Scott’s Plumbing Company Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since August 2006

1924 Dutch Valley Dr Ste 5

Knoxville, TN 37918

Family owned & operated. Rated "Best of the Best" by CITYVIEW Magazine for 2014 and 2015....

07/26/2018

David S.

Took 7-9 hours, Schedule 80 parts and a $650 storage tank that didn't work. Should have put a 1in meter and water line from the street. Waste of $2,500.

Description of Work
Installed sprinkler system lacked pressure. Up 150 feet with a 500 foot driveway.

Category irrigation systems, plumbing

12/11/2017

BONITA H.

Arrived promptly and did the work in a reasonable amount of time. Guys were very personable and I feel I was charged a fair price.

Description of Work
New kitchen faucet installed

11/08/2017

Kenneth S.

Needed Well Pump adjusted also but he didn't know how to work on it?

Description of Work
Replaced wax setting seal.

10/16/2017

Ray H.

Response was fast. Work crew was very careful and professional. Utility room floor was nicely patched with smoothed concrete; I only had to replace about 6 tiles for a like-new appearance. later Job took about 6 or 7 hrs, start to finish. No leaks, and water pressure about 5 psi higher than before the break, probably due to smooth new pipe interior. EXCELLENT alternative to digging up concrete slab and interior flooring across half the house, and much cheaper to boot. Also, if PEX pipe should ever fail (unlikely), it can be pulled from the protective plastic conduit and replaced by a new one, with no excavation. Definitely would use this approach again.

Description of Work
House is built on a slab. Ancient steel water line from street meter broke under the slab, verified by American Leak Detection. Huge water bill was the tip-off, since we still had water to the house. Scott's responded quickly with same day assessment of problem and likely solution, a written cost estimate, and began work following day. They arranged for a specialized boring team to drill under the slab, avoiding the sewer lines and other sub-slab conduits, and surfacing in my utility room, roughly in the center of the house. Total floor excavation in-house was only 2 ft x 2 ft, inside the utility room Flex plastic conduit was inserted into bored hole, and then a flex PEX water line was connected to the in-house water supply line and the external water meter using special adapters.

Category excavators, plumbing

10/12/2017

John D.

Don't hire this plumber! They made me wait around all day. I called twice to remind them. No show. So unless you enjoy total scheduling incompetence, avoid this plumber at all cost.

Description of Work
Repair toilet

Category plumbing

Our plumber called to inform you of his arrival time and you cancelled your appointment. I'm sorry we did not arrive earlier. You requested an afternoon call and were just as important as any other customer of ours. As explained to you, the only call of the day that is guaranteed is an 8:00 a.m. call, all others are first come, first served basis. As the plumber attempted to explain to you, before your colorful language and you hanging up on him, that he was running late. I understand that the plumber called you back and still offered to come take care of your issue, to which you added some more colorful language and still denied service. Rather than filing complaints on social media, I believe your time would be better spent apologizing to the young, hard working man who attempted to help you, even after you cursed him and hung up on him.

07/31/2017

Kathy P.

We did just have some plumbing work done, it was very good. It's an older home, and it was in kinda bad shape. They replaced the line, they had to watch for some of the other utility line and stuff they did an excellent job, I am very pleased with everything. Had them do some cleaning out drain lines too, snake out the drains a little. So, I'm very pleased with everything they did. It was an expensive job, but it was reasonable compared to other estimate I'd had, and they were right here when they were supposed to be. Anything else I can tell ya? I did get estimates and everything, and I looked around. It's an expensive thing to have done but they were reasonable.

Description of Work
They replaced the line from the city line to the house.

06/06/2017

Pam K.

He came out to house. Found the problem in a lighted camera. But charged me 1,000 dollars. All plumbers I've spoke too since said he played me and ripped me off. I should have paid 350.

