Cannon Brothers A/C & Heating Inc

Memphis, TN 38118

DBA -Cannon Brothers Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

01/25/2023

We've been pleased.

Description of Work
Maintenance Check.

09/12/2018

kenneth W.

Solved the problem very quickly

Description of Work
HVAC was not cooling but was still running.

08/16/2017

William G.

Its $135 a year. They check the furnace and clean that. Then they change the filter. Then outside they wash out the compressor area, they clean that up. Then they check the freon levels. If there is something wrong with it they check it and they fix it. There is an extra fee for that. I have been using them for more than 5 years.

Description of Work
Spring and Fall preventative maintenance

05/15/2017

William G.

They do everything fine. I am impressed with the people they send out. They seem professional. They do their work. They clean up nicely, and they leave. They are reasonable. I think its an good price. I haven't compared it to anyone else. I have been with them for years, and it seems fair. I'm not complaining. I don't want to go into the attic. Its working for me not doing it, the price is fine. I couldn't fault them on quality. They clean it out, and its running good. I don't go around and check them. I don't go up in the attic to see how it is. No reason to doubt the quality. When they say they are coming, they come.

Description of Work
It was an maintenance thing. To check the system out. An preventive maintenance. They change the filter too.

05/15/2017

03/13/2017

Richard R.

Great. Very happy.

Description of Work
Furnace repair.

01/23/2017

Amy S.

They were efficient. They figured it out quickly and took care of it quickly. The workers were very professional.

01/23/2017

Amy S.

The work was on warranty.

Description of Work
They serviced the air conditioner.

11/03/2015

Shirley L.

Description of Work
Don't remember date or cost of last service but found them to be reliable and reasonable

09/10/2014

Emma B.

07/31/2014

Shirley L.

Description of Work
cleaned AC and repaired it When they left realized didn't have any hot water and called to see if related. Service man came back within the hour and lit the pilot on the water heater which had somehow been blown out when they blew a stopped up line out very nice about it and apologetic for it happening

06/19/2014

ray N.

The service went okay. They checked the AC unit. They recommended some additional service, but I declined. Scheduling was very easy. I feel like the deal was more to get customers to purchase additional services.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a Seasonal Furnace or Air-Conditioner Tune-Up.

05/22/2014

William B.

Professional and punctual. I was able to easily schedule an appointment. The technician thoroughly inspected and cleaned the unit. He also explained what he did and let me know that everything seems to be in good shape. Great experience from, what I believe to be, a very reputable company

Description of Work
Seasonal A/C tune up

12/20/2013

James P.

Provided a quote to replace a hvac system.

Description of Work
I used CANNON BROS A/C AND HEATING INC

07/31/2013

gracey S.

I was having trouble with my digital thermostat. First, they said it was a fried control panel on an ac unit and that I needed to replace it, which they did. This cost 483.00. A month later I was having the same trouble. I specifically asked that the service technician look at the wiring on the ac unit before replacing any thermostats since that was the problem last time. But, instead of checking the wiring on ac unit, the service tech replaced the thermostat first and THEN when the problem wasn't fixed went and checked the wiring which, indeed, was the problem. They still charged me for 2hrs labor AND a new thermostat. When I called to complain, the representative from Cannon brothers was rude and tried to bully me for almost 30 min. I explained that I did not want to pay for the thermostat, since it was not the problem. He said that he was going to come and take back the new thermostat and give me my old one back. I still had to pay for the 2hrs of labor. So, I ended up paying another 190.00 on top of the 483.00 I had paid from the first visit. It was a waste of time and money.

Description of Work
Replaced a control panel in ac unit, fixed faulty wiring and replaced a thermostat

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Member name removed) specifically called in and asked to have thermostat replaced and to check wiring on unit. This particular thermostat had been giving her intermittent problems for some time and she was given a price to replace it the previous time we were at her house. When our technician arrived, there was no display on thermostat so he replaced it but outside unit still would not come on. Upon further investigation, he found burnt high voltage wiring to outside unit which was repaired. This would have nothing to do with the power to the thermostat since it operates on 24 volt low voltage. We most certainly did not try to bully you into keeping a thermostat, it was explained that we would bring out your old thermostat and install it at no charge.

07/15/2013

June V.

