Greenway Home Services

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2006

7550 E Barlett Corporate Cv E

Memphis, TN 38133

Servicing 52,000 customers per year with 75 employees. We use not sub contractors. Service calls are $79.95. Additional costs are based on national flat rates when available and when not, time and material.

10/03/2022

Richard F.

Patrick installed new water lines to all of the sinks and toilets, he also installed a new hot water heater, replacing one that was 22 years old. Patrick is so very knowledgeable , detailed in all of his work. We are truly blessed to have him working on Our plumbing needs. Patrick is always very polite and professional , and we trust his judgement concerning all of our plumbing needs. Thank you, Richard & Pamela Flynt

Description of Work
Hot water heater installation, repaired to faucets and installed new water lines to all sinks and toilets.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, water heater repair

08/19/2022

Robert W.

Paid $280 to have a wire replaced. The unit went out again the very next day!

Description of Work
Wire was replaced in outside unit

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/28/2020

Mary R.

For this simple 30 minute (or less) job, I was charged one hour and 30 minutes for a cost of $292.00 in labor. I was charged for a trip to one of the home improvement stores, to purchase materials because the tech claimed there was a leak in the hose, but I countered that I had checked already and the leak under my cabinet came from the faucet. He said he would have to go to Lowes to purchase a hose because he didn't have one that was long enough. The round trip distance from my house to the store is approximately 20 minutes + another 10- 12 minutes to get in and out of the store. The approximate time he was away was about 30 minutes. All of this, in my opinion, was to inflate the cost. I was charged for two hoses that didn't appear to be installed. I have no proof that anything was purchased because there was no evidence presented to me. When I later checked the hoses, I was able to feel moisture on one of the hoses after new ones supposedly had been installed. The cost charged by the company was $403.95. The cost of this small job was 4 times greater than the cost of the faucet which was $99.95. Total cost for this horrible experience was greater than $500.00. This is not the first time I've had problems with this company. I was a member of a home warranty group that contracted with them. This, however, is the first time that I have complained because this is "the straw that broke the camel's back."

Description of Work
To Have My Kitchen Faucet Installed

04/02/2020

Naveen P.

Took numerous calls to get contractor to come out at all. They came late. Then, having taken the filter out and cleaned it prior to them coming they refused to fix it. This is a regular filter that per the manual should be cleaned monthly.

Description of Work
Dishwasher fixed

Category small appliance repair, home warranty companies

11/19/2019

CHARITA R.

The work were pretty fast in getting it done. They upgraded all my plumbing system and the code, and installed the water heater.

Description of Work
They replaced my water heater

05/14/2019

Dedra O.

Company was hired to replace water heater.Ran a new gas line and left it leaking when they left. It leaked for 2 weeks, we got sick/newborn was there. April 19 Greenway Services installed a tankless water heater and installed a gas line for it. When they left for the day, they did not check for gas leaks in the attic. 2 weeks later, after we had all been sick, we found out there was a natural gas leak in our attic which is over the bedrooms and bathrooms. They willfully and negligently left an unsecured connector of a natural gas line where it was able to harm us.Not checking for gas leaks after installing a gas line is reckless and could have been deadly. We called MLGW and they came and fixed the leak as well as sent the report to Greenway. I called the same day and they had a manager named Allie call me back. She was very nice but not helpful. As of today,c May 14 2019 she has informed me that since we called MLGW BEFORE Greenway then they are NOT responsible - uh I called MLGW because how was I to know it was THAT gas line leaking? Other than MLGW no one has been out & that is even more insulting than the cookies. As they did not perform the job correctly we would like at minimum a return of all labor charges seeing as how they made us ill and COULD HAVE KILLED US. The system was $5500. I do not feel we should pay the labor. Honestly I am insulted so much by their offer "to make it right" of 10% discounts on future services, a free AC checkup and a basket of COOKIES. They could have killed a week old baby. They rushed the job and got it done quickly because of my newborn granddaughter being there (one week old baby) but failed to secure a connection to the inside gas line and it leaked for 2 weeks in my attic. We could have blown the house up easily - the % of natural gas was 53% that is 520,000ppm! It only takes about 8% to light it!

