D P Lawn Service

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2006

3330 Miser Station Rd

Louisville, TN 37777

When you need excellent landscaping work from experts who know their stuff, you need DP Lawn Service. We’re the area’s top choice for landscape contracting, offering a complete range of services for all types of projects. We do it all—and we do it all with the quality work we’re so known for. For top-quality landscaping from a dependable professional, our name is the one to remember. To schedule a consultation or to request a quote for our services, don’t hesitate to contact us....

04/04/2020

Barb M.

Prompt, professional and meticulous. Very pleased

Description of Work
Mow, sweep and weed wack

Category lawn service

Thank you so much for the Great review. Glad I was able to assist you. Thank You David Parsons

11/11/2019

A H.

It went great! David is very responsive via phone and conducts most messages with you via Text. Which is highly convenient. Our "weeds" were so bad that they had become weed trees while we were away. Thank goodness for David and his team. We have since used his team for months now where the price has reduced to the standard fees since we no longer have "extra issues".

Description of Work
Lawn care, edge control, and weed extermination

09/07/2019

Rebecca S.

It was very good. He is professional. Definitely helpful. He going to come bi weekly to mow my lawn now which is convenient for us. The price is affordable too!

Description of Work
Lawn mowed

08/22/2019

Denny D.

I called Mr. Parsons and requested an estimate. We made an appointment for him to come by a couple of days later. It's now a couple of weeks later, and I still haven't heard from him.

Description of Work
Mowing my lawn

Category lawn service

Never received a call from this individual

03/12/2019

M J H.

They did a fantastic job! I had a lot of brush and shrubs that needed to be cleared along my fence lines, overgrown flower beds, and a dead holly hedge that had to be removed. They also trimmed back the shrubs at the front of my house. It was a big job but they were able to get it done in just a couple of days. It looks so much better and I couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Brush clearing

Category lawn service

Thank you so much glad you were pleased with the work!!

07/17/2018

kay W.

very professional and quick service.

Description of Work
mowing and weed eating

06/14/2018

Leslie C.

It went very well. We’d had another man that was supposed to come for 3 weeks straight and he never showed up so it was quite overgrown. They spent a lot of time working in our yard and did a great job.

Description of Work
Shrubs, trees and bushes trimmed

03/14/2018

Angela F.

Excellent. David was prompt and professional. His work was great. The mulch is neat and tidy and beautiful in the yard. The landscape looks great. He also removed the trimmings

Description of Work
Trimming and pruning of landscape trees and bushes and applying mulch

10/04/2016

Herman R.

He gave an estimate and said we had to wait for cooler weather. (I've since been told this is not true). NEver called and when I called he said he had a virus. Then ne never called. I've been told this is a way some people have of letting tou know they are no,onger interested but I think that is a crappy way to do business. Now it may be too late in the season to do the work!!!!

Description of Work
Rid lawn of crab grass.

Category lawn service

Weather was major issue here. No rain at all any attempt at overfeeding would have been a waste of money . Sorry did not get back soonEric but getting rid of crab grass this time of year would not have worked without a total Kill.

08/19/2015

Stanley H.

David and his helpers did a very good job and were eager to make sure I was happy with the work.

Description of Work
trimmed bushes, weeded, and spread 10 yards of mulch

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

12/23/2014

Macy B.

It went well, was very reliable and would notify us if he needed to make a change in day.

Description of Work
Mowed our lawn every week for the summer

10/30/2013

Andrea G.

They were very explicit on after-service care and maintenance instructions. They have contacted me twice since the date of service to check on the progress of the sprouting of the grass. It is coming in very well. They did a good job. I would use them again and recommend them to others. They responded quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Aerated large yard with extra attention applied to certain areas, over-seeded and fertilized.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

09/17/2013

Diane S.

They are okay. There is nothing spectacular or nothing bad about them. I have used them for such a short length of time and it is really hard to evaluate but the guy that I dealt with initially was really nice.

Description of Work
I use DP Lawn Services once a week for mowing my yard and blowing the driveway off.

09/09/2013

Deidra P.

The renter who had lived in my home for three years did not take proper care of the yard. The weeds in the front flower bed were literally taller than the house. It's a single story home, but those are still some serious weeds. One of the many unauthorized plants in the bed was a walnut tree. The root system on a walnut tree is very, very deep. Because of the tree's proximity to the foundation of the house, David and his crew had to dig it out by hand. I do think the price was a little bit high, but I was very pleased with their punctuality and professionalism.

Description of Work
He removed some serious weeds from a flower bed.

06/28/2013

Sharon T.

I think DP Lawn Svcs get mixed up on the bookkeeping, but we, so far, have been able to straighten it out. They're honest. It's just that they get mixed up and don't charge, then we have to go back and pay them. Other than that, they do well.

Description of Work
They mow and do my lawn. Usually, they come once in a week if it's not raining. If there's a lot of rain, it's every other week, for right now.

06/24/2013

Mike C.

They knew what end of the shovel to use.

Description of Work
Delivered mulch and spread in areas requested. Completed some rock work I requested.

