Landscape Works Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2008

2562 Sam Cooper Blvd

Memphis, TN 38112

Landscapes Works, Inc. can design, install and build a landscape that is both flourishing and functional. As your landscape contractor we can help you to create the landscape of your dreams with colorful annual and perennial flowers, trees, shrubs and a variety of native plant species. You will

07/07/2015

christine C.

11/07/2014

JAMES G.

I telephoned and left a message for Michael Wayt on 9/16/14, and he called back immediately. I explained that I wanted to consult with him in person about planting several trees and shrubs in my yard. He said he would call back the next day to schedule an appointment, which he did. He arrived on 9/19, on time, for the consultation. He was knowledgeable, professional, and personable, and, from my perspective, our meeting was a success. He provided lots of helpful suggestions. He said he would draw up a plan and estimate for me in about a week. (There was no urgency about getting the plantings done; I was shooting for sometime in November.) Michael's initial proposal arrived via email on 9/30, and over the next few weeks he and I exchanged questions, answers, and ideas via email and telephone about what specific shrubs and trees we should plant. Eventually, I sent him my final list, including a couple of landscaping tasks, and he sent me a quote of $1,775. My list: Extend by 3 feet an existing low, brick border; provide and lay 6 stepping stones; transplant 5 existing shrubs; dig up and discard 2 existing shrubs; provide and plant 6 new shrubs; provide and plant 1 small crape myrtle; and provide and plant 3 trees. Michael and two assistants arrived at 8:15 on 11/4 and completed all the work by 12:30. One additional thing they did was to take the sod that they had removed to dig holes for the new plantings and plant it in areas that needed an infusion of healthy grass. All the planting, transplanting, and landscaping was done carefully and attractively, and the crew then watered all the plantings. Thankfully, they did an excellent job of cleaning up afterwards. Michael was a real pleasure to work with throughout the process. Not only was he professional, knowledgeable, and personable, he exhibited a good sense of humor. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for future plantings and landscaping. My only suggestion to Michael would be to answer all emails. A few times, I had to follow up my email with a phone call because he hadn't answered the email. The final cost was a little lower than the quote because I (rather than Michael) purchased 4 of the shrubs at a local nursery, and Michael provided some mulch and transplanted the sod (see above), neither of which had been included in the quote.

Description of Work
Consulted with me about my planting needs, then provided and planted several trees and shrubs in my yard.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel

02/14/2014

James H.

After calling 3 separate times over a 2 month period and being told each time I would get a call back, never received a call. Work on web page may look good but response is sorely missing.a Can only image how bad the actual work relationship would have been. Contracted with another company and the total job was over $25,000.

Description of Work
wanted landscaping, patio, courtyard work

06/21/2013

Lauryce G.

The workers were knowledgeable and friendly. They make sure to take care of you even after the job is done. The price was great too. They cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
Landscaping.

06/17/2013

Thom E.

Weather intervened with original date. Afterwards declining contact with me. Eventually, even after my initiated followups, no contact. Apparently he has dropped his interest in project. Have to rate business courtesy, punctuality, followup, reliability all an F.

Description of Work
surveyed property for causes of washouts. talked with grading contractors, arrived at overall price

04/17/2013

Joseph S.

He's great. He really does a good job. He's punctual. When he says he'll meet you he shows up. When he says he's going to do a job, he does the adequate research, draws up an appropriate agreement, and sticks to the estimate he provides. He was exactly what I was looking for in a landscaper.

Description of Work
Michael Wayt is the man that I worked with. He installed box woods, did various plantings, and mulched the beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

10/13/2012

Walter C.

Michael Wayt is a nice, courteous and professional man. He and his crew did an excellant job, for a reasonable price. We highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They remodeled the wall for our flower bed in our front yard. They also moved several plants and mulched the bed and a dogwood tree.

Category landscaping, lawn service

08/27/2012

John B.

The job performed by Mr. Wyat and his employees were knowledgeable an efficient in their handling of the job.Mr. Wyat was very helpful in suggesting several aspects of the job. It would be redundant to repeat the details in the above block. Suffice it to say that we were elated with Mr. Wyat and his crew for their kindness as the work progressed. But, as stated above, we are deeply indebted to Landscape Works Inc. for thier assistance.We highly recommend this company to the angies List family.

