Westbrook Repair

Founded 1970 • With Angi since May 2011

8609 Rushbrook Dr

Knoxville, TN 37923

We are a small company with 8 employees and one secretary. We are state and county licensed, insured and bonded. I was born and raised in TN and have been in business for over 40 yrs. We are not the cheapest around nor the most expensive. We DO strive for QUALITY work and stand behind all we do. We are a one stop repair & remodeling service that does EVERYTHING regarding the structure of your home. We have the reputation for doing work at your home while you are not there. We work and lock up when we leave. In 40 years, we have never had one complaint regarding our honesty and security of your home!...

12/30/2018

Cynthia B.

We've used Westbrook Repair for several projects since buying our old house 2 years ago. We decided to have them do our new roof this year. Could not be happier! It involved taking down some old dormers and an old, non-functioning chimney, not an easy task! They even preserved the old chimney so we could use it as a memorial to our old house. Our work was done in a timely manner and they were there to address a few issues after. They are GAF certified which was one reason we chose them. Mr. Westbrook is a joy to know and work with and we would highly recommend!!

Description of Work
New roof involving taking down dormers, an old chimney and extending the deck roof.

12/30/2018

Cynthia B.

Description of Work
New roof involving taking down dormers, a chimney and extending the deck roof.

03/03/2015

Sharon D.

Even with the bad weather, they were out there fixing these pipes! I ran to the store and got back and had running water! I was without water for 8 days!! They were definitely a God send!! Thank you to Boma (who did the work), James and Terry!! Awesome guys to work with and will have them back out to do more!!

Description of Work
I had frozen then busted pipes. They had to dig under my house to get to them and replace them.

08/22/2014

Mike S.

James Westbrook and Terry Wilson do a fantastic job and attempt to quote jobs accurately from the start. I have worked with them on a several occasions prior to this, but have only recently found time to write a review. I will continue to use them for my maintenance and contracting needs. Thanks for your integrity and continued hard work.

Description of Work
Replacement of roof on 1600 SF ranch style house

Category decks, roofing

08/05/2014

Quent B.

Boma was terrific! I was very satisfied with the services.

Description of Work
They repaired a ceiling in the garage and bedroom.

Category drywall

06/30/2014

Dennis R.

The deck was done well, but subsequent projects were not done as well, e.g. rebuilt of front porch railing and stabilization of porch.

Description of Work
Rebuilt and extended deck to allow the construction of a sunroom on it. They used good materials, even using brass screws to attach components. Top boards were installed rough side up which made it susceptible to splinters, but overall the deck was satisfactory.

Category decks, remodeling

We received NO negative comments when we did the job. He communicated he was happy with the job when we finished - NEVER mentioning anything wrong or not happy with. All this for 14 months until I turned him over for collections because of non payment! This was the third time he used us - obviously happy with previous work or he would not have called the THIRD time! This is totally in retaliation of threatening to file a lien and law suit! I even saw him at a convenience store about 3 months ago where he told me he was "going to take care of what he owed me"! ANY problems or concerns SHOULD HAVE been brought to our attention 14 MONTHS ago when we did the work - not a negative comment on Angie's List in an OBVIOUS effort to now cause US problems!! I will have to give Mr. [removed member name] credit for ATTEMPTING to get me back for trying to collect!!!

04/03/2014

steve G.

Everything they done was right on and met or exceeded my expectations, as always!

Description of Work
I have used Westbrook repair now for roughly 10 years and had multiple decks built, painting done, sheet rock hung, office for my business built, Large two story out building built, new roof installed on my previous home and lots of other stuff. They have always been quick, on time and always did their work to meet or exceed my expectations. I will not call on anyone else to do any of my work.

Category decks, drywall, roofing, house painters

04/02/2014

Sharon D.

It was great! The guys were always very professional and on time. They had the work done in less than 3 days! And the house looks fantastic! We had a fire on our front porch that ran up the side of the house into the soffit/ceiling to the porch. It ruined a window, siding, soffit, some of the deck boards. I called Westbrook Repair after they were referred to me by my neighbor. They were punctual on coming out to look and take measurements. James also listened to me when I told him what I wanted. There are things we are already starting to do to the house, so I didn't want what was already there for the window and shutters and James got exactly what I wanted. They had a quote for me to submit to the insurance company and as soon as I got the money, we got to work! Because of the winter storm our window was taking a little longer, but as soon as the window came in they were here doing the work. They even added some insulation for me at a very low price! I only had to pay for the insulation and time for Josh to do it. This wasn't a big job, but it was to me and I love my house again! We have other stuff that needs to be done, and I WILL be calling on James and his crew to do the work!!