Description of Work
I had a clogged drain from a washcloth.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

I am sorry you are dissatisfied with your experience. Our records show that our technician came to your home for an after-hours emergency call (invoice #09995-2016, dated 1/16/2016) on a Saturday. On this detailed invoice, you were billed a $95 service call fee, a flat rate $200 camera fee (which the technician located other stoppages with), a flat rate $45 sewer machine fee (which he cleared the stoppages with), $9.50 for a new toilet supply line, and 5.5 hours of labor figured at the $110/hour emergency rate which comes to $605. The total for this invoice is $954.50. This invoice is signed by Kurt [Member Name Removed]. Right below the line where he signed, the invoice reads "I hereby acknowledge the satisfactory completion of the above described work. I have read and accept the payment terms." This invoice was paid in full the following Monday (1/18/2016). Scott's Plumbing Company has been in business for 40 years and we have not done so by "playing" people or "ripping them off". Once again, we are sorry you are unhappy with the service you received, but next time we would appreciate a phone call to see if we can come to a better resolution instead of a bad review on a third party website a year and five months later.

04/10/2017

Charles D.

Quick and professional. looked much better than the original work and no leaks.

Description of Work
Replaced cut off valves and drain piping under a bathroom sink.

09/23/2016

Lisa K.

Dennis and Jason arrived right on schedule and diagnosed the problem quickly. They had the drain cleared in a very short time. From the very nice lady I spoke with at their office to the two gentleman that fixed our drain, everyone was professional. I wish I could give an A+.

Description of Work
Drain in basement backing up.

07/16/2016

Robert N.

Took a long time. Cost was way over estimate. Charged extra due to an apprentice plumber being on the job also. Company did provide a partial refund after complaining.

Description of Work
We had a gas line installed into our kitchen

03/21/2016

Thomas W.

I called Scott's with water leaking into my foundation. They responded immediately and quoted me a price range. This entailed them digging up a 15-18 foot holly tree, digging down to the pipe. Repairing the pipe, back-filling and testing. It was all done the same day. Even though heavy equipment was required, they left my yard in relatively good condition. The final price was within the quoted range and everyone was very courteous and professional. I have used Scott's in the past and am always pleased with their work, professionalism and reasonable price!

Description of Work
Repaired water supply to house

02/08/2016

Mary T.

Went great! My husband discovered leak--water dripping through ceiling of laundry room--right before the Super Bowl started. We turned off all water in the house. Had not used Scott's Plumbing before but had heard they were good. Left message on Scott's Plumbing voicemail that we needed help first thing Monday morning. Their phone message gave names and numbers for emergency repair, but we wanted to wait until Monday morning to avoid emergency service fees. Scott's called back around 7:30 am Monday morning and said they could send someone out first thing. Great guy named Dennis took one look through the hole I had cut out of the soaked ceiling in laundry room and identified the problem as a leaky toilet seal on toilet in above kitchen's half-bath. He quickly fixed the seal and--since I said the toilet had been running--the flapper. I had bought new covers for fixtures on the master bath shower in preparation for the next plumber visit and asked if he would have time to change these. He quickly and efficiently did this job as well. So: both emergency and routine plumbing problems were resolved--big relief!--enhanced my lingering delight that the Broncs won the Super Bowl.

Description of Work
Diagnosed the source of the water that had leaked from upper floor into basement as a worn seal for upstairs toilet. Changed flapper in toilet because I told him it had been running, Helped me with remodeling of another bathroom by installing a new cover for the shower fixture as well as new gooseneck and showerhead.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

10/15/2015

Stephen V.

Could not have asked for better service. They gave me a courtesy call 30 min before arriving so I could leave work instead of sitting around waiting all morning. All costs were explained upfront over the phone and the repairman talked me through the issue and answered all my questions. Highly recommend! They will be my first call for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Fixed a bad install of a garbage disposal from a previous property manager.

09/29/2015

jim M.

It took 2 business days to get an appointment. They installed a cartridge backward & had to come out for second visit to repair. Tech left grease smudges on shower & curtain plus dirt and a little water on floor.

Description of Work
Repaired shower facet

09/05/2015

Tim & Christine B.

Excellent service. Called the morning they were to do the work to confirm the appointment and showed up on time, maybe a few minutes early. Introduced themselves (there were 2 plumbers) to me and confirmed the work to be done as I requested. No surprises, no gimmicks just straightforward and honest. Very professional in their manner and very courteous to me Maybe not the cheapest plumber around but I prefer quality and honesty above price when making a decision on a service provider. As long as the price is reasonable I'm okay with that.

Description of Work
Replaced garbage disposal with a new unit, installed new wax seals for two toilets and replaced a fill valve for one toilet.

