Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Memphis

Founded 1953 • With Angi since June 2006

1600 Century Center Parkway Suite 108

Memphis, TN 38134

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Memphis! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows,

10/28/2022

Ali T.

These m efers signed a contract for 4 windows and I gave them half of the cost upfront. They were supposed to make the windows ready in 12 weeks but after 5 months and calling them several times, they kept telling me they would call me back in 5 minutes but never did. Finally they told me they haven't even started my project and the price has gone up now. I canceled my order. Stay away from their b******* buy 2 get 2 free snag. They are lazy low lives and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Not delivered!

09/13/2022

john C.

We called for an estimate and ended up buying. Eddie Caruso gave us the best understanding we'd gotten on the subject, after 2 other estimates. We were happy to sign a contract, and look forward to having new windows and doors.

Description of Work
Windows and exterior door replacement

Category concrete repair, replacement windows, doors

08/15/2021

Mike H.

Sales rep. Mick Scarborough did a very good job.this is my third time I used champion.Haven’t had the third set of windows installed yet but the last two times went great.mick did a great job.

Description of Work
New windows

Category concrete repair, replacement windows

07/08/2021

Beverly O.

They came came out and installed windows in my whole house in one day. They look awesome and the installers were very nice.

Description of Work
All windows replaced

Category concrete repair, replacement windows

08/21/2019

Michelle W.

We consider ourselves pretty intelligent people, but let the buyer beware of the fine print. We were totally told one thing by the salesperson and manger on the day of our estimate, however the way the contract reads it not the same. Now after a ridiculous amount of communication, they are only going to penalize us $1000 for cancelling!!! I think they are just being unreasonable because they didn't get a $53,000 job. Our free home estimate wasn't free, it came with strings attached that were not explained during the speaker phone conversation with manager, salesman and my husband. We were deceived, can't trust this company.

Description of Work
Simply a Quote

11/20/2017

Stacey B.

Everything was perfect. Our installer has installing windows down to a science. He is thorough, efficient and does great work. I always know that he is going to get the job done right the first time!

Description of Work
We have been slowly replacing all of the windows in our older house. Champion has done them all so far and we couldn't be happier. They are a bit more expensive than the big box guys but I think the quality is better and the service is excellent

09/20/2017

SANDY D.

They installed the first door and it was not as ordered. They came back out after we called the salesman and told him that’s not what we ordered. He disagreed with us a little at first and then he said we were right. When the installed the second door, it still wasn’t 100% right. The colors were wrong on it. The color was wrong on the outside, the inside was fine. All in all the installation was good, the first and the second time. They were very good, the salesman just goofed and ordered the wrong door the first time. Then he tried to knock either $600 or $1000 to get us to accept it and we said no, we wanted what we ordered. So, they took it down scrapped it. They said when they take them down they can’t use it again because it bends it too bad. We are waiting on a screw for this one, but that is minor compared to the first time. The installation was excellent, both times. Their responsiveness was a little slow. They showed up on time. Other than the salesman, the company stands behind their product. Yes, I would use them again, I just wouldn’t use the same salesman. It took 6 weeks to complete the work.

Description of Work
They put in a front door for us.

Category doors

09/19/2017

Patti L.

They have done a great job. They have been out twice. They were a little expensive, but good things cost. They have been fantastic. I will use them for the next set of windows.

Description of Work
We had different windows replaced at different times.

05/23/2017

Debra H.

No problems. Great job. One window (double pane) developed a crack which was quickly address to my 100% satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace all 30 year old wooden windows with energy efficient ones.

04/21/2017

ANGELA W.

The worst salesman I ever experienced in my home. The salesman is just a rip off and its preposterous!!! I wrote to Andy Wise The Investigators and stated my issue. Hello Andy! I recently had a saleman to come out and do a home estimate for new windows in my home. The listing is stated in Angie's listing website; Champion Windows of Memphis The salesman went over the prices with us. I really believe this part is a scam> something about $500.00 for a lead paint inspection. The salesman said because the government requires for the homeowners to pay $500 before they can install new windows in my home. I want to know is this true? The man gave me this guide: Lead-Safe Certified guide to Renovate Right. I hope you can write us ASAP. Andy Wise: The Investigators stated the conversation below: You should not have to pay for a lead inspection to have your windows replaced. However, if you're selling your home, a prospective buyer can arrange his or her own lead inspection as a part of the home inspection. If it discovers a dangerous level of lead in the home, you may be obligated to pay for the removal of the lead before the sale. I hope this posting helps anyone before deciding to buy new windows for your home. I would not recommend Champion Windows of Memphis. Champion Windows of Memphis Memphis, TN 38134

Description of Work
Didn't have the work done>Still needs new windows replace on the home.

