EASLEY CONTRACTORS

Memphis, TN 38112

LICENSE #24183.

02/21/2018

Danny L.

They were awesome. Even though huge storm rolled in town they still managed to fit me in there busy schedule in a timely manner. A busy contractor is a excellent contractor. The guys were very knowledgeable and explained the process when asked. They showed up on time and worked two full days. Mr Easley and Paul stopped by several times to check the progress and they were fantastic. I would highly recommend Easley Contractors.

Description of Work
Beam set. New door install. Build out carport to garage.

Category contractors, closet systems, drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] and we hope to do further business for you.

10/04/2017

Cathy W.

A man came out at the appointment time and looked at the deck and said he would e-mail a quote or get back with my husband as to the cost. We never received a quote or phone call. If they were not interested in doing the work they should have said so up front.

Description of Work
Called the office and requested a quote for deck repair. Someone called back and set up the appointment.

Category deck cleaning

08/12/2017

Annette L.

They're still in process of finishing the work. They're still present. We are almost done. Everything's been going pretty well. They're staying within the insurance claim, so price is an A.

Description of Work
To rebuilt the house after a tree fell. Rebuilding a room after a tree fell on it.

06/06/2016

Robert W.

While repairing the roof contractor a nail through my air-conditioning line. When this was pointed out to me and I asked him about it, he said it was not his problem. He later called and said he would pay for half of the repairs. The repairs have cost over $2400, and we're done very poorly by another contractor. Now I'm having to replace all of their work, and Easley contractors has been no help. Don't ever use these people.

Description of Work
make repairs after storm damage

As you aware there are always two views of a story. This is what our company has experienced with Mr. [Member Name Removed]. On April 18, 2016, Mr. [Member Name Removed] contracted with our company to have repairs completed per his insurance estimate, which included replacing his roofing, a few gutters, and a small amount of his wood fence due to storm damage. This property is a rental property he owns and is managed by a local property manager. When the roofing was completed he contacted us one day stating the air conditioning was not working properly, he stated that a Freon line was punctured by a roofing nail according to his property manager. I informed him that we would send a HVAC contractor to look at it the next morning to inspect and see what problem was and what it would cost to repair. The next morning Armstrong HVAC was inspecting the HVAC systems when another HVAC company showed up also and informed Armstrong that Tiger Paw was doing the work and they needed to leave. Armstrong did accordingly and gave us a quote of $750 to repair and explained that one Freon line was damaged in an upstairs bonus room that was closed off in the attic area. The line was incorrectly strapped up against the roof decking. We called Mr. [Member Name Removed] at that time and explained to him the situation and being that the AC line was incorrectly installed and no one was aware it was against the roof decking; therefore we could not be responsible but would have our HVAC contractor do the work at cost of $750.00. He informed me that he wanted Tiger Paw HVAC to do work, and I asked him how much they were going to charge him. He stated they had not given him an estimate just doing work? Obviously I didn't understand why he wouldn't want to be sure it was a fair price since I had just given him a quote of $750.00 After Tiger Paw completed the work for Mr. [Member Name Removed] that he contracted with, he called me asking what I thought about the work Tiger Paw had done at his rental house. I told him I had been to the house for reasons about the gutter work and had seen the exterior work and I sent him pictures of what I had seen, which appeared that the work was not done properly. He also, informed me that he had paid approximately $2100 for the repairs, which was over $1300 more than the quote we had given him. Again he hired Tiger Paw to do the work. Later He asked me to meet on the job site to look at HVAC which I did, he agreed at that time work on HVAC was not done properly by Tiger Paw and he would address issues with them. I even offered to reimburse him at that time $750 due to that being what the original quotes for HVAC repairs were. We had already discounted our repair cost to him by $600.00 before. He has since hired another HVAC company to redo the work that Tiger Paw had performed for him. This additional work was due to the HVAC contractor he hired not doing their job correctly; it had nothing to do with our work. We have over the past few days offered to resolve his concerns with BBB by agreeing to refund him his final payment of $1353.59 in return with a standard legal release, for him to remove his negative social media comments that are untruthful and unclear of the entire process. This would be a total reduction of his contract repairs by $2709.59, unfortunately he has not been willing to accept at this time. If you have any questions please let us know. Thank you. Easley Contractors

10/06/2015

Brian G.

