Campbell's Painting & More

Founded 1990 • With Angi since November 2011

2826 Rambling Rd

Maryville, TN 37801

CAMPBELL'S PAINTING & MORE... has been in business over 30 years with an outstanding reputation of excellence. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service while working hard to get the job done professionally and in a timely manner. We work closely with you throughout the project giving you the results you're looking for and deserve! We provide complete home improvement services, property management/maintenance & we'll even offer to do your laundry!! So, when you're in need of a reliable, dependable professional that will bring beauty to your home with lasting results, call CAMPBELL'S PAINTING & MORE... because “We’re Building Friendships... One Project at a time!” We also offer referral fees as a simple way of saying “thanks” to everyone promoting our growth. This also assures that everyone’s involvement with us is a “win-win” experience. Thank you for choosing CAMPBELL'S PAINTING & MORE... as your professional home improvement service provider....

04/09/2020

Ken C.

We made an appointment for an estimate visit. Dwight showed up promptly. Spent a good amount of time with me to understand what needed to be done. After a week had gone by without receiving the estimate, I emailed him. He apologized for the delay and promised I would have the estimate the next day. Nearly two more weeks have gone by without the estimate. Obvious from other reviews that he gets overloaded and loses track of things.

Description of Work
Paint covered porch and exterior deck, plus some siding

Category basement waterproofing

I haven't forgot about you & I sincerely apologize for the unexpected delay. I've had some issues I've had to take care of that's required much more of my time than expected. I will reach out to you today.

08/15/2019

Patrick W.

Excellent Service and workmanship This is the 4th job Dwight and his people have done for me and each has exceeded my expectations. He and his people take pride in their work and it shows in the final product. Highly recommend you calling Dwight for any remodel work.

Description of Work
Flooring and door install

Category flooring contractor, doors

Thank you so much for your uplifting review! We are grateful for your friendship and always enjoy working with you.

04/24/2019

Donald T.

It was a great restoration. Two people know who and what to do for a GREAT job.

Description of Work
Deck Restoration

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you again and we are grateful for your friendship!

03/22/2019

Joshua C.

Nothing to say but great things about this company. Dwight, the owner understood my needs and carried out exactly what was desired during a tight time frame. Gary and Mike did an exceptional job installing the plank vinyl flooring we purchased. It turned out beautiful... We also used them for some plumbing needs. We appreciate everything you did! It's nice to have a company with many services. We even referred them to our family. Will definitely use Campbell's Painting and More for future projects! Thank you!

Description of Work
Vinyl Plank Flooring Install

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

Thank you so much for your encouraging review and referral! We are truly grateful for your friendship & look forward to helping you on future project needs.

03/10/2019

JOHN J.

Everything went excellent, service was great, the entire staff was professional, friendly and there to answer any questions needed. I would highly recommend Dwight Campbell and his company, Campbell's Painting & More! John A. Smaldone

Description of Work
Electrical, painting and masonry work!

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, interior painters

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you & we're grateful for your friendship.

10/16/2018

Douglas H.

So I requested a quote from Mr. Campbell and his price was outrageous. By his estimate he would make more per hour than most Doctors. His estimate to spray 200 feet of fencing was $1800. He stated this project would take 8 to 10 hours. He was only providing labor no materials. When he told me this price I was floored. Although he’s a nice guy I am not going to spend $1800 to spray a $5000 fence.

Description of Work
Wow very expensive

Category fencing, handyman service, house painters

While I respect your opinion, that labor price is less than $0.80 cents/sf for oil based stain on 200' x both sides x 6' tall fence. Good luck & wish you the best!

07/04/2018

Ralph G.

It went great. Dwight and his crew are always great to work with. Dwight is very fair with his prices and his crew did a very professional job. I really like working with Dwight. His lead guy Mike is awesome to work with. The entire crew was awesome. I look forward to working with Dwight on future projects. They can really do any job. I would recommend them for any job.

Description of Work
Extensive termite damage repair, grading yard and using a cultivator to break into fine dirt, reshaped yard to abate water flow. replaced several floor joists , replaced insulation. repaired two walls in master bedroom. tore out termite damage and rebuilt walls and replaced damaged insulation. scraped that ceiling and repainted, hung four ceiling fans and replaced light switches and covers in living room. Sowed grass and put grass mat down and seeded. put vent wells onto house as they shaped the yard. They also installed a new sump pump while under house replacing the termite damaged floor joist.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, insulation, landscaping, lawn service, lighting, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, ceiling fans, interior painters

Thank you so much for your review & we sincerely appreciate your kind words! It's always a pleasure working with you & we are grateful for our friendship. Thank you again! Dwight & crew

03/23/2018

Kay G.

They were punctual, courteous and professional. I will use them for other protects!

Description of Work
Installation of doors

Category handyman service

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you both & we look forward to future opportunities. Thank you for your friendship & we wish you the best!

