Burns Appliance Repair

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2012

428 N Mendenhall Rd

Memphis, TN 38117

We are a family ran business that has fast, friendly and most of all affordable major appliance repair. We've been in business since 2010 but have been in the trade since 2000. Our goal is to make the repair(s) easy and go as quickly as possible for all of our customers. Thank you for your time and always remember, "For a company who cares, call Burns Appliance Repair."...

03/17/2021

Joe A.

The repair went very well and we were very pleased with the work from Burns Appliance Repair. The service techs were punctual, polite, and assessed and repaired the problem with the freezer very quickly. It has since been about two weeks since the repair and the freezer continues to function well.

Description of Work
Freezer Repair

03/04/2021

Charles B.

They were a few minutes early. Most unusual. Rick Burns was very knowledgeable. He know exactly what was wrong after a short conversation. The service took about an hour including a visit to a hardware store. Rick and his assistant were friendly and very efficient. I would definitely hire him again,

Description of Work
washing machine maintenance

11/30/2020

Karleen T.

Prompt, business professional, knowledgeable, cleaned up, perfect

Description of Work
Repair of Bosch Dishwasher

11/17/2020

Joyce W.

Refused to come. Said he only worked within the 385 corridor - not Piperton. Although, if you read his main page he clearly states he serves 38017. Piperton is 38017. Total BS - my job just wasn’t worth his time.

Description of Work
Gas cooktop igniter orifice

08/11/2020

Daniela V.

It didn't. Was scheduled on Tuesday 8/11/20. No show and no phone call.

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

06/24/2020

Ronald G.

The freezer repair was our second engagement with Burns Appliance Repair. On both instances, Rick repaired our appliances quickly and cost-effectively. Our original call was to repair a 5-year old under counter ice-maker. Rick managed to repair it after I had given up. Due to the quality of the service on our ice-maker, we called Burns a second time when our freezer stopped working. After only a few minutes, Rick determined the cause, the repair, and the cost. I'm happy to say that the call to Burns saved us hundreds and potentially thousands of dollars for a replacement freezer. Rick is a knowledgeable and skilled technician. We will be calling on them the next time an appliance fails. I give Burns five stars all around, for service, quality, and cost.

Description of Work
Repaired Ice Maker & Freezer

05/22/2020

Stephen H.

Mr. Burns learned on the fly with this particular refrigerator. It was a simple part replacement that was common in most refrigerators, and he had the part in his truck since it is a common problem. He fixed the problem, and the refrigerator has had no problems since then.

Description of Work
The laboratory refrigerator for my business was not cooling.

04/19/2020

Thomas N.

Fridge making loud noise at various times when it cut off. First called official GE Repair Repair Service and their guy wouldn't even look at it, said on phone on way to house he had to hear noise to repair and would just charge me a $100 service call if couldn't hear noise. Told him I thought it might be compressor & he said he would have no idea what it could be if he couldn't hear it and therefore couldn't repair, but would still charge me $100 to come out and tell me that. Told him that was ridiculous and to forget it. Found and called Rick Burns who came out, checked it out, agreed it was compressor, replaced it with a generic 2 days later, and now working Great, no more loud knocking noise. Great guy, knows his stuff, great work, and can't say enough about his service & professionalism. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Refrigerator compressor replaced

04/11/2020

Lynda W.

Very friendly and professional...great experience

Description of Work
Dishwasher installation

12/28/2019

Anna W.

He had to make two trips but I’m pleased.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repaired

12/08/2019

Patsy F.

Very well. Mr Burns was very professional and got the job completed in less than 30 minutes

Description of Work
Water line for ice maker tepaired

10/28/2019

Tony V.

Very professional, and timely. I was very satisfied and would hire again

Description of Work
Oven install

09/10/2019

Mark E.

Straight forward answer. Recommended i not waste money on a dying unit.

Description of Work
Service Call to diagnose problem

08/11/2019

David S.

Arrived on time. Fixed the problem. Refrigerator works. Could not ask for any better result.

Description of Work
Refrigerator not cooling.

12/19/2018

Daniel M.

