GFK Construction Inc

Memphis, TN 38133

Fire & Water Mitigation & Repairs Home Repairs

02/19/2018

David D.

I called them because they were on my homeowners insurance company's list. They were prompt in coming out to inspect the damage and provide a cost estimate. However, it ground to a screeching halt after that. After waiting several weeks, they were still unable to tell me when they would be able to begin repairs, so I called someone else whose estimate was more than $1,000 lower and who promptly put me on their schedule. Not sure why they were on my insurance company's list since what I needed doesn't seem to be their line of work.

Description of Work
Fireplace/chimney repair

Category fireplaces

05/06/2015

Charles J.

Mr. Brian Batey of GFK handled our case and arranged for all the repairs, carpeting and repainting. Once our insurance claim was completed, Brian arranged for all the work to be to done expeditiously. He arranged for Jose Garcia to repair the drywall and he started on 20 April and finished the next day. The baseboard was replaced on 21 April and Elly Hall of AAA Service Company arranged to have our furniture moved into our garage that day. On the 23rd, Tisha Tillman of TNT Painting and her crew started painting the walls and finished the next day. Following the weekend, Tom Benke of All Flooring & Beyond arranged to have our carpet replaced. Danny and his team showed up on time on Tuesday 28 April and removed and replaced our carpet and pad. Finally, on the next day, AAA Service returned to replace our furniture in the house. We were extremely satisfied with all aspects of the work provided. All work was done professionally, on time and within budget!

Description of Work
In late February we experienced a rare snow/ice storm that caused an ice dam to form in one of the valleys on our roof causing water to leak down into the interior of our house. The resulting water damage discolored and damaged some drywall and ruined carpet in our dining room and a hallway. After working with our insurance company, we contacted GFK to repair the drywall, replace some baseboard, repaint the walls and replace the carpet (including the pad). Additionally, we had to have all the furniture in the dining and living rooms moved out and then back in to accomplish the repairs/repainting.

02/24/2015

Edie L.

It didn't help and I lost use and had to replace the baseboards but not from the water damage, from their ripping them out. They left a giant pile of debris strewn over my front yard with nails sticking up and out. I reported them to my insurance company and they came and picked up the mess after a week.

Description of Work
Came in after a burst pipe and removed baseboards and put dryers on the floor.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, water damage restoration

02/07/2015

Kathleen C.

I would not call GFK again for water mitigation if my home was floating down the street. It took one week short of a FULL YEAR to have everything taken care of in one and a half rooms, plus two days of painting. I could never get anyone to return my calls in less than 3 messages. When I was unhappy with the color of the walls, I called the manager to let him know. The next day my living room, dining room and kitchen were painted the color i said I didn't like. No apologies were offered on the numerous concerns I had about the way the situation was handled. I had a lock box on my front door for 7 months so that anyone associated with the company or their subcontractors could come and go without notice. It only came off when I insisted. I am not at all convinced that the one pipe that broke in seven places is insulated in a way that will hinder it from breaking again. Never again!

Description of Work
Frozen pipes broke twice in two weeks. GFK was responsible for repairing significant damage to one room and one hallway, and painting 3 rooms. I don't know if the price was fair because it was covered by insurance and system in place between the insurance companies and the contractors is not open for review.

Category water damage restoration

09/12/2013

William K.

I guess it was okay. We don't have a leak no more and the inside is good.

Description of Work
We used GFK Construction Inc, for roofing and they did some inside work.

05/14/2013

THOMAS H.

Overall the flooring contractor was spot on and would hire again. The painters on the other hand were slow and very messing. Stopped mid job and said I would finish due to work.

Description of Work
This was a insurance claim. Replaced living room floor two bedrooms of carpet and painting.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, interior painters

03/19/2013

Jere M.

A big tree had fallen on our house a couple of years ago and this company was out here like the next morning 8 O’clock and they did a fantastic job. They were very professional; there was somebody here every day. I would call them back again to do some remodeling. The insurance took care of the price. They were here every day till the work was completed. They worked on Saturdays and Sundays. The overall project was $38000 and our deductible was $1800. Our dog was so old and we were gone and when we came home we saw the tree on the house and my wife and I both looked at each other, screamed the dog’s name, came in, she was sound asleep on her bed. So being old and being hard of hearing has its own advantages.

Description of Work
We had GFK Construction Inc to repair the hole in roof, and all of the wall.

Category drywall, roofing