01/12/2017

Mark S.

Only issue I had was with scheduling. Made down payment in July, told at that time the job would be completed within 6 weeks. Job was not even started within 6 weeks. Job completed middle of December. Only time I heard from champion was if I called them or they called wanting money. I would hire again but would press them for a more realistic schedule.

Description of Work
Porch enclosed to make an all season room

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

10/17/2016

Stacey B.

We had several companies quote on the work. Champion's quote wasn't the lowest but their windows seem to be the best quality. They have been a pleasure to deal with every step of the way!

Description of Work
We are in the process of replacing all the windows in our 1978 home.

Category concrete repair, replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

09/12/2016

SANDY D.

It was good. They do what they say. The guarantee says it all, their products are guaranteed for life.

Description of Work
We had a front door installed, complete with sidelights.

Category doors

01/22/2016

Michael J W.

Our windows were ordered 5 August 2015, when they said it would be 6 -7 weeks until installation. After heariing nothing for 8 weeks, I had to call in first week of October to see what the plan was. Installation was the next week in mid-October 2015, by a highly professional installer (a Champion subcontractor). His work was very professional, but the windows were subsequently discovered to be the wrong color, and were actually molded in two tones of light and dark grey, NOT all the same uniform brown color as was shown to us by the salesman. We have a copy of our contract specifying the brown color we were shown, Now we have two-tone grey windows on a brown cedar sided house. Thanks! Champion told us the color problem was due to wrong color picture in the sales brochure. Then when we tried out the new windows "clean from inside" feature, the screens fell out into the yard!! In early November 2015, Champion came and looked and the installation manager said he would "reorder" all the window screens remanufactured, and gave us a $3000 refund for our troubles with wrong (multi)colors and faulty screens. I called the Memphis office 3 weeks later, the first week of December, to check on the status of the promised screens. The installation manager said, rather curtly: "I told you they are on order, I wlll call you when they come in". Then the 1st week of Jan 2016 I wrote an email to the corporate office in Cincinnati regarding the screen problem and the slow response. It had now been 6 weeks since he said originally the screens were "on order". We got a call from somewhere (not Memphis) a day later informing us that they would be out "to fix the screens next Wednesday". On 13 Jan, a field service man came out and installed spring clips on all the screens. Apparently the new "reordered screens" were never ordered. One screen still looks terrible because it is not square with the window when it sits in the track. Now get this! Today we got an IRS form 1099-MISC in the mail showing that Champion Windows of Memphis, TN has paid me $3000 as ?Non-employee compensation? in 2015 and reported it to the IRS. The warning on the form says ?This is important tax information and is being furnished to the Internal Revenue Service. If you are required to file a return, a negligence penalty or other sanction may be imposed on you if this income is taxable and the IRS determines that it has not been reported? This is my money I paid them to start with . . a refund. I already paid taxes on it, and Champion is saying I have to pay taxes on it again or be fined? We have already filed our IRS return on 19 Jan 2016, and we got this form today on 22 Jan. We are highly dissatisfied customers with all this, and now we are threatened with being fined by the IRS becasue they are trying to write off their loss as paying me as a "Non-employee" ??? Something is wrong and highly irregular in Champion's tax accounting department. Don't buy from Champion Windows Memphis.

Description of Work
Sell and install all 7 windows on the ground floor of our home.

12/13/2015

JIM C.

Decided to use Champion based on the quality of their product and the reviews here on Angie's List. The windows fit well and work effortlessly. Our home is quieter and drafts have been eliminated. The installers were experienced and did a good job with the installation. However, we were scheduled for a two day installation and the job took four days. The installers did not arrive before 10:30 am each day (could the job have been completed in three days with an earlier start?). They left a lot of debris that I had to clean up.

Description of Work
Installed two doors. 3 sliding double windows and 9 double hung windows.

11/25/2015

Dale R.

I contacted Champion of Memphis for an estimate on siding for my home because of my satisfaction with windows they replaced in recent years. I reached out to the company via Angie's List. They followed up via email and a phone call at which time we scheduled an appointment. During the sales call, the salesman was very professional and he addressed my questions. He was conversational and represented the company very well. He followed up post meeting; however, the project is on hold. Champion remains a major contender for my business when I'm ready to move forward.

Description of Work
Measure the home for siding; presented product description and features; quoted price.

04/21/2015

Jessica B.

They sucked. The sales guy was really good. He came in. He sold us on it and from there, deteriorated. There's nothing about their service was any good. For the price, I would have went with Window World. The quality of the work going in, the contractor they used was excellent, their sales guy was not, the job manager was not. I would not recommend them. I think they pretty well got it resolved. I got my windows finally in. I did get my replacement, I just regret the fact that they hold warranty on the windows that I will have should interact with them again.

