BARTLETT NURSERY & LANDSCAPING

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2006

3.8

7157 SUMMER AVE

Memphis, TN 38133

All types of landscaping. Commercial and residential.

04/17/2017

Kathy K.

Great. Came out when they said they would and promptly completed project.

Description of Work
Large tree roots dug up and sod put down.

Category landscaping, lawn service

12/29/2015

Fred N.

Having an issue with part of the work performed, it required several attempts to contact the provider for a resolution. Conroy Barber finally agreed to stop by to discuss a solution, at which time Mr Barber, rude and arrogant, denied any responsibility for the matter, turned around and walked off.

Description of Work
Install stone patio

12/25/2015

Randy H.

07/07/2015

christine C.

05/21/2015

Pamela D.

Description of Work
This company was very easy to work with and have many years experience working in the area. I needed help with stopping erosion at one end of my pond and a resolution to sloping ground where I needed a platform to hold garbage cans for pickup. The jobs were recently completed and I am very pleased with the result. I would recommend this company.

06/10/2014

Chris E.

Nice shrubs and worm castings.

Description of Work
Sold shrubs and worm castings.

07/01/2013

Nancy H.

It went very well. All our plants are doing well this spring and we think the front of our house is much more attractive now. We are quite pleased with our dealings with them and call on them from time to time with questions. They are always quite receptive and provide us with the answers we are seeking. I have no idea about pricing. What may be reasonable to one might be unreasonable to another. Therefore I did not include the price and just entered a grade of and quot;Band quot; because I had to submit something. However, any reader would be advised to ignore any reference to price in this review.

Description of Work
Designed plan for planting shrubs and flowers in front yard. Gave advice on pruning and gave us a plan for maintenance.

06/24/2013

Linda S.

No service was provided.

Description of Work
We stopped by Bartlett Nursery to talk about landscaping work needed at our home in Cordova. We were promised a call back during the week ("my wife does the scheduling and she's not here") and we have heard nothing. Business must be good when we go out of our way to come in but we can't get follow-up or a quote. Sorry! We'll try someone else!

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/11/2012

RICK G.

They are punctual and lived up to what they sold me. They cleaned up after themselves so they did not leave a mess. The workers were hard-working and the supervisor did come out and inspect the work. I was very pleased with their services and would use them again for sure.

Description of Work
I use Bartlett Nursery & Landscaping for landscaping services. The last time I used them was for cleaning up and mulching of the flower beds.

06/06/2011

paul V.

Description of Work
During the design process Joe from the nursery, talked bad about my neighbors(how they complained all the time about his work),staffu (how it was tough working with family), and bartlett residents(how cheap bartlett people are). Once the flower bed was completed it looked great. However, 4 plants died after two weeks. The company says they will replace plants for free within 30-days and half off there after. However, they only replaced 2 of my plants and told me that if the other 2 were still dead by spring that they would be replaced for free. when spring came the plants were dead. Joe from the nursery claimed he made no such promise and yelled at me over the phone. He said he was not going to hold my hand to show me how to water plants. He did not replace them for free. My response was if you think I didn't water them then how did my 12 other new plants live? finally, dates mean nothing to Joe, if he says he is coming out on the 5th then expect 5th of next month!

Category landscaping

This member went on vacation for a week and said someone would water the plants while gone. I don't believe that was the case. So we replaced 2 of the plants and the others were fine. The new plants didn't quite match the older ones so that is why he wrote this bad review. The other things about Bartlett residents and his neighbor, I'm not sure where that came from. Some people are never going to be satisfied no matter how hard you try to please them. Joe Bartlett Nursery

09/12/2008

Eric P.

I spent about an hour going over what I wanted to do with my yard and he took measurements and notes. He said he would get back with me with a design and estimate. He did this promptly. However when I went to the nursery to see his design, it was way off the mark from what we had discussed. It was not at all what I had said I wanted even down to the color of the mulch. While the design was nice, it was not what I had in mind. The pricing for the work was very reasonable. But I decided to use another contractor who appeared to understand my design needs.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate on landscaping the front and back yard. I had an idea about what I wanted and also had some plants that I wanted to use already in my yard.

Category landscaping

A lot of this review is true, but what is not discussed is that existing plants that have been there a while usually won't survive being transplanted. We do listen to the customers requests but sometimes the plants they ask for will not hold up to the conditions that are present, such as full sun or heat and cold hardiness. I would suggest to people reading these or any comments to talk to the company first hand and not believe everything you read on these web sites! Thank you, Joe Bartlett Nursery

09/12/2006

I was not sure of the kind of plants and flowers I wanted so they were great about suggesting what they thought would look best. They were also very courteous and did everything in a timely manner. They did an excellent job with the landscaping in my yard.

Description of Work
I had them do all the landscaping around my pool which included planting 40 to 50 various hedges like azalea bushes and Holley bushes. They also did a variety of flowers around the pool. Most of the flowers planted were day lilies but there were others as well.

Century 21 Construction, LLC

Century 21 Construction, LLC is a construction company specialized in masonry and carpentry. Masonry includes brick, stone, block, tile, and concrete. Carpentry is available for new and existing projects! We also make wonderful pergola’s and arbors! Our staff combined has over 50 years of experience. We are local and looking to earn your business. Call us for a free estimate now! 901-437-1098

Smart Water Irrigation & Lighting

Smart Water has an excellent reputation for quick response, guaranteed customer satisfaction and a personal relationship with all customers! In order to take care of the earth, we must take smart measures towards conservation of her natural resources. We get to know your yard and lifestyle to create a personalized, conservative design for the best irrigation, drainage or outdoor lighting that makes it easy for you to enjoy a beautiful yard. With our many years of experience providing Commercial and Residential Irrigation, drainage and landscape lighting in Memphis, you can be confident we will run your project smoothly. We offer discounts to all retired militrary, active military, teachers, and retired teachers. Fax: (901) 382-8319

Solo Landscape

Call Us Today @ (901) 282-7918!!! Landscaping Business Solo Landscape is a locally owned and operated Memphis-area small business dedicated to quality landscape and supreme customer service at reasonable prices. Browse through our portfolio and services to discover how Solo Landscape can beautify your home or business.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential and commercial landscaping, includes retaining walls, drainage, irrigation, sodding, seeding, tree planting, new bed installation, stone work, stone walkways and patios. Bed maintenance, including trimming, weeding and mulching.

Lawn mowing, tree trimming, lawn spraying and fertilizing.