1) Easy to reach and showed up on time with an additional estimator. 2) Additional estimator climbed on the roof to inspect problem areas where there was leaking. 3) Before receiving any information from the person inspecting the roof, the man on the ground was informing me that the roof was in great shape and would only need minor repairs which was in fact true. 4) Estimator noticed a couple places that could use minor fixes where the leaking was occurring and mentioned those. He then made his way over to the tarred front porch roof and said I was <1 year shy of having to replace that roof since the tar was cracking pretty badly. 5) Received a referral to patch shingles. Additional estimator reiterated the fact would need to replace the porch roofing "very soon." Not a bad experience, but seemed pretty tailored to the insurance company's needs.

Description of Work
Estimate on roof repair. Referred by State Farm insurance company since my homeowner's policy is through them .

Category drywall

Thank you for leaving us feedback and be sure to call us if you have any more home repair needs.

12/02/2014

Valerie F.

The wainscot was replaced and stained by ne of their subcontractors. The home Is very old therefore they had to make a couple of trips until they got it right. I was very satisfied though. The drywall buckled also and the wall had to be repaired. The flooring was replaced by Kiser's Floor Fashions and I was very pleased with the floor. I originally had carpet but replaced the floor with hardwood. I was pleased with the overall outcome; however, Easley can do a better job of communicating with customer about setting up appointments and follow through and punctuality.

Description of Work
This was an insurance claim that was due to a water leak via the air conditioner. The wainscot was damaged and buckled. Drywall and flooring were damaged and replaced.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, water damage restoration, woodworking

08/18/2014

James H.

I found them through insurance, he was responsive but the contractor work was very poor. and they fell behind schedule. They have work done on time and they should hire better contractors.

Description of Work
We went for easily contractor as our general contractor. They did the dry wall chicken.

Category countertops, drywall, home remodeling, interior painters

04/25/2014

Amna Z.

I used Angie's list and found Easley Contractors due to their A rating. I emailed them and called them that I want a quote about converting an attic into a media room. I got in touch with one of their worker who agreed to give me a quote. He came over, spent an hour with me and then told me that he will email the estimate to me in couple of days. Nothing happened, on repeated calls finally he sent me a quote of 78K. It was right in the middle of the other estimates I got. Due to their better rating on Angie's list, I emailed him that I want to go over the estimate with him, and may make some changes to bring the cost lower. I emailed, called, multiple times, but he never responded. Ultimately I had no choice and I had to send an email to them and complained about the worker. Couple of days later I got a call from the owner who was very apologetic, and he said that he himself will come over and will discuss the quote with me. We settled on a time, and he came over...he was a nice looking gentleman, who answered all my questions. He looked very professional, and seemed to know what he was doing. After staying there for 30-40 min, he basically said that this quote given by his worker is incorrect and it will cost much more than that, and also it will take 3-4 months to get this done. This was very suprising, first this was their quote to start with and now he is backng off it? Next all other builders told me its doable in 6 weeks, and by the way its already 3 weeks and most of it is already been done, ofcourse though another company. To me it seemd that Easley Contractors were not really serious about getting my business. They just wasted my time. I think this company prefers to work with insurance company when houses gets damaged through a disaster. For routine work in a house, better stay away from them. Of course I will not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Wanted to convert an attic into a media room

Category drywall

10/14/2013

Bryan J.