Description of Work
I used Champion Windows. They did windows and siding.

03/20/2015

Jan C.

We were very impress with this vendor, his product and his warranty. Very knowledgeable. He certainly educated us. Unfortunately, his price was higher than his closest competitor whom we selected.

Description of Work
Measured our 22 windows, demonstrated and explained their product and gave us estimates.

12/19/2014

Lorenzo C.

They did a very great job! I would absolutely recommend them to any member of Angie's List!

Description of Work
They put vinyl siding on my house.

Category siding

08/03/2014

Vaughan S.

The service I purchased was not the service I thought I would be getting. I needed a glass pane replaced in a window. The company representative came to my house to give an estimate, at which point he informed me that what they do is install entire storm windows including frames. They do not replace glass. He did refer me to another company who could replace the glass.

04/08/2014

Vaibhav G.

The experience was good. A guy came over and gave a me good demonstration and a quote. We are still collecting quotes to decide who to go with. The price covers the installation and taking away all the 18 windows I have in my house and also for putting a couple of doors. He was very nice and very knowledgeable. He did a good job explaining what's going on and why. The price was a little bit expensive compared to what I wanted to hear just because they charged for two different colors such as green and white, inside and outside.

Description of Work
Champion Window of Memphis gave us a quote for window and door installation services.

Category replacement windows, doors

04/06/2014

JUDY C.

Great!! Mr Leonard explained the entire procedure and demonstrated the window benefits start to finish; knowledgeable and professional...

Description of Work
Removed all old, 1995 aluminum windows.

03/17/2014

Robert W.

Good craftsmanship, friendly folks! UPDATE , 9/15/2014, While cutting the grass a rock broke a picture window in the back yard. We called Champion Windows of Memphis, talked to Zina (not sure of the spelling) who informed us that a new one would be ordered and they would let us know. Today 9/22 I called to check on the progress and again talked to Zina and she stated that the window was ordered and it would take from 6-10 weeks for the replacement window to arrive. I will update again on the progress as it occurs.

Description of Work
Had entire house replacement windows. The job took two days. Champion windows are by far the best looking windows, the casing looks better than all I looked at. The only complaint was the glass has a different look to it, sort of wavy, but it was explained that the glass was tempered and would appear different. The installer was first class, worked by himself, did a great job, only had one piece if trim that needed to be re- done due to damage, took a few days and about four phone calls to get fixed but it got fixed. I am thinking about using them for my roof so as you can guess I am pleased with there work. Maybe I will get a good discount!

Category roofing, replacement windows

03/10/2014

Susanna C.

A good product and good workers. There was an unforeseen electrical problem which they dealt with in a very timely way. The screen part of the door arrived in damaged condition and they replaced it quickly.

Description of Work
Installed garden view door to replace rotted french doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

03/03/2014

Jimmy C.

Champion Window of Memphis were good. They were professional with them and they are quality. I don't have anything right now that they can improve on. The price was right on. I would use them again if I could afford it.

Description of Work
They put in three French doors.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, doors

3 Gen Roofing

2022 Super Service Award

Gomez Construction

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Neading Remodeling & Home Services, LLC

Your local, veteran-owned, small business, with over 20 years of experience in the Home Improvement, Remodeling, and Repair Field. We're a Full-Service Residential Remodeling Contractor, & our vast experience in a wide variety of services brings additional value to every project. Our focus is high-quality work, good communication, and a superior experience for our clients, resulting in a 5-star review & referrals from every client! We are Licensed #78729, Bonded $10,000, and Insured $1,000,000. Satisfaction guarantee on maintenance jobs & 12-month warranty on repair or improvement contracts. Exterior projects; Soffit, Fascia, Siding, Rotten Wood, Repair & Replacement, Exterior Re-paints, Doors & Windows. Custom Fireplace Mantles & Shutters! Visit our website to learn more! https://neadinghomeservices.com/start-consultation We specialize in: A variety of Interior & Exterior Home Improvement, Handyman, and Repair Projects. Exterior; Soffit, Fascia, Siding, Rotten Wood, Repair & Replacement. Exterior Re-paints, Doors, Windows, & Glass Repair & Replacement. Interior; Bathroom Remodels, Cabinet Facelifts & Re-Paints, Tile Backsplashes, Drywall Repairs. Handyman & Miscellaneous; Custom Mantles, Custom Shutters, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Guards, Pressure Washing & Sealing, Window Cleaning, Fence Repair & Replacement. Additional Services; available upon request.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Replacement windows, sun rooms, patio rooms, vinyl siding & entry doors.