A to Z Construction Services LLC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2007

581 Vandalia Street

Memphis, TN 38112

Residential Remodeling & Repair, Gutter Helmet of Greater Memphis Dealer...

04/04/2019

JIM C.

Mike came out and gave me the price for removing and replacing my gutter helmets. In addition I had a few panels that needed to be replaced. The whole process went flawlessly.

Description of Work
Needed my Gutter Helmets removed so a new roof could be put on my home.

09/30/2016

KATHY F.

I think it's pretty pricey but it was enough that I said yes and I knew we needed some gutters. But when I tried to get a hold of them later on in the years I couldn't get hold of them. Well number one is that I didn't resource using them and other hand that got me to really checking things out before I bought something.

Description of Work
I use Gutter Helmet for Gutter Repair & Replacement. They put up the gutters.

07/14/2016

Marcia T.

This should be an A+ review; however, a hiccup caused the downgrade. I called on 6/28 and Dana offered an appt for 2pm on 7/1. Dana called me on 6/30 as a reminder. Unfortunately, the appt was rescheduled for 4pm on 7/11. Dana called on 7/8 as a reminder. On 7/11, Mike showed up early for the appt. Performed a thorough inspection, provided pics of repairs needed near the roof, and advised the tech would be out the next day. On 7/12, Mike called to inform me the tech was off and would be out 7/13. On 7/13, the tech came out early and completed the job. All were friendly and thorough. A+ work. The hiccup - I called Dana at 2:30pm on Friday, 7/1 after no one showed up or called for my 2pm appt. Dana advised she would research. Dantae called at 2:34pm to advise he misread his emails, he was 30 mins away (Germantown) but would be at my home (Whitehaven) by 3:30pm. Dana called at 2:50p to verify I was called. At 3:47p, Dantae called to inform me he was stuck in holiday/rush hour traffic but on his way. That was the last communication I had with Dantae that day. At 5:30p, slightly irritated, I called the office and left a message with the answering service. The only reason I was slightly irritated and not mad was because a friend was receiving play by play updates on Dantae's antics and she kept me laughing on how Dantae probably started celebrating the 4th early and he called to give me two chances to reschedule because he was never coming anyway. Well, I didn't pick 7/1, it was offered to me and I was available all day. On Tuesday, 7/5, Dantae called at 8:19am and Dana called at 8:22am. I sent Dantae to voicemail as I was in no mood for his nonsense but I answered Dana's call because she had been nothing but sweet. The answering service did not relay the entire message, just the request to reschedule. So, Dana received an ear full on that Monday morning; she remained professional, apologetic and understood when I stated under no circumstances could Dantae come to my home. I wondered if I had allowed Dantae to come to my home if I could have received a discount because of his games but time is precious, I was too irritated to deal with him and Mike informed me their minimum for a job is $305. In the end, the work was good and I would work with them again (probably without Dantae).

Description of Work
Added one downspout and gutter repair (sealed the end and added metal drip-edge & metal diverter)

11/03/2015

Angela G.

The Deal only covered half the price of getting my gutters cleaned. I did not get on a ladder to inspect and it was raining the day that they came so I can only assume that the job was done sufficiently. My home is almost 3400 sq feet and they were there less than an hour.

Description of Work
Cleaned my gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Janet Brink Office Manager

07/02/2015

cammie C.

issues with a gutter but they have come back and worked on it already once and will be here tomorrow to see what else they can do to assist with drainage issues. They are very eager to satisfy us and make sure all if well and thatwe are happy with our new roof. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEN FOR YOUR JOB AS WELL!!!B Mr. Mike and the ladies in the office are great to work with.

Description of Work
We had work completed on our roof and then had some issues but, they were very eager to satisfy us with their work. They have done a great job.

Category plumbing, roofing

06/25/2015

Shilesh J.

They did a good job of cleaning the gutters. The deal covered a limited area so I asked how to do clean remaining and I thought it was too pricey so I had them clean gutters that we could not reach ourselves.

Description of Work
Clean the Gutters

05/01/2015

Jeana L.

Took house off the market to do this work, and explained that time was of the essence to get it back on the market and sold. Work was not started when promised which delayed getting the house back on the market. Tile installer had never worked with this particular tile before and wasted two days and several sheets of tile trying to figure out how to do it. Made a mess of the walls beyond the tile and the seams with appliances, cabinets, etc were noticeable. Floors did not appear to have been touched at all. Received no response to the voicemail message I left to complain. Had no choice but to go ahead and put the house back on the market. Was shocked to receive bill for the full amount of the bid. Called again to complain and received no response. Received a second bill for the full amount and finally a call initially asking me to make an offer for what I thought would be a fair price for the work and then refusing my offer to pay $1,000. Would only take $200 off and insisted the floors had been thoroughly cleaned. Wish I could post photos to let you judge for yourself. This was the third time I have used A to Z, and I thought they were a good company, but I will never use them again. I thought this bid was high to begin with, and I knew I should have shopped around. I feel like A to Z took advantage of the fact that I was in a hurry and trusted them from previous jobs. Won't make that mistake again!

Description of Work
Work to be performed included installing tile backsplash in kitchen, cleaning grout between slate tiles on kitchen floor, and repairing cabinet in laundry room.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your review. We will take your comments into consideration. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank You, Dana Jankiewicz A to Z Construction Services, LLC.

01/12/2015

Steven M.

we were out of their area but they were very responsive and professional. They did not waste my time.

Description of Work
Told me I was outside his service area, quickly.

Category gutter repair

Thank you for the positive review. We regret that we could not help you with you home repairs. Thank you, Janet Hollis Office Manager

09/30/2014

Jeana L.

Outstanding experience from start to finish. They started the job when they said they would and worked til complete for exactly what they quoted in the beginning.

Description of Work
Repaired, scraped, and reprinted garage ceiling, replaced and painted sections of cedar siding, replaced sections of gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, interior painters

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Please enjoy your new gutters & siding! Janet Hollis, Office Manager

07/25/2014

Jared M.

Everything went well, except for some water leakage on the inside when a random thunderstorm came and hit the structure in progress. No permanent damage thankfully, and touch up work was done to cover the damage.

Description of Work
Constructed an outdoor patio

Category contractors, gutter repair, woodworking, patios

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Please enjoy your new patio! Janet Hollis, Office Manager

06/21/2014

Paul K.

The workers A to Z used were fantastic and their work was performed with high quality. My only complaint was the price. I really feel like we got taken on a ride and yes I know I could have gotten someone else to do the work but unfortunately that wasn't an option at the time. I don't mind paying a premium for quality service and craftsmanship, however this was way past premium. Would I use them again? I don't know. Previously I used them for a roofing job and was very pleased with the quality and the price, but they knew they were in a bidding situation at that time. So in short I would use them if I had time to bid the job out and let them know they were bidding against others. But as far as building a relationship with customers based on fair prices for quality work, I'm not sold.

Description of Work
Repair water damage on our downstair's ceiling. They cut out about a 10' x 10' area of sheetrock and repaired this and then painted the ceiling.

Category gutter repair, water damage restoration, interior painters

Thank you for your review. We will take your comments into consideration. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Janet Hollis, Office Manager

06/17/2014

Deidre S.

I had to call them more than once. They weren't reliable as far as when they would be here. They called me back. I did not use them when they finally gave me an estimate. I felt like they knew what they were doing as far as skill level, but it was just too much run around as far as them keeping appointment times and returning my calls and all that. They gave me an estimate maybe two weeks after we've spoken. It took too long for us to connect first of all. When he did come, he said: "I'm going to have my roofer guy follow up with you." It never happened. So I wasn't going to use them anyway, because it took too long for us to connect and for them to keep their word and coming out. It was not a good experience.

Description of Work
The quote was for a roofing leak I had.

Thank you for your review. We will take your comments into consideration. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank You, Janet Brink Office Manager A to Z Construction Services, LLC.

06/10/2014

Ruth M.

They were punctual in arriving for an estimate. They offered advice for changes to downspouts, The color choices match our roof and dress up the appearance. The workmen arrived on time and the job was finished in half a day. We received a follow up call to see if everything was satisfactory. The weather has provided many rainy days and we are happy with the new gutters.