The project went perfectly! The contractors were on time and very professional. We had a little miscue and some contractors got double booked but it was no problem. Paul simply called his foreman and had him and one other pull off of another project and were there within the hour. The contractors were excellent and they cleaned up after themselves so it looked as if they were never there. I want to thank Paul for being so helpful on the front end. When we were looking at the hole in the ceiling he gave us two options: 1: we could repair the hole and simply respray that one spot, which he said may leave a and quot;spottyand quot; look due to the fresh paint over the old paint or 2: they could strip the popcorn, fix the ceiling, smooth it out and roll it. I never would have thought that we could do the latter on a 200 sq. ft. room and it add and lt;$100 to the overall cost. He actually provided his input and opinion which was well taken. Also, after we got the initial quote, HUD came back and said that we could actually hang the door ourselves. I called Paul and told him this, he said and quot;No problem, i'll get you a new quote over in just a momentand quot;. I was very surprised and delighted that they had no heartburn over reworking the bid to give us a lower overall cost. Thank you Easley Contractors for your work!

Description of Work
Paul Haas came out and gave us a free estimate for some work mandated we have done by HUD on our newly purchased home. We had a tight timeline to get this done and needed a hole fixed in the ceiling, a door hung, electrical wiring work and about a dozen light fixtures hung.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

07/18/2013

Pamela C.

They have been in business for a very long time. State farm uses them a lot and they are very reputable. Terry Easley owns the company. They are very honest. Their price is low to comparable.

Description of Work
Easley Contractors finished my porch on my store. They had to renovate the porch because the porch was disintegrating, so they tore it all off and rebuilt it and put it back together.

06/04/2013

Billy H.

We have used Easly Construction for several other projects and they have always done excellent work and taken care of any problems or concerns that we may have had along the way. We dealt w/ Wayne Williamson and he personally took care of checking on any problems we had. So far we have had this company repair a sign on our property twice, that included brick work, replacing shrubs. fixing sprinklers, lettering and doing electrical work. This time we had them take care of repairs as listed above and paint. During our repairs, we did not like the header board that was used over the garage due to how rough it was and the amount of knot holes in it. Wayne Williamson came out and saw that it was changed before they painted. After the painting was finished Wayne Williamson came out and checked the job with us and authorized for the painters to come back and take care of some areas where the paint was too thin. I have and would use this company again when I need work done.

Description of Work
Repaired woodwork and brick work around the garage door, installed angle iron that had not been done properly by the original builder and changed rotten wood around windows. Painted our home after the repairs were made. At an earlier date they installed columns for us that also needed to be painted.

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

04/16/2013

helen P.

There was major storm damage and the insurance covered the work. They were quick to call back. They were very easy to get hold of and to work with. The workers did a good job and cleaned up after themselves. They handled the entire project in a timely and efficient manner. They did a good bit of work.

Description of Work
I used Easley Contractors for plaster work. They fixed the roof, ceiling and did the plaster work. They replaced some dormer and strips of trim.

Category plastering, roofing

10/24/2012

Mary Lee R.

They rebuilt the wall and put in a new air conditioning system. They did a good job. I like the way the new bricks look.

Description of Work
Some one had run into the side of my house, so I hired them to fix it.

Category drywall, home builders

08/20/2012

warren J.

Very professional. No interruptions, delays, postponements. Clean jobsite during and after work.

Description of Work
Roof replace with flashing repairs and improvements and gutter replace as necessary

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing

07/03/2012

Judy M.

There was a problem with the building permit. First problem was I had to get approval from the Homeowners Association, which I did in a day. However, the contractor went ahead and poured the slab without the permit, so this had to be inspected before the county would issue the permit. Then every step had to be inspected before the next job could be done. It was very time consuming. It caused delays in getting the crews scheduled. The workmanship was very good, but the time delays were frustrating.

Description of Work
Extended my Carport 14 feet, this included concrete slab and roofing. Had all the trim on the exterior cleaned and painted. Replaced an upstairs window frame, and painted replacement.

Category drywall, remodeling, house painters

03/22/2012

Jason J.

Used Easley contractors to repair damage to kitchen ceiling caused by bathroom leak - in part chosen because they work directly with insurance. Things went very smoothly from estimate through work completion. The crew sent to do the work did a very good job with sealing off the kitchen to keep the plaster and drywall dust from coating the entire house. After they finished, I had to dust and sweep one additional time to catch the bits that didn't stick to the ceiling and that was it. Far better than my previous experiences with similar work. The job was well done, and they came in under the initial estimate. I'd definitely use them for any similar repairs.

