DE Masonry Inc / The Chimney Doctor

Memphis, TN 38134

Award winning.

06/23/2019

William J.

The team did a great job. Chimney leak in hard rains, but it has been fixed! Would hire again in a minute.

Description of Work
Repair of firebox and seal chimney. Also replace Chimney cap

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

11/13/2018

John P.

Essentially, we had our fireplace almost completely replaced--except for the bricks. The work went well. Workers were always here when they were scheduled and worked quietly and efficiently until the job was finished. We were afraid the job would be dirty, particularly inside because such extensive replacement had to be done. However, we were amazed at how little soot, ashes and dirt escaped into our den--practically none. The job was done on budget and on time.

Description of Work
We had our fireplace pressure washed, silicone repointed, water repellent applied, chimney pan and cover installed, heat-shield resurfacing with two passes, sealed holes and smoothed steps in the smoke chamber, firebox repair.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/15/2018

David D.

Price for the service was good, but after the inspection they didn't finish the job. I never received the requested estimate.

Description of Work
Inspection and repairs estimate

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

If memory serves me correctly, I spoke with you about your Chimney and you were going to contact your insurance agent, and call us back?

10/11/2017

Robbie P.

Went well, they were quick to set an appointment and on time.

Description of Work
Replaced the chimney chase.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

04/20/2017

Laurie K.

Let me start with the estimate. I decided on the Chimney Doctor because of other reviews on Angie's List and they were spot on. My husband and I were in the process of buying the house and Dave the owner of the Chimney Doctor came out to give an estimate. All of this happened after I was told by another company the work would be $900.00 and the seller (who is a contractor) said he thought that was a pretty high estimate, so I thought I could get it cheaper. Dave ran a camera up the chimney while my realtor was with me and Dave explained at each level where the problems were in the chimney and the firebox and why they needed to be fixed. He showed us a video of the process his team uses when fixing the chimney. It was really cool! Dave said his estimate would be $2165. It was a grand canyon size gap in price and I about passed out. The next day, I found out the other company didn't go up the ENTIRE chimney! The other item Dave suggested was a custom made chimney cover to protect the work that would be completed to keep the rain from damaging the bricks and keep the critters and leaves out of the chimney all for the low price of $950. My first answer was "what the heck?" and then NO WAY! But here's what you need to know after the sticker shock wears off, the work has a 20 year warranty as long as it's inspected each year. Knowing our house won't catch on fire because of our fireplace is safe is priceless. When we sell the house in the future, this will add value to the house for the next home owners. We took the plunge, and the work was done today! Juan and Brandon were the BEST!!! They showed up on time, laid out some drop cloths on my hardwood floor and went to work immediately. They were friendly, respectful and professional. Answered all of our questions. They ensured clean up was completed with no trace left behind. I will have Dave and his team come back every year to inspect our chimney. Hands down, great investment in our home, these guys are the real deal.

Description of Work
Re-line the entire heat shield Masonry Services - Purge Smoke Chamber Spray-in Masonry repair in the firebox Masonry repair with the seal behind the lintel Chimney cap

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/15/2016

Martha F.

I have used The Chimney Doctor for several years. They are always professional, on time, and have the best price. The two young men who came to my house yesterday were so professional and also very kind and accommodating in answering my questions. The office personnel are the nicest people to talk to as well. Every experience with them has been awesome! I highly recommend using The Chimney Doctor for all of your fireplace needs.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned my fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

11/15/2015

Denise B.

The service provided by The Chimney Doctor was very pleasant. They were on time as scheduled. They had a small concern about my flue and immediately inquired with their manager to insure safety. This is the kind of appointments that make the little things much easier. I wish all the service people I hired had the same attitude as this company did. Thanks Chris and Jonathan for such a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
I called the office on 11/09/2015 after calling several other businesses and they were very pleasant and immediately made an appointment for service. I noticed there were no coupon offers but with their price being so good, there was no need for a discount. I was extremely impressed with the service they provided. They answered all of my questions and they were very professional. Chris and Jonathan went the extra mile to be extremely respectful and considerate and they were friendly. I definitely recommend them to others and I will use them again when I replace my wood stove next year.

01/19/2015

jerry S.

I called them on 15 January and was scheduled for an appointment between 2-2:30 on 16 January to have my chimney and fireplace cleaned. On the 16th I received a call around 1:40 and was told that the current job they were doing was taking longer than planned. They said they would be here around 4:00 and I agreed. They showed up around 3:45 and started the work. They inspected the chimney and determined that it was in good condition and only the fireplace needed to be cleaned. The work was completed in a very reasonable time. The two men were friendly, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Cleaned the fireplace in my house.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

12/29/2014

Kimberly C.