02/08/2018

Mark D.

Installed crown molding in main living area, looks perfect.! Very nice to work with.

Description of Work
Install Crown molding

Category handyman service, woodworking

It was a pleasure helping you with your crown molding needs & we sincerely appreciate your positive review. Thank you for your friendship & we look forward to working with you again.

11/02/2017

Roger S.

Excellent work, competitive price, professional service. Highly recommend. Definitely will use again.

Description of Work
Painting, kitchen remodel, master bedroom closet

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you so much for your review! We're grateful for your friendship & sincerely appreciate the opportunities we've had to work with you... & look forward to more.

10/30/2017

Patrick W.

Dealing with Campbell's paint was a very positive experience. Dwight and his crew were very courteous, professional, prompt and the workmanship was very good. I would certainly recommend anyone considering home improvement work in the Maryville and Alcoa areas to contact Dwight. You will be happy with him and his crew.

Description of Work
Ceiling repairs, painting, handy work

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Thank you for your inspiring review! We really enjoyed working with you & are so glad you chose us to help with your project needs. We are thankful for our friendship & look forward to helping you with any future needs you have. Thank you again & we wish you the best!

10/23/2017

Emma T.

Dwight and his team was very professional. The quality of the work was above explemary. I was very impressed with outcome. The workers were very courteous, and punctual. I have more projects that will need to be done over time, and I definitely will use Campbell's Painting company for all my I highly recommend Dwight and his team for all your home projects.

Description of Work
Painting,Wood Staining,Wall paper removal, bathroom fixture update.

Category handyman service, remodeling, wallpaper removal, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much for your encouraging review! We look forward to a lasting friendship & thank you for the opportunity.

10/03/2017

Lauren C.

Both items were installed in a reasonable time and appear to be very well done. Although not asked, one of the men painted the screen door, which was a very nice addition to the work they did. The team was very professional and respectful, and Dwight, the owner, showed up to introduce the workers to us, and later came by after the work was performed to check and ensure that it was done properly and that we were satisfied. We will definitely call him again!

Description of Work
The team installed a roof vented attic fan in our attic to allow the HVAC unit there to “breathe” better. While here, the team also installed a screen door on our porch, and painted it.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you & we look forward to our lasting friendship.

08/22/2017

Mark D.

It went well, Dwight and his crew were all great people, and always felt good about them on the job.

Description of Work
We had a complete gut job and inside remodel.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you for your uplifting review! It was a pleasure working with you both throughout the entire process & I am grateful for our friendship.

05/10/2017

Brittney L.

Dwight helped us get our house on the market and helped us with repairs from the home inspection. He did his best to accommodate our tight time frame. His work was good quality and he and his crew cleaned up the work area at the end of each day. The tiling he did turned out beautiful. We trusted him to complete the work without supervision as we were already living out of state at the time and he did not disappoint.

Description of Work
Outdoor landscaping, paint touch-ups, tile work, power washing, plumbing, various repairs.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, fencing, handyman service, house cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, plumbing, remodeling, pressure washing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you and your family the best.

04/25/2017

Ralph G.

Dwight was very professional and pleasant to work with. His crew did a great job and he was responsive to my questions and concerns along the way. I would hire him again...

Description of Work
Labor to flush and repair downspout takeaways and sump pump discharge .

Category handyman service

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you & we greatly appreciate our friendship. We look forward to helping with any future opportunities.

03/27/2017

David T.

Mr. Campbell was prompt to return the initial inquiry and schedule a meeting for an estimate. He worked diligently to assess the problem with a major fencing supplier to reduce the cost of materials. The work was done on time. The results are excellent. Very professional job.

Description of Work
Extensive fence repair: Replace 12 rotting fence posts and repair fence.

Category handyman service

Thank you for your encouraging review! It was a pleasure working with you & we thank you for your friendship.

01/02/2017

Ed H.

Dwight came to my house to measure for an estimate. He was prompt and punctual to the time he said he would arrive. He did a thorough job of measuring. He is very personable and professional, I was looking forward to working with him. He finished his measurements and told me he would get back within a couple of days to give me the estimate. That was the last that I heard from him. He never got back in touch to give me the estimate, and that has been over four months. He has not contacted me in any manner. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

Description of Work
Gutters and siding pressure washed; Deck and enclosed gazebo stained.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Thank you for your well deserved review & I accept full responsibility for my lack of response. Unfortunately, I had to focus my attention on prior pre-committed projects that unexpectedly tripled in size from the original scope of work in efforts to minimize costs & reduce overall completion schedule for each homeowner. I sincerely apologize and am working hard to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again & I wish you the best as you move forward.

12/08/2016

Lee W.