I researched companies under Angie's list and I chose them because they had like an A or something from you all. Anyway I totally disagree with that grade. I would not use these people again. Number one, I teach school, so I told the receptionist when I could get there. The repair man can early and then I was charged for his time that he got there even though I told the receptionist I can not get there, do not get out of school until 3:30, I can not get there until 4. Well he got here at maybe twenty minutes early or something, anyway I was charged for the time that he got he early. I thought that was unfair. The technician tended to be be a real, he was trying to impress me with his intellect, not his air conditioning ability but how much he knew about other things. I was just getting interested in getting my air conditioner fixed. In the end, just a few weeks ago, I had completely replaced, their repairs did not work. I feel like I kissed $700 good bye. I would not use this company again, never. I was totally dissatisfied, I did call them and complain, I just I will not use them. I played with the idea of calling them, I don't know where they got an A from, but I would not give them an A. I wish that I had called because the company that I ended up being referred to that ended up fixing my unit and getting it all fixed up, I would never use Cannon again, never.

Description of Work
Cannon Bros. A/C & Heating Inc. I had a Freon leak.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are terribly sorry you did not have anything but the most pleasant experience with us. Upon arrival, the downstairs system was leaking Freon. You were given an option to either replace the leaking equipment or we could add a sealant to the system to possibly seal the refrigerant leak. You were thoroughly advised that this was not a guarantee to seal the leak, this solution usually works but there is a chance that it would not seal the leak. if you had only called in we would have been more than happy to take the price of the service and the sealant off of the price to replace the equipment. You were charged for 2 hours of labor to find the leak in the downstairs system which was in the evaporator coil, add sealant and recharge unit with 4 lbs of R-22 Freon, and check the upstairs unit for proper operation.

06/19/2013

Patricia L.

Came out and found that my unit was bad and arranged to install the next morning since I had no cooling in the house. They were very professional and by noon I had a cool house.

Description of Work
Installed new central air conditioner

12/16/2011

David P.

I called Cannon Bros. after their office had closed for the day (4:30), but a technician on a service call returned my call after 10 minutes and offered to come that night, if necessary. He noted that it sounded like I had a bad blower motor and that he would be on overtime. I said that someone could come the next day. David Cannon left a message at 6:55 the next morning. I called back at 9, and they had a technician to my house at 9:45. Luckily, it was just bad capacitor on the blower motor, not the motor itself ($18 vs. @$160). The service call was $90. Overall, I was very pleased, and plan to call Cannon Brothers in the spring to check out my A/C unit.

Description of Work
My furnace stopped blowing hot air. The technician checked out some electrical components inside the furnace and determined that the blower motor capacitor was weak. He replaced the defective capacitor and the motor worked again. The service call took 1/2 hour

10/28/2011

bart T.

AC was not performing properly (low on freon). Scheduled a time to come out and troubleshoot same day (I called early). Technician was professional and troubleshot the AC unit (low on freon and the A coil was the source of the leak). Refilled promptly and did not leave a mess in the house or where he was working. A little pricey for 2lbs of freon but great service. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Freon added to unit not working properly.

07/19/2011

Carmella D N.

After they left and we turned on the air conditioner we heard a really loud noise. We called and one of the brothers came in and did something to it. He said he was going to have to order a new part and they would call us when the part came in. The noise had pretty much stopped, but they never called to replace the part. Whether or not they plan to call or whether or not they don't is a problem because they haven't let us know. They don't need to replace the part now because whatever adjustments they made has taken care of the problem. There is no communication and I have a problem with that. I know it has been hot here and I'm sure they are busy, but our biggest issue is that they are not communicating. It took them a while to come out and do the original installation and we even paid them before we were billed, so the fact that they are not getting back to us troubles me.

Description of Work
I used Cannon Brothers Air Conditioning & Heating to install a new air conditioner and heating unit.

07/07/2011

CHARLES C.

overall the service call and service was excellent. i would not hesitate to use them again . the service man was very prompt and knowledgeable on the problem and it was corrected in short order.

Description of Work
my central air unit failed in the hottest part of the summer. i received service the next morning after contacting them.

02/28/2011

karen and ivan B.

The service was excellent in quality, speed, price, and customer service. I can't give a higher recommendation than to the Canon Brothers. They are an excellent company demonstrating the true value of integrity. We were in dire straits in the middle of a Memphis summer without air conditioning. Some companies gave price quotes and time quotes that were obviously trying to take advantage of our situation, but the Canon Brothers gave quotes were they could make a reasonable profit and where we would be happy with the price, quality, warranty, and speed of service. Actually, we were more than happy with the entire transaction with the Canon Brothers from beginning to end. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I don't think you can go wrong with hiring this company for your next heating/air service.