Description of Work
At the south end of our backyard, we had an unattractive overgrown section that needed to be reworked. Neither my wife nor I could do this heavy duty work. I accessed Angies List for Landscape assistance and decided to contact Landscape Works Inc. owned and operated by Mr. Michael Wyat. Within a few days, the problem area had been surveyed, an estimate given and accepted. Our backyard has a sizeable bank on the backside of the yard. The bank had become seriously over grown with weeds. Nancy, my wife, had gardened on the bank, but health issues had prevented her caring for her plants. We decided to access Angies List for a LandScape company who could assist us. I found the Landscape Works Inc. owned and operated by Mr. Michael Wyat. He graciously gave us a survey of the yard and provided us with an estimate for the job. He has three employees. On the first day, the three employees completely cleared the vegetation from the bank and several garden spots in the backyard; and one flower bed just outside the front door. Clearing the front yard flower bed included removing three ornamental shrubs. This vegetation was loaded on their truck to be taken to the Tipton County Refuse Center for disposal. Then a tiller was used to prepare the bank and the several garden spots so the men could spread bermuda sod on the bank and the other spots in the yard. On the third day, the sod was picked up and delivered by Mr. Wyat' s employees. They efficiently spread the sod over the bank.They, then competed that part of the job of spreading the sod by covering the several garden spots in the back yard and in the flower bed just outside the front door. After completion of the sod laying, the employees watered the entire job and Mr. Wyat told us we would need to water the sod every other day as long as there was no rain. We are very pleased with the new backyard that Mr. Wyat and his employees established for us. I would highly recommend Mr. Wyat's company for those who have a challanging landscaping job.

Category landscaping, lawn service

04/27/2011

Tami F.

Excellent work from start to finish

Description of Work
Two significant drains installed Major catch basin installed 200 feet of pipe Pool patio drainage improved Gutter drains installed

Category irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

03/26/2011

Al W.

As noted above, I never heard back from this company. I realize this is a busy time of year for landscapers, but I would have expected a call-back even if it were just to say that they were too busy to deal with me at this time.

Description of Work
I contacted this vendor and asked for an estimate on a landscaping job at my residence. I never heard back from them.

01/04/2011

Christine C.

I would definitely recommend this company. They installed a patio of flagstones as well as sod in the backyard. The patio was the best price I found and the sod was comparable to the best. The patio is beautiful. I got to go with M. Wayt to pick out the stones at Christie's and chose the Tennessee Variegated Apple Orchard, which was exactly what I wanted and made me truly happy because it's a local stone, too. All the work was done quickly, efficiently. The work force was courteous, all foreign material was hauled away. And the owner, Michael Wayt went well beyond the call of duty in trying to help me fix the drainage problem caused by a condo and parking lot built on the end of my block. I first hired them to deal with the drainage problem, which basically amounted to a river running off the condo parking lot into my lot. The work on that is ongoing, but the situation is much improved by the work they've done and Wayt has put me in contact with those who might help me solve the problem, completely (county and state offices).

Description of Work
They installed drains in the backyard. They installed a patio of flagstones as well as sod in the backyard.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

10/11/2010

Carol I.

During the June heavy heavy rain storm, the house was flooded. All carpeting had to be taken out. Needed to be sure this could not happen again.

Description of Work
Back yard needed rain water re-reouted. Dug out some areas and resodded to create flow away from house.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

07/11/2010

JIM C.

Called Michael based on the glowing reports I found here on Angie's List. It took some time before we were able to meet and establish what needed to be done. It took an extended period of time before Michael was able to get started and then complete the project. When Michael was on site to supervise things went well. When he wasn't on site there were issues and some portions of the job had to be redone. I would use Michael again if we can agree on specific time frames for the project and his personal role in the project.

Description of Work
Reconfigured landscape beds. Resodded the front yard. Installed french drain. Installed drainage to move water from downspouts to the street.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

10/16/2009

Patricia B.

The nicest crew that ever worked anywhere. Polite and neat. Work was done promptly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Added irrigation system to backyard and part of front and rebuilt a French drain and built a flower bed in back yard.

10/01/2008

MARCELLE E.

Listens well. Realistic about what can be done within budget. Does beautiful work. High integrity. I very much enjoyed working with Mr. Wayt and highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Underground drainage work front and back yards. Beautiful stone walls and terraces.

Century 21 Construction, LLC

Century 21 Construction, LLC is a construction company specialized in masonry and carpentry. Masonry includes brick, stone, block, tile, and concrete. Carpentry is available for new and existing projects! We also make wonderful pergola’s and arbors! Our staff combined has over 50 years of experience. We are local and looking to earn your business. Call us for a free estimate now! 901-437-1098

Smart Water Irrigation & Lighting

Smart Water has an excellent reputation for quick response, guaranteed customer satisfaction and a personal relationship with all customers! In order to take care of the earth, we must take smart measures towards conservation of her natural resources. We get to know your yard and lifestyle to create a personalized, conservative design for the best irrigation, drainage or outdoor lighting that makes it easy for you to enjoy a beautiful yard. With our many years of experience providing Commercial and Residential Irrigation, drainage and landscape lighting in Memphis, you can be confident we will run your project smoothly. We offer discounts to all retired militrary, active military, teachers, and retired teachers. Fax: (901) 382-8319

Precision Level and Square

HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTOR EXCAVATION TEAM. LICENSED,BONDED & INSURED

Landscape design, build, and maintenance services