Owner, Mr. Campbell sent someone to look at my roof. I believe he was related to Mr. Campbell, brother in law maybe. This person went into my attic to look for and assess damage. He didn't even get on the roof, but said he knew where the leak was. He called Mr. Campbell. I did not hear the conversation. Mr. Campbell called me promptly to say the job required around 90 feet of metal flashing to do the job and the price for the job would be $1000 dollars. I thought this was a little high, but I agreed to that price. The same guy that inspected and one worker showed up and began the work the same day. They were here about 2 hours and 45 minutes. They put in 3 strips of metal flashing and caulking to complete the job. That was it. The siding above one of the strips was broken in several places and repaired with visible screws and caulk. I paid the workers with a check and they left. These people did not use 90 feet of flashing. The job did not take even half a day. Several days later, I called Mr. Campbell to tell him I thought he had overcharged me by a gross amount and I was expecting much more whatever to fix the roof. I asked him politely for a refund , but he refused any type of refund saying that I had agreed to the amount of $1000. This is true. I did. You may say that this is just sour grapes on my part to report this. Maybe it is. I have never owned a business and I don't know about material costs, fees, wages for workers, etc. But , in the end I feel I was taken advantage of by this company. Strange but I have friends who think that Mr. Dwight Campbell and his company absolutely "hung the moon" and love him. Sour Grapes maybe. Use this company again- absolutely not.

Description of Work
Needed roof leak repaired.

Category handyman service, roofing

Thank you for your reply. Obviously this is not the type of review we're working toward, but we still thank you because we're always working to improve. I only wish you had been as honest with me throughout the entire process as I was with you since I advised that someone else could do this cheaper than me and even encouraged you to get other bids. When you observed the work being completed, you thanked me again for the immediate attention to complete this repair and even asked me to give you a bid to prep & paint the exterior of your home. You even told us of your bad experience with your best friend that worked for you and was glad you found someone you could trust and that we came highly recommended. Even when you wrote my check after the work was complete, you encouraged me to get my bid to you ASAP for the exterior painting. Needless to say, your efforts for a refund weeks after the work was complete was quite a surprise, then when you tried to coerce me by threatening to post a bad review on Angie's List if I didn't give a refund only showed your true colors and left me with "sour grapes". Although you ignored the opportunity to select another bid, you claim you were taken advantage of?? I've never had an experience like this before and I'm thankful for honest customers - past, present & future.

11/07/2016

Ian D.

Dwight was great to work with and very helpful. We had visitors coming from out of the country and the house was a state due to a leaking pipe that had required tearing down drywall to locate and fix. Dwight managed to work us in to an already crowded schedule in a way that ensured the work was done, and done very well, before our visitors arrived. I wouldn't hesitate to use Campbell's Painting and More again, and plan to do so in the future for a host of work we have around the house.

Description of Work
Repair work after a water leak. Removal of toilet, vanity, baseboard, and damaged ceiling and drywall, install new drywall and replace toilet and vanity. Drywall patching also needed in multiple other rooms and ceilings.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Thank you for your review! So glad we could help & we look forward to our lasting friendship!

09/23/2016

Lynn S.

I think they're terrific. I would give them the highest grade. The owner of the company noticed the grey that they were putting on the wall looked blue. I was out of town and he called me and said that they don't think that's what I wanted. We then decided to choose another color to paint the house. I really appreciated that he was so alert and giving me the chance to stop the work and change the colors.

Description of Work
They painted the interior of my house and they're going to be helping with my bathroom remodeling.

Category interior painters

Thank you for your kind & encouraging review! It's very uplifting when we have the opportunity to work with customers like you that appreciate our efforts to earn your trust, show our professionalism and gain a friendship!

09/11/2016

Patricia G.

Very professional, painted two bedrooms including ceilings. Arrived as scheduled and left with job done perfectly. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work

Category interior painters, paper shredding

Thank you for your review & it was a pleasure working with you. We look forward to a lasting friendship!

07/28/2016

Tracey M.

It went very well. The work exceeded my expectations. They had quoted a price on the one repair and did more than anticipated but stayed within the estimate. I would use them again and recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Pressure washing and molding repair

Category handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking

Thank you for your kind words!

04/19/2016

Barbara N.

Service good. Dwight is very attentive to his customers.

Description of Work
Pressure washed all of house, sidewalk, driveway, washed windows, chemical treatment to fireplace to remove white fungus on morter and brick

Category replacement windows, pressure washing

Thank you for your review & the opportunity to work with you! We hope you will keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs you may have & we sincerely appreciate your friendship.

04/05/2016

Stuart A.

Crew arrived on time and when they began work, found out the problem was more extensive than originally estimated. After dealing with the bigger problem, the smaller problem of some damaged soffit and guttering was addressed. Work was probably completed in about 3 hours

Description of Work
Crew repaired a damaged portion of soffit area and guttering

Category gutter repair, siding

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure meeting & working with you & we look forward to future opportunities to help. Thank you again!