Description of Work
The Canon Brothers were the perfect company to replace my central air conditioner and furnace. I got several quotes( from big companies, little companies, and individuals) before signing with David Canon and am extremely happy for hiring the Canon Brothers. I was in dismay because as you can see with my other reviews last summer, many of the services from other air companies did not last. I waited to review Canon Brothers, because I wanted to make sure the furnace worked just as well as the air conditioner and I'm happy to say it does. We are ecstatic that the Canon Brothers quality of service is exceptional. They installed the new condenser and furnace within 2-3 days of the original quote (which was a dream come true because we were completely without air conditioning in Memphis in the middle of the summer. David Canon answered all of my questions with expertise (not trying to upsell me to buy a larger unit, like other companies had pitched). He was more interested in the quality of the his company's work rather than getting more money from a bigger sale. I'm very impressed with this company and would hire them again without hesitation.

12/22/2010

Alice A.

It turned out wonderful. Everything is working fine. They showed up when they said they would, and came back when they said they would. It was a really good experience both times that I dealt with them. He is a very nice young man. The quoted price was exactly what it turned out to be. They were honest, up front, and very timely. They were there within 3 hours of me making the appointment.

Description of Work
I have used Cannon Bros. A/C & Heating twice in the last two months. The last time they were here they replaced my furnace.

07/03/2010

CHARLES C.

excellent repair and customer service treatment for a fair price.

Description of Work
my central air unit quit working. i called late in the afternoon and inquired about residential service and the time frame it would take. an appointment was made for 7.30am the next morning, at my request for early morning appointment. the serviceman was right on time and discovered the problem to be a blown starting capacitor. the new part was installed and the unit performs as it should. .

03/14/2008

Dale F.

I have used Cannon Bros in the past, and they are always responsive, whether there is a scheduled service call during the week, or an emergency call on the weekend. In this instance, I called on an emergency basis, as the furnace was kicking out frequently and it was well below freezing outside. The technician was sent to the house within two hours of my call. He diagnosed the issue and took sometime showing me and explaining all issues to me. He made some recommendations on replacement units. He referred me to the office personnel to schedule a replacement. I called the office personnel about 10 minutes after the technician left, and someone (Lisa) was already working on it. Within 2 hours she called me back with a couple of options, including one name brand that was quite pricey and a relatively unknown brand, much lower cost. She recommended the lower cost brand. It was delivered and installed by 10 am next day.

Description of Work
Technician responded to a service request regarding frequent kick outs and necessary resets of our furnace, an outside, combination furnace and AC unit. Technician diagnosed the issue as a severely cracked heat exchanger and provided options for repairs versus replacement, and offer several options for replacement. I worked with technician's office personnel that afternoon to make a selection of a new furnace, and the new furnace was installed the next morning by 10 am.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

RW Heating, Air, Plumbing & Electrical Inc.

One of the most popular heating and cooling companies in Northern MS, RW Heating & Air has dedicated our business to high standards. OFFERING NEXT DAY A/C INSTALLS - we have the product on-hand and ready to install. We do everything we can to provide the best quality in all of our services whether we are doing installation, maintenance or repairs. Our friendly customer service staff will make every effort to get your problem taken care of fast, even on nights and weekends. Our skilled, licensed HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Technicians will provide you with efficient, professional service. Our team takes pride in offering the area’s best customer experience. We pride ourselves on value, by providing quick and cost-effective solutions from friendly technicians. You can rest assured that we won’t try to up-sell you on improvements you don’t need. If it doesn’t make sense for our customer, it doesn’t make sense to us. Doing business the way we’d like to be treated means being upfront, honest, and considerate of your home.

Offers Coupon

AirTeK LLC

AIRTEK LLC specializes in residential Heating and Air Condition repair and installations in the "Greater Memphis Area". Air Conditioning Heating New AC Unit Installations Competitive pricing HVAC Plumbing repairs Smart Thermostats IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) Hot water heaters

2022 Super Service Award

Jay Electrical and HVAC

We specialize in all phases of electrical and heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! 25 years of electrical experience and 20 HVAC experience. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award