Unique Construction Services

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2011

111 Center Park Drive #130

Knoxville, TN 37922

Unique Construction Services works with a broad range of small to medium size construction projects in the Knoxville Area. We have the experience and workmanship that continues to satisfy our customers....

07/09/2019

Cory B.

I paid the bill of $2000 for dirt work and sod but they did not complete the project. If you note the picture the dirt should have been removed down to the blue line in the hole but it was not. They were shown that the work was incomplete and refused to finish because their subcontractor told them he was done.

Description of Work
Landscaping and dirt work

Category outdoor lighting

04/11/2019

Rob M.

I came across Unique Construction Services UCS while searching for a local company to take on these repairs as soon as possible. For starters, UCS customer service was absolutely amazing, they were able to get a tech out that same evening to further look over the damages and within 48 hours I was given an excellent cost to repair. They were able to have repairs underway quickly and were complete within a matter of days despite the severe weather. The techs that completed the work were given very high praise from the manager of the store and are very pleased with the repairs, as well as the Corp heads funding the repairs. I will certainly be using UCS in the future and HIGHLY recommend Unique Construction Services to anyone out there needing construction work done.

Description of Work
A vehicle crashed into a commercial building and did a fair amount of damage to the entire storefront and brick work

Category glass repair, gutter repair, masonry

03/17/2019

Rusty W.

Very happy with the quality, professionalism and responsiveness of Unique Construction. So glad we found them. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Carpentry, hot water heater replacement, drywall repair

Category drywall, gutter repair, water heater repair, woodworking, interior painters

07/19/2018

Lynn W.

It took six weeks and 5 different workers on five occasions to fix what their first guy did. There was one full but small bath and the half bath. The first guy worked ten hours. There were places where the sub flooring was not nailed down to the wood that braced up the floor. There were places that were not the same height. There were gaps between pieces of the sub flooring. When they finally thought they were done I had to call them to come back again to extend the overflow hose into the heater pan so should the heater leak, the water would go through the hose and not flood the floor and rot the sub floor. The owner tried to get more money to do this even though it was part of the job. They put dirty hands all over my recently painted walls. They did not put up a plastic to contain the dust. It’s like they really had no clue what they were doing. If you see them coming, lock your doors and hide!

Description of Work
Contractor just needed to do sub flooring so the flooring people could then put in a new floor in both bathrooms.

Category woodworking

06/26/2018

Bobbye B.

Not well. Owner was well spoken, went over entire plan for work, seemed cordial, polite and seemed to know what he was doing. Paid an upfront fee for work to begin and I never saw this guy again. He sent people over who had no clue what they were supposed to be there for, nor were they capable of doing the work as it should be done. Was never able to get the owner on the phone again and eventually gave up. Complaining was futile. He sent an older man to paint a hallway and small bath. It took him over a day to do this and there was paint on ceilings and no straight lines cutting in from walls to ceiling. This was a frustrating company and I would never recommend them.

Description of Work
Reconstruction from leak - painting, moving furniture, electrical, insulation,etc.

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. You are welcome to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to make you happy. We have full time office staff to answer phones and respond to any concerns immediately. I apologize if you had trouble getting a hold of anyone. Our number is 277-6808

06/11/2018

Graham C.

The work from UCS is substandard. I will not hire them again. I will hire someone to fix or finish the work they are leaving behind. UCS has committed to jobs they have no experience doing. The work has been shoddy and rushed. We replaced our cedar siding and some of the work has had to be redone. There are nails all through the shingles and the lines are staggered. If we were not painting, they would all have to be redone. Also, they'll leave without being able to tie them into the corners of the house. The trim work has also had to be redone and we'll likely have to do some of it our selves.

Description of Work
Cedar Siding, Facia, Soffit, back door replacement, storage room doors...

Category gutter repair, siding, woodworking, doors

05/23/2018

Pat S.

This is an addendum to my original post - I am now including photographs to show that the gutter was put on top of an area that would never be able to hold up guttering - or anything else. The fascia board, behind the guttering was split and not capable of holding anything. A long time ago, Kyle told me that he would do the job and charge me $600 - if there was nothing wrong behind the guttering; and, if there was, he would not charge me. I do not gamble, but I do know and speak the truth. I was right, Kyle was wrong. Do not hire this company - ever!!!

Description of Work
addendum to gutter replacement

11/15/2017

Joanne H.

