Greg Touliatos & Associates

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2006

62 Flicker St

Memphis, TN 38104

Greg Touliatos & Associates, Inc. is a group of dedicated environmental artisans. We specialize in the finest quality landscape design, horticulture, and garden installation. Our corporate logo is: "A Tradition of Creating Environmental Excellence" We select our staff of associates for their

11/28/2016

Randy M.

Was responsive to what we asked. Seemed a little pricey but did not offer much in the way of creativity

Description of Work
Received a waterscape plan and also had some cleanup done on the existing waterscape

Category landscaping, fountains

05/21/2015

Vicki W.

Description of Work
Greg and his team clean and maintain our pond every year. They do a super job!

Category landscaping, tree service

03/21/2015

Tina M.

I enjoyed the process, they were super helpful, I loved the nursery they have to walk through to see the plants your are discussing After just buying a home I didn't have the money to pursue at this point. I didn't get any other quotes so I assume this was a fair quote since so many people in my neighborhood use them.

Description of Work
I just purchased a home and received a beautifully drawn plan for my front garden(around 9k) and a cost for clearing my backyard.

10/21/2014

Pamela D.

As this is their busy season they were not able to come out and give me an estimate for about a week. Mark responded and due to his experience and horticultural knowledge was able to provide a much needed solution. My property is rather large and has several problem areas. I have erosion issues around the pond which will ultimately be costly to resolve, but he broke down the much needed work into separate phases to help with the cost. I knew this would be a bit on the expensive side, but I was looking for someone who really understood my specific needs to use native plantings for improving the landscape, help with erosion issues, and minimal maintenance. I chose this company as I was looking for a greener or a more natural landscape solution, and the fact this company has been in business many years. Phase one of the work has been completed and I am extremely happy with the landscape improvement/solution. i will definitely consider using them again in the future to do more of the necessary work outlined in the original plan.

Description of Work
Created a large naturalized bed in a troublesome area where grass refuses to grow and was contributing to erosion issues

06/10/2014

BARBARA L.

They were wonderful to work with. They were too busy to do the work for me.

Description of Work
Greg came out and drew up landscaping plans. I purchased the plans from him.

03/28/2014

John A C.

They are very good and very expensive. They are responsive and punctual when they come out to do the service. They always treat me professionally.

Description of Work
We used Greg Touliatos & Associates. They put in a patio, pond and landscaped about 10 years ago. Often they come and clean the pond, but they don't come on a regular basis.

Category landscaping, lawn service, fountains

01/06/2014

Robert H.

See above

Description of Work
Crew installed a 15 foot magnolia tree. Provider discussed best location for the tree and then set up a date and time to complete the work. The job was completed on time and the yard was cleaned up as promised. Provider gave comprehensive instructions on the care of the tree and said to notify him of any problems. The tree has flourished over the past 10 years.

01/03/2014

Lindi V.

I am looking to do major upgrades to my backyard landscape, having moved into a house with a large yard, but 10 plus years of neglect in the garden. I called the company. They were considerate and professional. We scheduled an appointment for consultation within a 1 or 2. Materials were sent to my home. I was informed of the $75 consultation fee. The landscape architect arrived, toured the yard, and said he had some great ideas. And that is were we left it. In order to find out those ideas, I needed to pay another $200-300 for drawings. I just felt like without knowing if I like the ideas, I did not need them drawn up. I have had two other landscape architects out who have been willing to discuss their ideas and draw basic drafts without these upfront costs, and now I can decide what plan I like and proceed with pricing out the project.

Description of Work
looked at my backyard. (consultation)

09/03/2013

Guy R.

excellent communication and comprehensive written information supplied.

Description of Work
provide information on their services

Category landscaping, tree service

05/06/2013

GIL H.

The initial appraisal was thorough and well laid-out, with color artwork and a description of each plant by species. Installation was good, with hispanic laborers and English-speaking supervisors. All did well in the execution of installation, and the plants are, for the most part, health (the garden ferns are taking their time to perk-up, but it's a cooler-than-average spring here). The only thing missing now is the installation of the fountain pump, which must be a special order from their facility, as it has been a couple of weeks since we last saw them. I feel certain that last part will eventually reach us. In the meantime, the garden is maturing as the days become warmer.

Description of Work
Installation of a rear-house garden within the confines of a walled courtyard. Depth: 3 feet. Length: about 20 feet.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

04/02/2013

Melanie C.

They were very punctual. They cleaned up their work. I changed a lot of things because I do garden myself and I worked in line with the owner when I would change things. Their foreman was very knowledgeable. Their crew were very good with these changes. I did not have to be here. They were very good, organized and cleaned up very well. They did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
I used Greg Touliatos & Associates for landscaping. They cleaned the pond. They did some rock work and some clean out work and put in new shrubs.

Category lawn service, hardscaping

12/17/2012

Melanie C.

There were no problems and I communicated with Greg on changes I wanted daily with E-mails and all went well.

Description of Work
They dug up old plants and removed some of them and replanted some. They did extensive clean up work of overgrown shrubs and planted new ones. They also did a lot of rock work and dry creek bed work that I needed as well as cleaning the pond and generally refurbishing the front and back yards. The front grass was replaced. Greg knows so much about plants and does not do cookie cutter plans like so many landscape companies do. He understands individual tastes and his workers are very knowledgable and need no direction from the homeowner because they have been told exactly what to do. They are also very polite and they clean up everything. I will use them again happily.

08/16/2011

Danny S.

They are excellent.

Description of Work
Trees's By Touliatos redid some flower beds, redid sods in the front yard, removed some tress and planted some plants about three weeks ago.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service

06/10/2011

Lynn H.

Very prompt and knowledgable. Gave me some good ideas that I had not thought about - including adding a ramp to the circular driveway we were installing. Wasn't excited about paying for the consult at first but he spent about an hour and discussed lots of options that I could do myself, so in the end I was very pleased. Considering having them come draw up a landscape plan.

Description of Work
Landscape consult

10/24/2007

Martin J.

My experience started great. The sales rep showed up right on time and was very professional. The middle part was, unfortunately, average. I had to call to find out when work would start, and then that date was pushed back two days. I only learned about this delay by calling the company at 3:00 the day before work was to begin. Otherwise, I would have been home from work to accommodate the workers, but no workers would have been there. I feel that they should have alerted me of this delay proactively, especially considering the amount that I was spending. Once the work began, the workers were very professional and their work was great.

Description of Work
Removed concrete pad, cleared out vegetation in the back yard and constructed a retaining wall.

Category hardscaping

03/18/2007

R CRAIG J.

Great!

Description of Work
Supplemental work to original landscaping design and installation. Moved 2 plants from back yard to front, added a new tree to back yard, and added 3 small plants and variegated monkey grass to front plant bed.

Brittany W.

Honestly, I thought the guy was kind of hard to work with. He made various comments in which I didn't feel were very appropriate. As far as the work went, he did a fantastic job. I was very pleased with the way our back yard turned out. I would recommend him to other homeowners.

Description of Work
They built a courtyard that is 20x40 square foot in size in our back yard. They also did a complete landscaping job all around it. They placed flowers, shrubs, stonework, put in a ivy terrace, put in sod, and spread mulch all around.

Category hardscaping

09/12/2006

I was very pleased with this guy s service. He did fantastic. He was very courteous and very respectful. My yard turned out great and I don't think I could have been more pleased. Everything came together really well. I loved the whole experience.

Description of Work
They landscaped my front yard by planting several trees, flowers, shrubs, and mulch.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service

08/22/2006

CHRIS B.

Great design work and top notch quality.

Description of Work
Totally landscaped front yard including sod and lighting.