The job went very well. It was a little pricey considering that it only took them about twenty minutes to clean my chimney. Overall I am satisfied but I feel I paid a little bit too much. The men that showed up for the job were very friendly and answered all of my questions with no problems and even gave some helpful suggestions. Since the cleaning, my chimney is working just fine and there is no smoke coming into my home. I would use The Chimney Doctor again but check around for pricing at other places first.

Description of Work
Cleaned my chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/05/2014

David K.

Scheduling was easy and prompt. Michael called the day of and was able to come earlier than originally scheduled. We had scheduled to have 2 fireplaces cleaned. He inspected them both and determined that only one needed attention (the one that has more use). He did a thorough job of cleaning and left a very clean chimney and hearth.

Description of Work
Inspected two fireplaces and cleaned one

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/17/2014

Suzanne A.

Michael and Ryan were right on time, diagnosed the problem and devised a solution, and were done in about 20 minutes.

Description of Work
Fixed a damper that had gotten off track

12/18/2013

Iliana R.

This was a great experience. We called and scheduled an appointment. They were able to come out a day earlier than scheduled and called to make sure it was ok. They showed us how to use the gas fireplace (we have never used one before) and gave us recommendations on things we may want to replace in the future. Overall, everything worked out exceptionally well.

Description of Work
Inspected fireplace, tested gas and made sure everything was working properly.

Category fireplaces

12/11/2013

DAVID W.

Showed up at the required time. Made a courtesy call to say that they were on there way. Just an overall great experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned fire place and chimney.

11/23/2013

Jan C.

Inspected and cleaned fireplace and chimney. Gave us estimate to repair and gave us info on mason. Worked with mason to get us an estimate to do needed work. Very professional. Early arrival (called first to make sure it was OK). Charges the minimum. Explained our fireplace to us. Gave us detailed work estimates.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned my chimney and fireplace

10/15/2013

Rose M.

They were wonderful and gave me plenty of options. They sealed the chimney and made a plate for the top of the chimney so animals could not infest. He was able to get all of the critters out and it has been wonderful.

Description of Work
They sealed and created a cap for my chimney.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

10/11/2013

Felicia A.

The company returned initial call within 24 hours to set up appointment. Office personnel was very pleasant. Owner came out and gave an estimate the following day (9/25). Company was good about calling before they arrived. Problem was diagnosed as poor chimney design allowing water to collect on brick ledge and seep through brick to leak into attic/wall. As a solution, a new larger chimney cap was installed with sides protruding further down the sides of the chimney. The new chimney cover appears to be well constructed. Only time and the next bad rain storm will tell if my water leak is actually fixed. It's hard to say since I can't jump up on the roof to take a look for myself! While Mr. Hopper and the worker that actually came out to perform the work were both easy to work with and professional, I did take issue with having to wait 13 days for the company to come out and actually do the work. And, even then, the worker had to come back the following day to finish the sealant application due to poor time allotment and scheduling. I was told originally it would take only a week to get the new cap made. I realize delays can happen but I should have been called by the company (not me having calling the company) and kept updated on the situation rather than kept in the dark. I do think that a good job was done and if I have problems that this company will stand behind its work. I will update this review after the first good rain storm. UPDATE - 3/28/14 -Unfortunately. the new chimney cap only slowed the leak but failed to eliminate it. The drywall still gets very wet during heavy and/or extended rains. $450 wasted and it's back to the drawing board. Because of this, I have changed the quality grade from a B to a C.

Description of Work
Replace chimney cap and apply brick sealant on back side of chimney to stop leak around fireplace.

Category masonry, chimney caps

09/24/2013

Jason S.

Dealing with other contractors for related home repairs. By comparison, these guys were awesome. Quick estimate. Waited for us to check on other details, and then when I called to go ahead, they were ready to work within 48 hours. Actually then called later that day and said they had a cancellation and could work on it first thing the next day. Quick, clean work that has now held up through two major rainstorms and worked as advertised.

Description of Work
Repointed and waterproofed chimney. Also noted an improperly capped chimney and repaired it.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

07/08/2013

Richard M.

House located in Eads,TN. Came first day gave price and measured for new cap. Returned a few days late rand pressure cleaned the out side of two story chimney and installed new cap.. .After several days of drying time came back and sealed chimney. Cleaned inside of chimney of old ash and sealed inside. Cleaned up after job was complete. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Cleaned and resealed chimney. Make new brass cap for top.

06/04/2013

Robbie P H.