08/03/2015

Allan B.

Both kitchen sinks were backed up and we had guests staying in the home. They responded within 3 hours and called when they were on their way. They fixed the clog pipes within 45 minutes and were very professional. Cleaned up the slight mess made during the work. Price was very reasonable. Will use them again.

Description of Work
Cleared clogged drain pipes in kitchen.

07/07/2015

Annette J.

Installation of shower trim kit went smooth for the most part. Needed a cartridge different from the one purchased with the kit. Plumber did not stock on truck, so had to go and purchase one on the clock. Toliet was fixed without problem. One plumber and an apprentice showed up for the job which was fine, but I did not know I would be paying extra for the apprentice. I was charged an additional $20.00 an hour for the apprentice's work which worked out to be about the same as if the one plumber fixed both the shower and toilet. They were prompt, professional and did good work. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Installed new trim kit for shower and fixed toliet.

05/14/2015

Sandra W.

Everything went very well. The work was professional, and the quoted cost was the actual cost. I had a question about the bathroom faucet after the water was turned back on, and the technician met me at the house to solve the problem. Everyone has been very professional and nice. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced water line

Category plumbing

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. We appreciate the complimentary response. Scott robinson

04/13/2015

cheri M.

We talked to three plumbing companies from Angie's List. They all came out and were professional. punctual and personable. The first one gave us a very high price, shined a flashlight into the crawl space and required that we have a crawl space cleaner come first. The second one was very good and very nice. Shined a flashlight into the crawl space and came up with a good idea how to proceed by-passing the crawl space. We liked him and would have chosen him. We had made one more appointment and to be fair we kept it. This company was Scott's and they sent Anthony Kennedy and Phillip (sorry, didn't get his last name). These guys stayed in the crawl space until they actually found out what the real problem was, came up with what we thought was a brilliant scheme to fix it and gave us a very reasonable price. Came back on time the next day and while fixing it, of course, had unexpected problems, surmounted them and didn't charge any extra. They were a good team who explained what they were doing every step of the way. My husband and I like to know exactly what is going on and they seemed to enjoy telling it. The finished job has an elegancy about it and the sinks have been working beautifully ever since.

Description of Work
Redid an old botched job of drain pipes under the bathroom sink.

03/26/2015

Denise P.

Our experience with them was good. Everything was fine. It was easy to schedule and they were on time. They did fine. They did what they came to do.

Description of Work
We used Scott’s Plumbing Company. They were turning the water off underneath our house for our waterfall.

02/21/2015

Andrew F.

Had a leak in my basement where the water line entered my home. We discovered it at night and called Scott's after hours line. Scott had one of his guys over first thing the next morning. The work involved allot of digging and KUB. The work was done with care and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak coming in my basement.

02/01/2015

LYNDA M.

Great. Despite the complexity of the installation, they were in and out in no time. The bathroom was left spotless.

Description of Work
Installed a Toto bidet toile

01/06/2015

fern L.

I called Mr. Scott on Sunday and told him that I would be home on Tuesday morning. He said that he would put me on the books for that morning. I called them again on Monday to confirm, and they assured me that I was scheduled for the next morning. No one showed up, and when I called them, they told me that they did not have me down for any particular time, and that they would come by later in the afternoon. I told them not to bother, and that I would call someone else!

12/31/2014

Fenton M.

Jennifer arrived on time with an assistant. She assessed all of the problems quickly and professionally. They replaced parts in the leaking shower, snaked four toilets, put washer on faucet, fixed leaking toilet, and snaked slow draining sink. Jennifer did a great job.

Description of Work
We had various issues in the older home that we bought five months ago. The provider fixed leaks, snaked toilets, checked out disposal, and fixed shower.

12/23/2014

Lieselotte D.

Professional,did not take long,came out the next day after I called,my water pressure is back to normal.Like the Service,

Description of Work
Came out next Day after Ii called,fixed my water pressure regulater.

Clark Pump Sales and Service

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Wells and Pump services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Commercial and residential plumbing, back flow testing, water heater, gas, electric, water line, conditioning, sewer line, video inspection, storm water drainage, spoil removal, gas piping & installation & repair, sewer line jetting.

HVAC.