling. Hunter sent his employee out to inspect the issue. The employee suggested to reinstall the roof. The employee suggested making some sort of adjustment first by using a 2x4 as a brace. This contact with the employee was made over 30 days ago. I’m still waiting on a resolution. Today is 12/07/2020. Johnny Brand

Description of Work
Install a sunroom on top of my slab patio.

Category sunrooms

07/21/2019

Kathy W.

Metal roof on patio was put up May 2016. It always leaked, they wouldn't come back to fix it they told me to caulk it. We kept the gutters cleaned always. It rained one day and the patio top collapsed. I called them trying to get it repaired, after all its only been up 3 years. I expected to pay to fix it, but Jason told me they had to replace it couldn't be fixed and price has gone up from $2668 to $3500. He took me this on the phone never saw the damage, he just wanted to put up new one. I told him I wouldn't have another one. This one fell with rain and clean gutters!!! I would never recommend them for metal roof ever again! Why would I pay $3500 for something I knew the rain would collapse it? They didn't even offer to help with anything. These gutters were clean, I notice they blame everything on glutter cleaning.

Description of Work
Metal roof on patio

Category metal restoration,doors

We very rarely see patio covers fail unless extreme weather or unkept gutters. This would not allow water to escape the top of the cover if the gutters are full therefore explains it collapsing 3 years after installed. Our warranty is a full year to make sure there are no leaks or issues regarding install or product failure. This particular incident happened three years post install and wouldn’t just collapse 3 years later without something else contributing to the problem (gutter full of leaves)We have no way to ensure the homeowner properly maintained their cover or gutters. We offered to replace at the current market value just like any of our customers. Unfortunately we don’t control prices of aluminum and everything costs more 3 years later. We are sorry this did not satisfy the customer. I just realized. You did a review in 2017 talking about how bad the leaves were and you couldn’t get to them to clean them. So your gutters were clean this time I suppose. Said you would never use us again but you contacted us back to have us replace it again. I guess some people just try and get something for nothing and when they don’t they want to make false accusations and write bad reviews. It’s so sad. We are a Christian family owned company and it makes me sick when people want to try and get something for nothing. If you are reading this review. Please read the review in 2017 she made and then read the one from last year. Someone isn’t being truthful. I’m sorry but sometimes you just have to tell the truth. This cover failed 3 years later from not taking care of it. After she made false accusations and bad reviews we were still willing to replace at the new cost years later.

05/30/2018

Justin M.

Amazing quality and service. I recommend them to anyone that needs doors. I will definitely be a returning customer.

Description of Work
Had 5 custom size doors done.

03/07/2018

Eric M.

It was great to work with Maclin Security Doors. Jason Maclin walked us through the process and helped us understand everything along the way. Would recommend Jason to anyone.

Description of Work
Screen Enclosure

Category awnings,doors,sunrooms

10/25/2017

Margaret W.

Ashley came to measure my door frame, and she was on-time and did an excellent job. She recommended that I change my door opening from the left side to the right side to better access my ramp. That's not an idea that would have occurred to me, but it improved the situation. It turns out I needed a custom-sized door, and Maclin makes them on-site. My door was ready within a week, which was less time than Ashley estimated. Jerry did an excellent job installing it. It's a superior door to what I had -- heavier, with a more sophisticated lock (according to my locksmith who re-keyed it to match my other doors) and with removable glass for cleaning. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Maclin Security Doors, and will use them again should the need arise. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
My security door lock broke, and I used it as an opportunity to get a better quality door from Maclin Security Doors, Inc. I consulted Angie's List, the Better Business Bureau, and Nextdoor.com to get recommendations, and Maclin received the most impressive number of votes/scores from all of these sources.

06/05/2017

Kathy W.

I found this company on angies list like i usually do and all is usually good. But not this time. I called them for the service, patio cover was put up that week in 2 hours. The guy that put it up said if it leaks when it rains mark the spot and I'll be back to caulk. He never returned, i called to ask about it and the guy's first response was "you just now calling" I'm not please with the cover at all! It has deep groves on the top, which catch leaves. These leaves go straight to the gutters that came with the cover. The gutters are cluttered every time it rains! We are not able to clean them every time it rains and you should not have to. They are constantly stopped up therefore the gutters back up in the patio. I would never use this company again, they are not professional with service or any problems. I even told my sister about them right after i got the top and she got one, she's got the same problem. I read some bad reviews on this company last night when i googled the company. I really believe in angies list and will continue to use her but not this company ever again. The first pic is where water leaks in. You can see the drops of water even tho it's not raining now. The second pic is where it backs up inside the patio. You can see the dirt on the inside where it rained 4 days ago.

Description of Work
Patio cover.

Category sunrooms

I truly hate that you feel you had a bad expience in any way. We stand behind every job no matter the size. But let me start by saying you have to maintain or clean anything you purchase. You have large trees as you see in the picture. We give you a complete one year warranty not to leak and if it does we stand behind our work. If the patio was leaking months ago it would have been an issue. We have had some very large storms and of you don't clean your gutters out and the water backs up you will have problems. We are a small family owned company and stand behind every job we do. Our name means more than one job. I wish if you were having issues you would have reached out to us earlier. I still will as a courtesy to you get out to fix the leaks even though it's out of warranty but you have to keep the gutters clean or you will continue to have issues.

10/03/2015

Robert D.

Prompt and professional installation. Arrived on time. No problems.

Description of Work
Installed patio cover

Category awnings,doors

03/20/2015

Mark K.

Did a great job from first consultation to installation. Worked with me to help come up with what I wanted and needed. Flexible and accommodating. Everyone I had contact with were very nice and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Installed 2 security doors.

Category doors

Thank you so much for the business and we really appreciate the review. Word of mouth is the best advertising and we can't thank you enough from the Maclin family.

08/16/2014

Jeffrey C.

Smooth and fast installation. Doors are great!

Description of Work
Two new security doors purchased and installed.

Category doors

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to doing more business in the future. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Thank you. Jason Maclin.

06/24/2014

mary R.

Removed our old storm windows and casement windows, hauled away. Installed new vinyl windows. Installer was professional, quick and did a neat job. My door is beautiful. It is the glass that won't break so I feel very secure. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Installed windows and security door. Excellent quality, professionalism, good value/price. Would highly recommend.

Category replacement windows,doors

Thank you [Member name removed] for the business. We really enjoyed working with you. We look forward to doing more business in the future. Thanks again. Jason Maclin.

Maclin Security Doors Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2006

6671 Summer Ave

Memphis, TN 38134

Windows, doors, awnings, car ports & patio enclosure installation, replacement & repair.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa