FES Security

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2010

P O Box 4134

Maryville, TN 37802

FES Security is a family owned and operated business with over 35 years in the electrical and security business. We added Security Alarms Limited in 2002 to add to our expertise in the security division. Rest assured in choosing FES Security for your Security, Fire and Personal Emergency Monitoring. It is our promise to you our customer that we will never sell your monitoring service to an outside company. We want to personally assure our customers receive the level of care we strive for and being able to handle your monitoring account in house is the only way we can make certain that you our customer can receive this level of quality. We offer 24-hour phone service where you will always speak to a real person, never a machine. All of our technicians are certified, insured, and covered by workmans compensation. Please don't hesitate to inquire about us. We look forward to meeting and working with you. If you have any questions that we may answer don't hesitate to give us a call at (865) 984-8939....

04/12/2018

S H.

very well..they have always been very helpful

Description of Work
security services

Category home security systems

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your business. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us.

11/22/2016

Jeff F.

From the very beginning I couldnt have been more impressed with the company. At the time of my consultation I met with the owner Dale Whitley, he took his time did a walk through of my home inside and outside, he sat with me to give me several options on the type of protection i was looking for. He answered all my questions during and after my estimate. I received a phone call in less than 30 minutes to set up an appointment to have the job done and i didnt have to wait longer than a week. They office staff was so polite. The crew that came to my house was amazing they were so informative and cleaned everything up as far as vacuuming and wiping up after themselves you would have never known they were there. I love the security system and the camera are out of this world! The quality and care this company has is great. Thank you for all your hard work FES!

Description of Work
Camera and security system

09/16/2016

John K.

I had Frank's electric install and monitor our home security system several years ago. I was always satisfied with the monitoring service that we received out of New York and I was very satisfied with our installation. My problem with Frank's electric was always billing. They say they bill quarterly but sometimes I would go 6-9 months between times of receiving a bill. I cancelled my service in 2012 or 2013, I don't remember now...and I did so in writing. I received a bill in 2014 so I paid it because I thought maybe I had an outstanding balance. Again, I let them know I wanted the service cancelled. I received a bill in 2015 and I did not pay it and once again let them know I had cancelled the service. Now, in 2016, I am being turned over to collections for a debt I owe because of Frank's Electric poor record keeping. If you are with FES, make sure to keep good records because I'm afraid that they don't, or at least didn't in the past.

Description of Work
Security System Installation

07/23/2016

Fran M.

Our response from FES was very disappointing to say the least. We had FES as our security provider in a rental unit prior to purchasing our home. Being such a long time customer, we had trusted their security in the apartment and when it failed in our home, and endangered our lives, we found them to be totally uncaring and working only to protect their company name. They came to our house to prove to us that the glass breakage units we had installed by them were not at fault. There was no way they could prove it to us. We had tried multiple times to set the glass breakage off before they came to our house without success in four of the five units. Their reasoning is that it has to be in THEIR test mode and has to be THEIR glass breakage tester (which they bring with them) not the 2x4 blocks of wood which we had used., although during our testing prior to their arrival we did get one of 5 units to set the siren off after we set the house alarm. They also are not accepting any responsibility or liability for our losses.

Description of Work
We paid to have 5 glass breakage units installed in our house. One night while we were sleeping, burglars smashed two windows in 2 areas that had these units and entered our house, the alarm never went off. Only when they were leaving and opened the back door did the alarm go off and woke us up. Even the police stated that if the alarm sounded like it was suppose to, they would have taken off right away and not had the opportunity to get in our home.

10/27/2015

Deborah F.

Category electrician, home security systems, computer repair

Thank you very much for you time. We are pleased that you had a good experience and trusted us for your security needs. Please do not hesitate to call if you need anything, its our pleasure. Thanks again.

08/01/2015

Lisa A.

Good, only one problem - put a motion detector in garage and the guy gave me a hard time about wanting the door alarm hooked up. The hardware was there from ADT. I won that argument, but it should not have been one. Also, they did not go through the options - alarm at night, alarm when away. It has been almost a year, and no follow up from them.

Description of Work
Update from ADT - used many of the door contacts, added others, replaced panel. This was actually Flexor, bought out by FES.

Category home security systems

[Removed Member name], I wanted you to know you wrote the comments to FES Security . We are in no way affiliated with Fleenor or ADT, We do not show you as an active customer with our company.

04/20/2015

Sue D.

Everything checked out find. I find the service reps to be friendly and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Checked equipment.

Category home security systems

[Removed Member name], Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We strive to make every service call an enjoyable experience and look forward to your continued business.

10/14/2014

Diana M.

We just purchased a home in Friendsville, TN, and decided to get a security system installed since our house isn't visible from the road. FES was very helpful and informative. We have pets, and wanted to be sure that their movement would not trigger the alarm. Once we decided upon a system, they adjusted it to be just right for us and our pets. They arrived on time and there were no surprise charges. The price is for purchasing the security system outright - so there is no monthly rental fee - ever. We do however pay about $26/month for them to monitor it and contact us when the system goes off. The system is wireless, so a cut phone line does not prevent the alarm from going off. (You have to think like a burglar when buying one of these system.) We've had to contact them with a couple of programming questions, and they are always very helpful. Overall, I'm very pleased with FES. I've never had a security system before now, and it's nice to know that someone is "watching" your house when you step out for the evening or go out of town.

Description of Work
Installed security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you so much for your positive review. We try our best to treat our customers in a professional and polite manner as well as providing experienced service technicians that can help you get the right amount of protection for your home,

09/21/2014

Donna S.

Estimate: very professional, informative visit. the best was NO PRESSURE. I got an estimate from a big company and there was BIG TIME pressure, So, I immediately felt better about FES, they don't have to pressure. It was 2 weeks before they could schedule . They must be busy! I know why, the 2 guys that did install were fantastic!! They cleaned up as they worked, left my house spotless. Answered all my questions, they did not rush thru the job. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Description of Work
installed hard wired home security system

Category home security systems

Thank you for your review. We like our customers to choose our service, because they feel we are the best choice. We try our best to be professional and courteous at all times . We look forward to a continued relationship with you .Thank you for your business.. we appreciate you!

09/17/2014

MONICIA N.

Perfectly.

Description of Work
Installed top of the line security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad everything went smoothly. We try our best to provide excellent service to our customers

08/30/2014

gloria M.

No details to give since I never heard back from them. I was not interested enough to call them directly. I just went with another security system provider instead.

Description of Work
I sent a message through Angie's List to this provider and never heard back.

Category home security systems

Unfortunately your complaint should actually be with Angie's list since they did not provide us with a message. They have never provided us with any messages from anyone inquiring about our services. Had contact been made through us directly your inquiry would have been addressed. We are sorry for the lack of communication that Angie's List doesn't provide companies with direct inquires. We feel that your grade should not be a direct reflection on us but on the provider that you sent your message through.

07/21/2014

Valerie H.

It's been a long time since I have dealt with such a professional group of individuals. Not only were they punctual, they were slightly early. Dale diagnosed our situation and quickly and efficiently updated our system at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Got our security system tuned up and running

Category home security systems

Thank you very much we truly appreciate your business. It is customers like yourself that make us who we are.

04/29/2014

Pamela Y.

The installation team, Tim and Al arrived on time and worked all day long putting in our intruder and fire safety features. The men were both professionals and did excellent work.

Description of Work
Complete installation of security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you so much for your review. It is our pleasure to welcome you and our goal to keep serving you in a professional and considerate manner. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your experience successful. Thanks again.

12/29/2013

Earle B.

Excellent installation. Intelligent security measures.

Description of Work

Category electrician, home theater design, home security systems, computer repair

Thank you so very much for your review. We appreciate your time and attention. We are pleased and honored that you trusted us for your security needs. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you. It is our pleasure to serve you.

11/20/2013

bren B.

It went great, they’re awesome. I went through a lot of people on Angie’s and finally found Frank’s. They’re the nicest people in the world. If you want security, you want to call Frank’s security service, they make sure you get security, not just a pad on the door. Their prices are phenomenal, their monthly service fee is half of what you will pay elsewhere.

Description of Work
They put in an alarm system.

