THE OTHER SIDE LAWN SERVICE

Knoxville, TN 37912

lawn maintenance...

09/30/2019

John S.

They were good people, they have done a fine job, reliable and very thorough.

Description of Work
They cut grass. Lawn maintenance.

05/30/2017

John S.

We?re very pleased with him, so he is fine. How long it takes depends on how much we have to do, and how much we feel like paying for it.

Description of Work
They did a lot of pruning. We use them all the time for mowing and this & that.

Category tree service

03/04/2017

JIM S.

Jason and his associate were very nice as usual and they did a very good job. We will have them back again at the end of the year for some weeding and yard clean up. They do a great job. We have used their service for 3 or 4 years now.

Description of Work
Delivered 5 yards of dark brown mulch for our front and back yards and spread the mulch. When finished they cleaned up and hauled away a very large pile and area of debris in our back yard.

03/04/2017

JIM S.

Jason and his associate did a great job as usual. We use them twice a year in the spring for cleanup and mulch and in the fall for cleanup and leaves.

Description of Work
Brought 3 yards of mulch for my back yard and spread it. Spent 2 hours weeding out our back yard first. We have several landscaped areas.

08/31/2015

ELIZABETH L.

Picture perfect front lawn. Tidy back yard.

Description of Work
Over several visits, hand weeded a messy bank of ivy and several beds, established neat borders for plants, pruned lots of bushes, mulched, trimmed low tree branches, mowed front and back yards (twice). edged both with a weed eater. Researched environmentally appropriate ways to kill some pests. Cut down overgrown plants. Hours and hours of work, much of it by hand.

08/19/2015

JIM S.

We have used their service many times now and they are very hard workers. They are quick and efficient and are extremely nice people. Jason the owner and his people are A1 in our book and we will use them several times a year for general yard work and clean up.

Description of Work
Got rid of the many leaves in our back yard and weeded out all of our many landscaped areas in the yard.

06/09/2015

JIM S.

It went wonderful, very nice and personable. They work hard and do great work. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I hired them to deliver the mulch and spread it for me.

04/14/2015

Ann B.

They were great. They were on time, and one of the nicest companies I found on Angie's List.

Description of Work
They picked shrubs and hauled it all away.

07/17/2014

Suzanne K P.

Jason and the guys were great. They spent two days working on our property and left it looking really neat and clean. They cut sod to enlarge the edges of the back yard, laid mulch, and also worked one entire day trimming bushes and weeding overgrown areas. They were hardworking and really did a wonderful job. By the time they left, the yard looked really good. We will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed all the bushes, cleaned out the beds, cut a new edge and mulched the beds.

06/05/2014

Robert P.

The two of them were not observant of the trees branches that needed to be cut off; furthermore, it was like watching two people in slow motion. **Important! A week after the clean-up there were more limbs, leaves, tree seeds, and rocks and other they did not bother to rake; but, did they have a rake? I expected a great job done as with other companies from Angie's List I've hired did remarkable work; and too, very professional. This was a big "0" company, and should have complained and gotten a refund. THESE GUYS ARE NOT WHO YOU WANT TO CLEAR OUT DEBRIS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE. Note: I was confident it would be a great job and only went out once, and then one guy rang my doorbell and said four hours are up. Like I said earlier, these guys did not, or did a slow, if not lazy, crappy work. I could have hired a kid to do the work as he would have done a much better job. The four hours they were here was long enough to do the best job in clearing my yard and observing dead branches on the trees. This is it. Their work was the worse. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS COMPANY IN , OR ON YOUR PROPERTY period. I'm very disappointed with Angie's List too. R

Description of Work
They had very few tools for the job, limbs on the trees were yanked, and, or twisted off. Did not go to front yard at all. It was not worth $99.00.

05/14/2014

JIM S.

They did a great job spreading the mulch on both occasions and cleaned up my sidewalks and other areas before they left. At no charge they dug out a very large yuka plant that we wanted to get rid of out front near our mail box. This is the 3rd time in about two months that we have used Jason and his lawn service and they are very friendly and do a terrific job! I recommend them for any lawn care job large or small. They are the best!

Description of Work
Two men came and brought me 3 yards of the nicer brown mulch and spread it in my back yard in several of our landscaped areas and then since they did such a good job I called them again and had them bring me more of the same mulch and spread it in my front and side yards.

04/15/2014

Penny K.

Jason made every effort to accommodate my schedule and the special need I had for services before entertaining 18 children and 24 adults for my annual Palm Sunday weekend Easter Egg Hunt. They did a great job, on time and within budget. Left the place looking immaculate.

Description of Work
Tried this company thru the Angies List special price ad. I could not have been happier with the service and with Jason and his team.

04/15/2014

Lee Anne D.

They were on time and did exactly what I asked. I am satisfied and will call again.

Description of Work
cleaned debris in my yard, cut back a few limbs

04/12/2014

Mitchell B.

This was a gift for an elderly neighbor who isn't able to do this kind of work any longer, so I was not there when all the work was being performed. Two men came and, while one picked up several baskets of dead limbs that had fallen from her trees, the other one began raking up the pine needles and cones from under the pine trees; later the first one joined in the raking. They were unable to finish the project in the allotted time, so I paid them to come back the next day and finish the job at a reasonable $35 an hour. I was not present during their second visit, but my neighbor expressed herself well satisfied with the work they got done and was happy to have it accomplished. She has several very large pine trees, so this was not an easy task.