One of the owners came to give an estimate, turned up on time and gave us the estimate on the spot. An excellent job - just one guy managed to do most of it in a day. he had to return to finish off the electrical work the following morning. A very pleasant and professional company to deal with. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
A floor in the barn needed to be pulled up and replaced; some minor electrical work in the barn (adding some switches)

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling

So glad you were pleased with Mark! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you! We look to working with you in the future!

09/20/2017

jean D.

Mark and Mary were great to work with and so helpful in making sure things were taken care of. Excellent work!

Description of Work
Cedar sided home to be re-stained. Gutter cleaning and re-roofing two small bay windows with metal roofing.

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

07/17/2017

Cheryl F.

We asked for an estimate for gutter guards to be installed. The estimate was promptly received via email but it wasn't for our address. They gave a price based on a home via satellite imagery. Based on the price, we knew it wasn't our property. After we let them know, a representative came out and spoke to us and gave us another price based on a specific kind of gutter guard. The day the work was scheduled, we were told someone would be here at 8:30am. At 10:30 we hadn't heard anything so I called and was told they were on their way. One worker showed up and the gutter guard he had wasn't what we discussed. He left to get the right kind, but came back with the wrong product again. By that time, it was late in the day and there was no way 1 person could do the job that day so he left. The guy they sent had no idea what was being installed or how to install it. Not very reassuring and that should have been our first red flag. A week later, 2 guys show up, again, with the wrong product. It was the correct type, but the wrong size. But they did return the same day with the right size and admitted they had never seen it before or installed it. Red flag number 2. But we let them continue. They installed it but it looks terrible. The way they attached it has a very uneven look. There are also gaps in some of the pieces and after a rain we had this weekend, leaves and other tree trash went through the gaps. Now my husband will have to re-do most of the work.

Description of Work
Gutter guard installation.

06/26/2017

luke A.

Person showed up and was mad they had to go through our guard shack and left without meeting. Very unprofessional

Description of Work
Drywall, replace drywall from leaking ac unit

Category drywall, gutter repair

I'm sorry to hear you were not able to receive an estimate from our company. I'm not sure what happened but if granted the opportunity we can make it right!

05/14/2017

Benji G.

Levi showed up 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Turned out to be a fellow relocated Cajun! He took an assessment of what was needed and got to work right away. Also gave some very important feedback on how to achieve what we were wanting. Very professional, very hardworking and knowledgeable. From scheduling to completion I am very happy and satisfied. Definite recommend!

Description of Work
Plank wall installed on either side of fire place. Above fireplace TV mount. Cable and electrical recessed outlet.

Category handyman service, woodworking

[Member Name Removed], So glad you were pleased with Levi! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you! We look to working with you in the future!

03/20/2017

Ken P.

Good - some dust from mortar afterwards, but it fades with time.

Description of Work
brickwork at steps

Category handyman service

Thank you for the opportunity and Review!

03/02/2017

Eric F.

They were professional and courteous but I chose to go another route due to their repair process.

Description of Work
I just got an estimate from them to re-do my deck and my screened-in porch but I didn't use them

Category decks

Thank you for the opportunity!

02/09/2017

Fusako L.

Nobody called back to reschedule, which is fine by me.

Description of Work
We had a noon appointment scheduled on 2/6/17 for a bathroom remodel estimate and a guy called at 11 am. I asked if he could come back at noon and he said I had to reschedule since he was booked. He was rude on the phone to me, making it sound like it was my fault that he came to my house at the wrong time.

Category home remodeling

I'm sorry we missed the opportunity to work with you!

02/07/2017

Randy S.

I specifically told the company that I have a two story home and that I wanted the roof blown off. The young man showed up with one ladder and a broom, no blower and no way to reach the second level. He came back the next day. He did clean the roof and gutters but left the debris off the roof on my deck and sidewalks.

Description of Work
Blow off roof clean out gutters.

Category gutter repair

I'm so sorry to hear this is the experience you received with our company, sounds like there was a little miscommunication. I would love to make it right if you would give us that opportunity.

01/10/2017

Jane B.

This is the third time I've used this company in recent months, and it's clear that there is a pattern of outstanding service. Like the other two employees, Jennifer was right on time, rolled up her sleeves, and worked quickly and efficiently to paint an entire bedroom--ceiling, walls, and trim--in a single day. The high quality of her work and attention to detail mirrored the type of support I've received from the other two employees of this company. This is hands down the best handyman company in the region. The quality of service and the value you get from this company is amazing.

Description of Work
Painted a bedroom

Category handyman service, house painters

12/23/2016

Pamela S.

It went fine. They were good. He did a great job. I didn't pay anything extra. I would say they were excellent. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Unique Construction Services for handymen service. We had a dividing door that we needed to fix. It was just cringing on very nice. He did it in November.