Category home security systems

Thanks so very much for your kind remarks. We strive to make each and every customer as happy as you are!! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

10/11/2013

Steven G.

they were awesome. go with these guys!!!

Description of Work
installed security system

Category home security systems

We are so very glad you are happy with us! Please don't hesitate to call if there is anything else we can do to help!

08/12/2013

lisa A.

Always courteous and professional

Description of Work
New remotes for electronic gate

Category home security systems, home automation

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our service, [member name removed]. We appreciate you. We appreciate all our clients and appreciate the trust placed in us to serve their security needs. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can do to serve you.

07/29/2013

Steven G.

It’s nice because you actually get ahold of a real person when you call. We called them because I was renovating and painting a room and wanted to take down the censor. I called them to make sure it was okay. They told me how to take it down. We recommend them to friends and neighbors!

Description of Work
We have an alarm system with them. I had to call them a couple weeks ago and they called me right back.

Category home security systems

[member name removed], We are so pleased to be of service to you and your family. Thanks so much for sharing your review!

07/18/2013

Denise M.

I haven't had a security system before, I really didn't know what to expect. But they came out last week and gave me a written estimate. The estimator was really nice and worked with me to show me how to get the most out of my investment. Two installers showed up on time and had it installed in just a few hours. They cleaned up their own mess, which was nice, they didn't expect me to do it. Then they showed me how to use the system and invited me to call anytime for additional instruction. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Installed a security system in my home. It covers all the doors, has motion detectors and glass break detectors to cover all the windows. Full coverage for my home. It makes me feel much more secure.

Category home security systems, home automation

We are so very glad this was a pleasant experience for you. Please let us know if anything is needed to make you feel more safe and secure!

07/16/2013

Jean D.

They have done a great job. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used FES Security about two months ago in May. They evaluated my home and installed a security system.

Category home security systems

So happy that you are happy! We strive to please all our clients!

03/25/2013

Robert S.

great work. neat and clean people. very professional. explained everything in detailed. they were not in a hurry. they were there to do the job and to do it RIGHT. they explained everything in detail and took plenty of time to make sure we new everything and were comfortable before leaving.

Description of Work
great people. great work. installed security and fire alarm system.

Category home security systems

Wow! We truly appreciate your comments. It's so nice to be recognized for doing things right! We strive for this exceptional level of service at each and every appointment.

08/10/2012

Leonard J.

I pay them quarterly. They are very courteous people. They know what they are doing. They are very prompt. I chose them over ADT because after they get down installing the system, I own it and I don’t have to lease it like we would from ADT. ADT wouldn’t be for us.

Description of Work
We are using a security system from FES Security. We have used them for 2 years.

Category home security systems

So very glad you are part of the FES Security family. Yes, owning your system is much preferred over just leasing it! Pride of ownership is a big part of the American Dream!! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to keep you safe and sound!!

05/09/2012

Steven G.

They were last out about January and have been using them about a year now. They do a great job and my friends and company use them also. We found their pricing to be more reasonable and we have found them to be very helpful.

Description of Work
I use Frank Electric Svc for my home Alarm System.

Category home security systems

Thanks so very much for your kind words and loyalty. We will be loyal to you and your friends as well! Please do not hesitate to call us if there is anything else we can do to help you in any way.

Overholt Consulting LLC

Overholt Consulting specializes in custom IT solutions for small businesses as well as individuals. We offer remote and on-site support for computer repair, as well as most other technological issues you may have. We have an abundance of experience in consumer electronics as well as telecommunications. If we can't help, we can at least get you on the right track, and referrals are always free!

David's Tech Support

As an IT Professional I offer various forms of technical support such as, TV Mounting, installment of home smart devices, and wifi modem setup/troubleshooting. I offer same day booking through HelloTech's App or Phone service. Please give me a call for my direct booking link and a $10 off coupon.

Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential & commercial security, fire alarm, UL certified fire, carbon monoxide detection, combustible gas detection, cctv, gate entry, home theater, surround sound, background sound, personal emergency, monitoring, wireless, temperature, cabling, phones, networking, access control, nurse call, delayed egress & intercom.

Electrical, Computer repairs and services