Description of Work
Removed existing light fixture Replaced damaged drywall boards in kitchen ceiling Patined entire kitchen ceiling and applied acoustic spakle (popcorn)

Category drywall, interior painters

02/16/2012

Shawn G.

Excellent. Would definitely recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
They painted and smooth out drywall for us due to water damage. Extremely responsive and professional. Always on time and courteous.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

09/26/2011

JOYCE A.

They did a good job. I love their work. The quality of their work was very good. I don't know the cost of the work because our insurance paid for it. The workers that came out were very good. They were very professional, very prompt and courteous. They cleaned up the mess. I would rate them highly and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I used Easley Contractors to put a new roof on and for gutter work. They also did some interior painting and drywall patching.

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing, interior painters

09/16/2011

Rogers V.

I met with Clayton Howard at my residence a couple of weeks ago and I ask Mr. Howard to call me when he was in rout to my place...which he did. He was punctual and straight forward about how he would address each of my concerns. The estimates were within $100 to $500 above what I expected; however, it was within range of reason considering some of the details expected to perform.

Description of Work
Received estimate on drywall refinishing, interior and exterior painting. The representative was prompt, thorough and moderately priced. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively about the work that I was interested in getting done and was pleasant and professional. I felt confident that they would perform the tasks with quality work.

Category drywall, house painters

04/04/2011

Bill E.

It didn't go well at all. They installed the sink and the cabinets backwards, and they didn't drill the holes for the electrical outlets properly. The men doing the job didn't know what they were doing, and I had to step in many times to correct.

Description of Work
They remodeled my kitchen.

Category home remodeling

03/31/2011

Wren K.

You would never know that any damage was done. They did a great job of matching everything. I found that they were very quick and cleaned up after themselves. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I had damaged to my ceiling, walls, wallpaper, flooring, and a closet and they re-did everything.

Category closet systems, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

04/28/2010

Patricia M.

I needed my house to be in good shape to sell. Therefore, this was not an insurance claim. I called my insurance guy who recommended them. The work cost me $7500. They did such a poor job that I had to hire another roofer to come in and do repair work, and that cost me another $3000. They did sub-quality work, and they did not stand up for their work. I had massive leaks in my house. Terry Easley or his subcontractor roofer wouldn’t return my phone calls. The painting was overpriced; I have since had my house painted by someone else, and it was half of what they had charged me. When they did the initial work in 2002, they were punctual; it was during this follow-up work that they weren’t. I am very unhappy with them. I would not use them in the future. I’ve learnt from this experience that I will never use a contractor that is recommended by my insurance company.

Description of Work
We used Easley Contractors to paint the whole interior of the house, repair some holes in the doors and walls, put in a new roof and replace some outdoor faucets.

Category drywall, plumbing, roofing, interior painters

06/13/2008

R M.

Terribly. These people are not meant for remodeling jobs or working with homeowners - their specialty is insurance claim repair and that's what they should stay with. They went up on their quote by 30% after the fact, and the work still had to be redone three times due to the poor workmanship. The owner is a bit of a hot head and frequently called my wife to get angry at her for problems he was having with his people. We finally had to stop the job after the garage ceiling began to crack within 2 months of their work and they told us they would not honor their labor and workmanship warranty. We ended up having to pay another company several thousand dollars to correct the work we paid Easley for.

Description of Work
Removed textured ceilings throughout house and refinished to smooth; repaired/repainted interior walls; replaced rotted wallboard in garage and repainted, removed kitchen walls & ceiling & cabinetry for remodel and replaced walls & ceiling and repainted.