Description of Work
Hired to install a tankless water heater

Category electrician, plumbing, water heater repair

01/17/2019

May W.

Very well. Timely. Professional. Friendly

Description of Work
New control board on furnace

10/09/2018

David L.

Nearly three weeks later and we are still waiting for a repair person, who may not show up like last week, and Greenway had the nerve to tell us they couldn't get anyone to our home until later in the next week. This is not our first incident with them, but we have to use them as they have a contract with American Home Shield. In our previous home, Greenway could not handle the problem and we had to get Sears to resolve the issue. Score: F-, or on a scale of 1-10, Greenway gets a 0.

Description of Work
refrigerator and freezer repair

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

07/27/2018

h D.

Not well. I have a home warranty and every time they get sent, they find a way not to cover - but offer me a deal of $380 for example this time, in order to do the discovery to find out the problem. If you don't even know what the problem is, how can you know it won't be covered? I had the same issue when they were called to service my AC. NEvER AGAIN

Description of Work
Plumbing - mainline clean out

11/07/2017

DENNIS W.

The plumber who was sent out could not unclog the drain. The soonest Greenway could send someone out to fix the problem was 11 days later. This was a clogged drain that require no parts to be ordered. I chose to call Roto Rooter who came out 90 minutes later and fixed my problem. I found it impossible to deal with Greenway, from waiting on hold for extremely long periods of time, to being able to speak with a manager or supervisor about the unreasonably untimely service. I didn't receive a call back after leaving a message for the complaint manager.......seems the plumber's camera equipment was broken, the phones and computers were causing major problems. Lots of excuses.....no service.

Description of Work
My kitchen drain was clogged.

09/25/2017

Rick H.

They went the extra mile and did a fantastic job for a great price

Description of Work
Fixed broken shower head

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

08/25/2017

Emin B.

I have a home warranty insurance and they designate Greenway. They provide plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, all kinds of services. There was no cost except by the home warranty company. It was fine. They fixed the leak in the bathtub. It went fine.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak in bathtub.

07/20/2017

Terry T.

HORRIBLE - These people will never come to my home again. My contact with GREENWAY was per referral from my home warrant with AHS. This was a total failure after three attempted repairs only caused additional service calls and damage to my home. It was initially an appliance issue. After two service calls it was determined to be a plumbing issue. The plumber required digging up my landscaping only to determine that it was not a plumbing issue but reverted back to being an appliance issue. I will consider forfeiting the policy as I can not accept the lack of professionalism, the lack of quality service (actually there was no service); and can not afford to repair the damage they caused ..... I would rather buy new appliance than to deal with AHM or GREENWAY. I have pictures but they are gross and show waste backup into my home. GREENWAY said they could come back in 3 days and do some camera work and would work on 3 options to repair. Naturally all of this would be at my cost ranging from $350 for the camera work and then additional cost up to $1000 and NO GUARANTEE

Description of Work
Appliance repair of Washer and Dryer

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

07/15/2017

Cheryl J.

Good job. Good service. Will use again and will ask for Chris if need plumbing.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

05/31/2017

warren M.

I won't use them because of the high pressure sales man. I have a home warranty so I use however they send out. Greenway was sent out 1 time and the guy tried to sell me a $10,000.00 unit. I have to literally to tell him to get out of my home, now. I would never use Greenway, Never Ever, high pressure. They came out afterwards and that particular sales man knew who exactly I was talking about. I think that guy is no longer with the company for that reason, his high pressure sale. They are very expensive. A lot of aftermarket selling, which I guess is normal. The guy was knowledgeable, they're prices are just high. Not willing to do any type of discounts for Veterans or senior citizens. He was just trying to push the issue that I needed to for $10,000.00 replace both of my outside A/C units. He was very persistent. That's why I stopped being nice and told him you have to leave now.

Description of Work
I was having problems with my A/C and the freon.

05/25/2017

Emin B.

The cost was just $75 because I have home appliance insurance.

Description of Work
There was an issue with one of the air conditioners. There was some wiring issue they fixed.

05/15/2017

Gary R.