Description of Work
Replaced siding, soffit, window on front porch after a fire.

03/28/2014

Lola A.

The door has fallen off. The wood he used was scrap wood and looks horrible. The shelf slants downward. I would be happy to show photos of his work to anyone who would like to see them. The cost of service was determined after I complained that he charged me for the time his workers stood around talking and he adjusted the bill. The bill was then cut in half again when I complained about how bad the work was. It is not a true representation of what he originally charged me.

Description of Work
He hung a laundry room door. Put two pieces of wood up so I could make a shelf by laying a piece of glass on them. He hung a shelf

Category decks

WE did do work for this woman. We will NOT work for her again. She was president of her home owners association and we were forced to deal with her. MANY neighbors warned us about her and I gave her the benefit of doubt. I was mistaken. I have since resigned from doing ANY work for the association as long as she is in charge. We continue to do a good bit of work for her neighbors though! She maintains several dogs in her house and it is NASTY!! My men did not want to return to the filth and I did not charge her for a large portion of invoiced amount. I can give you HUNDREDS of names/numbers of customers who are "normal" and who only have POSITIVE things to say about us. I am sure you know people that even GOD could not make happy. This is one of those persons!!!

08/19/2013

Nancy B.

They came highly recommended by friends who had similar repair and renovation projects. Mr. Westbrook responded immediately to my call and the same week met me at the Home Depot to pick out appliances and materials. The workers started the next week and worked regularly to complete the job in over one month. All the workers were a delight to work with and very responsive (especially when I kept finding additional tasks that needed doing). Both Mr. Westbrook and his workers often made suggestions that enhanced and improved the renovation and repairs. Mr. Westbrook also worked on some projects and stopped by from time to time to inspect the work to ensure that I was satisfied. They were all very professional and left the work area cleaned up, vacuumed and swept each day that they worked. I would not hesitate to hire them again and am ready to start a new list of tasks for them to work on next year.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen. Installed new counters, new range, new dishwasher. Modified cabinets to allow their installation of a microwave above range. Installed wooden bar between kitchen and living area. Installed new lighting fixtures throughout the house and outside (motion detectors). Painted living room, hall, kitchen, bedroom and bath. Replaced bathroom faucet. Fixed ceiling stain from earlier leakage. Installed vertical blinds on two large sliding glass door windows. Cleaned gutters and pressure washed gutter guards. Cleaned out water fountain in the yard. Additional small repair tasks were also completed.

Category countertops, gutter cleaning, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/11/2013

Timothy W.

My overall experiance was very good with this contractor. Very profesonal and time sinsitive. I purchased a house that needed allot of repairs and had three weeks to move in to avoid paying anouther months rent. Westbrook Construction made it happen without a hassle. He was always on time explained all the work and made recomendations for anything I had to order so I was geting the most for my money.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bathroom New roof Sheetrock repair Kitchen counter install Window install Garage door install New gutters Sideing repair

05/16/2011

Diane Y.

I was satisfied with the quote and I am satisfied so far with the people that are here doing the work. They showed up early one day and a little bit later the next day but that did not lead to any problems.

Description of Work
Westbrook Repair & Remodeling gave us an estimate for building a deck around our swimming pool. We gave them the contract and they are doing the work now.

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders specializes in custom Decks, Screen Rooms, Arbors, Docks, Under Deck dry ceilings, and Gazebos. Unlike a majority of companies offering deck services, we focus our business around our outdoor structures only, allowing us to perfect our trade with consistency, speed and efficiency. How can you be the greatest at what you do when you attempt several trades? We build beautiful outdoor structures 50 weeks a year, 5 days a week. Why only 5 days a week? How can you be passionate about your work without a personal life, without time for family? We do not expect you to believe in us, we expect you to believe real people in your community. Check out our reviews! Smoky Mountain Deck Builders

Offers by Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC on Angi
    The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Air conditioners, cabinets, ceiling fan, decks, doors, electric, fencing, flooring, gutter cleaning, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, landscaping, painting - interior & exterior, pressure washing, plumbing, roofing & tile. we do EVERYTHING for the home!!!