Category remodeling

THIS WAS A 2 PART JOB, THE FIRST WAS COMPLETED AND PAID IN FULL. MY EMPLOYEES HAD SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME WORKING WITH AND PLEASING THE MEMBER DUE TO HER PICKING APART EVERYTHING THEY DID. ONE EXAMPLE WAS SHE SHINING LIGHTS ON WALLS IN ORDER TO FIND IMPERFECTIONS, WHICH WERE PREEXISTING. WE HAD ONLY AGREED TO PREP AND PAINT THE WALLS, NOT REWORK THEM. SHE USED EXTERIOR PAINT ON THE INTERIOR OF HER HOME, WHICH WILL NOT TOUCH UP. WHEN WE HAD TO DO ADDITIONAL WORK ON A WALL WE HAD TO REPAINT THE ENTIRE WALL. TWO OF MY BEST EMPLOYEES WORKED ON THE FIRST PART OF THIS JOB. I SELDOM GO OVER A WEEK WITHOUT A COMPLIMENT ON THESE GUYS, BUT BECAUSE OF ALL THE COMPLAINING SHE DID THEY DID NOT WANT TO CONTINUE WORKING FOR HER. I INFORMED HER WE WOULD NOT DO THE SECOND PART OF THE JOB, WHICH WAS PRIMARILY HER KITCHEN. SHE PLEADED WITH ME TO DO THE SHEETROCK AND CARPENTRY WORK BECAUSE SHE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO FIND ANOTHER CONTRACTOR AND SAID THIS WOULD MESS UP THE TIMING WITH THE CABINET MAN. I FELT SORRY FOR HER, AND SHE PROMISED NOT TO BE SO DIFFICULT IF WE WOULD JUST DO THE KITCHEN. WE DID THE WORK IN THE KITCHEN, ALONG WITH A REPAIR IN HER ENTRY THAT WAS CAUSED WHEN A NEW FRONT DOOR WAS INSTALLED. NO MATTER HOW MUCH MY DRYWALL MEN AND PAINTERS DID WE COULD NOT PLEASE HER. SHE THEN BEGAN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A CRACK IN THE SHEET ROCK IN HER GARAGE CEILING, WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REPAIRS WE HAD PREVIOUSLY DONE. THE CRACK WAS IN FACT CAUSED BY HER GARAGE DOOR THAT VIBRATED BUT SHE REFUSED TO ACCEPT THIS EXPLANATION. TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR ANY OF THE EXTRA WORK WE DID AND I FIND IT VERY HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THEY SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO REDO ANYTHING WE DID. IN 30 YEARS OF BUSINESS, THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE WORST AND MOST DIFFICULT EXPERIENCES I HAVE EVER HAD WORKING WITH A CUSTOMER. PLEASE CHECK OUT REPORTS FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS WE HAVE WORKED WITH. WE HAVE OCCASIONALLY HAD PROBLEMS ON JOBS, AND MY MEN DO MAKE MISTAKES, BUT OUR PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS HAVE NOT CHANGED IN 30 YEARS AND WE ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO CORRECT ANY PROBLEMS.

02/28/2008

Tom C.

The Easley group was very informative and professional. They kept the work areas clean and performed all work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Removed some walls and soffits in kitchen, removed old cabinets, reworked HVAC connections, plumbing. Enclosed laundry area and repaired all drywall.

Category drywall, plumbing, roofing, home remodeling

02/14/2007

Everything was done with beautiful detail. I was very pleased with the work that was done. There was no dust during the whole project in the rest of the house. They were able to contain it all. They really did a super job and I like them a lot. They were able to come up with a great design and stay with in our budget.

Description of Work
We had our whole kitchen stripped down to the studs and remodeled. I am not sure of the square footage of the kitchen but it is a good size. They had to take down a wall and replace it in a different area of the kitchen. They also had to close off one door way to create a new one to the entry way. There were all new cabinets that were installed and recessed lighting throughout. New appliances were also purchased but were not included in the price of the work that was done. The countertops were a good grade something like a corning. I am not too sure of the name brand. The ceiling also had to be taken down and raised so that the cabinets could be flush with the top of the ceiling.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, lighting, home remodeling