Description of Work
remove old gutters, repair facer boards, and install gutter helmet gutters to our house

Category gutter repair

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Janet Hollis, Office Manager

05/15/2014

James M.

A to Z Construction Services LLC are like low-cost, low-overhead, very honest. They have got a good cooperation that they will have job done and they get their job right and they do care about the quality of the material. They are not a full service company, but they get you afford the price.

Description of Work
We had used the services of A to Z Construction Services LLC.

Category concrete repair, basement remodeling

04/03/2014

Erskine C.

The work was outstanding but the price was extremely high.

Description of Work
I used the services of A to Z Construction Services a couple years ago. They did the window. They also replaced some gutters for me too.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

03/19/2014

Sharon C.

They were extremely professional and their quotes were not the lowest but we liked their background and their reviews.

Description of Work
They replaced rotten wood and trim and painted the exterior of our home. They did an excellent job and we would definitely hire them again.

01/09/2014

Geoffrey T.

The electrician was very professional, had the problem fixed in no time!

Description of Work
Fixed electrical outlets in my house.

Category electrician

11/20/2013

Alex H.

The installation went well. The installers were competent. The finished job looks good. At this point, I am extremely satisfied with the job.

Description of Work
A to Z installed gutters around 2/3rds of my house.

09/30/2013

mark R.

I decided to go with AtoZ Construction because of Mike Smith's presentation. He was on time, well prepared with details down to a demo window with color chips. Mike was a complete gentleman with a crew that reflected his demeanor and professionalism. I am not easy to please, I ask a lot of questions and if something appears not right, I speak up. My gauge for judging a company is not only the kudos I hear from my neighbors, but how they handle themselves when problems arise. AtoZ lived up to the task. No matter what my concerns were, they were always addresed with a sincerity that showed a desire to make it right. AtoZ performed the majority of the work in the month of September during what I believe the hottest week in the summer. I had complete trust of AtoZ and frequently left the house to run errands with instructions for them to lockup after they were done for the day. They never failed me and always shut the gate to the pool before retiring for the day. There's not too many times in my life I can say I made the right choice, but I am happy with this one. Thanks again AtoZ Construction and Angie.

Description of Work
install new windows(15) and gutters/downspouts. repair/paint soffit,trim and fascia board. stain front door. paint trim on roof vents. remove vegetation growing in select locations.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

07/16/2013

Calvin M.

The service went great. They came out and gave an estimate, called a couple days later and gave a time to come out. It all happened pretty quick, with a week and half turnaround. They were more expensive than most, but they offered some unique services.

Description of Work
I used A to Z Construction Services LLC. They installed gutters on the front and back of our house.

06/06/2013

vanessa G.

A to Z Construction Services have been really good. My experiences with them have been very good. They're responsive. They were always there on time and they do good work. They're a good company to hire.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

05/28/2013

Lonnie W.

Inspection done on time. Repair date set but did not show- But, called late afternoon saying delayed. Rescheduled for next day. Showed up on time & performed job to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Remove old gutters, install new gutters and gutter helmet

04/02/2013

Cynthia A.

The price included the material, labor and painting. He was very good about coming back and taking care of some mistakes that his employees made. He came back and checked the work and made sure the guys came back and corrected their work. They were kind of pricey.

Description of Work
I used A to Z Construction Services to replace a few boards that were rotting on the siding on the side of the house. It was about 30 boards.

Category contractors, siding, house painters

03/28/2013

Danny W.

Things went well, and I was happy with the final product.

Description of Work
They came out to replace two skylights.

Category replacement windows

03/06/2013

Bill H.

There is just one type of covering. They did okay. The only thing was I had to call them on some little part they were supposed to leave but the company sent it right out to me, so it went well. It was just a little thing I put on my hose to spray the top every once in awhile. The ones I could see anyway.

Description of Work
I last used A to Z Construction Services a couple of years ago to put a gutter helmet on all my gutters. That's a gutter covering that keeps leaves from getting in the gutters and clogging up the drains.