12/16/2016

Jane B.

This is the second time we've used this company, and we couldn't be more pleased. Once again the company sent us a seasoned, highly proficient handyman with extensive experience. Ben did a complete and careful makeover of our kitchen cabinets, taking them apart, painting them, and putting them back together with new hardware. This company is extremely responsive--they line you up with a good handyman quickly--and by using such experienced employees, the work they perform is high quality and an excellent value. Our old cabinets looked like new when Ben was finished.

Description of Work
Painted cabinets

Category handyman service, home remodeling

12/06/2016

Terry A.

Great! He was on time, and fixed our doors in 3 hours.

Description of Work
The worker that came to our house was excellent, he adjusted both of our front doors so they shut properly, and also fixed our bathroom door, as it wouldn't shut correctly. Thanks for a job well done!

Category doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We hope to business with you again!!

12/02/2016

David C.

The work went very well. Scott worked very hard in difficult conditions. The repairs required taking an extension ladder into the attic to reach the upper areas of the roof gables. The attic has two levels and the ladder had to be taken apart to get it to the second level through an existing access port, then re-assembled to accomplish the tasks. He was creative and worked with me very well to determine how to make the repairs once we knew what the actual situation was. The other repairs were more straight-forward, but they were all done well. I plan to bring them back to work on my deck in the spring.

Description of Work
1. Repairs to Sheetrock in attic space; part of our fire wall system between condominium units. 2. Repairs to insulation on underside of the main floor in a crawl space and assessing conditions. 3. Switching our disposal and drain basins in our kitchen sink. 4. Sheet rock and textured ceiling repairs. 5. Painting exterior utility boxes. 6. Installing a wall-mounted TV and cable box support shelf. 7. taking pictures of conditions in attic and crawl spaces for me. 8. Repairing a broken light fixture in our kitchen ceiling.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you!

11/29/2016

Jane B.

James was amazing; he was courteous, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. The company was very responsive and had him out to my house very quickly after my Angie's List purchase, and he did all of this work in a single day (subfloor repair and laying and grouting new tile in a bathroom). The new floor looks fantastic. This was an outstanding deal, with significant cost and time savings.

Description of Work
Patch a section of subflooring and lay new tile in a bathroom.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I'm so glad we have been able to help you and your family prep the house for sale!

09/19/2016

Linda S.

Everything went well and again I am pleased with their services and will use them again.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous handyman services. I have used their services before and am quite pleased with their work. Jennifer does a great job.

Category handyman service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

03/26/2016

James W.

The handyman showed on time, was very polite and professional, and got the job done beautifully. It didn't take the full two hours so he asked if there was anything else he could do. He then installed the numbers on the brick outside our garage. Looks great! I would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
We got the 2 hour Handyman special to get some trim finished in the bathroom we recently remodeled.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience with Unique Construction. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

03/05/2016

Lynn T.

The Hohman brothers and the people who came to perform the work were pleasant, professional, and competent. Most reviews on Angie's List for this company seemed to be for minor handyman-type work so we were somewhat apprehensive to have them do fairly major work on the exterior of our house (siding, painting, masonry). However, we weren't disappointed. We have had continuing problems with stonework falling off our house and the masonry people they sent seemed to have finally addressed the problem, although time will tell. We would definitely use this company again and will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Removed, replaced, and then painted exterior cedar siding on the front of the house. Detached and reset fieldstone falling off of our house. Replaced the a damaged frame around an exterior door.

Category handyman service, masonry, siding, house painters

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! I'm so glad you were pleased with the work we did for you on your home and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders specializes in custom Decks, Screen Rooms, Arbors, Docks, Under Deck dry ceilings, and Gazebos. Unlike a majority of companies offering deck services, we focus our business around our outdoor structures only, allowing us to perfect our trade with consistency, speed and efficiency. How can you be the greatest at what you do when you attempt several trades? We build beautiful outdoor structures 50 weeks a year, 5 days a week. Why only 5 days a week? How can you be passionate about your work without a personal life, without time for family? We do not expect you to believe in us, we expect you to believe real people in your community. Check out our reviews! Smoky Mountain Deck Builders

Offers by Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC on Angi
    The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Tennessee
    TN Board for Licensed Contractors
    05/15/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We provided the services: Additions, Attic Renovation, Bathroom Remodels, Carpentry, Concrete & Masonry, Condo Remodel, Decks & Porches, Design & Build, Drywall & Repairs, Shutters & Windows, Kitchen Remodeling, Painting, and Other Handyman and Construction Services