I thought they had reasonable prices prior to getting the estimate. I felt they doubled the price because I was a lady and black. They then dropped the price down to $800. They were discriminating against me because I am a black female and the size of my house.

Description of Work
They came out to give an estimate for my chimney.

Category chimney repair

This member got her a free estimate! I'm sorry she was unhappy with our price. Maybe someone else will rebuild her chimney for less. I had only talked to her on the phone and we don't discriminate. Can't please everyone, no matter how hard we try.

05/17/2013

Robert C.

The prices at The Chimney Doctor Inc. were extremely reasonable. The ignitor he had was probably the best one I've seen.

Description of Work
He replaced the ignitor to start my fire in my fireplace.

05/14/2013

Norm S.

I contacted the mason and he came out the same day with an estimate that was reasonable. They were able to start and complete the project the next day. They did an excellent job and actually returned in a couple days to inspect the work done to insure that we were stratified.

Description of Work
The brick facade on the side of our home had cracked and needed someone to repair the problem. I called The Chimney Doctor and they referred me to the mason that the use for chimney repair since this was not really a service they perform.

Category chimney sweep, masonry

04/10/2013

Rachel F.

They did such a great job. The young man that came was so friendly and professional. He came to fix the damper and clean the chimney in the house I recently bought. He was very careful about his equipment on my hardwood floors and did an excellent job cleaning up. He explained what he was doing and things I needed to be aware of that would not have known otherwise. I would most definitely recommend this company. I will certainly call them in the future.

Description of Work
He came to fix the damper that would not shut. And also did a thorough cleaning of the chimney. The damper turned out not to be broken. I was just not pushing hard enough to close it all the way. The chimney was pretty dirty and really needed to be swept out.

03/20/2013

maria T.

I had the Chimney cleaned and inspected last week -125$. He found that the chimney cap was a smaller size. He suggested 2 options: correct size - 150$ (but insects/flying bugs could still come through the screen) or the lock-top dumper - $475 to protect insects coming into the house through the chimney (lots of other advantages too). I chose the last option. They installed it today. The lock-top dumper can be found online for ~ $200 if you can/know how to install it. I will also need to have a screen installed around the lock-top dumper that will protect leaves coming in when I open it to make fire in the fireplace, quoted at $400. He was very punctual and polite, cleaned the place after him. overall - excellent service! I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and inspected -125$. lock-top dumper installed - $475.

03/12/2013

Jim B.

I called Chimney Doctor Inc to ask about buying and installing a chimney cap. We agreed that the next afternoon would be good to come out. Ed was right on time, came to door and we talked about what I had in mind, he went up on the roof to take pictures and measurements of the chimney. Because we had a double chimney and it was raining, he ask if it would work to come back tomorrow with some help and install the chimney cap. The next day they showed up right on time, checked in with me and very quickly got the chimney cap installed. I can't think how it could have been done better.

Description of Work
Installation of a chimney cap.

02/18/2013

Libby F.

We have moved into this house this year and wanted the chimney swept before burning any fires. Steve and his helpers are courteous, on time, cleaned up after themselves, and did this all for a very fair price.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and inspection.

Kwik Dry

Specializing in air duct and dryer vent cleaning! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Harris Landscape & Design

Harris Landscape & Design is a premier full service landscape company. HLD specializes in custom masonry and concrete services. We also prices detailed 3D designs complete with 360 degree views and video pictures. HLD wants to take your project from start to finish and give you the landscape of your dreams.

TruClean, Inc. -Air Duct Cleaning & Mold Remediation Specialist

At TruClean, Inc.- Air Duct Cleaning & Mold Remediation Specialist We Offer The Best Air Duct Cleaning and Mold Removal Services in the Mid-South. We Have PMII Certified Mold Inspectors on Sight Ready to Inspect Your Home and Keep you Safe. We Use the Most Up To Date, State of the Art Equipment Made for Our Profession. Our High Powered Equipment is Designed to Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned Right the First Time Guaranteed. We are a Small, Family Owned and Operated Business that is Steadily Growing. We Provide Top Quality, Affordable, and Reliable Service to all of the Mid-South. TruClean is Fully Licensed and Insured. We Specialize in Residential and Commercial Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, and Mold Removal, Remediation, and Testing. We Look Forward to Serving Your Family and Helping you Breathe Healthier, Cleaner Air!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Sweep, inspect & repair fireplaces, dryer vents, install dampers, chimney relining, masonry repairs & waterproofing, fireplace accessories, gas logs, glass doors, screens, tool sets & wood burning stoves. Construct all types of masonry, including outdoor fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, & retaining walls.