They were able to come out the next day and determined that the water heater needed to be replaced. They were even able to come out on Sunday to replace it. I was so happy to have it taken care on the weekend. Of course, I had to pay extra, but that was okay. The problem started after they left. They needed to call a roofer to repair the damage to the roof left by the old hot water heater, and the Greenway repairman told me I could get a call from the roofer on Monday. Monday came and went with no phone call. Both me and my husband spent several days on the phone with Greenway trying to find out when the roofer was coming and if we could contact the roofer ourselves. I'm not sure where the breakdown occurred, but it was almost a week before the roofer called us, and he was working on our roof in the rain.

Description of Work
Late on a Friday night, I noticed that my gas hot water heater was draining water through a pvc pipe that led outside. I contacted Greenway to take a look at the water heater.

Category water heater repair

04/13/2017

Trey C.

They are reps of a Home Warranty. 6 visits, 4 people and 6 weeks so far and it is still in need or repair. They give a 5hr window for appt, but I now know that you only have a 10min time to call them back. This review is prompted by 6 weeks of patients trying to get a shower fixed and it still isn't, and the snotty girl on phone. It doesn't take 6 weeks to fix a on/off hot/cold control on a faucet. Reasonable time is 2 visits over a week or so.

Description of Work
Fix shower faucet/On/Off/Hot/Cold.

Category plumbing, home warranty companies, drain cleaning

04/12/2017

Kecha M.

I have their VIP membership and they come out twice a year to check things so this service was at no charge. I use them for so many things because they have been fantastic for me. They are probably a little higher than what people would want to pay but you get what you pay for for certain things. They have so many people working for them that sometimes you feel like you don't have that full fledged customer faith where you talk to the same person every time and they know what you're talking about. It is a minor thing, to be honest, with everything else being so good.

Description of Work
Maintenance check up on furnace.

01/24/2017

Mark R.

We use Greenway and we love them. They are honest, prompt and they know what they are doing and they are professional. They don’t want to take advantage of you. Greenway is very good. They are wonderful, polite and are decent in their prices. They are what such a company should be. We’ve used them a couple of years now. They don’t try to upsell you. You can trust the in your house. We have three units for the house, the house us sizable. Everything they do is right and they are punctual.

Description of Work
They were doing a fall check-up. They come out every fall on the heating system and check it out and every spring to check out the air conditioning to make sure you have enough freon, make sure it's working.

01/21/2017

KATHY F.

The water heater was old and the man that came took a look at the box that it's in and he said but the Tennessee code had change and it wanted a smaller box so it took a long while to get that done, the guy that I had before getting Greenway God he was terrible he was from Sears and I think he was on some drugs and he made a mess out of it but the guy himself that came from Greenway was a little bit exasperated himself but they put it up and it worked fine I had not had a bit a trouble. They kept coming out and coming out trying to fix it and other people had come out and this guy that really had a lot of experience came and he said well that's the motor, that's why we just stayed with Greenway because they do know it and now we got it twice a year maintenance program on our air conditioning unit and he'll come in and check everything and clean out everything and do a real thorough cleaning inside the air conditioner itself and we hadn't have any problems since. He had to do it himself, instead of buying a box, he ended up building, he was grumbling about the new code regulations too and I was too.

Description of Work
We had to have a new water heater.

Category water heater repair, woodworking

12/12/2016

Donald L.

First appointment was made for between noon and 5pm on November 7th, had to sit and wait for 5 hours, he finally showed up at almost 5pm. He looked at the cook top and said he would have to order a switch and an element. One week later I received a call saying parts were in and set up an appointment, once again between noon and 5pm. The tech finally showed up at 6:30pm after I called the company and they said he was running behind, the tech spent an hour working on the cook top only to say it still did not work that they had sent the wrong switch and would have to reorder. This is all with Thanksgiving upon us and no cook top. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I get a call saying the parts are in but the earliest they can come out is Friday after Thanksgiving but this time between 8am and noon. The tech shows up about 9am with his supervisor, they spend another hour on the cook top just to find out the tech had wired the first switch incorrectly. Ahhhhhhh!!!! Do NOT use this company they are incompetent!

Description of Work
Needed cook top repaired.

Category appliance repair

10/26/2016

David W.