Category lawn service, mulch

03/11/2013

Rhonda V.

They performed all services in a exceptional manner. Workers were nice and very tidy. Had no problems adjusting dates to meet our schedule. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They provided bi-monthly lawn services.

10/17/2012

Yvon M.

It went well. It was a lawn mowing job, how do you write a story about that? Good job.

Description of Work
Lawn was mowed, edged, and cleaned up front and back. Mr. Parsons was very professional, polite, neat and clean. I would have had him back again already but it had been raining every time I had the chance to make the call. Then one day while I was out, my daughter came by and did it for me. I certainly will call him back in the future. I know gas is high, but the only minus I could say is that the entire job took leass than 10 minutes and it was 40.00. That's a lot for me on a fixed income. If I could afford it, he would be here more because he really did do a good job.

09/29/2011

Annette R.

Just moved to Knoxville. Asked them to maintain lawn until we were able to move into our house. Were very reliable and did a good job. We have retained them to mow and edge every two weeks.

Description of Work
Mowing and edging every two weeks. Reliable and efficient.

09/07/2011

Paul B.

David provides weekly lawn service for two lawns for us. He is prompt, thorough and very professional. He does an excellent job and we are thankful to have found him on Angie's List!

Description of Work
Lawn service - mowing and weed eating.

08/11/2011

Charles W.

They are very good. It’s an ongoing thing, but the first bill was $255. They are going to come out every week. They were on time. They kept their word. They were very professional. I would highly recommend them and continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I started using DP Lawn Svcs about 2 weeks ago. They did shrubbery, trimmed the shrubbery and mowed the lawn.

08/03/2011

Larry B.

Pro: I am disabled and David has cut our lawn for 2 years at $35.00 per week. This is not a fancy landscaping service and is priced affordably for people that just want their lawn mowed. David is conscientious about showing up once a week, but is good about not mowing (or charging you) if your grass has not grown high enough in that week to be cut. He is always pleasant and he, his helper, and his equipment are clean and professional looking. Be perfectly clear on this. He arrives with his riding mower (and a weed eater for the sections of your yard that cannot be cut with the riding mower). He does not provide extra services of the more expensive landscapers unless you have specifically contracted him to do so, and I really got the feeling he didn't want to deal with anything but the lawn mowing. He does not pick up the sticks and branches from your yard, nor does he haul them off. He will ride right over those sticks and branches if you do not pick them up yourself. Con: DP shuts down in the fall just before the leaves begin to seriously pile up. This means that if you have leaves, you will have to hire another lawn service to take care of them, or deal with the leaves yourself.

Description of Work
Lawn trimming.

Category lawn service

I do not shut down in fall I am gone out of state for 2 - 3 weeks in last of october to the first 2 weeks of november. When I return I get any leaves up that are requested. Some pepole do not let me know untill the leaves are out of control then of course it is going to be a problem. I do other services such as aireation & over seeding. I do not work on irrigation. Trim bushes and plant what ever is requested. i had to remove this member off my list that is why the negetive attitude.

05/06/2011

Susan L.

David has been mowing my lawn for the past 4 years or so and has always done a great job. He also cleared out some overgrown brush and mulched a slope off my driveway, again a great job. I have tried other services and David is the most dependable and professional. He is also open to offer any tips on maintenance or prevention - I have picked his brains on many occasions when I had weeds that couldn't be killed or grass that wouldn't grow. You may pay a little more but you get what you pay for. I hope to continue service for many more years.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing every 2 weeks.

Category lawn service, mulch

04/17/2011

micki W.

David Parsons of DP Lawn Svc was the only one who did all of the mowing. Sometimes he did the edging, sometimes he hired someone else to help. He was fine if you have a large lawn with very little detail but otherwise he has problems. Last year I planted a shrub and each time he mowed it got smaller until finally it was gone altogether. I put small plants along my fence and either he or his helper made them disappear. Sometimes, he'd mow an area that was taller than others and he would just leave the cut grass laying on top of the lawn unless I asked him to clean it up. Once I asked him to not cut down my daffodils and sure enough, when I came home they were gone. This year he called to tell me he was ready to start mowing and I told him I needed a few weeks to do some yard work and would call him when I was ready. Several weeks later when I finally needed him, he told me it wasn't worth coming my way to do my lawn since there wasn't enough business in my area. He didn't calland tell me this earlier. Now I'm in a bind with a lawn that needs cutting and nobody to do it. Sure would have appreciated a heads up sooner.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing and leaf removal..

Category lawn service

The reason for not doing the lawn in question anymore is, I would do the work requested and would take up to a month to get paid for the work,even though I would respond to a phone call and do what was ask. Owner seems to be gone every time I went out to do the lawn when requested and would not leave payment or when I left invoice would take up to 4 weeks to pay.The only reason for the lashing out was because this client was told could not continue service. I have monthly bills to pay too and need to be paid in the same month service is completed. I told this client that I could not continue service because I do not have other clients close to her.

08/23/2010

Imelda F.

It was a good experience. They were prompt and did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
DP Lawn Services mowed the lawn, planted some pansies and trimmed the bushes for me.