Description of Work
Raked up lots of pine cones and pine needles, then placed them around the blueberry bushes in the yard. Picked up many dead branches that had fallen from the trees during the winter. Mulched blueberry bushes with the raked-up pine needles and cones.

04/09/2014

Bobbye B.

Jason arrived on time with another fellow. He explained that the four hours was now two hours since there were two men working. I asked that he trim the six pampas grass plants on the front hill and get rid of the leaves in the back yard. After the two hours, they had trimmed five of the pampas plants. I'm not sure if they didn't know how to do it, or didn't have the right equipment, but it seemed to take a long time. Jason came to the door and explained that to finish the last pampas and get rid of the leaves would probably take another half hour. Again, since there were two of them it would be at the normal rate of $35.00 an hour each. I had already paid Angies List $99.00 for 4 hours of yard work, so I agreed since I needed to have it finished. They finished the pampas and blew the leaves into the woods in said 30 minutes. Cutting of the pampas resulted in quite a mess. Since my groundcover is pine straw all the pieces were mixed and they weren't able to clean it up. I think they did the best they could, but in my opinion, it wasn't professional. I think if the pampas had been tied and cut with a chainsaw it wouldn't have made such a mess and would have only taken a short time. I don't really feel like I got $170.00 worth of yard work done.

Description of Work
Trimmed six pampas grass plants and blew leaves into the woods.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your review. I am sorry we could not meet your expectations. A close look at the 4 hour special deal offered on craiglist does explain that it was 4 man hours or ( 1 man for 4 hours or 2 men for 2 hours) As far as the 6 large pampas grass that filled a huge trailer of which was hauled away at no charge, I can honestly say it was one of the toughest jobs in the most dangerous conditions on a slippery mountain side that I have tackled in the last 10 years.

04/09/2014

JIM S.

These guys worked for two hours and were very professional and did a great job. Everything we needed done to get ready for summer planting and new mulching was done to perfection. They were very nice, quick, and thorough. We hired them to come back soon with new mulch for our landscaping beds in our yard. Their price for the new mulch was much better than any other estimates we received and they will also spread the mulch for this price. Nice people and great service!

Description of Work
Two men cleaned up all of the leaves ,sticks, fallen tree limbs, and cleaned out all of our flower beds and mulched areas.

Category lawn service, mulch

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations!

04/05/2014

Carol B.

All went well. Jason was able to perform all requested services.

Description of Work
Cleaned out gutters, cleaned out beds, hauled leaves and sticks to wooded area, took down some ivy off trees, cut up small fallen tree, blew off remaining debris.

Category lawn service

Thank You for your review. We look forward to working with you in the future.

03/21/2014

Mark N.

I contacted Mr. Elgin via email before purchasing the deal and he was able to schedule the job within two days. Mr. Elgin and his crew were at my house right on time. The work involved removing a large amount of brush and vine, raking and removing piles leaves and weeding flowerbeds. I left the crew to work in the morning and when I returned home in the afternoon, the work was completed and done as agreed, no complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
Angie's List $99 for 4 Hours of Spring Yard Clean-Up deal.

Category lawn service

Thanks [removed member name]! glad we could be of assistance. Really appreciate the work.

11/25/2013

daniel F.

We called "The Other Side Lawn Service" and spoke to Jason, explaning that we intended to be at the house for thanks giving and also requested a quote for on going maintenance. Jason went to the house and gave us a quote the next day. His prices were very reasonable and his work meets our expectations. Great Job Jason!

Description of Work
Recovered yard and two large heges that had been neglected for months.

Category lawn service

[member name removed], thank you for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to working with you in the future!

08/20/2013

Doyle S.

Jason is very professional and he and his assistant did a wonderful job. They work very hard and very quickly and provided wonderful service. Would highly recommend and will continue to use them for my lawn care. Reasonably priced and good service.

Description of Work
Mowed grass, trimmed, raked, and blew debris to end of property. Located yellow-jacket hive during estimate and provided spray to destroy the nest.

07/29/2013

shannon S.

Jason is amazing. His work is excellent and he is always ready to work with me to maintain my property which I can no longer do myself.

Description of Work
has been doing lawn for three years....

06/10/2013

Peggy B.

Jason and his crew do a very professional and timely job. They mowed and trimmed the lawn, but I'm sure they do lots more than that. We were very happy with their work. The first day they came by, and by the time we realized they were here, they had already started working. The lawn and trimming was done in what seemed to be a very short time and it looked great. We would recommend them to anyone. As far as pricing, I feel sure it depends on what you are asking them to do over their standard pricing. If you want detailed work done it might cost more. I would just ask before having work done - as anyone should do. We feel that Jason and his crew did a great job! We are so grateful we found someone to trust and depend on. Wanted to update. It is now August of 2015 and Jason is still our "go to man" for our yard work. He runs a very profession and efficient business and we are so grateful to him for the good work. Due to health problems we cannot do the work ourselves as we used to. We depend on him and his crew members for all that work.

Description of Work
Lawn services

05/22/2012

Matthew M.

They do great work. They are very reliable and very professional.

Description of Work
I use The Other Side Lawn Service for lawn and yard work. I have got them on a bi-weekly schedule. They mow my lawn and trim around the fence.

05/17/2011

William M.

I've used them for the last 4-5 years. The yard always looks excellent when they're finished. Jason is friendly and very accomodating. My price went up from $45 to $50 this year due to high gas prices, which I understand.

Description of Work
They mow, weedeat, and use a leafblower so there are no clumps of grass lying around.

05/09/2009

M P S.

Does good work. Very friendly and responsive. Bills monthly.

Description of Work
Mows our lawn.