Have to use Greenway because of American Home Shield (another company I'm about to drop like a bad habit) ... Called Greenway about the clog, as they are the local contractor that AHS uses for almost everything. They came out ... left a mess ... *but*, they came on time and seemingly fixed the clog. Tech said he hit some roots and cleaned them out and all was well. THREE DAYS LATER ... and unfortunately, over a weekend, the same problem pops up. Called Greenway again. They came out ... send the *same tech* ... and this same tech hits MORE ROOTS (meaning he didn't do a thorough job the first time), cleared out the clog and left. Problem solved for a second time. ONE DAY AFTER THE SECOND VISIT ... same problem. Talked to the Customer Service Manager @ Greenway after hours and I genuinely get the feeling from her that they're gonna resolve this and make it right. I get a call from them @ 745AM the next morning (today) and she tells me that they're pretty much done with the problem. They won't warranty their work on this issue (her words, not mine). Then, I'm told the only solution is to let them come out and do $800-$1200 worth of work to install a "clean out" in our yard. Other than that, they're done. Nothing more they can do. So ... no camera to determine the shoddiness of the previous work. No new tech to go behind the one that had to take two trips to *not* fix the problem. No new nothing. Just a way for them to come out and make a huge cash grab on the money they lost on less than optimal work. I understand it's in their best interest to move on and cut bait. However, it's not my fault they choose to do business with a home warranty company. That being said, if a "clean out" is what's ultimately needed, I can guarantee you that Greenway will not be doing it for me, as I was less than impressed with their plumbing work on what seems to be a very simple issue. I will also be dropping AHS, as I am left with hours on the phone ... hours of frustration ... and $175 worth of "work" that fixed nothing. From here on out, I will choose my own plumber and probably break even. The American Home Shield "peace of mind" is a myth once you actually need them for anything. So, I'm out $175 at this point to STILL have a main sewer line clog ... and Greenway's answer isn't a different tech ... or a camera ... or an apology ... it's a $800-$1200 service call or nothing.

Description of Work
Main Sewer Line Clog

Category appliance repair

10/05/2016

Stan H.

We did not care for this company. AC work for the weekend, close to 100 degrees, and they told me that it would be a week out. With the home warranty service, response time is up to 24 hours. They are too booked, and are not nice about it. The lady also accused me of lying. They should have called back, when they said that they would.

09/30/2016

KATHY F.

They came and they were really good cause it was a hot summer, they came pretty much on time. My husband was taking chemo therapy treatment and they were aware of this and the house was getting so hot and everything so they really worked with us well so I'm gonna give them an A for the whole thing.

Description of Work
I use Greenway Home Services for heating and A/c services. They came out and fixed a motor for us.

SOUTH TECH HVAC

At South Tech HVAC with over 20 years of experience, we are proud to serve the people of the Memphis and surrounding areas. You can schedule a time for an HVAC contractor from our team to come by your location Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm, or Saturday - Sunday by appointment. Call our company today and explain your situation to one of our knowledgeable professionals. We offer 10 Year Labor Warranties.

2022 Super Service Award

Precision Door Service

You can rely on Precision Garage Door of Memphis to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Garage Door of Memphis was opened in 2000 and proudly serves the Memphis Area. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers.

RW Heating, Air, Plumbing & Electrical Inc.

One of the most popular heating and cooling companies in Northern MS, RW Heating & Air has dedicated our business to high standards. OFFERING NEXT DAY A/C INSTALLS - we have the product on-hand and ready to install. We do everything we can to provide the best quality in all of our services whether we are doing installation, maintenance or repairs. Our friendly customer service staff will make every effort to get your problem taken care of fast, even on nights and weekends. Our skilled, licensed HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Technicians will provide you with efficient, professional service. Our team takes pride in offering the area’s best customer experience. We pride ourselves on value, by providing quick and cost-effective solutions from friendly technicians. You can rest assured that we won’t try to up-sell you on improvements you don’t need. If it doesn’t make sense for our customer, it doesn’t make sense to us. Doing business the way we’d like to be treated means being upfront, honest, and considerate of your home.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Residential and commercial repair, replacement & installation of air condition, plumbing, water heaters & appliance.

New construction