Still waiting for a reply for a request that was submitted on 10/18/2018. Additional Details: Frigidaire electric range Model: FPES3085KF Bottom heating element of the oven is not working. Needs repair/replaced.

Category appliance repair

You could have called us instead of waiting on an email reply and we would have been glad to help you. Im just now getting notifications from my emails for the last few months.

12/19/2018

Susan J.

The repairman went to get the needed parts and installed them in about 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Washer agitator was not working.

10/24/2018

Glenda B.

Fixed compressor and ice maker. Very prompt and efficient. Very happy with service.

Description of Work
Not cooling. C

09/29/2018

M. D.

It went very well; the new one was installed in very little time. The dryer is now working properly.

Description of Work
Replacing a switch in Dryer door

08/07/2018

dwight V.

went very well, it needed a relay replacement not a compressor as I had feared. Hire these guys.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

06/30/2018

Steve K.

Our icemaker defied standard repair procedures. But then Mr. Burns virtually took the freezer apart, locating three loose wires at the bottom that were causing the problem. He replaced them with higher quality wires than were originally in the appliance. Our icemaker works perfectly now. Mr. Burns is a terrific appliance repairman and also very nice and responsive.

Description of Work
Icemaker repair

06/06/2018

william P.

Service was done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Refrigerator line was clogged

01/05/2018

Lisa M.

Rick came very quickly and was very professional. He didn’t find a problem with the washer, but checked it out thoroughly. It may have been a problem of the appliance position since we had moved it and it doesn’t seem to be leaking since. I am giving a good review because he seemed knowledgeable and he arrived within an hour of my call.

Description of Work
Washing machine overflowed and leaked under tiles in floor. I called to have the washer checked out.

12/11/2017

Bob S.

I called several repair outfits and was told they wouldn't work on the issue I had described to them. I searched YouTube and found what I found was my solution but couldn't get anyone interested to come fix it. Called Burns and they popped right on out and agreed with my take on the issue. They fixed it! No muss, no fuss. Yes, I had to pay for the service call but it was significantly less expensive than buying a new double wall oven set up.

Description of Work
Self cleaning oven locked up and wouldn't unlock.

11/27/2017

Michael S.

My fridge went out on Sunday. I called Burns at 8am Monday, and they were able to send someone out as soon as 11am. Everything was completely repaired by 12:30pm. I could not believe how quickly the issues was resolved. Highly recommend Burns and would hire again for sure!

Description of Work
Replace a part in a refrigerator

09/13/2017

Jones S.

The professional fixed it thoroughly. Saved a lot of money for me. Had it not been fixed, i would have spent a lot in buying a new washer.

Description of Work
Cleaning of washer. Water got clogged.

Kwik Dry

Specializing in air duct and dryer vent cleaning! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

TruClean, Inc. -Air Duct Cleaning & Mold Remediation Specialist

At TruClean, Inc.- Air Duct Cleaning & Mold Remediation Specialist We Offer The Best Air Duct Cleaning and Mold Removal Services in the Mid-South. We Have PMII Certified Mold Inspectors on Sight Ready to Inspect Your Home and Keep you Safe. We Use the Most Up To Date, State of the Art Equipment Made for Our Profession. Our High Powered Equipment is Designed to Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned Right the First Time Guaranteed. We are a Small, Family Owned and Operated Business that is Steadily Growing. We Provide Top Quality, Affordable, and Reliable Service to all of the Mid-South. TruClean is Fully Licensed and Insured. We Specialize in Residential and Commercial Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, and Mold Removal, Remediation, and Testing. We Look Forward to Serving Your Family and Helping you Breathe Healthier, Cleaner Air!

American HVAC & Plumbing

We have the professionalism of the big name companies without their prices. As experts in many skilled trades, American HVAC and Plumbing strives to exceed expectations. With nearly 14 years of experience, we take pride in the quality of our work, responsiveness, and competitive pricing. We look forward to serving you and building a lasting relationship. Call us today at (901) 221-1231 https://www.localhvaccontractormemphistn.com

Heating & Air Conditioning Service & Repairs, & Appliance Repair - Ranges, Stoves, Ice Makers, Refrigerators, Ice Machines, Water Heaters, & Dryers.